PDA

View Full Version : Little things (Unmarked spoilers, you've been warned)

TheAbominatrix
09-13-2005, 11:01 PM
First off, I want to say that this thread isnt about whether or not you liked the movie. There're like 6 threads for that already, so please don't post it here, and PLEASE don't argue with someone's opinion on this film.

I want to know what little things pleased you/annoyed you in this film. The little details that don't make it or break it, but meant something to you.

For example.

-When, in the battle with Loz and Yazoo, a sign tumbles down on Rude's head... it's the Loveless sign! That amused the crap outta me for some reason.
-The Moogle doll being held by the girl with Geostigma. I thought it was beyond cute.
-I love the way Kadaj, as he died, reached up to take Aerith's hand. We don't see her hand, but we know that's what it was... Aerith guiding people to the Lifestream seems very much like her.
-Zack waiting for Aerith at the door of the church. I love that couple!
-Tifa speaking to the droplet of water, speaking to Aerith really. I always love it when they show that Tifa likes Aerith as a person, because so many people like to paint them as bitter rivals.
-Cait Sith and Yuffie snapping at eachother.
-Yuffie with her arms full of materia. So cute!

So please, share yours!

Tifa's Real Lover(really
09-13-2005, 11:04 PM
loz and yazoo were fighting!?!??! WTF how and why???

TheAbominatrix
09-13-2005, 11:05 PM
The battle with Loz and Yazoo does not mean Loz and Yazoo were fighting eachother. Go watch the movie.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
09-13-2005, 11:06 PM
its not on dvd yet :cry:

Necronopticous
09-13-2005, 11:20 PM
One of my favorite scenes was when Reno accidently smashed Rude's glasses, and then Rude pulls out another identical pair he has on standby.

TheAbominatrix
09-13-2005, 11:21 PM
Definitly. That was very funny... Rude and Reno made very good comic relief without being over the top.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
09-13-2005, 11:30 PM
^What u said already summed up the pleasing points heres mine to add

-Reno accidentally hitting Rude with his rod
-Loz crying (actually that was kinda freaky)
-The Ominslash-esque move that cloud pulled off with all those swords
-Loz's ringtone
-Reno getting locked outside while cloud and Rufus was talking (hillarious!)
-Vincent...need i say more
-Bahamut..."see above"

Theres more, im just still hyped about it....(*needs to calm down)

TheAbominatrix
09-13-2005, 11:32 PM
Haha, the rod thing! I loved that. And the way Rude kept barely avoiding it after that. The ringtone was great too, and kind of eeiry in the scene.

Thanks of AC, Reno is one of my favorite characters. :skull3:

Rinoa_Heartillly
09-13-2005, 11:41 PM
^^ sounds intersting! How did you guys see the movie?

Craig
09-14-2005, 12:16 AM
- The way Reno and Rude kept getting up, even though they were taking a beating.
- Cloud's multi-sword move at the end.
- The conversation between Yuffie and Tifa when Yuffie parachutes in.
- The Moogle toy.
- Rufus revealing myself.
- The music combined with Barret and Yuffie's entrance.
- The Bahamut fight.
- Red roaring at Midgar right at the start.

And yeah, thanks to AC Reno has become one of my favourite characters. Yuffie too.

TheAbominatrix
09-14-2005, 12:21 AM
I was so thrilled when Rufus revealed himself. They did very well on his character design, he was really handsome.

I was more excited to see Rufus' face revealed than I was Aerith's xD

Craig
09-14-2005, 12:25 AM
It was pretty cool when he pulled out his Shotgun too. I was expecting him to be pretty helpless throughout the movie.

OminousShock
09-14-2005, 12:27 AM

My friend, it's called Piracy! ^_^; I have 56k so I am forbidden to do Piracy! Or maybe... :O

Rinoa_Heartillly
09-14-2005, 06:32 AM

My friend, it's called Piracy! ^_^; I have 56k so I am forbidden to do Piracy! Or maybe... :O

Eh? What's that, a downloading thingy? Is there a site where it can be downloaded?

TheAbominatrix
09-14-2005, 06:34 AM
You have to find it on your own, we're not allowed to share the sites here.

Anyway, my new favorite little thing... Cloud and Tifa are both wearing the same ring, from what I can tell. On their right hands (so not engagement/wedding bands), but very interesting nonetheless.

