PDA

View Full Version : The Simpsons Vs. Family Guy vs. Futurama

Nick Schovitz
09-11-2005, 08:34 PM
Which one of these is the best to you? With me it's The Simpsons, I favor old stuff, I don't really ever watch the new ones, they dissapoint me. Family guy is funny too, but it's new and Futurama's funny but it's not as old as The simpsons and that is the order I put them in.

Momiji
09-11-2005, 08:35 PM
Family Guy, hands down. Stewie makes it worth watching. If he were taken out, I wouldn't watch it.

Destai
09-11-2005, 08:35 PM
The new simpsons episodes are terrible. Futuramas good. Family guys better.

radyk05
09-11-2005, 08:41 PM
DON'T MAKE ME CHOOSE!!!

Craig
09-11-2005, 08:42 PM
I never liked Family Guy. So, I'll go with Simpsons with Futurama second.

Shoeberto
09-11-2005, 08:44 PM
If this were a while ago, I'd have said Family Guy, but Futurama's been my favorite as of late.

Nick Schovitz
09-11-2005, 08:45 PM
The new simpsons episodes are terrible. Futuramas good. Family guys better.
We think exactly the same woo! you know you're my friend, there's a lot of shows that get bad when they started updating it and make it new.

Skarr
09-11-2005, 08:49 PM
family guy is a funny damn show...stewie is my draw to it...i like the simpsons and futurama as well but family guy beats em both

raskerino
09-11-2005, 08:52 PM
I love the simpsons (older ones are much better), I really like family guy and futurama is ok but not near as funny imo.

DMKA
09-11-2005, 08:54 PM
Family Guy = best show on television.

However, The Simpsons will always have something for me that Family Guy never will, and I doubt Family Guy will ever gain the fanbase or cultural impact that The Simpsons did. I mean The Simpsons are a freaking American icon throughout the world...I just don't see Family Guy ever going that far.

Shoden
09-11-2005, 09:01 PM
Futurama all the way, keeps making me ROFL all the time.

Destai
09-11-2005, 09:02 PM

However, The Simpsons will always have something for me that Family Guy never will, and I doubt Family Guy will ever gain the fanbase or cultural impact that The Simpsons did. I mean The Simpsons are a freaking American icon throughout the world...I just don't see Family Guy ever going that far.
I think south parks better.

Dr.K
09-11-2005, 09:13 PM

However, The Simpsons will always have something for me that Family Guy never will, and I doubt Family Guy will ever gain the fanbase or cultural impact that The Simpsons did.

Black Mage FF1
09-11-2005, 09:19 PM
ClassicSimpsons>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Family Guy>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Newer Simpsons>Futurama

Futurama isnt a bad show or anything. Its just doesnt compare to FG and Simpsons.

Rengori
09-11-2005, 09:22 PM
Futurama, because I love Sci Fi, which Futurama has. It also has a hell of a lot of nerdy jokes.The Simpsons is also good, coming in close. Then there's Family Guy, which finally came back. :D I hope they make new Futuramas, but I doubt it.

Dreddz
09-11-2005, 09:30 PM
Simpsons, Family Guy dosent show on Uk tele........

Skarr
09-11-2005, 09:43 PM
dude that sucks for u

GooeyToast
09-11-2005, 09:44 PM
Family Guy is more random, which I like, but Simpsons just has that...thing and all the different diverse characters that Family Guy lacks.

So I say it's a tie between them. But Family Guy is funnier. :)

Lionx
09-11-2005, 11:05 PM
Family Guy, it really has that WTF feel xD

bipper
09-11-2005, 11:15 PM
Family Guy, it really has that WTF feel xD

Very true, the sheer randomness is what gets me. Futurama is close, and I can't even force myself to watch the comercialized "bad boy" animated bowel movement known world round as the "Simpsons"... BOO! It gets thrown in the same pile as Garfield now.

What the Duece > Eat my shorts.

I think it would make a great Marvel vs Capcom style fighting game though. Stuie vs Maggie, Louis vs Marge, Homer vs Peter :) yeah, that is about the only thing I would want to see the simpsons in now.

Bipper

Daryl
09-11-2005, 11:42 PM
Family Guy, hands down. Stewie makes it worth watching. If he were taken out, I wouldn't watch it.

That sums it up really well for me, too.

kikimm
09-11-2005, 11:48 PM
Futurama doesn't even belong there. It doesn't compare to The Simpsons or Family Guy. Pales in comparison! Okay.

I think I'll say Family Guy, also for Stewie. :cool:

Captain Maxx Power
09-11-2005, 11:58 PM
We can't choose all three? Man, what a gyp.

GooeyToast
09-12-2005, 12:30 AM
Futurama doesn't even belong there. It doesn't compare to The Simpsons or Family Guy. Pales in comparison!

Futurama is for a different audience than those two. Hence why I can appreciate it for what it is.

