PDA

View Full Version : Oh my god what a disappointment.. (no factual spoilers)

Origin
09-13-2005, 12:58 AM
Just.. don't expect too much from AC :( I was thoroughly disappointed.. I'd go so far as to call it complete garbage :(

I'm not giving out any facts on the movie here but I do have a crapload of opinions about it so if you'd rather not hear that then don't read on:

Some scenes made me smile because of their accurate connection with the game and its characters but overall the story was weak and almost non existant. Mostly just a bunch of fights and some reeeeally lame scenes.. :/ The cutting and the camera work was awful in many places and the pacing of the whole movie was weird. Plot was incoherent and nothing was explained really (and some things really needed explaining because they didn't make one ounce of sense :/). Of course the whole thing was very very beautifully done visually but you just stop being impressed by that after 10 minutes.

Just needed somewhere to vent my disappointment :( god damn i had such high expectations on this movie :(
Anyone else who have seen it who feels the same (or differently for that matter)?

Tifa's Real Lover(really
09-13-2005, 01:01 AM
HOW CAN U SAY THT!?!?!? IF IT IS BAD I WILL DIE AND TAKE ALL OF U WITH MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Origin
09-13-2005, 01:12 AM
HOW CAN U SAY THT!?!?!? IF IT IS BAD I WILL DIE AND TAKE ALL OF U WITH MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

it sucks when something you've looked forward to so much isn't all you thought it would be.. but i guess the only thing you can do is accept and move on :(

i found myself bored towards the end actually and just wishing the movie would come to an end.. :/

Tifa's Real Lover(really
09-13-2005, 01:13 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IT WILL NOT BE LIKE THT WITH MY EXPERIENCE CUZ IF IT IS I WILL NEVER TALK

BackRoomKid
09-13-2005, 01:17 AM
i think all threads pertaining to the movie (that hasn't come out yet) should be deleted, it's giving too much temptation to those who haven't seen the movie to read these "reviews" and then start to expect too much from the movie

EDIT
u gonna buy it anyways Origins?

Origin
09-13-2005, 01:22 AM
i think all threads pertaining to the movie (that hasn't come out yet) should be deleted, it's giving too much temptation to those who haven't seen the movie to read these "reviews" and then start to expect too much from the movie

then where am i gonna get therapy? :cry:

BackRoomKid
09-13-2005, 01:24 AM
^^^LOL....go to the "help" forum, lol

Origin
09-13-2005, 01:27 AM
yeah i'll buy it anyway. partly cause i've already seen it now and im against piracy. and partly cause it's still nice to have and watch some nice scenes every now and then. (despite the suckage of the movie some scenes were lovely).

Winter Nights
09-13-2005, 01:30 AM
I was going to get the movie for nostalgia's sake anyway. Didn't have big hopes, just wanted to see the prettiness of it. Not like the original game was all that brilliant, anyway. *shrugs*

Lord Magician
09-13-2005, 01:32 AM
The movie won't suck you lair! :mad2:

I have talked to over 50 people in other webs and they all have seen the the movie, and they say it's great. So stop talking nonsence! :mad2:

Winter Nights
09-13-2005, 01:37 AM

I have talked to over 50 people in other webs and they all have seen the the movie, and they say it's great. So stop talking nonsence! :mad2:

Wow... Way to blow up at someone for having an opinion. :rolleyes2

Tifa's Real Lover(really
09-13-2005, 01:37 AM

IM WITH U MAN!!!!!!!!! LETS FIGHT THE POWER!!!!!

Winter Nights
09-13-2005, 01:38 AM

IM WITH U MAN!!!!!!!!! LETS FIGHT THE POWER!!!!!

And enough with the caps. Please.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
09-13-2005, 01:39 AM
sure

Lord Magician
09-13-2005, 01:41 AM
You don't care for the movie EDIT:Origin. And if it IS YOUR OPINION, then don't make a bid thread and disscusion about it!
I have read the story line and seen many trailers, AND THERE IS NO CHANCE IN HELL THAT THE MOVIE COULD BE THAT BAD! :mad2:

Sorry, to everyone. I hate when people talk crap about perfect work!

