PDA

View Full Version : Survey: shakespeare

xtreme112
09-11-2005, 05:01 AM
Hey everyone, if you have a spare moment could you please fill out this little survey for me, it's actually part of a school assignment so could you please answer seriously.

-Do you enjoy shakespeare stories (as novels) and/or productions:
-On a scale of 1 to 5, how well can you understand Shakespeare plays (1 being well, 5 having great difficulty):
-Have you ever read a shakespeare story before:
-If so which:
-Have you ever seen a Shakespeare play production:
-If so which:
-Have you ever studied Romeo and Juliet as an english novel:
If so;
-List the most common themes found in the story
-What do you consider were to have been the greatest influencing factor in the outcomes of the story:

Thanks for your time and contribution ^_^

Shoeberto
09-11-2005, 05:04 AM
-Do you enjoy shakespeare stories (as novels) and/or productions: Yes.
-On a scale of 1 to 5, how well can you understand Shakespeare plays (1 being well, 5 having great difficulty): 1
-Have you ever read a shakespeare story before: Yes.
-If so which: Romeo and Juliet, Macbeth, The Taming of the Shrew
-Have you ever seen a Shakespeare play production: Yes.
-If so which: Romero and Juliet, Macbeth, The Taming of the Shrew
-Have you ever studied Romeo and Juliet as an english novel: Yes.
If so; Macbeth
-List the most common themes found in the story: Misunderstandings
-What do you consider were to have been the greatest influencing factor in the outcomes of the story: The main character.

rubah
09-11-2005, 05:29 AM
-Do you enjoy shakespeare stories (as novels) and/or productions: Not really. They tend to all seem the same after a while. I like watching the plays for the entertainment value though.
-On a scale of 1 to 5, how well can you understand Shakespeare plays (1 being well, 5 having great difficulty): eh, I'll say 3
-Have you ever read a shakespeare story before: yes.
-If so which: Romeo and Juliet, Julius Caesar, A Midsummer's Night Dream, the usual.
-Have you ever seen a Shakespeare play production: yes
-If so which: Romeo and Juliet
-Have you ever studied Romeo and Juliet as an english novel: yes
If so;
-List the most common themes found in the story: eh, I just remember that light and darkness were motifs xD
-What do you consider were to have been the greatest influencing factor in the outcomes of the story: the fates

Shlup
09-11-2005, 05:43 AM
-Do you enjoy shakespeare stories (as novels) and/or productions: For the most part, yes.
-On a scale of 1 to 5, how well can you understand Shakespeare plays (1 being well, 5 having great difficulty): 1
-If so which: I've read Romeo and Juliet (who hasn't?), Othello, and Midsummer Night's Dream
-Have you ever seen a Shakespeare play production: ...Kind of.
-If so which: In 9th grade summer school one half of the class did a condensed version, which I watched, and my half did a "ghetto version," in which I played Juliet. I've also seen both movie versions of that play, along with Othello, and Midsummer Night's Dream. I've never seen a real in-theatre version of them played.
-Have you ever studied Romeo and Juliet as an english novel: In high school and college.
If so;
-List the most common themes found in the story: Hate, ignorance, and lack of impulse control.
-What do you consider were to have been the greatest influencing factor in the outcomes of the story: Lack of development of the prefrontal cortex of the main characters, resulting in lack of impulse control, foresight, and playing towards the 'personal fable' stigma.

Hope that helped. :)

Masamune·1600
09-11-2005, 05:45 AM

-Do you enjoy shakespeare stories (as novels) and/or productions: yes, although it's not totally accurate to speak of them as novels

-Have you ever read a shakespeare story before: yes

-If so which: let's see...As You Like It, Twelfth Night, All's Well That Ends Well, Measure for Measure, Troilus and Cressida, Romeo and Juliet, Julius Caesar, Hamlet, Othello, King Lear, Macbeth, Timon of Athens, Antony and Cleopatra, Coriolanus, Pericles, The Winter's Tale, The Tempest, Two Noble Kinsmen, and Henry the Eighth.

-Have you ever seen a Shakespeare play production: Sadly, not live, but I'll probably see one or two this year.

