PDA

View Full Version : When Will Square Make Another FFT Game????

YinYangDragoon
09-12-2005, 04:38 AM
I want to know why in the hell squaresoft won't make another FFT game, (on playstation not pocket size consoles) this is one of the if not the greateast strategy game of all time, I mean the game sold like hotcakes, i went on a website a couple of years ago and it was about a petition with hundreds of names telling squarsoft to make a sequel. but somehow they don't listen their busy making ff10-20 sequels which by the way ever since FF7 was release sale has been steadly declining, but they won't make a sequel i want answers tell me a lie something give me a reason. peace

Vyk
09-12-2005, 04:45 AM
You make it sound like FFTA doesn't count. That game was made for people like you. Its a niche, like the Musashi lovers. They had to wait a while for their next game too. You got your follow up. Now the wait begins again :D And of course a company isn't going to listen to a petition online. Lots of people that sign those things probably won't even get it, they just do it 'cause their friends ask them to. And even if everyone that signed it DID buy it on its release day that's not much incentive. A few hundred guaranteed buyers when they need to sell quite a few thousand to profit. Petitioning game companies is a waste of time ^_^ But don't worry. There will deffinitely be another... someday. There's just more important (read more hyped, more mainstream, etc.) games for them to concentrate on right now.

YinYangDragoon
09-12-2005, 04:56 AM
more games to focus on their putting out more ff sequels than india makes movies, look the bottom line is square is ignoring a loyal & begging FFTstragety audience im suprise othergame company's hasn't move in on this goldmine of a niche & make a knock off or similar FFT game, which sold like hot tamales. to entice the FFTFanatics around the world & try to steal Squaresofts Strategy Crown. I want more Answers people i been holdin this in for years.

RedCydranth
09-13-2005, 12:43 AM
im suprise othergame company's hasn't move in on this goldmine of a niche & make a knock off or similar FFT game, which sold like hot tamales.

Yeah, you're right. Nobody has come out with any good strategy games recently. I mean look at the resurgance of Shining Force Series, Fire Emblem and not to mention that Disgaea, La Pucelle tacitcs. And I'm sure Vandal Hearts isn't any good. And now with talks of Dragon Force being remade, thats gonna suck

FFT is only one of numerous Strategy RPGs. Since FFT came out Tactics Ogre has released 2 games, Nipon Ichi has released Disgaea and LaPucelle Tactics, both great Strat RPGs. I cant say anything about Makai Kingdom as I know little of it. Since FFT became the hit it was, Fire Emblem became a bigger game than it was before. FE is a fun stratRPG.

Its not that other companies haven't taken the strat idea. Its been done a lot. Why is Square making games like FFXII, FFVII:AC and Radiata Stories? Because they will make money. Why aren't they making an FFT? Because they don't need to. Its not about their fans, its not about us, it hasn't been about us since FFVII went big. They stopped listening to the little guy when they became THE name in RPGs back with SNES hits like FFVI, Secret of Mana and Crono Trigger. Followed by FFVII they realized that they can create the biggest pile of crap and we'll buy it. They proved this with FFVIII, FFXI, Unlimited SaGa and Ergheiz. They know how to play their fans. Cloud = profit. They put him in FFT, KH and now they have a slew of FFVII games coming. Its not about what we want.

Honestly, I'm glad its not about what we want. I don't want a slew of half made crap games rushed to make us happy. I'd rather wait a few years for a new FFT and make sure it gets done right rather than 3 more FFTAs. FFTA was only moderately good. It had potential to be MUCH better.

Vyk
09-13-2005, 12:57 AM
Speaking of which, I don't know which Tactics Ogre game it was, but I tried one after giving FFT a try. I realize they were either made by the same people or one was modeled after the other. I only played the beginning but even the plot seemed to be almost exactly like FFT. So you might want to look into those games as they're likely the closest relatives of FFT right now.

Azure Chrysanthemum
09-13-2005, 03:46 AM
Tactics was good, but I must say THE leaders in strategy RPGs are Nippon Ichi. Disgaea, La Pucelle, Phantom Brave, they're the ones that are pushing that genre. If SE wants to put out things like FFTA and try to hold on to the tactical market, they're fighting a lost cause.

Don't get me wrong, FFT is one of the five games I think everyone needs to play, I love it to death. If SE made another game of that calibur I'd be positively THRILLED. However, I'm not expecting it. FFT was something different, certainly, but it doesn't mean it will be continued. Just look what happened to Xenogears, another of Square's best (and consequently one of the other five games I think everyone needs to play). SE might try to do a decent Tactics game again, but I'm not really holding my breath.

