PDA

View Full Version : More Rumors...

clubbprez
09-12-2005, 10:27 AM
So, I just came across this forum. I spent some time reading about some random stuff and the last thing I read was about chocobos. And how anything better that a gold chocobo is bs, or something similar to that.

That being said, I'm assuming what I'm getting ready to talk about is a rumor and half with a twist and a gainer...

But I want answers and confirmation that a) this is in fact a rumor and b) I'm not the only one who's come across it.

http://vgamp.com/index.php?cat=articles&id=ff7rumour

This site has a pretty crazy rumor about breeding a silver chocobo and going into space to meet an evil gnome named Jobe that controls the humans on earth for his own entertainment.

There are a couple flaws in this theory:

First and foremost, I have never seen, nor heard of a silver chocobo in this game, ever.
Second, if you controlled all the humans (including Sephiroth), then why is Cloud on your doorstep fighting you? You would think if you control everyone you would protect yourself as well? ...

I digress. My main concern with this is the appearance of the pictures a the bottom of the page. The two screenshots appear to be very legitimate and coincide with the story told "as reported." Not to say that it wasn't part of the hoax and someone took to time to cgi the two screenshots, however, they do look authentic.

So please tell me your thoughts on this matter. Thanks a bunch!

TheAbominatrix
09-12-2005, 10:46 AM
If you believe a rumor that iis such a blatant lie.... well, that's your business.

It isnt true. Hack the game if you must, it isnt true. The screenshots are bull.

DK
09-12-2005, 12:36 PM
If you believe a rumor that iis such a blatant lie.... well, that's your business.

It isnt true. Hack the game if you must, it isnt true. The screenshots are bull.

Ashley, you should be ashamed of yourself, lying to such a young innocent. :mad2:

Donut listen to her. The silver chocobo is real! REAL, I tells ya. So is the Polkadot Chocobo. I will let you in on a secret they didn't, though. To trigger all of this, all you have to do is slay the Chocobo sage! And you'll be on your way! Good luck, young one. :love:

Channing
09-12-2005, 01:13 PM
Well obviously this is just a rumor.
1. The photoshopped image of the silver chocobo has horrible cutting. Especially when looking at the right wing. You can tell it's very edgy.
2. If the screenshot was legit, they'd press SELECT therefore displaying the name of the enemy when the cursor is pointing to attack.

It is indeed a rumor and if it was not. I'm almost positive more people would be discussing it.

Light Mage
09-12-2005, 02:02 PM
It's not a silver Chocobo, it's a White Chocobo. You can get him to join your party if you give the White Chocobo in Mideel some Mimett Greens and tickle him behind the ear, but have your Materia inventory full up so you can't hold any more Materia.

Because you can't hold the Contain Materia the White Chocobo will join your party instead.

That's a totally blatant lie (obviously). The big clue being the near-impossible way to fulfil the game's requirements.

Luara
09-12-2005, 02:48 PM
I think the rumor its a lie, but play and find out... :love:

Skyblade
09-12-2005, 03:49 PM
It's a lie. I've seen the picture of Cloud riding the Chocobo before, though they did a decent job editing its color. In fact, that picture shows up on the spine of the Brady Games OSG for FFVII. The other pic isn't nearly as well done, and there is no enemy like that in the game.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-12-2005, 04:21 PM
Nothing more to say, really.