PDA

View Full Version : N00B questions..

syun_ukiya
09-11-2005, 03:44 PM
I just started ffx-2 and I have a few questions.

About dress spheres. YRP have the same stats, right? And depending on the dress spheres they wear made their stats different from each other, right? I just need to get this this straight. I'm still thinking that Yuna will still have the edge if she became a black/white mage because of her ffx reputation.

Also what will be the best dress sphere for the 3? Still can't decide what. I'm just starting and besides black mage DS i still think i'd keep their original DS.

In addition, do DS level up grant stat bonuses? For example if Yuna from a gunner changes to warrior, will her str increase permanently?

I think this is the only part that confuses me about DS. About Marriages and PR I found this walk-through detailing who to approach

-------------
Besaid Island
-------------
PR:
Lady outside 1st tent to the right - 2nd option
Guy inside 1st tent to the right - 1st option
Shopkeeper inside 1st tent to the left - 5th option
Lady walking her dog - 4th option
Guy inside 2nd tent to left - 1st option
Boy running outside the temple - 3rd option

Marriage:
Lady outside 1st tent to the right - 3rd option
Shopkeeper inside 1st tent to the left - 3rd option
Lady walking her dog - 4th option

-------------
Kilika Island
-------------
PR:
Guy standing next to boatsman - 5th option
Cross the bridge, talk to guy in blue - 4th option
Take the ferry ride to next area, go on right path via stairs.
Go south and talk to lady under the stairs of a bridge - 2nd option
Guy underneath bridge, wearing blue - 5th option
Walk over the bridge to the left path.
Talk to guy standing outside of a hut near Dona's hut - 5th option
Go all the way southwest and talk to guy in green - 4th option

Marriage:
Lady under the stairs of the bridge (take ferry across) - 3rd option

Its separated between chapters(you visit besaid in chap1 talk to a npc then visit him again in chap2). Does this mean I have to come back and talk to the same person again per chapter? The problem is I have already started my Chapter2..I think I still have a save file from chapter1 so I'm thinking of using that instead and do the PR and marriages for chapter1. Is it worth it? I just don't know if i'll be missing anything.

TheSpoonyBard
09-11-2005, 04:01 PM
Dressspheres determine the characters' stats; YRP do not have their own stats. For instance, if Yuna was a Gunner, then switched to Warrior, her HP and Strength would increase, but if she then switched from Warrior to Black Mage her HP and Strength would fall and her MP and Magic would increase.

If YRP were to all wear the Warrior DS their stats would be the same if they are all on the same level. Similarly they would have the same stats if they were to all wear Black Mage. The only DSs that have different stats are Trainer, Mascot and Special.

Regarding the PR/Marriage subquest you will need to talk to everyone once per chapter, so it does involves revisiting each place again when you change chapter.

SammieBabe
09-11-2005, 04:33 PM
Dressspheres determine the characters' stats; YRP do not have their own stats. For instance, if Yuna was a Gunner, then switched to Warrior, her HP and Strength would increase, but if she then switched from Warrior to Black Mage her HP and Strength would fall and her MP and Magic would increase.

If YRP were to all wear the Warrior DS their stats would be the same if they are all on the same level. Similarly they would have the same stats if they were to all wear Black Mage. The only DSs that have different stats are Trainer, Mascot and Special.

Regarding the PR/Marriage subquest you will need to talk to everyone once per chapter, so it does involves revisiting each place again when you change chapter.

What she said....

Other than the special DSs, its all about your tastes... Personally, I'm working on the girls mastering all of them... If you like one attacker, one black mage and one healer, great! You can also have 3 attackers if you want... its all up to you my friend...... :D

boys from the dwarf
09-11-2005, 08:05 PM
i start with the originals then in new game plus i change. white mages make the game completely easy because of their healing and black mages are completely destructive early on and later. and if you have a beserker or dark knight(dark knight reccomended.) you will have someone with high health to keep you in the game because BMs WMs have low health and black knight are very powerful.

rubah
09-12-2005, 12:02 AM
Apparently only Trainer and Mascot have different stats between girls.