Tifa's Real Lover(really
09-13-2005, 01:44 AM
i kno, jus tears my heart :cry:

Winter Nights
09-13-2005, 01:47 AM
You don't care for the movie BackRoomKid. And if it IS YOUR OPINION, then don't make a bid thread and disscusion about it!
I have read the story line and seen many trailers, AND THERE IS NO CHANCE IN HELL THAT THE MOVIE COULD BE THAT BAD! :mad2:

Sorry, to everyone. I hate when people talk crap about perfect work!
I'm not sure whether to laugh or feel sorry for you.

There is no such thing as a perfect work. If you are expecting such, you will be very disappointed. Trailers are meant to glorify the movie. Most crappy movies have really good trailers. Not all, but most. A good storyline does not a good movie make. You haven't seen the movie. Until you do, you have no opinion on how good it is.

And as for him making a thread with his opinion... That's what a thread is.. The discussion of opinions. Note I said discussion, not destruction.

BackRoomKid
09-13-2005, 01:48 AM
i didn't even say anything ABOUT the movie Lord Magician, read thru my post, i was againt people talking about the movie because it's ruining it for M. How do i NOT care about the movie since i haven't even seen the dam movie so calm down and quit yapping

Rostum
09-13-2005, 01:55 AM
This thread has been ruined by those who don't understand the concept of an opinion.

I am very sorry to hear that you were dissapointed Origin, hopefully I will enjoy the movie when I see it - but until then I can't say much about it.

Lord Magician
09-13-2005, 01:57 AM
My fiinal point: 4 stars out of 5

The movie will not be god like, but don't compare it to a crappy movie. I know it will not be all that good. But I am saying, give a little respect to Square Enix, if it was not for them, there would be no Final Fantasy 7 or higher today.

P.S. When I see the movie I will rate the following.
(1) Graphics
(2) Story line
(3) Action
(4) Intertainment
(5) OVERALL SCORE
But, you could do your opinion if you want now.

Winter Nights
09-13-2005, 02:01 AM
My fiinal point: 4 stars out of 5

The movie will not be god like, but don't compare it to a crappy movie. I know it will not be all that good. But I am saying, give a little respect to Square Enix, if it was not for them, there would be no Final Fantasy 7 or higher today.

P.S. When I see the movie I will rate the following.
(1) Graphics
(2) Story line
(3) Action
(4) Intertainment
(5) OVERALL SCORE
But, you could do your opinion if you want now.
I'm still lost on why you think Square-Enix can do no wrong. Or why you are giving a "4 out of 5 stars" to a movie you haven't seen.

Leeza
09-13-2005, 02:03 AM
Lord Magician and Tifa's Real Lover(really: Origin has made this thread on his opinion on this movie after he has seen it. You are also entitled to your opinions, but your opinions are not to be forced on anyone else. Please control yourselves.

Lord Magician
09-13-2005, 02:06 AM
I'm still lost on why you think Square-Enix can do no wrong. Or why you are giving a "4 out of 5 stars" to a movie you haven't seen.

I did not rate it, Holywood or some web site did.My bad BackRoomKid, I meant Origin was wrong.

Rostum
09-13-2005, 02:08 AM
I did not rate it, Holywood or some web site did.My bad BackRoomKid, I meant Origin was wrong.

I don't get it, Origin is wrong because he didn't think the movie was perfect? Please explain. O.o;

Winter Nights
09-13-2005, 02:15 AM

I did not rate it, Holywood or some web site did.

So someone's opinion, posted on a website, is more important and more valid than someone else's, posted on a different website?

Lord Magician
09-13-2005, 02:17 AM
...........What is wrong with me today?

I apologize to everyone in this forum, I had a lot of stress on my back these days lately. I had no right to say these things. I take back all I said here. I am sorry for my childish behavor.

.........(No more comments)..........

BackRoomKid
09-13-2005, 02:40 AM
^^^breathe in....

breathe out...

no biggie, we all got a CASE OF THE MONDAYS :)

lol

Origin
09-13-2005, 02:50 AM
heh.. believe you me i would love to love it but it just aint no good.. anyone who thinks it is good probably thinks so because they can't accept the fact that it sucks and/or blindly worships anything done by square enix :/

not saying people can't have opinions different from mine just that.. i have such a hard time seeing how anyone could find anything good enough about that movie to redeem it.. good story? the hell? it has no story! it's a bunch of fight scenes with an extremely loose thread through it...

if you just wanted to see the ff7 characters brought to life and some alright action (alright not great) then you wont be disappointed. but i think most people expect the movie to have a good story continuing with the same quality as the one in the game :/ people who expect that will be extremely disappointed..

deejay
09-13-2005, 09:22 AM
Just.. don't expect too much from AC :( I was thoroughly disappointed.. I'd go so far as to call it complete garbage :(

I'm not giving out any facts on the movie here but I do have a crapload of opinions about it so if you'd rather not hear that then don't read on:

Some scenes made me smile because of their accurate connection with the game and its characters but overall the story was weak and almost non existant. Mostly just a bunch of fights and some reeeeally lame scenes.. :/ The cutting and the camera work was awful in many places and the pacing of the whole movie was weird. Plot was incoherent and nothing was explained really (and some things really needed explaining because they didn't make one ounce of sense :/). Of course the whole thing was very very beautifully done visually but you just stop being impressed by that after 10 minutes.

Just needed somewhere to vent my disappointment :( god damn i had such high expectations on this movie :(
Anyone else who have seen it who feels the same (or differently for that matter)?

Well..i saw the movie..
IT WAS GOOOD!!!!!! ;) ;) ;)

If you really watch the movie carefully...every second..with subtitles..there is no way you're gonna hate that movie..

Btw..I DO EXPECT THE MOVIE TO HAVE GOOD CONTINUING STORY WITH THE SAME QUALITY AS THE GAME!!!

AND I'M SO DAMN HAPPY WITH SQUARE ENIX!!

Whats the difference about the movie and the game..its only 2 years.
Others are all the same..in the game..they fight..so as in the movie!

You said some things needed explaining...
Why??..If you are a real Final Fantasy fan..everything is explained..no need for the movie to explain it to you..rite?

I understand the movie..it was SOOO GREAT...
My rating.. 100000% :love:

I tell you what a disappointing movie is...Batman Begins..the fighting scenes are only at the ending...and the others are just talk talk talk
But..I cant blame that..coz it is only Batman Begins..the begining only..same like Spiderman 1

Perducci
09-13-2005, 08:27 PM
I liked it.

Wasn't what I expected, though. After almost two years of waiting, it didn't really meet my expectations.

Not enough Cait Sith.

Not enough Swearing from Cid (Or none at all, that I can remember.)

But it was still entertaining.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
09-13-2005, 08:39 PM
if it wasnt delayed, i coulda watched it 2day :(

Strawberry_Mew
09-13-2005, 08:49 PM
You don't know if it sucks cuz u never seen it

Winter Nights
09-13-2005, 08:56 PM
Actually, he did. The movie was leaked to the net a couple of days ago.

KoShiatar
09-13-2005, 09:05 PM
The problem with this movie is that hardcore fans are expecting EVERYTHING from it.
From Cloud and Tifa kissing to the end of the world at the hands of Jenova...OK, now I exaggerated, but you get the point, don't you?
The trick to enjoy it is: always keep in mind that it's just a movie. It has a 100 minute span. There can't be everything everyone wanted in it.
I went to see it never forgetting that and I enjoyed it a lot, because I kept my expectations low and so it proved better than expectations.

