PDA

View Full Version : FFIV finally goes to the GBA

Pages : [1] 2

EmeraldWeaponluvsRuby
09-15-2005, 01:21 AM
http://gameboy.ign.com/articles/650/650891p1.html

Not surprised, since it also came out for the Wonderswan, like FFI and FFII did.

omnitarian
09-15-2005, 02:09 AM
Well, I certainly wasn't expecting that one. :-/ I guess I'll wait and see what stuff they'll be adding on.

Paul
09-15-2005, 02:18 AM
interesting. i might get this instead of anthology now, cuz i hear the ps2 version of iv is pretty slow.

is it going to be hardtype i wonder... probably, right?

also i wish they'd release FF3 on GBA. i don't want a DS...

Takara
09-15-2005, 02:41 AM
:eek:

Must get a new Gameboy Advance since mine is dead!

DJZen
09-15-2005, 03:39 AM
CAN I GET A WITNESS!!!!

ljkkjlcm9
09-15-2005, 03:42 AM
CAN I GET A WITNESS!!!!
HELL YEAH!!!

THE JACKEL

XxSephirothxX
09-15-2005, 03:45 AM
http://eyesonff.com
*Nods*

TheAbominatrix
09-15-2005, 06:34 AM
Yaaaaaaaay! I cant wait to see what it what extras (if any) it will have.

Rase
09-15-2005, 06:43 AM
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Well, that made my week. :D

boys from the dwarf
09-15-2005, 07:28 AM
i realy hope they do one for FF3

Sephex
09-15-2005, 07:39 AM
About time. I hope they add something new to it, though! Either way, I'm getting this. It's my destiny!

GooeyToast
09-15-2005, 11:01 PM
They should release both the easy and hard mode....or something in-between.

crashNUMBERS
09-16-2005, 02:40 AM
About time. I hope they add something new to it, though! Either way, I'm getting this. It's my destiny!
Same here. But if they add something new the can utterly mess up the whole game that is one of the best FF's ever...

DJZen
09-16-2005, 03:16 AM
I'm guessing you'll be able to save anywhere and it'll have the WSC version graphics.

Crossblades
09-16-2005, 03:20 AM
Why was my post deleted?

GooeyToast
09-16-2005, 03:36 AM
It happened to me earlier as well. I don't think anything was targeted at you.

we had a server switch, IPs had to be updated, and a few posts were lost.

Takara
09-16-2005, 05:25 AM
I am hoping that the new content will not be too harmful to the original storyline, to be honest, and that while it may clarify a few things, it will still leave enough of it openend for our own interpretations.

I've heard rumours of new areas, characters, and abilities. Hopefully, by new abilities, they mean the ones like Dark Wave, Regen, and Pray that were not included in the SNES version but were in Chronicles.

Anyway, guess we'll have to wait and see. I'm not going to complain until I play the game. Chances are it will be greater than I expect.

Captain Maxx Power
09-16-2005, 11:28 AM
Maxx Power would like to see:

- A re-translation
- Easy/Hard settings
- Dummy items back in
- Reworked graphics
- Spoony Bard comment MUST remain

Cheers.

crashNUMBERS
09-16-2005, 12:50 PM
Yeah I'd hate if they changed it to "Spoony Bitch!!" or "Spoony child!!" for the kid's...

Flying Mullet
09-16-2005, 01:56 PM
interesting. i might get this instead of anthology now, cuz i hear the ps2 version of iv is pretty slow.
You're thinking of FFVI, not FFIV.

Anything that's portable and is cartridge based for a speed improvement is good for me. :)

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-16-2005, 02:43 PM
I've heard rumours of new areas, characters, and abilities. Hopefully, by new abilities, they mean the ones like Dark Wave, Regen, and Pray that were not included in the SNES version but were in Chronicles.I hope that's not what it means, because those abilities aren't new in any regard.

Crossblades
09-16-2005, 07:46 PM
I've heard rumours of new areas, characters, and abilities. Hopefully, by new abilities, they mean the ones like Dark Wave, Regen, and Pray that were not included in the SNES version but were in Chronicles.

It's no rumor. Here's the link

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/09/14/news_6133242.html

What they mean is, they'll have new characters with different abilities. In other words, they won't use Black Magic, White Magic, Jump, Summon, etc. If it's abilities from other FF games, we'll probably see Blue Magic, Knight Abilities, Samurai abilities, etc.

Sasquatch
09-16-2005, 08:19 PM
New areas nad new characters with different abilities...I wonder how they'll incorporate new areas and characters in with the storyline? How much will it change? Will you be able to choose party members? I'm really looking forward to this.

KoShiatar
09-16-2005, 09:18 PM
I won't say anything until I've seen it.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-16-2005, 09:22 PM
I expect the new characters with their new abilities will just appear in a Soul of Rebirth-like epilogue. We'll see, though.

DJZen
09-16-2005, 09:24 PM
Maybe it just means you can play as Golbez now.

I think a new translation is inevitable. I just hope they use the same team that translated Dawn of Souls! PUDDING PRINCESS OR GTFO!!!!!1

crashNUMBERS
09-16-2005, 09:34 PM
Golbez would be cool...

Flying Mullet
09-16-2005, 09:39 PM
They can always insert new playable characters into the story when your party doesn't have five characters. Perhaps a new comrade of Cecil's and Kain's that is with you until you get Yang on Mt. Hobs and he sacrifices himself on the way up? Or maybe another spy along with Palom and Porom that stays with you until anywhere up until your return to Baron?

crashNUMBERS
09-16-2005, 09:47 PM
That's too much. That'd be a little cramed and it'll make it suck...

DJZen
09-16-2005, 09:47 PM
More dark knights to accompany you to Mist >:)

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-16-2005, 09:50 PM
I think the extra content will certainly be optional, as it was in FFI and FFII. I can't imagine them forcing new characters and all.

crashNUMBERS
09-16-2005, 09:53 PM
It'd be kick ass if they let you fill up the spot's like what FM said but what if you can do the same but choose classes?? 2 Dark knigh's, Cecil, Rydia, and tellah!! :3

Rase
09-17-2005, 12:11 AM
I'm gonna go with hoping that they include the original version, with simply a more realistic translation, and then a "new" version. Or at least have the option of which new features you want on or off in you game. However, this would just be my ideal situation.

Takara
09-17-2005, 06:03 AM
I'm gonna go with hoping that they include the original version, with simply a more realistic translation, and then a "new" version. Or at least have the option of which new features you want on or off in you game. However, this would just be my ideal situation.

Ditto. Anything that would alter the original storyline (adding new characters to go to Mist, for example) would piss me off royally. Make the additional content optional would be neat. That way, the original story and characters would remain unchanged.

DJZen
09-17-2005, 07:55 AM
I'm sure it won't be anything unenjoyable. People always gripe when a remake includes some new things. I don't hear anyone complaining about the additions to FFII DoS though.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-17-2005, 07:57 AM
They named the Dragon Knight kid Cain. That ruins my vision that his name was Fred.

KoShiatar
09-17-2005, 10:08 PM

Ditto. Anything that would alter the original storyline (adding new characters to go to Mist, for example) would piss me off royally. Make the additional content optional would be neat. That way, the original story and characters would remain unchanged.

Same for me. But I think the extras will be things like new dungeons to explore or new spells and abilities, nothing that changes the storyline. However, I'd love to see new, better graphics. We all know FF IV didn't even begin to exploit SNES's graphic possibilities.

Sephex
09-18-2005, 02:53 AM
You guys better stop hyping the game up for me (most of what you said about possible new content)! I can't take it anymore!

DJZen
09-18-2005, 08:59 PM
Same for me. But I think the extras will be things like new dungeons to explore or new spells and abilities, nothing that changes the storyline. However, I'd love to see new, better graphics. We all know FF IV didn't even begin to exploit SNES's graphic possibilities.