Forget about WM for healing. Just use an alchemist. They have slightly high hp and can almost do adequate damage attacking.

syun_ukiya
09-12-2005, 03:17 AM

Thanks! So I guess I have no choice but to load the file before ending chapter1.. BTW is it possible if I'm already in chapter2 to just visit them again twice rather than repeating chap.1?

Hmm.. so regarding dress spehere seems like I don't need planning as what I did in FFX's sphere grid. If they all have the same stats then I just have to decide who I want to be a mage or attacker etc.

TheSpoonyBard
09-12-2005, 01:00 PM
No, you can only ask them once per chapter.

The special DS (Floral Fallal, Machina Maw and Full Throttle) also have different stats for each girl.

Light Mage
09-12-2005, 01:52 PM
I don't know how but Yuna has 1 point of Strength more than the other two, at the same level (about 40 ish I think) with the same dressphere.

Could that be a glitch in the game?

TheSpoonyBard
09-12-2005, 02:10 PM
Yes, that's a glitch unless its Trainer, Mascot or Special DS. Take off all accessories and make sure YRP are using the same GG as these can increase stats too.

Skyblade
09-12-2005, 02:22 PM
Actually, check a guide to see what the strength of that dress sphere is supposed to be at that level. If Yuna's is one higher than that, don't argue. :D

TheSpoonyBard
09-12-2005, 02:26 PM
All DS apart from Trainer, Mascot and Special will have the same stats if the girls are at the same level. The only thing that can make them different is accessories and Garment Grids.

Light Mage
09-12-2005, 07:39 PM
That's the thing, they *should* have all been identical.

My guess it was a mis-calculation when switching somehow, if the stat changes are based on percentages, maybe on one occasion strength got rounded up by a point instead of rounded down by a point...?

TheSpoonyBard
09-12-2005, 09:18 PM
Possibly. Now that you mention it I do recall a scenario in which I was experimenting with various transitions and the resulting stats were different. Guess you're just lucky, althought 1 point won't make too much difference.

syun_ukiya
09-13-2005, 07:08 AM
No, you can only ask them once per chapter.

The special DS (Floral Fallal, Machina Maw and Full Throttle) also have different stats for each girl.
So if I miss asking them in chap.1 I already screw the whole mini-game? Square is so harsh! xD

TheSpoonyBard
09-13-2005, 11:43 AM
It should be possible to amass enough points in chapters 2-5 if you ask every person each chapter, but failing that you can always do the sidequest on a New Game +. You will have to start from 0 points, but at least you'll be able to complete the Calm Lands episode.

Light Mage
09-13-2005, 12:45 PM
On New Game + does it matter if you don't complete an episode that you had completed in the first play?

Yliette
09-13-2005, 04:57 PM
Yep! It's all in your hands! You can make it even go this way: Yuna may have been a Gunner as a default job but you can make her ditch that Gunner dressphere from the beginning and have her master the Thief dressphere instead!

But as for my game, here's my progress so far:

Yuna mastered:
Gunner
Songstress
Dark Knight

Rikku mastered:
Thief
Black
Dark Knight

Paine mastered:
Warrior
White Mage
Gun Mage (w/o the Blue Bullet skills)

TheSpoonyBard
09-13-2005, 11:50 PM
On New Game + does it matter if you don't complete an episode that you had completed in the first play?
Once an episode has been completed the percentage points for that will carry over to a New Game+, so all you have to do in the New Game+ is complete the episodes you failed to do in the first game. Also, make sure that you give the sphere to the other group i.e. Youth League in game 1, New Yevon in New Game+.

The Filecreator
09-27-2005, 01:42 PM

talking about macot dressspheres, i played the game over and over.
but somehow i cant find it!
if annyone can fill me in about that, i`d appreciate it. :)

Light Mage
09-27-2005, 06:32 PM

talking about macot dressspheres, i played the game over and over.
but somehow i cant find it!
if annyone can fill me in about that, i`d appreciate it. :)
You only get it if you get "Episode Complete" on *EVERY* location in the game.

After you complete an episode, you'll be taken back to the Celsius each time *EXCEPT AFTER ZANARKAND* so make sure Zanarkand *ISN'T* the last episode complete, because it only happens after you're auto-returned to the airship, Brother will give you the Mascot dressphere.

I only have it because I cheated with a GameShark cheat CD... :blush: