PDA

View Full Version : Ultima Weapon yay!

Butz
09-11-2005, 02:04 PM
so what is the best proven way to beat him

he always strike first with light pillar knocking out one of my party members and I spend the rest of the turns healling :mad:

Venom
09-11-2005, 02:22 PM
here are some steps i used

1.Curaga
2.Having L.3 limit breaks
3.Reflect
4.Double cut materia
5.Increased magic defense

i dunno if if this can help but im glad if it does

Christmas
09-11-2005, 02:29 PM

1.Curaga
3.Reflect
4.Double cut materia

Huh? Anyway, here is something posted ages ago about Ultima Weapon and all stuff, it is a bit long but the info is precise:

http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=53904

You can kill Ultima Weapon with one Lionheart limit break if you are lucky.

ThroneofDravaris
09-11-2005, 04:08 PM

1.Curaga
3.Reflect
4.Double cut materia

...Wrong Ultima Weapon. This is the other, harder, better, sexier Ultima Weapon.

Butz
09-12-2005, 04:31 PM
I got lucky with him so there isn't a real technique I used

I casted meltdown on him, Aura on Squall and kept using Renzokuken and the other two all what they did is healling,

yet all my party was KO'd twice and was saved twice in the same battle by Phoenix.. I really got lucky with him..

nik0tine
09-12-2005, 11:15 PM

1.Curaga
3.Reflect
4.Double cut materia

Win.

Anyways, do you have the recover and revive abilities? Do you have the lionheart? If not, get them. They make the battle much easier. Also, junction 100 quakes to elm-defense. That way you will absorb his quake attack.

Ultima Shadow
09-14-2005, 03:09 PM
Do you have the lionheart? If not, get them.No! :(

Anyways... I'm glad that you had trouble beating him. :) Congratulations, dude! ;)

ThroneofDravaris
09-14-2005, 03:50 PM
And now the 'he's so much harder than Omega' posts start...

Ultima Shadow
09-14-2005, 07:12 PM
And now the 'he's so much harder than Omega' posts start...
xD! You know me too well. ;)

Saraphim
09-23-2005, 11:33 AM
I cast aura on squall and did renzoukon (lion Heart)

ultimate snake
09-23-2005, 01:42 PM
on all bosses cast meltdown then aura on squall and abuse his limet

ljkkjlcm9
09-23-2005, 03:37 PM
the first time I fought Ultimate Weapon, I cast meltdown, then Aura on Squall, and his first Renzokuken he used Lion Heart and killed him.... I had to get there and fight him all over again to get Eden... remember to draw Eden!!!!

THE JACKEL

crazybayman
09-23-2005, 04:54 PM
Dont' forget the save point that's at the bottom as well. Equip Move-Find at the very bottom, before you mess around with the controls. Save your game there, so if you forget to draw Eden (which I did too, my first time fighting it), or get killed you don't have to walk all the way to the bottom again.

theskiescollide
09-24-2005, 12:08 PM
I'm on disc three FF-8, all my characters are level 100 and I've lots of abilities blah blah...

But, I'm an idiot and didnt get siren when i was supposed to.

So, after defeating bahamut and fighting all my way down through the battle arenas I found myself at the machine that springs the Ultima Weapon Boss fight I CAN'T SAVE MY BLOODY GAME!

I know with Siren you get the Move-Find ability and can find the hidden save point but if you don't have Siren is there any other way?

I've only fought Ultima once and my timing was a bit crap so I got mullered (after quite a bit of time wasted fighting my way down). I can try again n I'll eventually beat it but i just needed to know if there was another way to save before the battle, thus i can relax and not worry about wasting ages getting there to die!

Any help would be great,
Thanks.

boys from the dwarf
09-24-2005, 12:17 PM
you can find secret saves without move find but its just harder. its right next to the controller that activates the machine that sends down ultimatr weapon. if sqall is on low health with his best weapon and if possible a hero hell be made invincible and be on low health.unless your a card collector id reccomend refining the bahamut card in 99 megalixirs to make things easier.

theskiescollide
09-24-2005, 12:26 PM
Thanks a million. Thats great news, Ill try that.