BackRoomKid
09-14-2005, 07:50 AM
the shape of the ring seemed kinda like clouds Fenrir crest on his left shoulder

something i really liked, i think it's open for interpretation:
fenrir, or the wolf
a wolf kinda symbolises a strong sense of independance, but often you see a wolf running with a PACK

Cloud kinda reminded me of a leading/independant "wolf" who didn't have his pack in the beginning of the movie
but as the gang rejoined, it made him complete

the movie had so many great moments, you all named them all :/ lol

EDIT
When cloud is talking to vincent and cloud asks "can sin be forgiven?"
he replies "i've never tried it"
Cloud then seems determined to try
in a physical form...bahamut SIN came and he had to conquer it...not alone either

see, i love symbolism as you can tell...it may not have been the original intent of the movie makers but it doesn't stop me

EDIT TWO
Cid still has his goofy run! After he saves Tifa, he runs off with that wierd strut and his arms close to his hips...HILARIOUS!

Necronopticous
09-14-2005, 08:30 AM
I love when Cloud does his signature victory sword sheath before nailing Kadaj with a strike, right before he molts.

Quoter
09-14-2005, 11:19 AM
I really enjoyed the 2nd credits because it was the answer to Final Fantasy 7's 2nd ending.

FF7
Game ends, see Aeris's face, shows Red and his kids running along the canyon

FF AC
Cloud on his bike riding along while everything's green as credits go, kinda funny because you didn't know whether Cloud and everyone survived at the end of FF7 (whether Holy wiped them out, etc)

Also thought the way Square-Enix implimented the limit breaks was really good (Tifa jumping off the wall, slamming the guy's head into the ground and then picking him up and throwing him, Cloud doing his Braver, and various other attacks). Even Red and the others had limit breaks I think, can't remember though.

Styx
09-14-2005, 01:59 PM
I like the scene with Bahamut where Cloud is thrown waaaaay up in the sky by the others. It was kinda hilarious to see but cool none the less.

KoShiatar
09-14-2005, 03:34 PM
A lot of things, Many of them have already been said by others.

-The sign advertising WRO.
-Pretty much everything Reno and Rude did, especially the sunglasses scene. I couldn't decide whether they were more idiotic and more cool.
-Tseng. Just the fact that he's alive.
-Vincent's first appearance. Heck, I didn't know he could also do that.
-The way Aeris interacts throughout the movie. It was just perfect, because we can feel her presence very clearly. We know she's dead and she will forever stay so, yet it's somewhat like she was alive.
-The final scene with Zack and Aerith.
-Rufus. He owns.
-The Loz ringtone scene.
-The dialogue about sins between Cloud and Vincent.

Shoden
09-14-2005, 03:58 PM
Cloud's pwnage over Sephiroth, the way each of his friends helped him to reach and conquer Bahamut sin then aeris gave him the final push.

When Reno whacks Rude over the head and knocks him down, the scene where cloud locks Reno out and Reno routes on Rude, also when They fight the SHM Rude gets up with difficulty, a sign hits him but he barely stays, then Reno drops in and smashes his Shades, the reaction of Rude was hillarious.

Christmas
09-14-2005, 04:07 PM
We finally get to see Elena....

Zante
09-14-2005, 04:44 PM
I liked lots of things, some of the highlights for me were:

-The beggining with Red XIII, don't think Square could have done anithing better
-Clouds swords, how he keept combining them was cool, and his final attack ruled
-Vincent's first appearance
-Yuffie was uber cute :love:
-Reno, he was hillarious :)

One think I would have liked was to see Vincent transform, I guess I'll have to wait for DC for that to happen.

Quoter
09-15-2005, 12:27 AM
People wearing Ribbons to stop Geostigma. In the games, the Ribbon is the ultimate Status protection. Cute joke that they'd try to use them to heal the illness.

The Healin lodge has directions to Midgar, Kalm and the Chocobo ranch. Cute.

Anyone seen a chocobo yet?

Cloud whipping out all those swords from the one blade was also a joke/reference: In the game, you cannot drop your initial equipment, and all the movies and such have him using the same initial sword from his original character design. So a clever wink there is that he holds all the new equipment in the one he never drops.

The 3 spirits were aspects of Sephiroth's willpower. They were probably awoken by ShinRa finding Jenova's head. Cloud has been sensing this for a while, and now he finds out why he's been plagued by visions like he was 2 years ago.

The monster's name is Bahamut-Sin. It seems the implication is that summoned beasts are neither good or evil, but they reflect their summoners. A bit cliche, but makes sense.

