PDA

View Full Version : subtitle help

BackRoomKid
09-13-2005, 07:57 PM
i'm using VLC media player to play a movie and i want subtitles to pop up

the folder came with a sub-folder called "Sub" and it contains a .rar files along with an .idx file

i seriously just don't know what to do

i just open the movie and it gives me the option to also open up a Subtitle file, but what IS a subtitle file anyway? anyone got a better media player that just makes this easier?

Shoeberto
09-13-2005, 08:27 PM
The subs are probably in the .rar file. You can use an unzipping program like WinRar or 7Zip (Winzip will not work) to extract them, then load then using the program.

BackRoomKid
09-13-2005, 09:31 PM
yea, i used Extract Now, and it extraded a .sub file

could that be it?

so when i get the 'sub' file, whatever it is, do i just play the movie and let the player take care of itself?

Shoeberto
09-13-2005, 11:23 PM
If the program asks you if you want to load a sub file when you open the movie, load that file. I'd imagine that's how it works.

Shoden
09-14-2005, 12:03 AM
dload FFdshow make sure the SUB and AVI are in the folder with the same name except with .avi and .sub at the end.

Load FFdshow up and go to config mess around from there and voila.

(I had trouble too)

TheAbominatrix
09-14-2005, 12:04 AM
Jeez, the stuff I got was much easier. All I had to do was load a .ssa file with BS Player.

BackRoomKid
09-14-2005, 12:16 AM
lol....please tell me what a BS player is and not let my mind keep wondering what BS possibly means

TheAbominatrix
09-14-2005, 12:21 AM
It plays movies.

Craig
09-14-2005, 12:29 AM
I got the one with .sub and .idx files. More trouble than it's worth.

I eventually figured it out, only to find that the subtitles were in Japanese too.

I managed to download an english sub from Torrent Spy though. I can hook you up with it over MSN or something if you like, and tell you how to make it work.