PDA

View Full Version : Blitzball question

Cid001
09-11-2005, 02:37 AM
I notice that when my guys lose a defensive encounter they all just kind of wander off while the opponent swims freely to our goal. So.. basically when I try to tackle but they [FW] [MF] break through my players just keep going towards their goal while the ball swims towards mine behind them. When we grab the ball they swim right back for another encounter before I can get clear to pass. I use Kiyuri Tidus and Larbeigh on forward, whats their deal?

Hambone
09-11-2005, 02:52 AM
they suck. that's their deal. o.k? o.k.

tranvanhieu
09-11-2005, 03:57 AM
Huh ! Then go back if you grab the ball.
'cause their MF and FW will go back,right? Go back toward your goal and then pass for your MF or FW.
And I suggest you to use original players of Auroch!
But if your no good at this mini game,you should hire only one player for Goal keeper position ,Kiyo (mask man near Djose temple,catch 13 or 15) or Miyu (Red girl sitting in one bank if Moon flow,cat 13 or 15 too).And there is no FW have Sht exceed 15.
You can't lose if you don't get scored,right?
And you will win since you get Jecht shot,you can score at least one goal.

For reference,this is the best team in my opinion
FW Left : Tidus
Right : Wedge
MF Brother
DF Left: Miyu
Right: Kiyo
GK Nimrook (hard to get him since Al Bhed Psyches never free him ^^,all others players are free agent)

KH-Cloudy
09-11-2005, 05:05 AM
hahah my best team is the original except for that d letter guy and my postions are

FW: D guy(forgot name)
Right:Letty
MF:Tidus
Left:botta
GK:Keepa

Oh and have u try using manual A?

Cid001
09-11-2005, 08:39 AM
Like I say its on defensive encounters so i dont think manual A works there.. OK its like this ill try to spell it out, they have the ball, their MF swims to my 2 forwards and if for some reason they break through and dribble like a ronso or something with high en, then my forwards just let them pass and dont persue any further.

Oh and lulu's moogle, your wrong they dont suck, at least not on offence.

boys from the dwarf
09-11-2005, 09:26 AM
first make sure your controlling it not auto. and i think if you press sqare or something you can change formations and stuff.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
09-11-2005, 11:45 AM
you press triangle to change auto to manual and formations.
My team is:
FW-L:Tidus
FW-R:Wakka/Datto
MF:Letty
DF-L:Jassu
DF-R:Botta

Yes i keep all the aurochs except datto as i always get wakka on the first time on the airship. he is cheap and he rocks. he can also get a move where all of the original aurochs SH are added together and put to wakka's. but only if the aurochs are in ur team! :D

KH-Cloudy
09-11-2005, 05:38 PM
hahaha thats pretty cool.

tranvanhieu
09-12-2005, 05:50 AM
you press triangle to change auto to manual and formations.
My team is:
FW-L:Tidus
FW-R:Wakka/Datto
MF:Letty
DF-L:Jassu
DF-R:Botta

Yes i keep all the aurochs except datto as i always get wakka on the first time on the airship. he is cheap and he rocks. he can also get a move where all of the original aurochs SH are added together and put to wakka's. but only if the aurochs are in ur team! :D

Hehe You are stubborn,a little like me.
I like the original team ,too and always play with Auroch players.
But they are not best players,that for sure.
Datto(FW) not good at scoring(shoot 8)
Letty(MF) suck at getting ball(attack 6)and can't go near enemy goal(en 7)
Botta(DF) can grab ball but easily lose it (en 3)
Jassu(DF) ...kind of, but better if he can pass for longer range (Pass 6)
Keepa(GK) very suck in the begining (Catch 5)
Tidus(Shoot 10 En 11 Attack 3) and Wakka(Shoot 10 En 12 Attack 4) good,but they can't be equal comparing with Wedge(Shoot 15,En 14 Attack 12)
And all Auroch players don't have much tech ,you have to learn all.

But after all,they all can go very strong.Keeping them as main player only a little hard in the beginning.

