PDA

View Full Version : Preparing for the last battle... *maybe spoilers*

Euan_hmfc
09-11-2005, 11:26 AM
Guys, I've reached a big moment in my lifetime. Not only is this my first post on EyesonFF, but I also look set to complete FFVII, the game I have loved since the moment I bought.

Basically, I got it a few years ago and got up to Safer Sepiroth but failed miserably. I was unhappy, and being as stupid as I am, deleted my save game. I've got back round to playing it and today I managed to get on Disk 3.

My characters are on Levels 52-54 at the moment, with Barrett, Cid and of course Cloud the characters I use.

What materias/limit breaks/whatever are essential to beating ole Sepiroth. Could you please tell me where to pick them up?

Captain Maxx Power
09-11-2005, 12:41 PM
Boy o boy, there's a whole load of explaining. Basically it'll help if you tell us what setup you've got already, but there's a few things I could recommend.

1: Try to have either "Resist" on your characters, and at least one person with the Ribbon and Esuna. Safer can inflict several status effects at once if he chooses, and it helps to have something to counter it with.

2: Make sure someone has Cure + All, but that's taken as read.

3: I can't remember if your characters get healed or not before Safer, but if not then use a Megalixir from the start.

4: I don't know if you have Omnislash. You'll haveta do a lot of backtracking to get it if you haven't, but it's a stupidly powerful 4th limit for Cloud which you've probably at least heard about.

5: If all else fails, look at Gamefaqs (http://www.gamefaqs.com) and search for FF7. There's loads of guides there (including some amazing character who's written a No-Materia walkthrough).

Apart from that just try to knock out as much damage as possible. He's really not overly hard. If you fail, then go gain some levels.

G SpOtZ
09-11-2005, 02:53 PM
do NOT use kotr on jenova synthesis and bizarro sephiroth. if you do, it boosts up safer sephiroth's hp by a lot.

first, have the destruct materia. you can despell or debarrier wall on safer sephiroth, because that's usually the first thing he casts on himself.

make sure a lot of your characters have hp plus', ultima might help but i never use it.

i love the enemy skill materia, mainly because of magic hammer and BIG GUARD. my main defense set up is always regen+big guard. it helps a LOT. but ur going to have to cast big guard plenty of times because it runs out fast.

if you even have kotr, go ahead and use it, but only AFTER you despell or debarrier the wall on sephy.

Carl the Llama
09-11-2005, 03:17 PM
ok here is the plan... take all your materia off and go in and chop him to bit's seriously try it he is a walk in the park id also recomend useing the x item trick and getting 99 mega elixiers and 99 hero potions then your all set :D

Euan_hmfc
09-11-2005, 04:37 PM
Thanks for the help so far.

I may go back and get Omnislash. I heard you get it at the Battle square, though it takes like ten hours fighting to get it, right? Anything for completing this damn game...

KOTR just sounds so hard to get, I know literally nothing about Chocobos so I'm not sure if it's worth it.

My basic set-up, btw, in a word, is basic. I have strong weapons for all the characters (Cids' ultimate weapon, Cloud and Barrett have 98 rated attacks) and very little strong materia. I basically need some killer magic, and how do I get de-barrier etc?

TurkSlayer
09-11-2005, 04:54 PM
You don't need KOTR to beat Sephi, or Omnislash for that matter. Just use the best attacks you have, but don't waste them on his first form. Normal attacks should be fine for that. He's not that hard.

Rengori
09-11-2005, 05:13 PM
If you have a ribbon, equip it to Cloud so Sephiroth's Pale Horse won't effect him.

Use Barrier-All and M Barrier-All so that Sephy's Super Nova doesn't damage you nearly as much.

Use skills that hit more than once for lots of damage (i.e. Meteorain, Comet 2, Omnislash, etc.)

kikimm
09-11-2005, 05:44 PM
You don't need KOTR to beat Sephi, or Omnislash for that matter. Just use the best attacks you have, but don't waste them on his first form. Normal attacks should be fine for that. He's not that hard.

I completely agree with this. I didn't have either KOTR or Omnislash, and he was still a piece of cake. Don't stress over him.

