PDA

View Full Version : I saw Advent Kids. (SPOILERS)

Madonna
09-14-2005, 07:34 PM
An entire post of spoilers. Beware.

I saw the Advent Kids. That was special. I liked the main dude, Crowd, and the fights he had with Sephiros One, Two, and Three. Leno, Lude, and Erena were nice, but what was up with Seng? I heard that he died in the Advent Game. I expected Rufus to be some old dude, but he kind of defied my expectations there. He had a double-barreled something, and that was pretty awesome. The original cast of Advent Game was just awesome awesome (which is double awesome, if you didn't get that), 'cause Ballet definitely does not tango and nor would you want to with him, Shido is a lot cooler than the Shido in Getbackers (and a crazy mothersmurfer to boot; jumping on that dragon's back? I mean, really.), Red was...red. So was Vincent's cape; red, that is. There was a cat on the cat's back! But, yeah, and paratrooper Yuffay was like a skyninja; I thought those were extinct. Tifa is like Konoha's Green Beast; she totally could do Sasuke's, Naruto's, or Lee's Rendan. I can't believe Squaresoft would make such a ripoff character.

Back to the dragon. What was with that thing? It's face was made out of stone. Or that's the impression I got. I liked how the team works within the Advent Crew; everyone gave Crowd the boost he needed to reach the dragon (who was way, way up in the sky 'cause he was going to do his blue flare attack), but what's up with that pink girl? She looks like a ghost from Crowd's past. I wonder if the others know about her. But again, back to the blue flare attack; I did figure that the Sephiros siblings wouldn't kill the kids since they spent so much time teaching the kids to bathe (something the kids did not learn, as evinced by how easily the dirt washes away in the end of the movie.), but I was wrong. They got the kids, couldn't teach them to bathe, so decided to kill them while they tore down a statue. Because it had a head. And it was freaky how they summoned those beasts from the ground; it wasn't a specific ground they needed to do that, as I expected sand monsters or something, but they were wholely something else.

Kind of bugs me that the whole thing was about aliens. So Crowd's an alien, the Sephiros siblings are aliens, and Mom is an alien. They go around (without Crowd) and kill planets and take their energy. Way to rip off Lavos; I can't believe Enix would make such a ripoff character (or group of 'em). I guess the Sephiroses are like Lavos Spawn. I do know they stab people if they can get away with it.

Oh, oh, that's something else that got to me! The head thing; what the smurf. "Hey, it's been two years, so let's head back to Cratered North and get that head we need for the plot." Shouldn't you have done that as soon as you humanely could? Like when Crowd and Co. beated the original Sephiros (kind of like the Sephiros siblings' dad)? Why wait two years? Did you think the head was going to wait for you? It did, but that was tempting fate.

Leno and Lude were definitely some of the gold in Advent Kids. You think that they're all badass in the beginning, but then they get beat up by one Sephiros kid and beat each other up with batons. Very impressive. The more impressive part came when they saved a few kids when they could and then busted out their fighting moves against the other two Sephiros triplets. Leno was freaking amazing for a human; Sephiros Two and Three were aliens, but Leno climbed that building like a monkey after a banana and fought on upon getting to the top. Really good bananas there.

Huh, anything else I can think of? Oh, yeah, the battle with Mr. Sephiros. Seems the dude was hiding in Sephiros Kid One all the time; he just needed a decaptitated head to complete the fusion. Apparently Sephiros One's head wasn't enough. I liked the battle the dragon, but the battle against Sephiros was a bit much. They cut every building in Midgar in half, and did it while it was all falling down. Sephiros's sword was a mile long and Crowd's was a mile thick. I think that last battle was pretty phallic. Guess that's why it "rained" in the end.

That's my take on it. Good flick, all in all.

Winter Nights
09-14-2005, 08:25 PM
Nice review, but... What.. The.. Fuck?

Rostum
09-15-2005, 12:42 AM
What the hell?

Flying Mullet
09-16-2005, 01:50 PM
Kind of bugs me that the whole thing was about aliens. So Crowd's an alien, the Sephiros siblings are aliens, and Mom is an alien.
They're not aliens, they're athiests. Looks like your sound might be arfed up.

Sephiroth_Lionhear88
09-16-2005, 02:14 PM
is it just me or did he turn all the R's into L's and the other way around :D

i mean Crowd and ballet

Madonna
09-16-2005, 08:48 PM
I guess this thread makes more questions than answers, it looks like. :\ I was hoping for the other way around.

Medeskeys
09-17-2005, 01:38 AM
Well you should have played FFVII or at least known some of the most basic aspects of the story before watching a movie that is based entirely on the story of FFVII.

-N-
09-17-2005, 03:55 AM
You should watch Advent Fathers. It's a bonus option.

TurkSlayer
09-17-2005, 04:19 AM
Advent Third Cousins is far better.

Dreddz
09-17-2005, 11:58 AM
wtf ?

Madonna
09-17-2005, 05:24 PM
Yeah, see, the lot of you are confusing. Half these replies aren't even helpful. It's all fine and well that you're thinking "wtf?" but it's hardly a contribution. Thank you to Neel and TurkSlayer for their recommendations; I haven't found any sites pertaining to either Advent Fathers or Third Cousins, but I am on the lookout.

I didn't know that the Sephiros kids were atheists; thanks FM.

It may just be me, but Sephiros returning from the dead (he's dead, right?) means he must be an unsent. It makes sense.

Craig
09-17-2005, 05:36 PM
Now if only Omega Yuna would perform the Final Summoning. Then the rest of Ivalice could live in piece from the evil Necromecia.

TurkSlayer
09-17-2005, 05:38 PM
Now if only Omega Yuna would perform the Final Summoning. Then the rest of Ivalice could live in piece from the evil Necromecia.

But then wouldn't Ruby Kefka just destroy Terra and rule the world from Zemusecia?