It has the best animation of the 3, some of the most clever jokes, and it ventured into a whole new territory from the Simpsons.

For that, Matt Groening deserves a round of applause.

Fuzakeru
09-12-2005, 12:47 AM
Family Guy, hands down. Stewie makes it worth watching.

Giga Guess
09-12-2005, 12:54 AM
Futurama is good, Simpsons are brilliant, but Family Guy just doesn't back down. Personal fave.

Channing
09-12-2005, 02:47 AM
I like The Simpsons more than the others. Especially Ralph Wiggum. The officer's son cracks me up. :p

XxSephirothxX
09-12-2005, 02:52 AM
I haven't seen enough episodes of Family Guy to pick it over the others, but a few of the ones I have seen were right up my alley. I have to go with the Simpsons just because I watched it for years, and it was consistently sharp and funny.

Del Murder
09-12-2005, 04:33 AM
Simpsons is the best show ever. These days it isn't so good, but that doesn't tarnish its legacy.

Rusty
09-12-2005, 05:17 AM
I hate all of them - but I've never seen 'Family Guy', but if it's anything like The Simpsons or Futurama then I hate it.

Rengori
09-12-2005, 05:32 AM
I hate all of them - but I've never seen 'Family Guy', but if it's anything like The Simpsons or Futurama then I hate it.
May I ask why you hate them?

MoonsEcho
09-12-2005, 06:45 AM
I actually like Family Guy and Futurama about the same, it varies from episode to episode I guess. *shrugs* They're both quite funny, though.

I don't really like the Simpsons all that much, never have.

Actually, I'd pick King of the Hill over all three of these xP

nik0tine
09-12-2005, 06:54 AM
Family guy is hilarious and I love it, but it just cannot compete with the Simpsons. The Simpsons has been around for ages. Until Family Guy has been on T.V. for a good ten years it can't beat out the Simpsons.

ThroneofDravaris
09-12-2005, 07:57 AM
Family Guy, even though they've been focussing way too much on Stewie lately. Seriously; he's an evil, sexually ambiguous child, WE GET IT!

This show has flash back sequences down to a fine art.

Rusty
09-12-2005, 10:11 AM
May I ask why you hate them?

I've never been able to stand The Simpsons - it is not funny and boring. I'm not sure, but I think it has something to do with the American and Australian humour clashing. Plus it has got to be the worst show you could let a child watch.

Futurama - it stopped a few years ago here in Australia. But that was one of the rudest cartoonish shows I ever saw. It was disgusting.

In my own opinion.

ThroneofDravaris
09-12-2005, 03:04 PM
I have to say, Futurama is DEFINATELY not as rude as South Park, and that has been playing in Oz for a long time.

I mean the last episode I saw showed a whole lot of men having sex in a pile!

Futurama is pretty tame in the grand scheme of things...

MoonsEcho
09-12-2005, 06:07 PM
Plus, they aren't designed for children, anyway.

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
09-12-2005, 08:59 PM
The simpsons are great but not nearly as funny as Family Guy.So my vot goes to Family Guy :hyper:

Giga Guess
09-12-2005, 09:41 PM
Ugh....saw the season premier of The Simpsons last night....it just reaffirmed my Family Guy vote.

Max
09-12-2005, 10:34 PM
Family guy is the best, Futurama is great, Simpsons are predictable and old. Old simpsons are best.

Skarr
09-12-2005, 11:55 PM
c'mon u guys...family guy was obviously gonna win this poll

Faris
09-13-2005, 12:16 AM
Family guy, Futurama, The Simpsons. In that order :)
Those are the only shows I watch too. :D

Slothy
09-13-2005, 01:38 AM
Family Guy, Futurama and old Simpsons are all tied for me. Each is too different for me to pick one over another. And not to beat a dead horse here, but new Simpsons really is the worst thing I've ever seen. Ironically what I believe is a newer Homer quote pretty much sums up newer Simpsons episodes for me: "I've seen plays that were better than this. Honest to god, plays!"

Rengori
09-13-2005, 01:43 AM
I think you guys are being way too harsh on the newer Simpsons.

EDIT: And besides, none of the Simpsons, Family Guy, or Futurama episodes top the performance of Grease in Denver.

The Shoeless Hobo
09-13-2005, 11:56 AM
Even since I saw the Family Guy movie, I've never enjoyed it the same. Futurama gets my vote. :p

Venom
09-13-2005, 11:57 AM
Family guy.........its that important.....did you guys see thyat new show american dad....it really sucks.....

Rengori
09-13-2005, 04:53 PM
No making fun of American Dad.

jrgen
09-13-2005, 05:02 PM
I like Futurama that most. The Simpsons has lost its awesomeness a long time ago.

Slothy
09-13-2005, 07:55 PM

It's all personal preference. If anything, I toned down my disgust with newer Simpsons episodes in my last post. How can one not be harsh towards a show that isn't funny, is poorly written, and makes me wish I could get back the time wasted watching it, especially when said show used to be one of the funniest, and most intelligent satires on TV? All of that is my opinion, and if that's exactly how I feel about it, then I'm not really being too harsh. I'm just saying exactly how I view the show in it's current state.