You can rest assured that it will have better graphics. The WSC remake was kind of a mixed bag. There were some things it really couldn't handle well (a lot of things were replaced with much simpler graphics. Skies went from blue with clouds to cyan->white gradients, etc.). However, many of the actual enemy sprites were given a noticeable facelift. More colors were used and everything just looked smoother. Since the GBA can outperform the WSC in every imaginable way, I'd imagine it's going to look MUCH better.

Some comparison screens of the FFIV versions: http://warmech.net/ff4/ff4.html

Comparison of bosses from Soul of Chaos: http://warmech.net/special/ff1gba/comparison/ff1gba-compare.html

Comparison pictures of the different versions of FFI (pay careful attention to the backgrounds): http://warmech.net/ff1/dozen/dozen.html

Non-comparitive pictures of FFIV versions: http://warmech.net/ff4/dozen/dozen.html

Destai
09-18-2005, 09:59 PM
I hope they put in the old translation as a bonus. That would definitely make me buy the game. DEFINITELY

KoShiatar
09-18-2005, 09:59 PM
Oh, thank you for the interesting pictures. Well, I'm thinking about stealing my sister's daughter GBA already :P

Paul
09-18-2005, 11:56 PM
You're thinking of FFVI, not FFIV.

Anything that's portable and is cartridge based for a speed improvement is good for me. :)
i'm from europe, and here ff anthology has FFIV and V. with VI being packaged as a single game separately.

DJZen
09-19-2005, 01:37 AM
The only thing that's slow about the PS1 version of FFIV is the load/save menu, which takes about a minute. The menu and fights aren't slow.

Skarr
09-19-2005, 01:45 AM
this will be a must buy... mean i'm gonna get it...can't wait for ff3 and 6 i've never played the original 3 because it was never released state side nor is it translated it'd be nice 2 c them bring that out though

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-19-2005, 02:12 AM
FFIII was translated years ago.

crashNUMBERS
09-19-2005, 02:20 AM
Yeah man. Explain the ROM's people have been playing..

DJZen
09-19-2005, 04:27 AM
He would be referring to an actual LEGAL method of playing the game.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-19-2005, 04:38 AM
Except he said it was never released nor was it translated.

Crossblades
10-01-2005, 04:23 PM
http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q3-2005/093005c.html

Propaganda
http://www.rpgamer.com/games/ff/ff4/propaganda/ff4001.jpg

The latest issue of Shonen Jump contained new information on the latest port of Square's classic Final Fantasy IV, this time for Nintendo's Game Boy Advance. According to the magazine, the game is being made as a collaboration between Square Enix and Nintendo, rather than just Nintendo, as some had speculated following the game's initial announcement.

Final Fantasy IV will mostly remain true to the SNES original, but it will feature some exclusive changes for the GBA. Specifically, a graphical upgrade is mentioned, and is apparent in the first images of the game. The sprites have sharper colors, and character portraits have been added to the speech boxes. No other specific changes were revealed at this time.

Shonen Jump also indicated that Nintendo and Square Enix are interested in bringing more Final Fantasy to the GBA, and though no concrete announcements were made, several other sources are reporting that the game has been labeled as the first entry in the "Final Fantasy Series Port Project." Final Fantasy IV will ship to North American retailers on December 12 2005 and to Japanese retailers somewhere in the vaguer time frame of Winter 2005.

Flying Mullet
10-01-2005, 04:41 PM
I can't get the image to show up. It keeps forwarding me to rpgamer's home page. Can someone post the image as an attachment?

TheAbominatrix
10-01-2005, 05:32 PM
I had trouble with it too, I only got it to open by going to the page, right clicking and opening it in a tab (on Firefox, of course).

I am so freaking eager for this to come out :skull3:

Necronopticous
10-01-2005, 06:49 PM
December, man that's quicker than I expected. This is definately one of titles I'm most excited about seeing the release of. This will improve the value of my GBA to me by at least 100%.

Thanks for the info.