Levian
09-24-2005, 12:34 PM
Hmm, can you get out of Ultimecia's Castle after you've entered it? 'cus you can draw Siren from a boss called Tri-Point in there.

theskiescollide
09-24-2005, 02:44 PM
No i dont think you can get back out unfortunately. i dont wanna risk it.
boys from the dwarf i'm tryin to find that save point but im moving around and nothings happening???

Skyblade
09-24-2005, 04:36 PM
Yes, you can get back out once you are in the castle.

theskiescollide
09-24-2005, 04:43 PM
So on disc 4, I can get siren, come back out at some point and fight Ultima Weapon? That sounds good, I just got mullered again by it having fought my way down...dissapointing stuff!
Thanks for your help.

ezzarian
09-24-2005, 05:03 PM
I equipped 100 Ultimas to my Elemental Defence Junction(so that I can absorb all elemental attacks) and I finished him with 2 Renzokukens and 2 Duels! Don't use Revive! Use Phoenix so that you can get to the Limit Break stage faster! This may also make you luckier with your Limit Breaks like extra time in Duel and Lionheart expresses!

rubah
09-24-2005, 06:14 PM
You can't access save points without move-find.

However, you can get Siren from Ultimecia's castle and meander back down the Deep Sea Research Center. If you think you *have* to save before fighting Ultima weapon, that would be your best choice.

[edit- we really only need one Ultima Weapn thread. I'll go ahead and merge them.]

Resident0
09-29-2005, 07:41 PM
At the end of the game before you fight the last boss, can you still level up/remake weapons/get stuff you need to beat ultima or do you have to fight the final boss without being able to go back to the world map?

If so, when in the game is the final battle, so i know not to go there and get locked in a boss battle.

GunbladeMaster
09-29-2005, 07:50 PM
Get Lagunas Card and refine Heros, than change them into Holy Wars or refine Gilgameshs Card into 10 em of puppies. Cast Aura on squall and then holy war on all ur characters and ur practically invincible (literally)

rubah
09-29-2005, 11:19 PM
You can go back to the world map at any time up to the last save point in Ultimecia's Castle.

There is also no reason at all to waste invincibility items on ultima weapon.

darkmischief
09-30-2005, 05:38 AM
No i dont think you can get back out unfortunately. i dont wanna risk it.
boys from the dwarf i'm tryin to find that save point but im moving around and nothings happening???

OF COURSE YOU CAN EXIT, and you dont risk anything...you exit out of the portal closest to the castle, then navigate ure way through the great forests of granidi and find the chocobo holy area, next get a chocobo and run acrosss the water (only the shallow ones) towards the red dot on your map (you guessed it the red dot is the ragnorark!) and then just fly around and do crap...but you cant enter any cities, but u can enter centra ruins, deep sea research center, also if u beat the cc card group, they will return on the ragnorark and u can get two of every card (WTF?) yes you have to card-mod the rare cards and when u play the cc group, they will have another one ( this definitely works with the gilamesh, irvine, and zell card)...have fun...

nik0tine
09-30-2005, 08:29 AM
Be sure to draw eden, and also be sure to draw 100 ultimas with every character in your party. it's foolish not to.

ThroneofDravaris
09-30-2005, 02:16 PM
Why draw 100 Ultima? You can just draw it from The Island Closest to Hell...

Drawing during a rather difficult boss fight sucks...

Ultima Shadow
09-30-2005, 02:31 PM
Drawing during a rather difficult boss fight sucks...Nope, it only makes the battle last longer.

GunbladeMaster
09-30-2005, 04:05 PM
also to make things easier, dont have zell in ur party and replace him with quistis than u dont have to fight any monsters in the dungeon! ( u gotta put in the right RSP tho)