PDA

View Full Version : Golden Sun

Terran
09-11-2005, 09:42 PM
I was just typing something pertaining to Golden Sun and I was wondering: When is the next one coming out? I can't find anything about it and want to know if its gonna be on the revolution or gameboy or whatever because i need to know what I need to get!! Thanks people!

Craig
09-11-2005, 10:04 PM
There's a next one?

Vyk
09-11-2005, 11:59 PM
They haven't released anything official that I'm aware off. The rumor was however Camelot was bringing it to 3D on the GameCube. But you know how rumors are.

Skyblade
09-12-2005, 01:27 AM
I'm not sure when the next one is coming out, but given the ending of TLA, I'm fairly sure that there will be another one. You don't end a series with that kind of thing.

XxSephirothxX
09-12-2005, 01:30 AM
I loved the first two Golden Sun games, and I really hope they release another one. There was a rumor that Camelot was working on an RPG with an undisclosed identify. I really hope it's a GameCube or DS game. Whatever it is, as long as you can transfer your stats from TLA, it'll rock; I had every single Djinn.

Deaths_Hand
09-12-2005, 02:58 AM
the first two were some of the few games i liked on the GBA, i sold mine so if they make another hopefully it will be for a console

Vermachtnis
09-12-2005, 03:47 AM
I bet if they do make a new one it'd be on the DS, that way you could put The Lost Age in the Advance slot and transfer that way. I hope they do have a new game. I wanna know what happened with Alex and then kill him...if he's still alive that is.

ljkkjlcm9
09-12-2005, 04:01 AM
I'm not too sure if I'd really like the whole transfer thing, unless once again they were characters that you didn't get until later in the game, because my characters seriously kick butt right now, at such high levels and with the best equipment, I mean I have 4 excaliburs just for the fun of it, 2 i never use.

Golden sun was definitely the best RPG for the GBA, and I'd love to have a new one, and I'm sure Camelot knows this as well, that they have a huge fan base for it. However, I'm not too sure if they'll go with the transfer or not, because then people who didn't have the first, or second, might not be swayed to get the game, because they wouldn't be able to get a lot of the things. Yeah, i'm sure they wouldn't make it necessary to have the old games to get the important things, but like in The Lost Age, you miss out on a lot of good stuff, including the best summon, if you didn't have the original... also some great items, namely the cleric's ring.

Either way, we'll just have to wait and see what happens....

THE JACKEL

Zante
09-13-2005, 06:03 PM
However, I'm not too sure if they'll go with the transfer or not, because then people who didn't have the first, or second, might not be swayed to get the game, because they wouldn't be able to get a lot of the things. Yeah, i'm sure they wouldn't make it necessary to have the old games to get the important things, but like in The Lost Age, you miss out on a lot of good stuff, including the best summon, if you didn't have the original... also some great items, namely the cleric's ring.

On the contrary, that would make people who wan't to get everithing get the first ones too, which would mean more money for the company. Its already obvious they don't mind ripping people off.

A sequel would be cool, though, its one of the best games for GBA i have played.

ljkkjlcm9
09-13-2005, 06:15 PM
However, I'm not too sure if they'll go with the transfer or not, because then people who didn't have the first, or second, might not be swayed to get the game, because they wouldn't be able to get a lot of the things. Yeah, i'm sure they wouldn't make it necessary to have the old games to get the important things, but like in The Lost Age, you miss out on a lot of good stuff, including the best summon, if you didn't have the original... also some great items, namely the cleric's ring.

On the contrary, that would make people who wan't to get everithing get the first ones too, which would mean more money for the company. Its already obvious they don't mind ripping people off.

A sequel would be cool, though, its one of the best games for GBA i have played.

yes but, how many stores can you find the first Golden Sun in, I can barely find the Lost Age in stores anymore....

THE JACKEL

Skyblade
09-13-2005, 09:42 PM

yes but, how many stores can you find the first Golden Sun in, I can barely find the Lost Age in stores anymore....

THE JACKAL

I still see both games in all three of the stores I go to to get games: Gamestop, Best Buy, and Fries Electronics.