They also used cell phones in the game in order to change party members, thought this was funny considering the advertising of phones in FF:AC.

Luthien Rogue
09-15-2005, 12:32 AM
People wearing Ribbons to stop Geostigma. In the games, the Ribbon is the ultimate Status protection. Cute joke that they'd try to use them to heal the illness.

Only the team members wear the pink ribbon and it's in Aeris' memory. :P

Akari Amano
09-15-2005, 01:35 AM
i still some questions

.... if what kadaj put in his arm was a green materia,... how did he summon bahamut sin?

.....cait sith does something in that battle? it looked more like he was picking on nanaki than anything else

O_o

ok...enough of stupid questions.

i loved the part were tifa and cloud were lying in the church... it was really cool.

when cloud locks reno out...that was hilarious

obviously...loz ringtone is great. i had that on mine as well XD

the omnislash.... it can't get any better

tifa's limit breaks

rufus...rufus....rufus

that's all i can remember...i have to watch it again to tell you more

Madonna
09-15-2005, 02:26 AM
My favorite thing was Reno clambering up, chasing Yazoo. He isn't genetically enhanced or irridated by Mako, but he sure gives his all. The Turks were outclassed, but they still fought like demons, and against normal people, I'm sure they'd be victorious.

Other happy moments include Rufus diving afer Kadaj, shooting at him and Jenova's head as they all plummet, Reno and Rude climbing up to get their boss, Cid being a psycho and jumping onto Bahumaut with his spear, and Yuffie with her Materia hoard.

DMKA
09-15-2005, 11:49 PM
Oh god, it was so great...lets see:

These made me laugh:
- When Rude got hit in the head by the sign.
- When Reno smacked Rude in the face with his eletromagnetic rod thing.
- When Rude's shades got smashed and he just pulled out another pair.
- When Tifa beat up Yazoo and we heard the Victory Fanfare playing, and it ended up being the cellphone ringtone.

These I just thought were neat:
- The moogle doll.
- The ribbon on Cloud's arm (if you remember, an accessory you wear that protects against status effects).
- All the remade flashback scenes (Rufus in the exploding room, Sephiroth in the fire, Aeris and Cloud's hands reaching out in the light, ect.).
- All the limit break usage...I notice Bladebeam and Somersault in particular.

These I thought were just beautiful overall:
- Cloud holding dying Kadja.
- Aeris and Zack in the church.
- Sephiroth with his one wing.
- The water filling the church during the fight between Cloud and Kadja.
- Countless other scenes I can't place at the moment.

I just got done watching it less than ten minutes ago...so amazing.

BackRoomKid
09-16-2005, 01:17 AM
I noticed that Tifa used "meteo drive" and "somersalt" to take down Loz, THAT was great

she has a total of 8, i thinks she used more

HanaKirei
09-16-2005, 06:45 PM
- The Turks in general. I always had a soft spot for Rude, but this movie just triplified my Turk-love, particularly Reno who I'd never been too keen on before now. My one gripe is I wish we'd gotten to see just a little more of Tseng and Elena, but eh. Least we got to see them at all.
- Same deal for Rufus. I'd always thought he was a bit over-hyped, to be honest. But he finally managed to win me over here.
- Then there's Tifa. Another character I've never liked much, and been vocal about it. After this movie though, it was a lot harder not to like her. One of the things that always irked me was the way Tifa played along with Cloud's dellussions during the course of the game. But here? She let loose on him and got his butt in gear to do what he had to do instead of hiding from it. She just felt in general like a much stronger character this time around. Of course, that's just my opinion. Changing gears now before I get bashed. ^^;
- Now onto actual moment-moments. XD; First off, Vincent's nifty cloak trick when he first popped up. So effin' cool.
- Loz's ringtone. Priceless.
- Red XIII's voice. I do hope he appear in Dirge of Cerberus with more dialogue. He may've only had one line, but the voice just seemed to suit him so well... I'd love to hear more of it in the future.
- The name of Cid's new airship. However the heck it's spelled, even if it wasn't intentional, it sounded enough like Shera to make the shipper in me squeal like mad.
- The pink memorial ribbons on all the party members.
- Aeris' face. I honestly don't think the stills of it quite do her justice. Just seeing her turn around for the first time...
- And then walking off with Zack into the light. Such a beautiful moment. Teared up so badly I could barely read Cloud's last line. ^^;
- Yuffie showing her airsickness, however briefly, after the drop.
- Marlene chucking the materia at Loz.
- Marlene asking Vincent if he had a phone, leading to some dramatic cloak swishing. XD
- Marlene ducking under Vincent's cloak. So bloody adorable.
- Yuffie's posessive clutching of the materia. And of course "DISCRIMINATION, DISCRIMINAAAATION!". *giggle*

There's probably quite a bit I'm forgetting here, but yeah. XD Many many favorite moments.

Sephex
09-16-2005, 07:08 PM
Things I liked:

*The Jenova music during the final confrontation with Kadaj.
*The mixed One Winged Angel music with the battle against Sephiroth.
*Reno and Rude as comedy relief. This was something that I am glad they explored more since it was somewhat subtle in the game.
*The great use of applying game rules to the movie (yes, the fighting scenes don't resemble the battle system, but this is kind of how I imagined the battles to be)
*Rude pulling out a set of spare shades after Reno accidently steps on them.
*The way Cloud beat Sephiroth. I WISHTHAT LIMIT WAS IN THE GAME.
*How everyone (including Aeris) worked hard as a team to launch Cloud up to Bahamut.
*This part of this conversation:

Cloud: I want to be forgiven.
Aeris: By Whom?

*Pretty much all the refrences to the actual game

There is only one thing I am confused about. I swear to god that Tsung died in the game. I mean that's why Elena was all pissed off at Cloud before he went to the Great Glacier, right?

BackRoomKid
09-16-2005, 09:06 PM
^^^but isn't there another guy, from Before Crisis, who looks EXACTLY like Tseng? yet, in the game you never hear his name, I just hear "senpai"

at first, yeah i thought it was Tseng...but i think its sum other dude...the one from Before Crisis

and why did Kadaj cry when he looked at the cut box of Jenova? she didn't fall out....hmmmmm

Winter Nights
09-16-2005, 10:33 PM
They call him Shion in the movie. Yay for references to a game that hasn't even come out yet!!

DMKA
09-16-2005, 11:42 PM
They call him Shion in the movie. Yay for references to a game that hasn't even come out yet!!
It's because it was the Japanese version.

Winter Nights
09-16-2005, 11:46 PM
It's because it was the Japanese version.
That would make sense, if the subtitles didn't say Shion too. And they fact that Tseng very clearly died at Sephy's hand in the game.

s[H]sIkuA
09-17-2005, 12:09 AM
For me , theres alot of moment that I think I will never forget

Tifa standing on the wall , it was way too cool :cool:
Limit Breaks, Tifa's , Cloud's ,Red XIII's
The Turks! Oh gosh , I didnt know Reno was that dumb ,but he's still cool :D
Rude extra shade :D + signboard and Reno pwning him :D
Loz Ringtone :D
Jenova / One Winged Angel + Last Fight , this is the best fight I've seen. Period.
RedXIII opening run , simple and amazing
Bahamut Sin fight , I was so amazed because of the freedom to run and jump around in the air . the part where Vincent stand at the top and shoots :eek: and Yuffie running up the wall :D
All in all , I love all the cast , not even one I dont like, even the little girl that with Denzel is so adorable

Quoter
09-17-2005, 12:10 AM
Anyone else see this

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/3797/wtf9lr.jpg

http://img122.exs.cx/img122/4483/capture33gq.jpg

http://img122.exs.cx/img122/8134/capture46tw.jpg

Winter Nights
09-17-2005, 12:18 AM
Interesting to think on, but looks more like rocks to me.

Psychotic
09-17-2005, 01:19 AM
Best thing for me:

Cloud had put the Buster Sword, originally Zack's sword, in the place where Zack was killed, on the cliffs above Midgar, as if to say "I know that's not me. I'm not Zack, I'm Cloud.", something as we all know he struggled with throughout FFVII.

The other great bit was the way Zack and Aeris, the two people who had caused great psychological problems for Cloud (not intentionally, of course) appeared at the end signifying his freedom from these burdens.

Also that was definitely Tseng, the credits said so, although quite how he is alive is beyond me.

Winter Nights
09-17-2005, 01:28 AM
Dunno.. The game also implied that Rufus died too, so... I guess Square just decided to fuck with us, all these years later. xD

Medeskeys
09-17-2005, 01:43 AM
why did Kadaj cry when he looked at the cut box of Jenova? she didn't fall out
Yeah...

