PDA

View Full Version : Naruto

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
09-11-2005, 05:56 PM
Did anyone here see Naruto on Cartoon Network on Saturday? If so what did you think?I think it was great!What woul you rate it between 1 and 10? :hyper:

Sepho
09-11-2005, 06:00 PM
I thought it was terrible, but I never expected that I wouldn't.

Skarr
09-11-2005, 06:05 PM
it wasn't what i expected...but i still liked it...i give it a 7

Rengori
09-11-2005, 06:05 PM
Naruto's voice actor sucked ass. The manga just got 80 bonus points for this un-stellar premeir. And I didn't read anything past Volume one in the manga either. They overplayed Naruto's perverted side way too much.

On a scale from 1 to 10, 3.

Destai
09-11-2005, 06:10 PM
I bet its a dragonball z clone.

Shoeberto
09-11-2005, 06:18 PM
I watched it last night, mostly waiting for the kancho reference (don't ask), but was pleasantly surprised to find that I really enjoyed it.

Ryth
09-11-2005, 06:24 PM
I didn't watch it I knew they would ruin it making it all good for the kiddies and crap. They keep ruining them. Like one Piece i really like that manga yet the anime slowly kills me inside but yeah I didn't watch because I didn't want to find out how badly it sucked.

Madonna
09-11-2005, 06:29 PM
[My thoughts have already been given.] (http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61593) I have a strong distaste for the Stateside version of Naruto. It's better than it could have been, but that still isn't redeeming enough.

Shoeberto
09-11-2005, 06:30 PM
I didn't watch it I knew they would ruin it making it all good for the kiddies and crap.
I was actually very surprised how much they showed. I haven't seen the original, but I was surprised to see them talking about sexy-jitsu and turning into half-naked women, considering how it's supposed to be a kid's block of shows.

TurkSlayer
09-11-2005, 06:30 PM
It was okay. I expect it to be much better, but it wasn't that bad. My main problem was-

Naruto's voice actor sucked ass.

This. I HATED Naruto's voice.

Ryth
09-11-2005, 06:32 PM
I didn't watch it I knew they would ruin it making it all good for the kiddies and crap.
I was actually very surprised how much they showed. I haven't seen the original, but I was surprised to see them talking about sexy-jitsu and turning into half-naked women, considering how it's supposed to be a kid's block of shows.

Oh wow really? I didn't expect that but I didn't see it so I don't really have an opinion on this do I? :riiight:

Polnareff
I watched it last night, mostly waiting for the kancho reference (don't ask), but was pleasantly surprised to find that I really enjoyed it.

I don't think they show the Sennen Goroshi episode until the week after next week. Funny how he made fun of the whole kancho phenomenon with that attack...

I liked this dub a lot. I kinda thought it would be rated PG, and it was. They didn't cut out much expect for a whole bunch of blood, but Viz said they were gonna leave the blood in for scenes where it's needed.

For those complaining about Naruto's voice, you just have to get used to it. I know I didn't like his Japanese voice at first, but it eventually grew on me.

I like it a lot now, almost better than his JP counterpart. Iruka's pronunciations were the only annoying thing about this dub to me. Didn't care they edited the OP/ED themes either 'cause they were dumb anyway :P

I'd say this was about an 8/10, especially for Naruto's voice actress. This is her first anime role, I think (*insert some nonsensical naysayer quote like "Yeah, it's obvious, too" here* :P)

Rengori
jitsu
You of all people should know it's spelled Jutsu.

Shoeberto
09-11-2005, 06:43 PM
jitsu
You of all people should know it's spelled Jutsu.
You might be surprised at how little I know about all that stuff. In retrospect, though, jutsu does sound closer to what they were saying.

crashNUMBERS
09-11-2005, 06:50 PM
Manga is alway's better...

Rikku*
09-11-2005, 08:20 PM
I liked it alot!!! lets see from a scale of 1-10 I give it a 8

Shoden
09-11-2005, 08:27 PM
I aint even heard of this show all I know is it's name and seen a picture or 2.

DMKA
09-11-2005, 09:04 PM
Fail.

Haven't seen it...million episode anime don't particularly interest me.

crashNUMBERS
09-11-2005, 10:29 PM
Fail.

Haven't seen it...million episode anime don't particularly interest me.
Fail at what??

lordblazer
09-11-2005, 10:37 PM
I bet its a dragonball z clone.
yeah I hate what they're doing witht he english version of naruto.

I loved the japaneese version of naruto better. Since you know its on episode 150.I'm not gonna watch episodes I've already seen anyway.

Fuzakeru
09-12-2005, 12:45 AM
Naruto, Full Metal Alchemist, and Bleach are very talked about but I've been extremely wary of all of these animes.

If I do watch Naruto it will be sub'd'd cause I personally prefer watching anime in Japanese but I'm not sure if I'll try. Perhaps you can convince me . . . so what's the deal? What's this show about and is it worth all the hype? ^_^ Much thanks in advance!

Rengori
09-12-2005, 01:00 AM
The Manga is worth the hype. The anime isn't.

Rye
09-12-2005, 01:01 AM
Looks nice to me. I'm not a huge anime fan, so if it's not in Japanese, I like it more. I don't understand Japanese. I could understand why people would get mad though, if they're hardcore anime fans.

Nephiliam
09-12-2005, 04:05 PM
I've seen almost 100 episodes of Naruto, the fansubbed versions. They were so much better than what they showed on Toonami. His voice did suck, as well as Sakura's. Konohamaru sounded okay. And no blood?! How the hell can you do a ninja anime series without blood? The original has blood at least.

I give it a 3. I just like the original.