Destai
09-13-2005, 10:06 PM
[!]The fanboys in this forum are sickening. There should be a member approval system or something to post anything here. STFU NOOBERSHI S LOLLEXZ[/!]*snip*

This post was not necessary. If you can't say anything nice about other members, keep it quiet. ~ Leeza

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
09-14-2005, 12:27 AM
The problem with this movie is that hardcore fans are expecting EVERYTHING from it.
From Cloud and Tifa kissing to the end of the world at the hands of Jenova...OK, now I exaggerated, but you get the point, don't you?
The trick to enjoy it is: always keep in mind that it's just a movie. It has a 100 minute span. There can't be everything everyone wanted in it.
I went to see it never forgetting that and I enjoyed it a lot, because I kept my expectations low and so it proved better than expectations.

True that, i didnt have low expectations rather i had realistic expectations about the 100 mins span, but i love ff7 to death, im just glad the project is out there, it is important not to keep the bar so high but i found it hard not to like the movie, all the nit picky stuff i was fussy about was blown away by the next scene!

AC treat it like any other movie + the added knowledge u have from the game!!! Stay cool calm and collected people

For me it was worth it!

Craig
09-14-2005, 12:35 AM

I agree. Where as Final Fantasy VII had 100s of hours to give players what they wanted, Advent Children has to do what it can with 90 minutes.

Medeskeys
09-14-2005, 03:11 AM
I thought it was one of the best movies I've seen in years. What's wrong with you?

Origin
09-14-2005, 05:01 AM
um.. wow..

it didnt bother you with the GAPING plotholes and utterly stupid story that did not follow the logic established in the game?

Wolfsstare
09-14-2005, 05:39 AM
I have nothing against your opinion but for me, personally a true otaku and upon the subject final fantasy seven; I've been playing the game since it came out and beleive you me I was hooked! Hearing about a release of the movie during that time in 1997 or eight I would care less of how long or short, ect it is as long as it's transformed into a movie and for God's sake you get to see all the characters you worshipped (as I've done sinnce...forever) I have no expectations of what's in the movie and care less simply we have the fans and Tetsuya Nomura and the people behind the movie to give us this special request of a movie in the making. I draw and make stories a lot including comics. Those who created such entertainment should at least be looked up to on how hard and long they've worked on it(the anime creators of all)(& coming to the point of view as an artist...for I'd love to create my own cg anime.) If not enjoyed it so be it but respect it for it's a strong system within the japanese, when it comes to their works(anime, manga culture, sincerity) even going there. A lot of artist empasized it as to interviews I've seen upon their animations and want people to at least respect it. (I have a personal love for the japanese people..asians)
Anywho, I know I'm going to luv the movie because it's the conclusion of the game and I haven't seen it yet but greatly in love with it already. (It'd a reason why I'm making a comic story out of it) :love:

[Otakus Rule the World]

s[H]sIkuA
09-14-2005, 06:04 AM
watched the movie too

rating : 1111111/1

why ? because its too awesome for me

Fight scene
Music
Girls :love: Tifa /Aeris/Yuffie all is great
Weapon :D
Story
and almost every other thing is perfect, the only thing is the movie is too short!!! wish got more appearance of the char other than Cloud :cool:

BackRoomKid
09-14-2005, 06:07 AM
so i saw it.....

i'd watch it again...and again....and again :)

(don't get me wrong, like in every game/movie/book/whatever it may be, there are things in your own lil "fantasy" that you want fulfilled but they just can't...i accept it...but it is DEFINATELY not a total loss, i look forward to the day i buy it :D )

edczxcvbnm
09-14-2005, 06:22 AM
sIkuA']watched the movie too

rating : 1111111/1

why ? because its too awesome for me

Fight scene
Music
Girls :love: Tifa /Aeris/Yuffie all is great
Weapon :D
Story
and almost every other thing is perfect, the only thing is the movie is too short!!! wish got more appearance of the char other than Cloud :cool:

There was no weapon. That was Bahamut.

