PDA

View Full Version : Kimahri

Prancing Mad
09-12-2005, 03:17 AM
I've gotta say thata I tried in all the times that I've played FF10, and I can't find a way for kimahri to out-do a character. No matter what, I can't justify him as anything other than crap that eventually becomes insignificant. I tried putting him through Auron's and for awhile, he was all right. Not Auron good, but just below Wakka in damage, and still stupidly slow. Has anyone actually got a good idea as to what Kimahri is better than someone at? I can't find a redeeming quality, except for the fact that he starts in the middle and has nowhere to go, so you can make him go anywhere. Bah Kimahri!

leu
09-12-2005, 03:29 AM
I don't personaly like kimari his overdrives suck as do his set sphere moves exept ultima.some charicters r worthless while opthers r helpfull

DMKA
09-12-2005, 04:34 AM
I loved him. His overdrives other than Mighty Guard sucked though.

guffman
09-12-2005, 05:07 AM
i used him on rikkus sphere, so now basicly i have rikku with a killer load hp and some over-drives that are worth while...sometimes.

tranvanhieu
09-12-2005, 05:37 AM
Yeah,have Steal and Use with Kimahri so soon can be an advantage.
And when you encounter Biron and Yenke on Mont Gagazet,you can steal a lot of S.Sphere Level 3 ,and Overkill them to get more Sphere(just use some Item,oh and don't make Kimahri strong or you can't overkill them).

boys from the dwarf
09-12-2005, 07:31 AM
kimahri being a cross between a blue mage and a red mage probly wont over shadow everyone but if he has some good blue magic and second level black and white and some abilities he will be very useful.

Sephiroths Clone
09-12-2005, 08:08 PM
Self Destruct

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
09-12-2005, 08:51 PM
io send him into rikkus first to learn steal and use. then tidus' to get some speed and finally aurons for strength. But if u don't include him in every battle to get lots of exp then dont bother with him

look_out_below
09-12-2005, 09:01 PM
I find kimari can be good if you have him on rikkus for a while, to build up health and speed then switching him to where auron started to make him stronger. Also the nova overdrive is fairly powerful, but you cant get this until you have use of the airship.

BG-57
09-13-2005, 12:28 AM
I put him on Lulu's part of the grid. He's got a lot of MP and having a second black mage is handy.

I use his overdrives all the time. Especially Stone Breath, Fire Breath and Aqua Breath. I'm sure I'll use White Wind a lot when I get it.

Also he can equip Piercing spears so he can take out the same enemies Auron can.

So it's not so much that he's better, it's that he can do things other characters can early on in the game.

J.D
09-13-2005, 03:25 AM
Jesus why everyone hates my friend :cry:
heres the way to have an overpowered kimari
first, cover all the areas you can with him at the beggining of his SG
now, use your first level 1 sphere to enter tidus SG, this way hell gain speed
now, make sure he learns haste and slow
now, once you get your first return sphere

return to aurons sphere greed (near tidus), this way he will ll gain strenght
once yer done with aurons

take him to rikku, and then do whatever you want
Kimhari is my best char

he doesnt reallt need steel use abilities, I remember I beat seymour 1, 2 and 3 with kimhari on my party

hes better than you think
but he still isnt top tier

Is J.D Happy, Kimhari Happy

Sephex
09-13-2005, 03:58 AM
I put him on Tidus' path last time I played through the game, and he was just fine. Then again, I swear I'm the only person who plays FFX without powering up my characters to an insane limit.

J.D
09-13-2005, 06:01 AM
If Kimhari is not overpowered, then yeah
is better sticking to a tidus yuna auron party or something like that
first time I played the game
My strongest party was Tidus Wakka Auron

nik0tine
09-13-2005, 06:22 AM
I don't personaly like kimari his overdrives suck as do his set sphere moves exept ultima.some charicters r worthless while opthers r helpfull

Tai-Ti
09-13-2005, 11:56 AM
i found him usefull in the sence his was the only weapon with piercing, and he had one MP cost, so i used him for hate/slowga mostly too.

