PDA

View Full Version : My review on eastern eye thread.

Markus. D
09-14-2005, 12:31 PM
i will try to do one once a week as i have been thouroghly getting into them.
excuse the grammar/spelling errors.

1st review: Azumi.
Genre: Action
Sub-Genre: Drama
Rated: R-18+ medium level of violence.

Story 3.5/5: I't all begins when a little girl is sitting down and smileing next to her (supposed) mother who is lieing dead on the ground.
A man in a hat covering his facial expression walks up to her with 3 to 4 kids following him.
He whispers to this girl, and she rejects his request and smiles some more.
once a child (who in a short time later when there all grown up, are girlfriend and boyfriend) male walks up to her, he persuades her to follow them, they both take one more look at the mother, and walk off.

time quickly fast forwards and shes all grown up, she now has a sword in her hand, her along with her few friends are training to be elite assassins with havent acctually have killing someone yet.
they are awoken the next day by their teacher.
they are sent outside early and are given one more test... to kill eachother to prove they are up to being an assassin.

(follow on to sub section in story, emotion)

emotion:actually, this is quite a powerful movie, its full on from when they are given the "test", this is bloody violent, so dont show this to your kids.

action 4/5: unlike say... kill bill for an example, this is not random killing (yeeooow i love movies with stuff like that) and there all related to differant events that happen in the movie.
there are some nice stunts, all mainly done by the actress that plays this "azumi" figure and they all look super awesome.
but all the action scenes/stunts... seem somewhat fake in a way which is very rare in the modern movie world.

Effects/Visual/backgrounds/props 4/5:

effects: mediocre, but the blood is so awesome and realistic.
visuals/backgrounds props: you can tell most of this is.... trash.... water looks fake, some backgrounds look painted (i mean... you can really tell).
but the props are realistic, almost surreal really, weapons are almost perfectly real looking, very nicely done.

music 5/5: oooh dear, this music is very nice to the ear, very dramatic and perfectly suited in each situation in the movie that its played in.

overall: its a great full on action movie, nice story and perfect characters... exept for a select few ovcourse.

buy or rent: rent.