This movie kicks so much ass there is no more ass left to kick.

Rostum
09-14-2005, 08:23 AM
I just finished watching this, and I loved it from the start til the finish. I really wish they had some more time to play around with, so they can have some things explained.

Still, I loved it.

KoShiatar
09-14-2005, 04:04 PM
um.. wow..

it didnt bother you with the GAPING plotholes and utterly stupid story that did not follow the logic established in the game?

I had finished playing the game a week before I saw the movie, so I can say I remembered it very well and I noticed no inconsistencies. And I didn't think the plotline was stupid, it was just...a 100 minute plotline. It never could be as deep as a wole game's plot.
As for the plotholes, I catually was happy there were so many. Why? Because it means that a huge part of the story still has to be told, so I'll just stay tuned for more. Remeber, for instance, that not many people know what's going on in the Crisis Core PSP game yet, and it could be the only reason Iìll ever buy a PSP for.

Lionx
09-14-2005, 04:19 PM
I finished watching it yesterday too but i didnt find anything to be very much out of place(as DoC is comming out as well). I never read the hype as it kills movies, so i throughly enjoyed it. Nothing has to be piss perfect to be enjoyed, the effort and work went through making this movie was more than enough, the action scenes are really made well, in which many movies unfortunetly fail at. So blah to that :P The visuals are not extingushed every 10 mins, it was more or less very well done and amazes me how much time they put into every camera angle and shot(alot of matrix though for the fine details xD).

Just needed somewhere to vent my disappointment god damn i had such high expectations on this movie

Exactly. High expectations. Thats why i never read hype for something as good as this.

Zante
09-14-2005, 04:56 PM
I loved it, it was pretty much how I expected it to be. We got to see all the characters, it had some cool fighting scenes, the music was great also. There even were some realy funny parts. Sure, the plot wasn't that great, but who cares? It clearly wasn't aimed at a wider audience, but at a certain group of people, and I find it did pretty well.

Medeskeys
09-14-2005, 05:41 PM
What plot holes, Origin? You keep talking about them but you haven't actually said what they were. Remember the spoiler tags if you do say, though.

Shoden
09-14-2005, 06:18 PM
B/s, I don't find it very nice to put people off the movie as some havent seen it yet, wait till it's DUB release.

I really enjoyed it very much, the story was good but it was mainly revolving around Cloud all the others didn't play roles as big maybe excluding Vincent, Marlene and Tifa.

Cid didn't talk much nor Red (did he talk at all?) Yuffie didn't neither, Cait Sith did a tiny bit and thats my bitchin' done, look don't go all mad at the guy for making this thread, his opinion but Making a thread soley on one person's opinion isn't a good idea in friendly terms.

Lionx
09-14-2005, 09:50 PM
Nanaki talked at the end and very coherantly too. :3

s[H]sIkuA
09-14-2005, 11:14 PM
Yuffie do talks too , when she first appear :D

What i mean by Weapon there is not the "Weapon" but the weapon they use , Gunblade (loz) , Bustersword etc etc

seriously, Masamume pwn all :D

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
09-14-2005, 11:43 PM
I read a rev on adventchildren.net that half was story and the rest was action. Hey, that's cool. Whatever. She said you have to pay attention to the movie to get the story. Some stuff are left ambiguous, but that's ok, and that can be cool, but that doesn't mean there's no story. The same script editor did that in FFVII, too. Maybe if there are plot holes in it, they want you to get the rest of the compilaton?

On a sidenote, on a scale of 1 to 10 of how much of a fan I am of Square with 10 being the most faithful and fanatic, I'm probably about an 8.

I guess I read what other people say about it. Like my friends Dan and Jay ripped it (and will buy it), so next time they're online I'll see what they thought. If Dan likes it, that might give me a better idea if I'll like it, since we both love FFVII, but Jay hasn't played it. Well, anyways, so far I'm getting the general sense that it's good, or at least it's definitely better than the Spirits Within. I hope so.

