PDA

View Full Version : You're all fired!

Shlup
09-14-2005, 02:27 PM
Why am I just now hearing that Bob Denver died from another message board? Bob Denver died on September 2nd and no one made a thread for him. ;_________________________;

http://www.triviatribute.com/images4/bobdenver2.jpg

He died from complications following surgery for throat cancer at the age of 70. And I am a sad panda. :fpsad:

DK
09-14-2005, 02:33 PM
I would have made this thread but I have no idea who this man is. Bye, Bob.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-14-2005, 02:47 PM
I think I heard about this on Too Late with Adam Carolla.

Chris
09-14-2005, 02:52 PM
He sure has a purty face [X]

:(

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-14-2005, 02:58 PM
I think people aren't inclined to care because Denver really hadn't accomplished a single thing since Gilligan's Island ended in 1967. Even his Wikipedia biography skips from 1975 (acting in Far Out Space Nuts, a.k.a. Gilligan's Island in space) to 1998 (arrested for marijuana sent to his home by Mary Ann) to 2005 (croak).

What's going to stick with people is the character of Gilligan. It's not as if Denver was such a charming comedy genius that no one else could have provided the role, so Who Played Gilligan will remain trivia.

eestlinc
09-16-2005, 07:58 PM
yea really. level of caring = zero.

XxSephirothxX
09-16-2005, 08:01 PM
Oh yeah, I saw that on the morning news one day. I've never really had a chance to see much of Gilligan's Island, so I wasn't that affected by his death.

Flamethrower
09-16-2005, 08:29 PM
My only memory of him besides Gilligian was his appearance on South Park on Jesus' talk show.

Jesus: Beginning today, we're taking the show in a new direction. We've got some very interesting people coming on the show this week for you, our viewers. Today's guest is TV's Gilligan. Mr. Bob Denver.
Announcer: And here's uh Booooobbb Denver.
Jesus: Hi, Bob Denver.
Bob: Hi, Jesus. Great to be here ahem.
*long pause*
Jesus: So. Bob. So, you just get in town?
Bob: Yep. Just got in.
*another pause*
Jesus: So. Um. So, what have you been up to?
Bob: Um...nothing. Nothing really at all.
Jesus: [cynically] Oh boy.

R.I.P. Bob