G SpOtZ
09-11-2005, 05:46 PM
if you have the patience, i suggest getting 4xcut because that is a godly materia. mime too, but since ur not into the chocobo stuff, then you don't really need it i guess.

you can find the double cut materia in the sunket gelnika. it's in an inlet south of costa del sol.

in the north cave, there is a marshy area. with w-item, you can get 99 elixers if you know how to work the glitch.

now in the marshy area, you'll encounter magic pots. give each one an elixer, and then just attack them. i suggest equipping cloud with the apocolypse (assuming you beat ultimate weapon) and putting the double cut(2xcut) materia into a slot in the apocolypse. this way, you should gain 3000 ap for each magic pot you kill. (sometimes they come in groups of two, resulting in 6000 ap)

there are also lil bouncy red balls called "movers"
they give a lot of ap, but no experience. you don't need elixers for them, just attack em, they aren't hard.

it takes a long time but it's easy if you have w-item and apocolypse.

Carl the Llama
09-11-2005, 06:38 PM
[TR][TD]
in the north cave, there is a marshy area. with w-item, you can get 99 elixers if you know how to work the glitch.
this isnt true its in Midgar when you fly into it from above but if you didnt get it there dont worry you can get it from bone village its in the same place you got the luna harp (i think thats what it is) but yea go there and you can get it.

I may go back and get Omnislash. I heard you get it at the Battle square, though it takes like ten hours fighting to get it, right? Anything for completing this damn game...
that also isnt true i got the omnislash in under 1 hour (and i was takeing my time playing with my enemy's :D )

Rengori
09-11-2005, 06:40 PM
[TR][TD]
this isnt true its in Midgar when you fly into it from above but if you didnt get it there dont worry you can get it from bone village its in the same place you got the luna harp (i think thats what it is) but yea go there and you can get it.Where did that come from?

Carl the Llama
09-11-2005, 07:04 PM
[TR][TD]
this isnt true its in Midgar when you fly into it from above but if you didnt get it there dont worry you can get it from bone village its in the same place you got the luna harp (i think thats what it is) but yea go there and you can get it.Where did that come from?

[TR][TD]what do you mean?

Rengori
09-11-2005, 07:10 PM
I mean the Midgar part seems completely irrelavent.

Carl the Llama
09-11-2005, 07:31 PM
[TR][TD]well he said that you could get the w-item (for the item dupe trick) in the north cave and thats wrong you get it when you return to midgar from the highwind and i also said you can get the w-item from bone villige

boys from the dwarf
09-11-2005, 07:33 PM
the gold chocobo as long as you know how and are rich is easy, you just need the right nut and i high enough racing rank. HP plus materia is a good thing to use and ultimate weapons are important but not vital(first time won without KoTR and clouds ultimate.) 2x and 4x cut are great and final attack materia combined with pheonix garantees a win unless you suck. if you have omnislah you will be able to kill him in one shot or almost. with good things like these despite how hard he hits you you cant lose.

Rengori
09-11-2005, 07:36 PM
[TR][TD]well he said that you could get the w-item (for the item dupe trick) in the north cave and thats wrong you get it when you return to midgar from the highwind and i also said you can get the w-item from bone villige
G SpOtZ said you could use the W-Item to get elixers to use on Magic Pots in the Norther Crater.

Carl the Llama
09-11-2005, 07:40 PM
[TR][TD]*rereads* Doh! :twak:

Emerald weapon
09-11-2005, 10:48 PM
All you need is 2-4 megaelixers n a party of level 60 with alryt magic and summons(*note would be good if cloud had ultima weapon and omnislash!)

Emerald weapon
09-11-2005, 10:50 PM
Am new to this also,and ive got a question..........how do you get the pics beside your name some please tell me!!!Pm me or leave a reply in this forum cheers

DMKA
09-11-2005, 11:25 PM
I completely agree with this. I didn't have either KOTR or Omnislash, and he was still a piece of cake. Don't stress over him.
Yeah, but it's not the same for every game. Doing stuff earlier on determines his stats. I've fought him where it just took omnislash to kill him and other times where I was fighting him for almost an hour without him dying using Omnislash and KotR.

So there's really no way to tell.

G SpOtZ
09-11-2005, 11:40 PM
Yeah, but it's not the same for every game. Doing stuff earlier on determines his stats. I've fought him where it just took omnislash to kill him and other times where I was fighting him for almost an hour without him dying using Omnislash and KotR.

the only way you can't kill sephiroth with both omnislash and kotr is if you used kotr on jenova synthesis and bizarro sephiroth because it gives safer sephiroth extra hp. and also if you didn't take down sephy's wall spell.

DMKA
09-11-2005, 11:51 PM

the only way you can't kill sephiroth with both omnislash and kotr is if you used kotr on jenova synthesis and bizarro sephiroth because it gives safer sephiroth extra hp. and also if you didn't take down sephy's wall spell.
Umm no. I've seen from playing that it changes. I have no idea how though, and the reason I say no is because I've only beat the game once having KotR.

G SpOtZ
09-12-2005, 03:57 AM
that's strange because every time i've used kotr on him it either only took two turns, or one if i debarriered his wall. didn't seem to change for me.

it could also depend on ur levels.

redxiiii
09-12-2005, 04:05 PM
[QUOTE=G SpOtZ]do NOT use kotr on jenova synthesis and bizarro sephiroth. if you do, it boosts up safer sephiroth's hp by a lot.

I dodn`t know this, I thought it was just cloud`s level that affected sephy`s hp

Rengori
09-12-2005, 06:12 PM
[QUOTE=G SpOtZ]do NOT use kotr on jenova synthesis and bizarro sephiroth. if you do, it boosts up safer sephiroth's hp by a lot.

I dodn`t know this, I thought it was just cloud`s level that affected sephy`s hp
Nope.

Euan_hmfc
09-13-2005, 05:58 PM
Thanks for the help guys, much appreciated!

One question hasn't been answered - where oh where do I find 'de-barrier' to aid killing Sephy with?

Banishing Blade
09-13-2005, 06:13 PM
When you first time go to Nibelheim you can get it by going to basement of Shinra mansion and you see Sephiroth there and when he leaves he drops it.

Euan_hmfc
09-14-2005, 07:43 PM
Seems I haven't got that materia in my collection, this game is going to be near-impossible. I haven't even got Comet 2 and I'm waaaay off getting it.

Tried to get Omnislash tonight and yesterday, my character (Cid) keeps dying even though he's pretty strong. Do you think I can march on with de-barrier, without Omnislash, without Comet 2, without Flare - without any decent materia besides Comet 1 and Ultima, and the bare Ice/Lightning/Fire basics, and still beat Sephiroth? I also don't have Esuna, either.

By the way, is there anywhere I can buy de-barrier and where is a good place for buying items? I have like no useful items besides Pheonix Downs, Hi-Potions, a couple of Elixers etc, no megalixers or anything like that.

This is going to be hard...

Banishing Blade
09-14-2005, 07:55 PM
Actually I have never used Debarrier (which comes on Destruct materia) myself.
And i keep Comet 2 almost useless in the final boss too. You should get good strength for Cloud by morphing Heavy Tanks in Gongaga Reactor into power sources then get 4X Cut from Sunken Gelnika.

Maybe you could manipulate the Beach Plug monster at Costa Del Sol beach and get big guard E.Skill from it. It gives you Barrier, MBarrier and Haste.

I see that very usefull against him. And have ribbon with Cloud so he can't be inflicted by status ailments which come from Palehorse and Super Nova. Then just beat him up with 4X cut and powerful summons like Bahamut Zero (I suppose you don't have KotR).

And btw you can get Comet 2 by going to Ancient city. You remember the glassy road what you went down and Aeris got killed right? dont go there. just pass the road you see left of you and keep heading up. Comet materia is still there.

W-magic might be helpful against Safer Sephiroth too. And remember use megalixir with Cloud every time after Sephy casts Super Nova so it cures your allies status ailments and gives full HP and if u don't have 9999 HP with every character go to Cosmo Canyon or Mideel Materia Shop and buy few of them. 9999 HP helps more than you would think.

Edit:Oops you already have Comet materia :D

Euan_hmfc
09-14-2005, 08:13 PM
Thankyou man!

Sunken Gelnika, where abouts is this boss/enemy?

Where do I get a ribbon?

Is there any place I can buy megalixir's from?

Thanks, Euan