PDA

View Full Version : Weird people in MMO's

fantasyjunkie
09-14-2005, 09:39 AM
What kind of strange people have you met in an MMO? I once knew this dude in Ultima Online that told me Ultima online wasn't a game, it was real life. He would log on and wait outside my virtual house literally for hours, waiting for me to log on. I would make another character(you can make 5 per server), go to my house and he would demand to know what I was doing at his friends house(he didnt know it was me). Weird.

cookieface
09-14-2005, 10:08 AM
And yet it was all in good fun! But seriously, I think anyone who plays those games is weird. I've witnessed World of Warcraft weirdness that I dare not speak of.

Miriel
09-14-2005, 10:11 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/hannahgoesrawr/oops2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/hannahgoesrawr/oops4.jpg

Yeah, this Bleys Reynard dude is pretty weird.

Rostum
09-14-2005, 10:17 AM
I wish Reynard was on my server. ; ;

Markus. D
09-14-2005, 12:48 PM
hmmm.... Some Gms from maple story are downright skieters.

Shlup
09-14-2005, 02:16 PM
When my boyfriend and I play Guild Wars he competes with me to see who's character gets hit on more. He's totally gay. :(

Hawkeye
09-14-2005, 02:45 PM
I think I'm that wierdo on MxO and FFXI

Shoeberto
09-14-2005, 08:27 PM
You can't play a female character in Guild Wars without having some creepy-ass person come up and look straight at you. Seriously.

I mess around with people in GW a bit, just for fun...like typing /guitar and saying stuff like "Behold! I play a guitar made not of solid matter, but of...AIR!" Dumb stuff like that.

Lindy
09-14-2005, 08:29 PM
People call me a "12 year old noob" for playing a Night Elf Rogue in WoW.

Then again, that IS shortly after they're laying on the ground in front of me having been downed in about ten seconds.

Man, I normally hate PvP, but it's actually fun in the right circumstances.

zomg nref teh rouges!!!111

ZeZipster
09-14-2005, 09:12 PM
Guys use to come on to me a lot in FFXI. Quite aggrivating, but easily taken advantage in some situations. I had no idea guys were so desperate...

That's my cue to hang my head in shame.

Lionx
09-15-2005, 12:18 AM
http://www.vgcats.com/comics/images/050706.jpg

Rengori
09-15-2005, 12:21 AM
When I first played Run Escape, I met some weirdo who played for more than 1 day. This was just about the point I snapped and quit.

Mo-Nercy
09-15-2005, 12:24 AM
Ah, vgcats, so many life lessons learnt.

Spammerman
09-15-2005, 12:37 AM
When I first played Run Escape, I met some weirdo who played for more than 1 day. This was just about the point I snapped and quit.
Rune Scape

Rengori
09-15-2005, 12:37 AM
Same thing.

Ryth
09-15-2005, 01:31 AM

Yeah on the first day I was...

1. Led into the wilderness by a guy and attacked by him (he was level 30-40 something)

2. Abandoned me

3, Lost my connection in there and died.

4, Broke my PC

5. Bough new PC

Now I'm broke V_V Damn Run Escape

Markus. D
09-15-2005, 05:58 AM
in my newb runefull days, i asked someone where to get a pickaxe (dumb idea of me)

my me and my newbie ways, were told to get to the end of the wilderness.....

i dont think i have to finish telling the story for you to see what happened...

Raistlin
09-15-2005, 06:06 AM
Old school Ultima Online = love.

There was this girl character in my guild. She went around asking everyone to marry her (in game, of course). She even asked me, but I said no. I learned a few weeks later that she was a guy.

That's the weirdest one I can remember, off the top of my head.

Vermachtnis
09-16-2005, 02:50 AM
When I played Gunbound there were these three people using girl skin and they made many weird euphomisums (sp?) for my tree body. It was kinda funny till some guy that takes the game way to serius reported them. I dunno who the weird one is me, the girls, or that stupid guy for not having a sence of humour.

Markus. D
09-16-2005, 07:53 AM
lionx's 2nd last comic window thing, is one type of a "weird person" in an mmo.

Captain Maxx Power
09-16-2005, 11:46 AM
Darn, my post done got eaten. Best recap.

In GW, I hit on my male friend, Dwarven Ale, transexual musings, I'm a wierdo in MMOs.

...What?

Tidus Andronicus
09-16-2005, 02:33 PM
wow... well here is a screen shot of a really weird person I encountered while playing Maple Story...
Keep in mind that I've encountered a lot weirder... many times... but this was the only time I screenshoted it. =3

Maple Story is filled with people, usually 10yo, just like this...@_@ most of them are worse, and do things like defame you for no reason... or follow you and ks...>_>

Raistlin
09-16-2005, 02:50 PM
This is EoFF member Doomgaze and I talking on AIM while playing UO. He was provoking daemons to attack each other, but not having much luck, as the daemons would constantly heal, and they have a huge supply of mana. Doomy's character was also fairly new, so had a pathetic magery skill. I remember my stomach hurt from laughing so hard during this convo.

New Age Retro DG: both are almost redlined...
New Age Retro DG: *med*
New Age Retro DG: ..fuck stop healing xD
WesM 118: xD
New Age Retro DG: STOP
New Age Retro DG: IT
New Age Retro DG: fuckers >o
WesM 118: Hahahaha
New Age Retro DG: DRAGON GAH >O

DJZen
09-17-2005, 08:44 AM
I meet all kinds of weird people in FFXI. They don't like subligar. I can't understand that kind of crazy talk. And they say all kinds of weird things like "OMG TORREN STOP SAYING NAUGHTY THINGS WITH AUTOTRANSLATOR!" and "Why are you sitting on his corpse's face?" and the one I understand least, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO THAT SHEEP?! THAT'S DISGUSTING!!!!!"

Weirdos...

Markus. D
09-17-2005, 03:02 PM
hmmm.... i ddnt get a screenie but...
(on maple story)

me: So, how is everyone today
pq leader: STFU we dont need a warrior
me: well, for puzzles im kinda good...
pq leader: you suck, warriors suck
me: okay....
pq leader: fine, be that way, go run, and leave right now you sissy n00b head
me: let my assassin and friends come to you every now and then and mass defame you till you apologize for calling me a n00b.
pq leader: you dont have an assassin, your a n00b
me: ... youll see....
pq leader: *uses smile emote* *defames me*
me: *smiles* *walks over to nella*
pq leader: great... now we need a new member.
(me has been expelled from party)
me: *gets assassin and friends*
me: *waits with friends till stupid head pq leader appears on ch.1*
me: theres the snob himself....
me and friends: *commits mass defame* there, proof enough....
pq leader: awwww, im reporting you for hacking.

that was a little random at the end

Spammerman
09-19-2005, 03:06 AM

Yeah on the first day I was...

1. Led into the wilderness by a guy and attacked by him (he was level 30-40 something)

2. Abandoned me

3, Lost my connection in there and died.

4, Broke my PC

5. Bough new PC

Now I'm broke V_V Damn Run Escape
Rune Scape.