Venom
09-13-2005, 11:59 AM
Simple explination......kimahri isnt very good.....youd basically have to train him more than you would any character.......kimahri is the essential not-neccesary character.....my thoughts are just dont use him.........

Creed
09-14-2005, 02:40 AM
He at the beginning of the game he aint good but if you power all your characters at the fight with sins fin kill the little sinscale for like 4hrs then kill the fin then kill the squid guy.

this is how i powered him up.

His grid-into-wakka....he hits 9999 with a normal strike

When you go to Omega ruines power all your characters there when you fight Omega get Nova then Khimari will be a valued member of the party.

rubah
09-14-2005, 03:16 AM
Train him as a white mage and you'll be very grateful at Bevelle and again at Mount Gagazet and again at Zanarkand.

and by that, I mean 'go through rikku's grid to get steal and item then continue back to yuna's.'

deathtrooper
10-06-2005, 08:34 PM
leave kimarhi alone!
i use him a bit!
hes an ok charecter
in my last game, he was 2nd strongest, kus below auron!

blackmage_nuke
10-07-2005, 02:12 AM
heres what i did:
i got him to fill out his part first then i didnt use his level ups for a while
then one of my characters (i think it was wakka) reached the end of thier section so i pretty far in the game and kimarhi had alot of sphere levels, so i used friend sphere i think it is, and trasnported kimarhi to wakas path then worked backwards, when he passed the part where the stats were +3 i moved him to aurons and worked backwards, at the end he was powerful but in the begining i barely used him

DK
10-07-2005, 11:55 AM
I put him on Tidus' path last time I played through the game, and he was just fine. Then again, I swear I'm the only person who plays FFX without powering up my characters to an insane limit.

Nah, man. My Wakka can hit up to 99,999 damage and i'm the laziest leveller ever. In fact the first two times I completed the game was with Wakka killing the last boss with one hit. It's not so hard to get decent stats on X.

But I gotta agree, no matter what the arse I do with Kimarhi I always end up just not using him. Once Wakka and Auron get to a decent level of strength I find him obsolete, and also once you get the black magic spheres and teach the powerful spells to Yuna both he and Lulu become uesless in my playthroughs. Wakka and Yuna = My two tanks.

The Mad Dragon
10-07-2005, 04:28 PM
Youna a tank? You do know what a tank is in game terms right?

plasma_storm
10-24-2005, 11:14 AM
kimarhi is a great character leve him alone

demon_werewolf
11-06-2005, 11:09 PM
Kimahri rules man his overdrive rocks i mean once you get nova and his best weapon he's better then Lulu or Wakka and come on who dose not love a big furry purple ronso who can steal life, magic and even a feinds move?

Empu-Dragon
11-06-2005, 11:19 PM
i personaly also like kimari hes not the best fighter but i just like him as a charecter hes just cool yes and i like his blue fur.

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
11-09-2005, 12:28 PM
I don't rememebr ever using Kimahri...... never........

My_Talim
11-23-2005, 02:46 PM
Kimarhi is awesome although his overdrives suck!

Halenite
11-23-2005, 03:12 PM
One word: NOVA

Dreddz
11-23-2005, 03:51 PM
Kimahri is the best and my personal favourite FFX character. As he starts in the middle of the sphere grid, people aim his direction in the wrong way, and class him as crap, and just dismiss him. I aim him for Aurons sphere grid, by the time I get Auron, he has outclassed him in so many ways, So hes usually my hard hitter. And his Overdrives dont suck, N......O.....V....A

Crossblades
11-23-2005, 04:08 PM
I felt that Kimahri was useful when placing him in Wakka's Sphere Grid

Vaprice
11-23-2005, 04:26 PM
Kimahri was useful if you knew how to use him and when to use him. Stragtedy was the ultimate key in battle and when you knew how to wield such a beast you would achieve victory unlike any other. Those who do not use him, are those who do not understamd how to use him.

Sain Cai
11-26-2005, 04:12 AM

You're not alone. I find it boring to kill monsters and bosses with 99,999. Therefore I limit them to their own grids for stats, and allow them to traverse to learn skills.

I do however have a save for the monster arena where you need the stats.