Winter Nights
09-17-2005, 02:00 AM
I just assumed that when he looked upon his "mother's" face for the first time, he was overcome with emotion.

BackRoomKid
09-17-2005, 02:16 AM
then who the heck is Senpai? or WHAT is senpai

that cell phone pic is interesting....

overcome by emotion? that was my initial thought, but still it just seems strange that he yells like that...but maybe that's something they wanted to convey, his "love" for his mother

DMKA
09-17-2005, 02:23 AM
then who the heck is Senpai? or WHAT is senpai
It means like, your superior. In Japan, in highschool, an upperclassmen you can refer to as "senpai". If you're a beginner in some field of work, you can refer to your superior as senpai. Seeing as Elena was a newbie Turk (and it showed at how she'd constantly give secrets away on accident in FFVII), along with the fact that she has a thing for Tseng (something that can usually plays a part as well, "her" senpai, if you will), that's what she refers to him as.

So yes, Tseng is the said senpai. Also, we never did see if Tseng actually died or not, so I guess now we know he didn't.

Winter Nights
09-17-2005, 03:00 AM
I do remember Elena being upset about Tseng later, thus why the assumption that Tseng died held. Dunno. maybe Square just forgot, lol.

Psychotic
09-17-2005, 03:02 AM
It's pretty obvious, to me at least, that Tseng died. After the scene where you talk to him at the entrance of Temple of the Ancients, Aeris cries because he is dead. She wouldn't cry and start talking about how he was the only person who really knew her if he was just injured. And he never appears again in the game, even though it's on disc 1. Reno, a fellow turk who received injuries, appeared later in the game after receiving them and being absent for a while, so why not Tseng? Also, what Elena says in Icicle Inn "But you really got guts doin' my boss in like that!" seems conclusive. 'Doing someone in' means killing them. Square must have changed their mind for plot reasons (Not sending Elena into the North Crater alone?) I suppose.

DMKA
09-17-2005, 03:29 AM
It's pretty obvious, to me at least, that Tseng died. After the scene where you talk to him at the entrance of Temple of the Ancients, Aeris cries because he is dead. She wouldn't cry and start talking about how he was the only person who really knew her if he was just injured. And he never appears again in the game, even though it's on disc 1. Reno, a fellow turk who received injuries, appeared later in the game after receiving them and being absent for a while, so why not Tseng? Also, what Elena says in Icicle Inn "But you really got guts doin' my boss in like that!" seems conclusive. 'Doing someone in' means killing them. Square must have changed their mind for plot reasons (Not sending Elena into the North Crater alone?) I suppose.
No, if you go back and talk to him repeatedly before you use the keystone to enter the temple he'll say "I'm not dead yet". He didn't die right there.

BackRoomKid
09-17-2005, 06:14 AM
yea, aeris wasn't actually there to see him die

just like that one guy with Scarlet, they CLAIMED Rufus was dead but was never there to witness the death

okay, not i know what Senpai is...one more question, vince said "Shion" or something like that...is that a translation of "Tseng"? or another "superior?"

Squall of SeeD
09-17-2005, 07:48 AM
okay, not i know what Senpai is...one more question, vince said "Shion" or something like that...is that a translation of "Tseng"? or another "superior?"

It's one [rather bad] way of spelling Tseng's name, yes. "Zeng" is another [actually accurate] way you may see it, as well "Zion" (another poor one).

DMKA
09-17-2005, 07:59 AM
one more question, vince said "Shion" or something like that...is that a translation of "Tseng"? or another "superior?"
That had me confused aswell.

Winter Nights
09-17-2005, 11:10 AM

It's one [rather bad] way of spelling Tseng's name, yes. "Zeng" is another [actually accurate] way you may see it, as well "Zion" (another poor one).

Ah... That's what we get with fansubs, I guess.

Dreddz
09-17-2005, 11:49 AM
The victory theme on loz's phone was cool.....

BackRoomKid
09-18-2005, 01:01 AM
watched this scene over again:

http://img122.exs.cx/img122/4483/capture33gq.jpg

that looks TOO MUCH like a hand...that has to be deliberate

Shlup
09-18-2005, 01:34 AM
Uhm, all of the above... I enjoyed the sound track too; especially the battle music.

