PDA

View Full Version : My problems with Xenosaga 2

The Last Ancient
09-14-2005, 01:25 AM
Ok I think Xenogears is the best game ever made. I think Xenosaga 1 is a great game, completely different but good. One of the many reasons 2 is not nearly as good is that 4 of the main characters have different voices. Shion, Momo, Kosmos, and Chaos all have different voice actors and none better then the originial. Not to mention: Tony, Shelley, Mary, Wilhelm, Jin, Vanderkam, Kevin, Hammer, Juli Mizrahi, Nephilim. That leaves Jr, ziggy, albedo and gaignun(same guy), captain matthews, and allen. I mean how can you do a sequel with almost none of the originial voice actors. It made it nearly impossible for me to really get into it (that and the new look) plus the fact that much of the story is boring as /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif. Maybe there are some voice actor union things that got in the way, I don't know, but you can't do that /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif and expect people to get into it.

Vyk
09-14-2005, 02:30 AM
I haven't tried the second, but I can empathize with you. I'd imagine I'd feel the same way. They changed the look of people, the voices of people, the style of battles. It'd be like a completely different universe with just a few key similarities. Though I heard they had a rough time in the middle of creation. One of the main writers jumped ship. Threw everything out of whack somehow. But that should only affect the story. All that other stuff is just retarded. It sucks, I was hoping that at some point they could lead up to the unbridled drama and gripping plot of Xenogears. Since they can't make them technically related, I believe the plan was to place Episode 5 of Saga in the same era as Gears. So there was hope that they could rekindle their quality. But based on these two games, they're going downward instead of up. Sad really. I guess we'll have to wait for someone else to try to meet on par with Xenogears ^_^

Destai
09-14-2005, 05:07 PM
Aside from Kos-Mos I think all the voice actors improved and the story was just as boring in episode I if you ask me. I found both stories interesting but I thought II's was more entertaining to watch.

Dreddz
09-14-2005, 07:13 PM
Wonder why Xenosaga 2 is all in the limelight again ?