YinYangDragoon
09-13-2005, 04:21 AM
u guy's r damn straight it aint about the little guy no more that died when shigeru miyamoto of zelda series handed over to his pupils (whick i think was a big mistake) now they changed it to some kind of 2 yr old cartoon video game . They freakin Destroyed a Classic Masterpiece ,but oh well it was a good time while it lasted. now its all about the Benjamins$$$$

TurkSlayer
09-17-2005, 05:07 AM
One of the best things about FFT was the story. It was incredibly compared to so many other games before it where everyone saved the world and lived happily ever after. Sure, they save the world, but the sure as hell don't live "Happily ever after". What I'm saying is, unless you want a direct remake, they would probably screw up the aftermath. After a tragedy like that, you can really have story about what happens afterwords.

Also, I can't believe how selfish so many people are. Well, actually, I can, but thats not the point. SquareEnix is making so many games for us right now. The FFVII Sequal/Spin-offs, Kingdom Hearts, FFXII, not to mention the side stuff like Raidiata Story.(Not sure if thats spelled correctly) They are working very hard to bring us games for our enjoyment, yet everyone just demands more instead of being content with what they have or what is being delivered to them. Sure, they're ultimately trying to fill there own pockets, but what company isn't? Just live with what you have.

YinYangDragoon
09-18-2005, 05:10 AM
Those side sequels don't matter what im saying is squarnix is focusing on certian games to make, & not remaking FFT a proven bestseller. Why won't they make a side sequel to FFT instead of experimenting on on spin offs on other games they made, it doesn't make since. The FFT FAnatics Has waited long years, make another sequel Already Dang it!!. Even if im looking at it from a business stand point wouldn't u wan't to make more money by remaking a bestselling RPG game and make sequel after sequel to squeeze every bit of cash out of it, just like their doing for FF1-infinity. I want more answers its going to take more than a couple of calling us greedy fans wanting more FFT Sequels to com out of this. IF wanting More FFT sequels Is wrong than i don't want to be right LOL LOL LOL

Jeffro027
09-23-2005, 05:12 PM
I just jumped onto this thread and read the extremely dated responses, so I decided to ressurect the issue.
The main reason I want to see a FFT sequel is because of the story. FFTA is great and everything if you liked tactics purely for the gameplay, I on the other hand liked the story. I liked the political intrique with the church conspiracy, I liked the backstabbing and short lived alliances. Frankly, kids getting sucked into a book and the intro battle being a snowball fight was.... less than impressive.
I've played games like Disgaea and la pucelle, etc.
I'm really getting tired of these silly immature plots. Those kinds of plots are fun from time to time but it's getting old fast.
I mean the only game that came close plot wise was tactics ogre and where that matched in story, it failed miserably in gameplay.
I don't know, I'm just tired of these kiddy, uber-anime drawn, cookie cutter tactical games that are popping up. I mean in the case of the la pucelle/ disgaea games they even recycled the voice actors. The only difference between the two games is that colored stripe system which I found to be completely LAME. Well, I wont turn this into a flame Atlas post.
All I'm saying is that it's mostly the mature storyline, LACK of anthropomorhic animal people, and simple yet refined game play that make us want a TRUE sequel to this game.

MecaKane
09-23-2005, 10:21 PM
now they changed it to some kind of 2 yr old cartoon video game
Congratulations, you destroyed what little credibility you had as a serious gamer, for liking FFT so much, with that comment.

FFT was not a "best seller" It was discontinued for years before it was put on the greatest hits list, and then it still didn't sell very well. I got my copy that was continiously marked down to 4.99. To say they need to make a sequel of FFT because it sold is to say they need to make a sequel out of every final fantasy game. Not to mention there was no room in the plot for a direct sequel, as retarded as X-2 was there was some sort of reason for it.

ThroneofDravaris
09-24-2005, 01:09 AM
Don’t worry. As soon as Square-Enix gives up on the idea of making decent games, I’m sure they’ll make a game just like FFT…

TurkSlayer
09-24-2005, 02:53 AM
now they changed it to some kind of 2 yr old cartoon video game
Congratulations, you destroyed what little credibility you had as a serious gamer, for liking FFT so much, with that comment.

FFT was not a "best seller" It was discontinued for years before it was put on the greatest hits list, and then it still didn't sell very well. I got my copy that was continiously marked down to 4.99. To say they need to make a sequel of FFT because it sold is to say they need to make a sequel out of every final fantasy game. Not to mention there was no room in the plot for a direct sequel, as retarded as X-2 was there was some sort of reason for it.

Thank you, I don't have to write so much now. Seriously, I got my copy for about 8-9 bucks 5 years after the game came out. I hardly even knew it existed before that. Seriously, it was not a bestseller. It was a great game, but it didn't really attract anyone who wasn't already a FF fan. So it really isn't on Square's list of priorities right now.

Don’t worry. As soon as Square-Enix gives up on the idea of making decent games, I’m sure they’ll make a game just like FFT…

Thats not cool. FFT rules, man.

ThroneofDravaris
09-24-2005, 03:06 PM
Sure it does