Strawberry_Mew
09-15-2005, 02:48 AM
Actually, he did. The movie was leaked to the net a couple of days ago.

I know now -sweatdrop- gonna see it some time this week XD One of my best friends downloaded it XD Can't wait to see it

Nakor TheBlue Rider
09-16-2005, 12:52 AM
I plan on buying it when its realeased.

but i DL and watched it already... very very good. I personally Liked how they delt with things and people from the game.

examples: Aeris Remained dead. would have been silly to bring her back now.
Also, Sephiroth remained dead.... in a way.
His memories were passed on through the Jenova cells/Lifestream but he himself remained dead.

I also liked how they managed to bring Sephy back for a fight even though it wasnt really him.

DMKA
09-16-2005, 01:05 AM
It was amazing. One of the best movies I've ever seen. If you think it was "garbage" or even remotely not good then you obviously fail at life.

BackRoomKid
09-16-2005, 01:13 AM
^^^lol, well said

watched it like 3 times already (mainly watched the parts i enjoyed most, and lil' things i didn't catch)

the fact i've watched it a few times in a few days, it speaks for itself

to those actually WAITING for the movie, i'll pat ur back, u will get further in life than me, lol...i can't wait to buy it, and obviously i'm not alone

Super Christ
09-16-2005, 05:16 AM
I thouroughly enjoyed the movie. Now I've got to go play FF7 again.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
09-16-2005, 05:26 AM
hmm, I haven't counted the posts here, but I think the people who liked it are winning like 20 to 1.

But, DMKA, that's his thing if he doesn't like it. He doesn't fail at life; he just has different tastes than you, than of us really.

I'm gonna go play FFVII again...tomorrow. Right now I should be doing hw or sleeping.

Squall of SeeD
09-16-2005, 06:56 AM
Also, Sephiroth remained dead.... in a way.
His memories were passed on through the Jenova cells/Lifestream but he himself remained dead.

I also liked how they managed to bring Sephy back for a fight even though it wasnt really him.

Well, he's dead now. Maybe. It was really him, in that Kadaj and the other two guys were Remnants of him, which is to say that when his body was blown apart, it reassembled into these three different people, and when a large concentration of JENOVA Cells (JENOVA's head) was introduced into Kadaj's body, it was enough to allow Sephiroth to manifest himself again.

He is JENOVA. He's like a mutation of the virus that is JENOVA. Since he and the entity are one and the same, he won't really be gone until all of JENOVA's Cells are gone. While those in Cloud and the children are gone, as are Sephiroth's own Cells and the head of JENOVA itself, some Cells still remain in former members of SOLDIER and the Deep Ground SOLDIERs.

Due to their strong wills, Sephiroth shouldn't be able to manifest himself again through them, but he's not technically gone just yet.

Fire_Emblem776
09-16-2005, 07:01 AM
but it wasnt that bad

TurkSlayer
09-17-2005, 04:46 AM
I haven't seen it yet, but considering what everyone is saying (Besides you, Origins) I don't think I'll be disappointed.

Mo-Nercy
09-17-2005, 05:28 AM
I worked up myself so much(especially in the week coming up to the release) about the film, I probably wouldn't have been happy with the results no matter what Squenix had done with it.

My slight disappointment aside, it was a fine work of eye candy and fighting scenes. The story didn't really hook me (Ghost in the Shell made more sense to me, and that's REALLY saying something).

I give it a:

out of five. Extra brownie points for Little Miss Materia. <3

sphinxgaara
09-17-2005, 09:43 AM
My first post on the forum i thought advent children was good but when it came to the story it was disappointing

they could have done 100 times better than that

good music, fighting scenes good but it took everything out of final fantasy

sephirith was there for about five minutes why they bought him back i don't no

square-enix should stop doing final fantasy sequals

deejay
09-17-2005, 10:36 AM
Hey dude..it IS STILL FINAL FANTASY.
Sephiroth is back..becoz they wan sephiroth tocome back..tocontinue the story..coz..the story is not complete..

what can be better than Sephiroth???

