PDA

View Full Version : DO YOU PREFER HAPPY OR SAD ENDINGS

FFX_fanatiq
09-11-2005, 02:57 AM
n

TurkSlayer
09-11-2005, 03:15 AM
Sad. That was probably the worst thing about IX. The happy ending. But then, it was more of a humorous game then a dark one like the two previous titles. Anyway, Tactic had a great ending. The good guy save the world, yet they still have to live in hiding, Olan is killed, Balmafula has her tongue cut off, and Ovelia is killed as well. It was great. Like the ending to one of Shakespeare's great tragedies.

rubah
09-11-2005, 03:51 AM
Happy endings. That was the entire reason I played x-2 at first.

8's was very satisfactory.

Rengori
09-11-2005, 04:29 AM
Happy.

ThroneofDravaris
09-11-2005, 04:37 AM
I like FF8's 'mess with your mind' ending more than anything else.

Not too happy

Not overly sad

Just completely f@#$ed.

XxSephirothxX
09-11-2005, 04:59 AM
I prefer happy endings, but sad endings make an overall more quality and emotioanlly impacting package. That's one of the many reasons why Cowboy Bebop is awesome.

MAS82587
09-11-2005, 06:16 AM
happy endings suck, they arnt original at all.
sad/surprise endings all the way.

ZuZu
09-11-2005, 06:28 AM
sad/surprise endings all the way.
I liked FFX ending which was sad but also little happy

Shoeberto
09-11-2005, 06:43 AM
Anything that leaves an impact.

DMKA
09-11-2005, 07:27 AM
I prefer bittersweet myself, like FFX's.

Yuffie514
09-11-2005, 08:49 AM
nice and long endings, and yes, b/c of my experience with FFX...i want not to be disappointed again.

tailz
09-11-2005, 10:12 AM
i like a mixture of both like X there is only one small group of people who dont have their happy ending but for the rest of the world ...

although yeah X has a sad ending so i vote for sad

Slade
09-11-2005, 11:59 AM
Im not really worried. As long as its a good ending and wraps most things up then im happy. Either way theyre both pretty emotional.

Dreddz
09-11-2005, 12:21 PM
happy endings, sad ones make you feel like it was un acomplished

Captain Maxx Power
09-11-2005, 12:34 PM
I like the endings where you think something terrible is going to happen, but then gets turned around by something cool happening.

To this day I've yet to find an ending that's given me a bigger smile on my face than System Shock 2.

After defeating the evil computer on the ship SHODAN, she lies in front of you. Throughout the course of the game it's made evident that she believes herself, a computer, is vastly superior to humans. Thusly she talks about how she doesn't understand how a simple human "albeit cybernetically enhanced" could defeat her. But then she attempts to make an ultimatum with your character. She's currently in control of a drive which can enslave the universe, and thusly ask you to join her, saying that the two of you can rule together...

Close up to your character's face - "...Na!"

He then shoots SHODAN in the face with a pistol, thusly owning her. He then contacts a shuttle which had been jettisoned with two surviving crew members, only for another scene to show one at the intercom talking before the other comes from around the corner, the outline of SHODAN's form showing she's been subverted into a cyborg with SHODAN's personality, leaving the first lady of Psychotic AI's laughing.

http://www.sciencefiction.com/newgame/shodan.jpg

Then again, that's just me...

Christmas
09-11-2005, 01:39 PM
Happy.

Mr.Cal
09-11-2005, 02:10 PM
I love IX's ending. Zidane is seemingly crushed by the Iifa Tree's spasm, but reappears to Dagger in the final scene.

Well actually the ending after the Iifa Tree action sequence sucks until the play takes place. Then it rocks again! I timed the text ending: 13 minutes!!! AARGH!!!

Luara
09-11-2005, 02:24 PM
I love IX's ending. Zidane is seemingly crushed by the Iifa Tree's spasm, but reappears to Dagger in the final scene.

Well actually the ending after the Iifa Tree action sequence sucks until the play takes place. Then it rocks again! I timed the text ending: 13 minutes!!! AARGH!!!
:love:

kikimm
09-11-2005, 06:15 PM
I prefer bittersweet myself, like FFX's.

YES. They're always the ones that leave the most impresion, and get the most emotion out of me; even more than the downright depressing ones. Bittersweet is the way to go.

GooeyToast
09-12-2005, 12:38 AM
S'all good :cool:

Vyk
09-12-2005, 04:02 AM
I like the mixed bag. Either a fake sad ending followed by a surprise. Or a real sad ending followed by a satisfactory epilogue that warps things up. No cliffhangers please. Sad or happy, things need to be wrapped up. Though I don't mind Golden Sun's "To be continued..." thing since I grabbed up the sequal right away. I don't like endings like in FF7 where it was left up to interpretation and a lot of people's interpretation turned out to be wrong so you wonder why the heck they even did that. Granted they didn't know 8 years ago that they'd be following it up but still...

Dark Matter
09-12-2005, 10:55 AM
I prefer a never-ending story, so I could experience all the feelings, happy, sad, etc.

Prancing Mad
09-12-2005, 02:37 PM
Bittersweet or sad with a possibility of getting a good ending if you do a pile of secret stuffs. I like games with two endings. lol. That way I can see both and the happy one will make me happier after seeing the sad or bittersweet one.

Rengori
09-12-2005, 06:10 PM
I prefer a never-ending story, so I could experience all the feelings, happy, sad, etc.
If it's never ending, then there is no end.

PearlRose
09-14-2005, 02:47 PM
Both kinds of endings have their merits, but I just happen to enjoy happy endings more. I play games to have fun and relax, so I don't really want my last impression of a game I spent a ton of hours playing to be the epitome of sadness. (Unless the game's been really, really depressing from the intro.)

Azure Chrysanthemum
09-14-2005, 06:21 PM
I don't prefer one over the other, so long as it's executed well. That means excessively happy or sad endings annoy me greatly.

Destai
09-14-2005, 06:56 PM
Sad endings. Happy endings dont make me feel anything. Sad endings make me feel touched, a little depressed and make me give the story so much thought.

ehsteve
09-14-2005, 10:28 PM
I like sad endings when they make sense, very unlike FFVIII's ending. What the heck was up with that?