-If so which: ---

-Have you ever studied Romeo and Juliet as an english novel: yes, although not for quite some time

If so;
-List the most common themes found in the story: love, hate, misunderstanding/miscommunication, inconsistency, chance/accident

-What do you consider were to have been the greatest influencing factor in the outcomes of the story: the characters, sheer chance

Channing
09-11-2005, 05:47 AM

-Do you enjoy shakespeare stories (as novels) and/or productions: No

-On a scale of 1 to 5, how well can you understand Shakespeare plays (1 being well, 5 having great difficulty): 2

-Have you ever read a shakespeare story before:
-If so which: Romeo and Juliet/Sonnets

-Have you ever seen a Shakespeare play production:
-If so which: No

-Have you ever studied Romeo and Juliet as an english novel:
If so; Yes

Love and deception

-What do you consider were to have been the greatest influencing factor in the outcomes of the story: Love. :P

Raistlin
09-11-2005, 06:10 AM
-Do you enjoy shakespeare stories (as novels) and/or productions:
-Have you ever read a shakespeare story before: Yes
-If so which: <i>Hamlet, MacBeth, Taming of the Shrew, Othello, King Lear, The Tempest, Twelfth Night</i>
-Have you ever seen a Shakespeare play production: Yes
-If so which: <i>Twelfth Night</i>
-Have you ever studied Romeo and Juliet as an english novel: No
If so;
-List the most common themes found in the story: n/a
-What do you consider were to have been the greatest influencing factor in the outcomes of the story: n/a

Mitch
09-11-2005, 06:33 AM
-Do you enjoy shakespeare stories (as novels) and/or productions: Yes
-On a scale of 1 to 5, how well can you understand Shakespeare plays (1 being well, 5 having great difficulty): 4
-If so which: Othello, The Taming of the Shrew, MacBeth
-If so which: Romeo and Juliet, Taming of the Shrew
If so;
-What do you consider were to have been the greatest influencing factor in the outcomes of the story:

The Summoner of Leviathan
09-11-2005, 06:34 AM
-Do you enjoy shakespeare stories (as novels) and/or productions: Ouais...(In other words...yes)
-On a scale of 1 to 5, how well can you understand Shakespeare plays (1 being well, 5 having great difficulty): 1.5
-Have you ever read a shakespeare story before:Yes
-If so which: Midsummer Night's Dream, Macbeth, Hamlet, Twelth Night
-Have you ever seen a Shakespeare play production:Yes
-If so which:MacBeth
-Have you ever studied Romeo and Juliet as an english novel:Nope
If so;

Madonna
09-11-2005, 06:36 AM
Do you enjoy shakespeare stories (as novels) and/or productions: Yes.
On a scale of 1 to 5, how well can you understand Shakespeare plays (1 being well, 5 having great difficulty): 1.
Have you ever read a shakespeare story before: Yes.
If so which: Macbeth, Romeo and Juliet, Othello, Hamlet, Taming of the Shrew, Julius Caesar, A Midsummer Night's Dream, Much Ado About Nothing, and King Lear.
Have you ever seen a Shakespeare play production: Yes.
If so which: The Merry Wives of Windsor, The Merchant of Venice, Romeo and Juliet, and Taming of the Shrew.
Have you ever studied Romeo and Juliet as an english novel: Yes.
If so; ?
List the most common themes found in the story: Love at first sight, warring families, murder and a misunderstanding, and teenagers doing stupid things.
What do you consider were to have been the greatest influencing factor in the outcomes of the story: Oh, the tragic fate of teenagers angsted.

Reles
09-11-2005, 06:53 AM
-Do you enjoy shakespeare stories (as novels) and/or productions: Kind of.
-On a scale of 1 to 5, how well can you understand Shakespeare plays (1 being well, 5 having great difficulty): 3
-Have you ever read a shakespeare story before: yes.
-If so which: Romeo and Juliet, Julius Caesar, Taming the Shrew
-Have you ever studied Romeo and Juliet as an english novel: No.
If so;
-List the most common themes found in the story Naive love

Rase
09-11-2005, 08:35 AM
-Do you enjoy shakespeare stories (as novels) and/or productions: Meh, sort of. To me, overall, their okay, not fantastic, not terrible.
-On a scale of 1 to 5, how well can you understand Shakespeare plays (1 being well, 5 having great difficulty): 2
-If so which: Romeo and Juliet, A Midsummer Nights Dream, Macbeth
-If so which: Macbeth, Tempest.
If so; A Midsummer Nights Dream.
-List the most common themes found in the story: Love, tragedy, death.
-What do you consider were to have been the greatest influencing factor in the outcomes of the story: The main character.