Rengori
09-12-2005, 06:14 PM
I've seen almost 100 episodes of Naruto, the fansubbed versions. They were so much better than what they showed on Toonami. His voice did suck, as well as Sakura's. Konohamaru sounded okay. And no blood?! How the hell can you do a ninja anime series without blood? The original has blood at least.
It did have blood, but you're right, when you have a giant shuriken in your back, there's going to be more blood than they showed.

Rinoa_Heartillly
09-14-2005, 08:39 AM
Why OH WHY!?!!?!! I hate it when they english dubbed and edit it for children
Now I bet you all the little kiddies will be like, " I love Anime! I watch Inuyasha, and Naruto! It comes out on tv all the time!" Grrr. If you really like "anime" then watch the ones that don't come out on tv!!! ....sorry I just have a anger problem on some people....
I knew about Naruto since 2 or 3 yrs ago. My friend introduced me to it along with some other ones. I only like the series and manga for the reason of Sasuke and another cute dude.
I saw it on tv, and I freaked that the voices suck!!! They always make it soooo corny in English, I hate it! *mumbles off*.....

Madonna
09-14-2005, 08:45 AM
It did have blood, but you're right, when you have a giant shuriken in your back, there's going to be more blood than they showed.It's been stated that there will be blood when it's necessary for the story. A giant shuriken in your back does constitute as that. Expect blood when a hole appears in someone's head, hand, or arm.

Excelsior
09-15-2005, 04:02 AM
Naruto sucks gigantic donkey balls anyway. I hardly see how adding a crappy english dub could make it any worse.

Momiji
09-16-2005, 03:47 PM

On the contrary. I disliked the FLCL manga but loved the show.

But to stay on subject, I have heard of Naruto, but thought it looked boring, so I never watched it.

Spammerman
09-19-2005, 03:13 AM
Naruto was ok. ill give it a 7. Manga was better. I hate the way they save his name. SHADOW CLONE JUSTU. TRANSFORM.*makes his shadow clones do his onw jutsu they sexy jutsu.I though thtis combo was extremely funny.

SomethingBig
09-19-2005, 03:25 AM
I loved the japaneese version of naruto better.
I've read the first volume of Naruto, which has the first three episodes. So far, not a thing has been changed, save for the lack of blood. Not even the sexy-jutsu or the harem-jutsu were editted in any way.

Rye
09-19-2005, 11:29 AM
I watched it on Saturday night, and I personally thought it was awesome. I never saw the Japanese version, nor am I a huge anime fan, so I thought the voice acting was pretty nice. Out of 10, I'd give it an 8.5. :)

Seto Fett
09-19-2005, 10:04 PM
Yeah, I'd dl the Japanese episodes but there's no DSL or cable service here, so I'm forced with crappy dialup. Ah well, that's just a job my friends will have to do for me heh. I think Naruto is the best in all honestly, as I've never read such a great story besides Harry Potter and Star Wars. So, what was everyone thoughts on the latest chapter? Anyone hate/like Kakashi's new Sharingan Eye, as he's developed the Mangekyou Eye now. Then there's Sasori's defeat, which some say took too long to finish...

Salmon King
09-20-2005, 12:30 AM
I saw Naruto the first day it came on Cartoon Network. I had to, it was about ninjas. I am partly disappointed in it, but then again I haven't seen the whole thing, and only seen the first 2 episodes. I don't know how gimp it is compared to the original version either, and I know there had to have been some changes.

Cartoon Network is over-hyping this anime in my opinion. They ran the first 2 episodes twice on the same day, and I keep seeing these very annoying Naruto ads on Gamefaqs.com.

Madonna
09-20-2005, 12:37 AM
Anyone hate/like Kakashi's new Sharingan Eye, as he's developed the Mangekyou Eye now. Then there's Sasori's defeat, which some say took too long to finish...Spoiler tags, kid. [*spoiler]insert spoilery info here[*/spoiler], without the *'s. Try not to ruin things for people watching the English dub.

Also, it is not Mangekyou Sharingan; that is an innate trait of the Uchiha's, much like the normal Sharingan itself. Because Kakashi is not an Uchiha or carries their blood, he isn't able to use it as they do. Plus, he uses handseals to unlock it. To see what it is exactly, we'll have to wait for an explanation in the manga. And yeah, Sasori's fight too forever.

Yuna Braska 19
09-20-2005, 02:29 AM
I only have the japanese verson, but the American one was o.k...
>.<

Seto Fett
09-22-2005, 01:44 AM
Well, I read the translated chapter "A New Sharingan" and it stated it was a Mangekyou. It simply could be a variant of it, not Itachi's kind, but Kakashi's version.

Mo-Nercy
09-22-2005, 02:02 AM
Another one of those few animes where the manga is infi times better (think Rurouni Kenshin). Even so, I don't like it that much, but I can see what the hypes about from the few episodes I've watched, I guess it's just not my style.

Madonna
09-22-2005, 02:21 AM
Well, I read the translated chapter "A New Sharingan" and it stated it was a Mangekyou. It simply could be a variant of it, not Itachi's kind, but Kakashi's version.Yeah, apparently it is, by several translations, and I won't aruge; my bad. And yeah, it's probably a variant, 'cause I don't think they look the same at all.

The anime gets better when you skip every other episode. :|

sphinxgaara
09-24-2005, 03:23 PM
If no one likes the english dub naruto why don't you watch the jap version it's 100 time better but the english version is alrite its not what i expected but it's good

Ryth
09-25-2005, 10:39 PM
Well I watched it. I had nothing better to do and sat down and watched it with my little brother. It was actually decent and they did have Kancho in it! :eek: :eek: I still perfer the manga but this isn't bad. Ignoring Naruto's horrible horrible voice was easier than expected though.