KH-Cloudy
09-24-2005, 11:45 PM
how do u get new players??

Cruise Control
09-25-2005, 12:38 AM
BLAPPA IS AMAZING!!!!! Give him Spin Shot, Volley Shot, Venom Tackle 2, and Nap Shot (I think it's Wither Shot), and even though it costs like 300 HP to shoot, you ALWAYS score.

KH-Cloudy
09-26-2005, 01:31 AM
whos blappa again..

The Mad Dragon
09-26-2005, 01:54 AM
thus far, I have not seen anyone replace Keepa. Here's the team I use.

FW-L:Vilucha/Keepa
FW-R:Nedus
MF: Tidus
DF-L:Kiyuri
DF-R:Zev Ronso
GK:Wedge

I don't even look at Nimrook because he's taken and is never a free agent. Wedge is my goalie because he has the 2nd highest ca when maxed. No one seems to realize that Keepa has THE highest SH in all of the blitzball players. His shot reaches 99. Nedus also has a decent shot. Same with Vilucha. As for the decent, they have a decent attack, which is needed if they are going to break through.

yojimbo_man
10-06-2005, 10:06 AM
does anyone know what manual b is :confused: and i think keppa sucks i use jumal also i still use datto his en gets high but he is hard 2 level up mine is still at lvl 8 and my tidus is at lvl21 :D

The Mad Dragon
10-06-2005, 03:09 PM
Just let him catch the ball from the opposing team.

KH-Cloudy
10-13-2005, 12:02 AM
heres a question if u replaced keppa who will it be?

Dark Messenger
10-25-2005, 08:43 AM
The Psyches will free Nimrook! Just check his contract (on the airship, cargo hold) and make sure he has ONE game left. Then play an Exhibition game against the Al Bhed and Forfeit. Save first, so you can keep trying until Nimrook's free! I did it this way and they suddenly dropped Nimrook for Nizarut.

mj05
10-25-2005, 11:04 PM
how do u get new players??

All you do for new players is go up to a potential player and press square. It'll tell you all their stats and whether or not they are already signed to a team and how many games left of the contract if they are signed.

This is my team:
FW: Jassu (Lvl. 15)
FW: Gazna Ronso (Lvl. 21)
MF: Tidus (Lvl. 33)
DF: Letty (Lvl. 21)
DF: Naida (Lvl. 25)
GK: Keepa (Lvl. 28)

I hardly ever lose any games with these ppl. I signed Wakka for like 10 games and he was only at Lvl. 3! I used him twice and let his contract expire. He kept making my games tie instead of winning. I just replaced him with the Ronso (good EN). Naida has good attack (around 23) and Keepa's catch is in the low 20's. Can anyone tell me why Keepa never learns techs? He only knows Super Goalie and Grip Gloves on mine and he's always marked on someone and never learns anything.

Rikku_007
10-26-2005, 12:49 AM
If I would change Keepa I would change him for Nimrook.

Wedge has 17 shot on level 1.

DK
10-26-2005, 01:03 AM
My team is:

FW:Tidus
FW:Wedge/Blappa/Shaami (I tend to rotate around. I ususally keep wedge, though, his Atk + End = godly. Tidus sht gets so dumb its impossible for him to miss later on anyway.)
MF: Tatts. Tatts is a badass. (sitting on the boxes at Kilika)
DF: Zalitz (Sailor dude in Luca, sitting on the wall on the way to the sphere hall place.)
DF: This is usually an Auroch until one of the other team releases a player, usually one of the goers or Psyches.
GK: Nimrook when available, Jumal otherwise.

I've been undefeated for about 30 blitzball seasons on various games with this team. Hell, I went for about 15 without the computer even scoring against me.

mj05
10-26-2005, 01:32 AM
Right now, Tidus hardly ever misses so you're right on that part. But the only team that has a goalie good enough is the Goers (I think) or the Psyches. Cant remember which one. I still dont lose, but the goalie blocks about half of my shots.