Medeskeys
09-18-2005, 05:40 AM
That looks nothing like a hand :[

tan
09-18-2005, 05:58 AM
I thought when Vincent came and said "where's a phone salesman" was pretty funny because earlier they asked him if he had a phone :p

Winter Nights
09-19-2005, 12:02 AM
That looks nothing like a hand :[
Indeed. I see rocks.

Wilder
09-19-2005, 07:00 AM
The picture actually looks like 2 hands crossed fingers, but is that is a face is kind of ugly.

Great moments :
-THE NEW ONE WINGED ANGEL ROCK REMIX that was the highest point on the movie, my heart begins to beat faster, even faster from there.
- Bahamut fight, awesome and resembling old times.
- well.. ALL the fights , I think the movie was based on the fights, fight after fight after fight , at least those are super great.
- The victory ringtone !!!!!
- Kind of funny the credits, Itīs really true that it got something related to the 2nd ending on ff7 ?
- the music , OH GOD THE MUSIC, OH GODDD.
- I think this is the best animated movie in the history, Iīll ve very dissapointed if it donīt receive well deserve awards.
- Tifa, I just love tifa.
- And some more that I cant remenber.

low moments :
- the man on the wheelchair, I thought It was going to be a mistery trough the whole movie, but it was like... hello Iīm rufus.
- 10 min fights and then the dialogs, who are they ?, who was you fighting ?, I donīt know he just came trough the door.
- The plot, It was great but not what I expected, It was pretty basic, basic but confusing as well, And the movie end to be a "FF7 fan only", those who didnīt play the game are going to enjoy the action scenes but going to be like "who is that guy, who is that girl, who is that other guy , oh my god I fell lost".
- cute happy ending, donīt like those

I loved the movie maybe because it bring me back memories from countless hours of FF7 , but it for itself look so great and sound amazing.

TheAbominatrix
09-19-2005, 07:07 AM
There is no second ending of Final Fantasy VII.

Also, the wheelchair man's identity was revealed months before the movie came out.

Wilder
09-19-2005, 07:26 AM
Well I didnīt read any kind of spoilers but I guess it was worthless. I know there was no 2nd ending, but in early stages the game was supossed to have one ,well thats not important, what I want to know is if that scene is just merely entertaiment, or was some part of the old game that dinīt make it.

TheAbominatrix
09-19-2005, 07:32 AM
You mean the 'Aerith was supposed to be revived' rumor? There was no ending like that planned. There wasnt anything different planned in any significant stage. It's just entertainment.

Sephiroth_Lionhear88
09-19-2005, 02:14 PM
i loved almost every part of reno when he smashed rudes glasses when he punched rude in the face and when cloud locked him out and he was whining if he could come in :D LOL
and they didn't ask vincent if he had a phone he asked for the phonesalesman because he lost his phone in the forest it fell in the water:D

lone_berserker
09-28-2005, 02:47 AM
Lolz i new the hooded guy in the wheel chair was rufus like when the AC trailers came out on the net back in the day XD.

Ceil
09-28-2005, 02:52 AM
I like when they call their conversation on the airship "guy talk" and Yuffie screams "DISCRIMINATION!"

I also like the 7th Heaven logo ;)

And just a question, what's the kanji on Reno's (and mebbe Rude's, but I never saw it) weapon mean? There's a character within a red circle on it.

=Angelus=
09-28-2005, 08:58 AM
Probaby said before, but...
+When Reno attempts to sneak attack Cloud, but ends up outside the door

+Reno trying to get in the conversation while outside the door :p

+The Piano Battle theme when Tifa was fighting Loz

+Seeing Blade Beam

+Seeing the same symbols when you use summon materia (summon crest?), when Kadaj was summoning Bahamut Shin (this was in that blue circle around his hand)

+Yuffie's Hip girl look, loved her shirt :D

+Cloud sending Loz away by opening his bike's weapon compartment

+Reno and Rude still rock, at the bombing scene :love:

Winter Nights
09-28-2005, 09:17 AM
Heh.. Just about every scene with Reno and Rude was awesome. Yuffie wasn't anoying, unlike her game counterpart, and her bit on the Highwind was pretty funny. Vincent was hardcore, as usual. Loved every second of the soundtrack too.

