PDA

View Full Version : FFVII AC soundtrack (please avoid spoilers)

Sefie1999AD
09-13-2005, 03:46 PM
To those of you who have seen the movie (either by downloading or by buying it from Japan tonight), how is the soundtrack? It's composed by Nobuo Uematsu, but I heard the music will be quite rockish whereas FFVII's soundtrack was epic, using lots of strings, brass and other orchestra-style synth instruments. Does the music fit into the movie? Do they reuse any of FFVII's songs? I've heard the Black Mages version of One-Winged Angel in the trailers, but that's it. How about the opening song (Calling?) or that Latin choir music used in FFVII AC's Japanese homepage? What's the music style like, and is it orchestral or synthesized? I'd like to get that soundtrack, but first I'd like to know if it will be worth getting. If anyone knows when or where you can import the soundtrack, it would be helpful if someone posted some information about it here.

Destai
09-13-2005, 04:11 PM
I havent heard it. I'll get it anyway though.

Shoden
09-13-2005, 04:35 PM
It's amazing 'nuff said

valentine
09-13-2005, 04:39 PM
It uses a lot of tracks from the game. Some of the music is taken directly from the piano collections and black mage albums, actually.

The music is sort of a combination between the epic style of FFVII and a more rock oriented style.

"Calling" is played at the very very end, and the choir music you refer to is used throughout

As for how well it fits in wih the movie; Yes, it does fit, but it was kind of distracting every time a familiar song played that I knew all the music to

ISRviper
09-13-2005, 04:50 PM
I can't wait for the soundtrack to come out... I loved the way that the new one winged angel sounds like. Final Fantasy 7 and Rock go very good together.

Fire_Emblem776
09-13-2005, 05:19 PM
It uses a lot of tracks from the game. Some of the music is taken directly from the piano collections and black mage albums, actually.

and i own them he hehe

Quoter
09-13-2005, 06:16 PM
there's a piano version of the FF7 battle theme which is really good I think

the soundtrack overall is great and worth buying

Tracklisting
1. Opening
2. Yakusoku no Chi -The Promised Land-
3. Beyond The Wasteland
4. Sign
5. Theme of Tifa (Piano Version)
6. FOR THE REUNION
7. Tatakau Monotachi (Piano Version)
8. Water
9. Materia
10. Black Water
11. Theme of Aerth
12. Battle in the Forgotten City
13. Violator
14. Kita no Daikudo(FFVII AC Version)
15. Tenrai-Divinity I-
16. Tatakau Monotachi (FFVII AC Version)
17. Sara ni Tatakau Monotachi (FFVII AC Version)
18. Tenrai-DivinityII-
19. Encounter
20. The Chase of Highway
21. Savior
22. J-E-N-O-V-A(FF7 AC VERSION)
23. Sairin:Henyoku no Tenshi
24. Cloud Smiles
25. End Credits
26. Calling

Strawberry_Mew
09-13-2005, 06:43 PM
Whenever it comes out I am looking forward to it XD

Origin
09-13-2005, 07:29 PM
the songs on their own are decent. i especially like the remixes of one winged angel and jenova. however they oftentimes totally do not fit into the movie at all. very poorly done.

Necronopticous
09-13-2005, 07:54 PM
I thought it was especially well done.