ThroneofDravaris
09-17-2005, 10:44 AM
A decent Villain?

deejay
09-17-2005, 11:13 AM
Example?

Well...for me...nobody can be as good as Sephiroth in FF7 ;)

Dreddz
09-17-2005, 11:27 AM
I agree that it was a disapointment, there was too much action, nice for kids that still luv that stuff, but I wanted more story, and the movie was extended alot ( mainly the ending ) by just mindless action. And the fact that all my favourite FFVII tunes, had a heavy metal remix, nice for some, but I really didnt like it. I do like some of it, the references to the game were cool, I luv that all the characters came back. But Cid should of been in it longer. Even the victory tune on the guys phone was a nice touch.
I'd give it 6/10 maybe 7/10.

Winter Nights
09-17-2005, 12:06 PM
I just love how people expected an action movie (sequel to a game filled with battles, no less) to be mostly drama. Did you people really expect a deep profound story, especially when the game had no such thing? Sure it was epic and dramatic, but the game was far from deep and was mostly all about the big fight.

Honestly, I was quite pleased with it. I didn't expect alot going in. But it was definately entertaining. The story-to-action ration was about the same as the game's, just the game was 40-100 hours, while this was an hour and a half. Plus, with what little story they had, they did a good job of bringing out the emotional side of the main characters, most notably Cloud. The other characters didn't have such big roles, but FF7 was all about Cloud anyway. There was time in the game to show backstory with the other characters, not so much time here. Not that big a deal.

For an action movie, I was indeed impressed. For a FF7 movie, I was more impressed. I always found that FF7 lacked any real heart. Where the game excelled in the story area, the movie excels in giving that story some real emotion.

Dreddz
09-17-2005, 12:36 PM
Although I dont like putting them in comparison.
AC is like T3, should never of been made.........

Winter Nights
09-17-2005, 03:01 PM
Reading some of the reviews I wonder if you people watched the same movie. Then, I remember what a high pedestal most people put FF7 on, despite how average and uninteresting the majority of the game is. The game itself was mostly pointless battles, surrounding an interesting, but not very compelling storyline. Hell, alot of the main battles you fought had nothing to do with the main storyline. They were there to draw out the story (The Weapons, almost every fight with Shinra).

sphinxgaara
09-17-2005, 05:04 PM
dont get me wrong sephiroth is cool but i really didnt think there was any point about i.t i mean at the end of the day this was a film made trying to be a final fantasy which it isnt because final fantasy is all about the storys mainly.

i mean where did those three guys come from they didnt even explain anytyhing really it was just watching ff7 as a game but in the end it was alrite

TurkSlayer
09-17-2005, 05:07 PM
Can someone give me a link to it, I want to see it for myself.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
09-17-2005, 05:57 PM
A link to the movie? Sorry, we can't do that here.

Dreddz
09-17-2005, 08:55 PM
just do a google...

thaskoop
12-01-2005, 01:12 AM
THIS MOVIE WAS A VERY... VERY BIG DISAPPOINTMENT!
I was so mad at myself for getting my hopes so high... I actually thought the movie would be on the events in the game... not after.... I really had my hopes up on seeing a movie where they went through the same things in the game........ D4mn it!

ThroneofDravaris
12-01-2005, 01:47 AM
So then, you didn’t really pay attention to ANY of the information that was released concerning Advent Children, specifically the part when they told us that it would take place 2 years after FFVII?

Winter Nights
12-01-2005, 01:56 AM
My favorite part is how he went to a two month old thread on AC's disappointment, when there was already a current one.

kikimm
12-01-2005, 04:01 AM
Just warn, just warn. ;)

But like Autumn Rain said: http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=74

Try not to post in old threads either.