=Angelus=
09-28-2005, 02:41 PM
i thought Cid changed his "Lvl 5 limit break" to Sierra? :p

Winter Nights
09-28-2005, 02:43 PM
He said the "New" Sierra. I think it was just a bad translation.

meowwl
09-28-2005, 07:00 PM
Heh...Nobody's noticed that when he says the airships name it sounds more like "Shera" than Sierra yet...it's just bad romaji.
I loved it when the kid sticks his fingers up Reno's nose. The part where Yazoo shoots off Cloud's goggles was wicked. But I think the funniest part is where he's floating in the light and just after calls Aeris "Mother"..and she says that she doesn't need a kid as big as this one! :D I love the new version of OWA, and really wish I could get the lyrics and a translation...I can't find the NEW lyrics anywhere...Oh, and the absolutely priceless expression on Sephy's lovely face as Cloud's sword splits for the omnislash...the one that just screams "Oh crap..not again!" :p The thing on Reno and Rude's weapons is the Shinra logo...see?

KoShiatar
09-28-2005, 09:28 PM
I think Shera and Sierra are just alternate romanizations standing for the same name.

Ceil
09-28-2005, 09:59 PM
Thanks meowwl o/ I just saw a white(ish) character on the red circle and didn't know what it was.

crono_logical
09-29-2005, 02:19 AM
I watched it for the eye-candy, so all the highlights for me will be CG-based :p Some I can remember are:

- Bahamut's claws scratching away the scaffolding/edge of the building when he lands on one sideways before turning around

- Yuffie landing precisely on Bahamut's moving left arm after one of her attacks before somersaulting off again

- The whole bike chase scene

- The fight with Sephiroth whilst they're falling amongst that collapsing building, must have taken good planning to work out a decent looking swordfight in those unusual conditions :p The way Sephiroth reacted to his balance being suddenly disrupted during that scene too when one of the platforms they were standing on broke in half (before they're fighting with one of them upside-down) looked pretty realistic too

- Cloud's briefly smiles ever so slightly when you see the airship leaving him to fight on his own in the background after the rest of the guys decided to leave him alone. That's probably the best one as far as subtlety goes :D

Masamune·1600
09-29-2005, 07:18 AM
As Necro originally noted, the bit with Rude and the extra pair of sunglasses was brilliant. Reno and Rude worked particluarly well as a duo, I felt.

Rufus recaptured a lot of his mystique when he unveiled himself, threw the head of JENOVA off the building, and fired at it on the way down.

I thought the bit with Aeris and Zack at the end was particularly effective, since it reminded me of the "Aeris ghost" glitch in the original game.

Every single battle was choreographed brilliantly. From the battle at the Forgotten Capital to the fight with Bahamut SHIN (TREMOR) to the bike chase through the tunnel...amazing. Nothing could top the completely over the top battle between Cloud and Sephiroth, though, especially when punctuated with Omnislash Version 5.

I was glad they included the Prologue/Final Fantasy in the Ending Theme. It's always nice to hear.

Magnus
09-29-2005, 11:36 PM
I liked the part where cloud smiles as his friends fly off, makes him seem more like a badass :P. I also liked how the creators made the 6 piece sword that resembled the buster sword in its final form. In the trailers and such his sword was normal and looked like a new and regular buster sword.

and they didn't ask vincent if he had a phone he asked for the phonesalesman because he lost his phone in the forest it fell in the water:D

Also in this scene marlene runs up to cloud and said she wants to talk with tifa, and cloud looks for his phone but cant find it. You can also see it fall out when he gets nocked down by kadaj in their fight. You also know its his because it repeats messages left on it to him from barret and tifa and such. ALSO Marlene ask vincent specificly if he had one and he holds up his cape to show her he has no pockets. So yea it wasnt vincents it was clouds... Just thought I would point that out :P.

One_WinGed_d3mon
10-03-2005, 02:20 AM
if i remembered correctly in the teaser trailer, clouds sword wasnt 6 form into 1, it looks exactly like the buster sword but more silver and shiny, they did alot of stuff fixed, if u watch the first trailer they released, if u have realised that none of the scene u see was shown in the movie.

Anyways my favourte would be rufus pulling off his cloak revealinghis face, man that was badass when he pulls out his gun

FFX_fanatiq
10-12-2005, 03:02 AM
Uh
the part with kadaj
the other part with kadaj :fplove:
the part were kadaj kicks the dirt
uses his cell phone
smirks
laughs
goes in the water
bends down infront of &@&(@&
:love: sorry hehee

oh and when kadaj
throws the cards down and says "swear it on this"

I guess it's all kadaj...uhm no wait!

i loved the part with tifa in the flowers when she bends down and smiles at marlene
GORGEOUS GRAPHICS DAMN