PDA

View Full Version : EoFF reviews Sin City

Nick Schovitz
09-14-2005, 02:14 AM
Let's talk about the movie and the books, I've never read the books but the movie is great I like Kevin he's like one ogf the best villians IK already posted a pic of him in the villians thread, the best story in Sin City was the one with the cop remember the yellow bastard?http://www.stallonezone.com/z091004yellow.jpg

Black Mage FF1
09-14-2005, 02:56 AM
I loved this movie. All of the stories were great and very entertaining. But I agree that the one with Bruce/Alba was the best. Bruce was a badass and Jessica Alba was HOT. Alba = Hottest Actress today.

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/9885/sincity4io2gk.gif

Oh and there were books? O.o

I might have to check those out.

Skarr
09-14-2005, 03:04 AM
finally...i was woundering if i was the only person on this forum that liked sin city....man i love it...all the stories rock...my favorite from the movie is the hard goodbye
http://interactive.usc.edu/members/bnewman/archives/sin_city.jpg

Vyk
09-14-2005, 04:11 AM
Is that out on DVD yet, or when is it coming out? I missed it in theaters. But from what I hear, its something I need to see ^_^

fire_of_avalon
09-14-2005, 05:20 AM
It's out on DVD, it's super great. Everyone should see it. I'm going to read the books next. Yay me.

ViVincent
09-14-2005, 05:42 AM
I just saw this movie a couple weeks ago. It is a great movie that is filled with some funny quotes too. My personal favorite being: "Thats a damn fine coat you're wearin"

The guy then procedes to kill the person and take their coat....MMMM good movie i wanna go buy it!

Reles
09-14-2005, 06:01 AM
My favorite movie this year, hence the avatar of alexis bledel. Much love alexis. <3

Vyk
09-14-2005, 06:04 AM
That's who that is? She was awesome in Tuck Everlasting I think it was

krissy
09-14-2005, 06:30 AM
comics are cool, nver seen the movie

Karl
09-14-2005, 07:46 AM
was the movie drawn or acted? and what was it about? those commercials were so vague

Channing
09-14-2005, 08:06 AM
It was animated at some points in the film. A little bit of both actually Some parts were supported by comic visuals, ect.

I liked it, all except the ripping of the yellow guys wiener. :( That sort of..... Yeowch!

KoShiatar
09-14-2005, 12:16 PM
I'm a fan of the Sin City comic (it's not a book).
I think Frank Miller, the author, is one of the most particular comic artists we have today, and his drawings are real pieces of art. You should definitely take all a look of it (but I warn you, sin City has a very mature content both for sex, swearing, violence and whatever).
Look at the way he uses the contrasts of shadow and light, black and white.
Not to talk about the stories, dark and awesome.
If you liked the movie, get the comic. I'll bet you'll find it even better.

Chris
09-14-2005, 12:18 PM
I liked it. That's really it. Nothing fancy, classic or whatever, just liked it.

Ashley Schovitz
09-14-2005, 01:35 PM
Yeah remember Kevin he was weird he ate people and when Marv killed him he was just staring. And the one with the hooker gang that was interesting.

Skarr
09-14-2005, 04:35 PM
i don't think the chicks of old town would like being called a hooker gang...even though they are

Dreddz
09-14-2005, 07:09 PM
its a great movie, bit gory, and I found bits scary at times ( kevin gave me nighmares ). And Bruce is great.
Poors goldie :(
Im not really looking forward to part 2 though, because Bruces character commits sucide

Nick Schovitz
09-18-2005, 03:36 AM
What was the deal with the guy in the very begginning and end, I don't understand.

MecaKane
09-18-2005, 04:20 AM
He was an assassin. Notice how Becky sold out the Old Town Girls and then he meets her?

And the next one is supposed to be another one with Marv, so maybe Hartigan will have another story from before the start of his story, if there were any more comics with him in it. With Micheal Madson too even, huzzah.