fantasyjunkie
09-11-2005, 08:36 AM
-Do you enjoy shakespeare stories (as novels) and/or productions:some, not all
-On a scale of 1 to 5, how well can you understand Shakespeare plays (1 being well, 5 having great difficulty):I understood henry V with no problem(1) but I could not understand a midsummer nights dream(5). If someone could explain to me what was going on I would be most grateful!
-Have you ever read a shakespeare story before:yes
-If so which:romeo and juliet, midsummer night dream, julius ceaser, and henry V
-Have you ever seen a Shakespeare play production:no
-If so which:
-Have you ever studied Romeo and Juliet as an english novel: no
If so;
-What do you consider were to have been the greatest influencing factor in the outcomes of the story: passion

Thanks for your time and contribution ^_^ anytime :)

Dr.K
09-11-2005, 10:17 AM
-If so which: Macbeth, Othello, Measure For Measure
-Have you ever seen a Shakespeare play production: Yes, but not at a theatre - on TV.
-If so which: Measure For Measure

Twisted Tinkerbell
09-11-2005, 10:31 AM
-If so which: Macbeth, Othello, The Taming of the Shrew
-If so which: Othello
-Have you ever studied Romeo and Juliet as an english novel: Yes
If so;
-List the most common themes found in the story: Love, family, hatred.
-What do you consider were to have been the greatest influencing factor in the outcomes of the story: Family and love.

SammieBabe
09-11-2005, 01:36 PM
-Do you enjoy shakespeare stories (as novels) and/or productions:Yes
-If so which: R & J . Julius Caesar, Hamlet, Midsummer Night's Dream, Othello, Sonnets,Taming of the Shrew
-If so which: Hamlet, R & J , Taming of the Shrew, Othello, Midsummer Night's Drea,
If so;
-List the most common themes found in the story: the intensity of youth, passion, not considering consequences
-What do you consider were to have been the greatest influencing factor in the outcomes of the story: The families: the parents...

Craig
09-11-2005, 01:47 PM
-Do you enjoy shakespeare stories (as novels) and/or productions: No.
-On a scale of 1 to 5, how well can you understand Shakespeare plays (1 being well, 5 having great difficulty): 4
-Have you ever read a shakespeare story before: Not entirely.
-If so which: N/A
-Have you ever seen a Shakespeare play production: No.
-If so which: N/A
If so;
-List the most common themes found in the story Um, love, death, passion, hate and bolony.
-What do you consider were to have been the greatest influencing factor in the outcomes of the story: Love.

Momiji
09-11-2005, 08:15 PM
-Do you enjoy shakespeare stories (as novels) and/or productions: Sure, why not.
If so;
-List the most common themes found in the story: love, compassion, and maybe a little stupidity. (Ahh, the things people do for love.)
-What do you consider were to have been the greatest influencing factor in the outcomes of the story: Love, by far.

Hope this helps.

Haunted
09-14-2005, 08:22 PM
-Do you enjoy shakespeare stories (as novels) and/or productions: no
-On a scale of 1 to 5, how well can you understand Shakespeare plays (1 being well, 5 having great difficulty): 3
-Have you ever read a shakespeare story before: yes
-If so which: Macbeth
-Have you ever seen a Shakespeare play production:no
-If so which:
-Have you ever studied Romeo and Juliet as an english novel:no
If so;

Psychotic
09-15-2005, 12:21 AM
-Country: England - I actually live in Shakespeare's county. We have it proudly displayed on all the signs here.
-Do you enjoy shakespeare stories (as novels) and/or productions: They're alright.
-Have you ever read a shakespeare story before: Yep
-If so which: Romeo and Juliet, A Midsummer's Night's Dream and Macbeth.
-Have you ever seen a Shakespeare play production: No, except movie versions of the aforementioned.
-If so which:
-Have you ever studied Romeo and Juliet as an english novel: Yup
If so;
-List the most common themes found in the story Foreshadowing, fate, destiny
-What do you consider were to have been the greatest influencing factor in the outcomes of the story: Fate/Destiny.