Ultima Shadow
09-14-2005, 03:36 PM
Whatever it is, as long as you can transfer your stats from TLA, it'll rock; I had every single Djinn.
I'm actually not sure if I want it to be possible to transfere the save stats. With my level 75 party with all the best possible equipment in the game, all djinns and all summons, it would probably be too easy... as long as not random encounters are like Star Magican and Dullahan and all the bosses are like 5 Dullahans or worse. :greenie:

Skyblade
09-14-2005, 04:31 PM
Whatever it is, as long as you can transfer your stats from TLA, it'll rock; I had every single Djinn.
I'm actually not sure if I want it to be possible to transfere the save stats. With my level 75 party with all the best possible equipment in the game, all djinns and all summons, it would probably be too easy... as long as not random encounters are like Star Magican and Dullahan and all the bosses are like 5 Dullahans or worse. :greenie:

They could set it up the same way they did in TLA, where you don't get the old stuff until late enough in the game that it doesn't matter. The only problem I have with this idea is that I want the sequel to primarily be about Isaac and Alex.

Aphelion
09-14-2005, 06:07 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Camelot tried to release a third Golden Sun game, but I'm not sure if I'd like to see it or not. In my opinion, Golden Sun: The Lost Age was way worse than its prequel and I wouldn't like to see the series in a (how should I put it?) "bad moment" (like the Suikoden series, but looks like they're back on track, so let's leave it that way). If they want to make a sequel, fine by me (I'm a GS fan, so I'll probably buy it anyway), but I just hope they won't try to transform a short story into something repetitive and overused.

Skyblade
09-14-2005, 06:47 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Camelot tried to release a third Golden Sun game, but I'm not sure if I'd like to see it or not. In my opinion, Golden Sun: The Lost Age was way worse than its prequel and I wouldn't like to see the series in a (how should I put it?) "bad moment" (like the Suikoden series, but looks like they're back on track, so let's leave it that way). If they want to make a sequel, fine by me (I'm a GS fan, so I'll probably buy it anyway), but I just hope they won't try to transform a short story into something repetitive and overused.

Ok, for one thing, The Lost Age isn't a transformation of a short story into something long and overused, it's a direct continuation of a plot that is only half completed. Also, since there are plot elements left unexplored after the end of The Lost Age, a sequel wouldn't exactly be a game ruining point, but merely a continuation of the original storyline (and I definitely want to see some of that stuff wrapped up). While your point had some validity, given how well the series has gone thus far, I'm willing to give Camelot the benefit of the doubt until I have some evidence that they've screwed the game into the ground.

As to GS versus TLA, I agree with you that TLA isn't as good, but that's mostly because I don't really like Felix. Isaac was a much better hero.

Aphelion
09-14-2005, 07:08 PM

Ok, for one thing, The Lost Age isn't a transformation of a short story into something long and overused, it's a direct continuation of a plot that is only half completed. Also, since there are plot elements left unexplored after the end of The Lost Age, a sequel wouldn't exactly be a game ruining point, but merely a continuation of the original storyline (and I definitely want to see some of that stuff wrapped up). While your point had some validity, given how well the series has gone thus far, I'm willing to give Camelot the benefit of the doubt until I have some evidence that they've screwed the game into the ground.

As to GS versus TLA, I agree with you that TLA isn't as good, but that's mostly because I don't really like Felix. Isaac was a much better hero.

When I was talking about the plot in the GS series, I had in mind that GS and GS:TLA could stand as an epic story by themselves, and if it was to continue, maybe then it could become a "long and overused plot". Sorry if I didn't make my point clear enough.

Let's not spoil the plot here, but I respectfully disagree with your point when you say there's much story to be unveiled yet. Of course, there're some things unexplained so far, but many games, even though they were released 5, 10 years ago, have also let their fans down (or not) by leaving these "holes" alone without a reasonable explanation, and even though the companies responsible for these games are aware of these "unintentional flaws" (or intentional, as there is just no way to find out if the game producers realized their story elaboration mistakes or not), they haven't released a sequel to make up for it.

XxSephirothxX
09-15-2005, 01:29 AM

If you compare Golden Sun to many RPGs, your health levels are fairly low--maybe the hundreds or low thousands? I don't really remember. But if they made a sequel, they could really expand upon that, letting you create some super-high powered characters. I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to create two separate modes--one in which your characters start at level one, and the other for transfer players. The Djinn, though, may make it too easy--they might have to go. I'd still like to transfer stuff, though.

And Isaac should definitely be the protagonist. I loved his character.

Cruise Control
09-15-2005, 01:35 AM
Damn you blue wizard guy with glowy orbs (I think it's Sapphire Magician)

Vermachtnis
09-15-2005, 03:24 AM
They could always up the max level to 255. Then that measly Lv. 75 party of yours (BTW How did you get it that high? I'm Lv. 54 and can barely level). If there is transfew it could always wait til post game to get your characters and stuff.

ljkkjlcm9
09-15-2005, 03:39 AM
Let's see
Felix is level 77
Isaac is 78
Garet 75
Piers 70
Jenna 61
Mia 61
Ivan 63
Sheba 62

obviously you can see who I use more, I'm more a brute strength type of guy hence those characters are higher levels.