Nod
09-13-2005, 08:04 PM
Family guy and Futurama, I can't decide between them. But they kick the Simpsons ass. No question.

Venom
09-13-2005, 11:32 PM

i uhh was making fun of it.........because it sint fun :)

Rengori
09-13-2005, 11:38 PM

You don't have a sense of humor do you?

Giga Guess
09-14-2005, 03:07 AM

EDIT: And besides, none of the Simpsons, Family Guy, or Futurama episodes top the performance of Grease in Denver.

I'm just saying the rest of the season had better pick it up, cuz the first episode was pretty bad...

eestlinc
09-14-2005, 03:22 AM
The Simpsons* is so much funnier than Family Guy that it upsets me to see them in the same poll. Futurama is pretty cool, but it's not quite a good as the Simpsons.

*at least the best seasons of the Simpsons are.

Raistlin
09-14-2005, 03:30 AM
Simpsons is the best show ever. These days it isn't so good, but that doesn't tarnish its legacy.

eestlinc
09-14-2005, 04:01 AM

Yamaneko
09-14-2005, 04:27 AM
Pretend I quoted them here.

Family Guy tries too hard. Simpsons currently and has for the last six years, sucked.

Jess
09-14-2005, 04:48 PM
DON'T MAKE ME CHOOSE!!!

Its a hard choice. I'll say The simpsons, just because they've been around longer. Futurama comes second, and then Family guy.

Venom
09-14-2005, 08:01 PM

You don't have a sense of humor do you?

Well i dont get how the CIA hired a complete moron........and besides peter griffin is funny cause hes fat.....american dad dude aint funny cause hes a big guy.....

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-14-2005, 08:26 PM
Like prettymuch all romantic comedies, Futurama wastes time taking itself seriously and trying to make its character sympathetic and only afterwards fills in the cracks with a joke or two. Meanwhile, Family Guy is one hundred percent pure comedy, and the style in which most of the jokes are presented (character makes a reference, immediate cut to the object of reference, comedy, immediate cut back to the setting at hand) is incredibly effective.

I won't bother with The Simpsons since it's been irrelevant for years.

Raistlin
09-14-2005, 08:35 PM
I do have to say that recently, Family Guy is definitely my favorite to watch.

But all time, The Simpsons still win.

Strider
09-14-2005, 08:43 PM
Taken as a whole, there's no question that The Simpsons is the best. The newer episodes may leave something to be desired, but they still had five or six fantastic seasons.

SilverWind
09-20-2005, 10:27 PM
Family Guy, hands down, every time. The most recent episode was the Funniest Family I had ever seen. It was the hardest I'd ever laughed at a TV show! xD

GooeyToast
09-20-2005, 10:29 PM
Family Guy, hands down, every time. The most recent episode was the Funniest Family I had ever seen. It was the hardest I'd ever laughed at a TV show! xD

They're trying extra hard not to screw their second chance up.

ScottNUMBERS
09-20-2005, 11:09 PM

Venom
09-20-2005, 11:33 PM
The simpsons is like the biggest influence on animated comedy EVER

Traitorfish
09-21-2005, 10:12 PM
Family Guy. A very close run thing between Family Guy and Futurama, but I think FG was just that tiny bit better.
The Simpsons is weird. The original ones weren't great- too childish. Then it got better and better, then suddenly, started getting worse. DOn't get me wrong, it's still very good. But most of the newer episodes are just a bit duller, the jokes are less original, and all the celebrites... I don't mind guest stars when they actually add something to the episode, but now they just come in for a couple of lines. Even Michael Moore, beloved King-Commie, did one of these stupid things. And it wasn't even very funny... -sob- :cry:

Nick Schovitz
09-22-2005, 01:20 AM
ZCome on! Don't you see the ethics that the Simpsons have? Family Guy will never have those cultural disputes and such and I most definetly think that Family Guy's more childish with that Stewie, he's gay anyway. The Simpsons have lost their touch after the new ones and the Family guy's a rip off see new mad magazine issue.

Traitorfish
09-22-2005, 08:11 PM
The simpsons is like the biggest influence on animated comedy EVER

Not actually true, is it? No. The Simpsons is basically just a sitcom in animation form. It hasn't particularly influenced anything.
Family Guy, like the Simpsons, takes it's lead from existing sitcoms (not to say that the Simpsons didn't influence to some extent).
Futurama really takes more from something like Red Dwarf.
South Park is... just weird...
And that's all I can think of.

Giga Guess
09-23-2005, 04:40 AM
However, before the Simpsons, in the American culture, animated shows were percieved as for kids, hence the ruckus when it came out, it was assumed because it was animated, it was suitable for children. In that sense, it was a trend setter of sorts.