PDA

View Full Version : FF7 PC help

MillerLite81
09-11-2005, 04:55 AM
I installed FF7 for my PC and installed the 1.02 patch. When I play the game (at the menu and when I am actually playing) the controls start freaking out on me. I am simply using a keyboard. At the menu, the mouse goes up and down like it is out of control. And if I somehow manage to start the game, I have no control over cloud. Any ideas?

Carl the Llama
09-11-2005, 10:21 AM
buy a pc control pad :D

Skyblade
09-11-2005, 10:27 AM
buy a pc control pad :D

I doubt that would solve the problem, this sounds like a game glitch, not a problem caused by the controller.

Clean off the CDs, and make sure they are scratch free (just to eliminate them, since I doubt they are the problem). Check the control scheme to make sure that each button is properly assigned a single command, because setting multiple commands to a single key could cause that sort of problem (I can't remember if FFVII lets you set multiple controls to a single key or not though). Make sure that your keyboard works fine for all other programs (I assume by your "mouse" you actually meant the cursor). Try reinstalling the game without the patch, to see if the patch is the problem. If all that fails you, ask someone else, because I'm out of ideas right now. :p

DMKA
09-11-2005, 09:09 PM
Throw the computer away.