THE JACKEL

Ultima Shadow
09-17-2005, 09:02 PM
If you compare Golden Sun to many RPGs, your health levels are fairly low--maybe the hundreds or low thousands? I don't really remember. But if they made a sequel, they could really expand upon that, letting you create some super-high powered characters. I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to create two separate modes--one in which your characters start at level one, and the other for transfer players. The Djinn, though, may make it too easy--they might have to go. I'd still like to transfer stuff, though.

And Isaac should definitely be the protagonist. I loved his character.Yeah, that's a nice idea. :cool:

Yeah, Isaac is so much better than Felix! :cool:

Damn you blue wizard guy with glowy orbs (I think it's Sapphire Magician)I think you mean "Star Magican". And yes, he's the second hardest boss in the game. He's still a wimp compared to Dullahan, though. :cool:
(BTW How did you get it that high? I'm Lv. 54 and can barely level).Encounter 2 Wonderbirds and either kill both with water djinns, or kill 1 of them and pray that the other one will revive the first one, and then kill 1 of them again, and repeat until 1 of them escapes. I got more than 100,000EXP from 1 singel battle once, thanks to this method. It's all about luck, though. If the one that you don't kill runs and doesn't revive the first one, then you've wasted some precious EXP instead.
Let's see
Felix is level 77
Isaac is 78
Garet 75
Piers 70
Jenna 61
Mia 61
Ivan 63
Sheba 62

obviously you can see who I use more, I'm more a brute strength type of guy hence those characters are higher levels.

THE JACKALI only use the characters I like the most... which means I use my Golden Sun 1 party... except that I sometimes use Piers or Jenna instead of Ivan. Mia is an awesome support character when equipped with a lots of Water Djinns. If you've got the right equippment, she'll never run out of PP and you'll be able to cast Pure Wish every singel round= Almost invincible party. :cool:

Also... as for Golden Sun 3, I think it would be awesome if you found out that Saturos and Menardi actually survived and that you start out playing as them. Seriously... that would be awesome! :cool:

ps: I also want to see Saturos as a character in Super Smash 3! :hyper:

Cruise Control
09-17-2005, 09:22 PM
I think you mean "Star Magican". And yes, he's the second hardest boss in the game. He's still a wimp compared to Dullahan, though.Dullahan was uber easy, so was the Star magician. I just don't have the patience for fighting the Star Magician the regular way, I thought the Red dude (red secret boss that could use YOUR djin) was the hardest. What I wound up doing was ALL my djin on standby, and if the guard ball used guard in the first two turns I reset. Eventually it didn't and I pulled Charon (maybe it was judgement).

Skyblade
09-17-2005, 10:35 PM
You got Charon before fighting the Star Magician? Since you have to get all the Djinn to get Charon, I usually clear the dungeons when I pick up the Djinn.

My party is well rounded. One Adept of each type. Mia is better than Piers, IMHO, because she learns Wish, Wish Well, and Pure Wish with Water Djinn, while Piers has to mix and match to get those. I prefer sticking each Adept with their main Djinn types.

Isaac (awesome character, and a better guy than Felix, IMHO)
Jenna (another awesome character, I support the Jenna/Isaac pairing, and bad@$$ Psynergy. Cool Aura, Dragon Fume, Searing Beam)
Sheba (I just prefer Sheba to Ivan. Not much difference between the two)
Mia (best support character in the game, with decent attack Psynergy)

Ultima Shadow
09-17-2005, 11:19 PM
Dullahan was uber easy, so was the Star magician.If you use Charon or other hyper powerfull summons, then yes they are patetic. It's like fighting Penance with the Auto-potion with Trio of 9999 trick. Or you could just use the super Cheap Zanmato. The easy (and boring way) to beat Dullahan is to have just about all Djinns on standby and then summon Charon and Judgement and all that overpowered stuff until Dullahan dies. Unfortunately this even seems to be the most common way to beat him. What a waste of challange. To fight without using summons at all is the way I prefere to fight both Dullahan and Star Magican. :cool:

ljkkjlcm9
09-18-2005, 12:00 AM
it actually turns out with my party they're all great physical fighters, and I prefer mixing and matching djinn, cause you get awesome classes, like Felix is a Ronin, great ATK boost, and Isaac is a Samurai I believe, also great ATK and HP boost. And with the mixing and matching Garet and Piers both have strong attack and BOTH have pure wish... that is invincible!

THE JACKEL

crashNUMBERS
09-18-2005, 01:44 AM
There's a new one??