PDA

View Full Version : Machina Mayhem

Skyblade
09-13-2005, 07:14 AM
I am rather upset about this right now. I spent my whole game completing everything, then at the end I successfully implicate Rin in the Machina Mayhem event. I receive Gippal's Sphere... And don't get an Episode Complete. That's the only one I missed for the Mascot dress sphere. What's more, when I start my New Game +, I don't have access to Gippal's Sphere anymore. The only way to get that sphere is to totally screw over your chances to gain Mascot and get 100% in a single playthrough? Please tell me I missed something, and that I can still get an Episode Complete, because I'm about to smash my game disc right now.

Mo-Nercy
09-13-2005, 11:33 PM
According to my sources, you can only implicate Rikku, Calli or the Chocobo Eater with the investigation to get Episode Complete.

Man, I didn't even know you can get Rin to be the culprit. Nice work. Oh and viewing the spheres as 1-3-2-5-4-5-2-1-4-2-1 will get Rikku to be the culprit (gets you the Ragnarok accessory)

It also seems that you don't need it for Episode Complete either. I think you're going to have to try again in New Game+

In my experience, quite a few key items are retained in New Game+, whether or not Gippal's Sphere is one of them is something I can't say for sure.

EDIT: Actually, I can say for sure. Gippal's Sphere does carry over to New Game+ Yay! But no matter what, you won't be able to get any more than 69 or the 72 Key Items. The one's that'll be missing are the Awesome Sphere (the one you give to either Yevon or the League), the Sphere Fragment (it's lost when you get Leblancs fragment and combine them) and a Calm Lands Pass (you can only have the Discount pass or the Free pass, but not both).

Skyblade
09-14-2005, 05:03 AM
According to my sources, you can only implicate Rikku, Calli or the Chocobo Eater with the investigation to get Episode Complete.

Man, I didn't even know you can get Rin to be the culprit. Nice work. Oh and viewing the spheres as 1-3-2-5-4-5-2-1-4-2-1 will get Rikku to be the culprit (gets you the Ragnarok accessory)

It also seems that you don't need it for Episode Complete either. I think you're going to have to try again in New Game+

In my experience, quite a few key items are retained in New Game+, whether or not Gippal's Sphere is one of them is something I can't say for sure.

EDIT: Actually, I can say for sure. Gippal's Sphere does carry over to New Game+ Yay! But no matter what, you won't be able to get any more than 69 or the 72 Key Items. The one's that'll be missing are the Awesome Sphere (the one you give to either Yevon or the League), the Sphere Fragment (it's lost when you get Leblancs fragment and combine them) and a Calm Lands Pass (you can only have the Discount pass or the Free pass, but not both).

Yeah, and they reward that nice work by killing my shot at getting the Mascot dresssphere... *Smashes disc* (Ok, not really, but just typing that made me feel a little better).

Seriously, he's the hardest character to implicate, and you get a key item for it, but you can't get the Episode Complete? Stupid.

I was fairly sure Gippal's sphere didn't carry over, but I'll check again.

Markus. D
09-15-2005, 06:25 AM
Youll love the perfect ending to that episode, it all means so much sense.