PDA

View Full Version : Unexplained Phone Call

Sephex
09-11-2005, 06:40 AM
My girlfriend and I live in an apartment in the south suburbs of Chicago. Her cell phone was plugged into a wall with the power (of the cell phone) off while we were visiting a friend's house in Indiana. While we were at the friend's house, his cell phone went off. His caller ID said that my girlfriend's cell phone was calling his phone. She explained that this was impossible because (as you all know) it was left at our apartment.

The first thing that hit my mind was that the cat knocked over the phone and hit a button to speed dial. Then my girlfriend reminded me that the phone was turned off, and the cat would be hard pressed to turn on the phone--even if it somehow knew what it was doing.

The second thing that hit my mind was that some moron broke into our apartment, and he either accidently turned it on somehow, and a button was pressed that speed dialed my the cell phone of my friend in Indiana...or it was a cocky, dumb robber that decided to call someone on her call list and say, "Hey, I'm robbing an apartment!"

I tried to call the police station to have a cop check out things, but they put me on hold forever, so I decided I'll wait to see if everything is okay when I got back. After all, if someone broke in, they were long gone by now.

However, when my girlfriend and I got home, everything was exactly how we left it. Her cell phone was under some paper I left on top of it, so it didn't move at all. It was also off--just like we said. My girlfriend even checked the call log to see if her phone called by itself somehow. However, nothing came up.

What the hell happened?

Shoeberto
09-11-2005, 06:42 AM
Either your cell phone account got hacked (improbable), he misread it, or it was a glitch on the phone.

Mitch
09-11-2005, 06:43 AM
that was me stalking you, sorry. I'll be more discreet next time.

But seriously.... it would just have been a network screw up (my guess)

Reles
09-11-2005, 06:46 AM
Ghostices? ^.^

DMKA
09-11-2005, 07:07 AM
It was God.

CloudDragon
09-11-2005, 07:23 AM
Call log could have been deleted, or just that specific entry deleted so you have no way of knowing that for sure.

Leeza
09-11-2005, 07:33 AM
Freaky. There's got to be a logical explanation somewhere, but I have no clue where that could be. :cat:

Rainecloud
09-11-2005, 08:02 AM
His phone could have been faulty/haunted.

Yamaneko
09-11-2005, 08:06 AM
Duty calls. Will you answer the call?

Channing
09-11-2005, 08:13 AM
My only guess would be that there was a discrepency with the service. That's strange. :S