Sefie1999AD
10-01-2005, 07:22 PM
December, man that's quicker than I expected. This is definately one of titles I'm most excited about seeing the release of. This will improve the value of my GBA to me by at least 100%.

Thanks for the info.

Great, soon we'll also have a GBA version of The Power of Cheese. :D Looks pretty good, hopefully Square Enix will make the game work like FFIV hard type, and hopefully they'll use the PSX translation. Or if they retranslate it again, they should at least keep comments like "You spoony bard" intact.

Shonen Jump also indicated that Nintendo and Square Enix are interested in bringing more Final Fantasy to the GBA

Could it be possible that we're finally getting FFIII in English for GBA in the near future?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-01-2005, 09:53 PM
There'll probably be a brand new translation, since that was the case with Dawn of Souls.

Threads merged.

KoShiatar
10-01-2005, 09:58 PM
*Dances happily*
However, if they leave out the references to Kain's father even this time, I'm gonna be very displeased. What's up with them?

Crossblades
10-02-2005, 04:02 AM

Thanks for the info.

No problem

Rengori
10-02-2005, 08:13 AM
also i wish they'd release FF3 on GBA. i don't want a DS...
I wish they'd just release the first five for the PSP, I lost my GBA.

DJZen
10-03-2005, 03:00 AM
Well *I* want a yacht.

Destai
10-03-2005, 05:06 PM
There'll probably be a brand new translation, since that was the case with Dawn of Souls.

Threads merged.They already retranslated it for the Playstation version of FFIV, in Europe anyway. Did the American FFanthology not get the same deal?

Crossblades
10-03-2005, 05:17 PM

Threads merged.They already retranslated it for the Playstation version of FFIV, in Europe anyway. Did the American FFanthology not get the same deal?

The american FFanthology included V and VI only

Flying Mullet
10-03-2005, 05:18 PM
FFIV (in Chronicals) recieved a new translation.

Crossblades
10-03-2005, 05:42 PM
FFVI (in Chronicals) recieved a new translation.

You mean IV

Flying Mullet
10-03-2005, 05:52 PM
yep

theundeadhero
10-03-2005, 08:35 PM
They named the Dragon Knight kid Cain. That ruins my vision that his name was Fred.George.

Destai
10-03-2005, 08:51 PM
They named the Dragon Knight kid Cain. That ruins my vision that his name was Fred.George.Percy?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-04-2005, 03:05 AM

Threads merged.They already retranslated it for the Playstation version of FFIV, in Europe anyway. Did the American FFanthology not get the same deal?Yes, but FFI and FFII got new translations on the PS and then another set of translations for the GBA. So even if FFIV had a revised script on the PS, it should get a more refined translation for this latest incarnation.

DJZen
10-04-2005, 04:04 AM
considering how amazing the FFI and FFII translations were on GBA, I'll be PISSED if they use another inferior translator. Also, I might be completely off the mark here, but those "new screenshots" look an AWFUL lot like the WSC version.

Rengori
10-04-2005, 04:07 AM
Also, I might be completely off the mark here, but those "new screenshots" look an AWFUL lot like the WSC version.
That may because it's a GBA port of the WSC versio.

DJZen
10-04-2005, 04:13 AM
Oh is it?

it will feature some exclusive changes for the GBA. Specifically, a graphical upgrade is mentioned, and is apparent in the first images of the game. The sprites have sharper colors, and character portraits have been added to the speech boxes.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-04-2005, 04:16 AM
Bang (http://toastyfrog.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=5810108&publicUserId=5379721)!

DJZen
10-04-2005, 04:46 AM
I'll definitely be importing that one, along with the FC controller faceplate. It'll look so nice next to my FFII WSC with matching Wild Rose wrist strap.

Destai
10-04-2005, 05:12 PM
Yes, but FFI and FFII got new translations on the PS and then another set of translations for the GBA. So even if FFIV had a revised script on the PS, it should get a more refined translation for this latest incarnation.
FFIV (in Chronicals) recieved a new translation. ah the mystery is solved.

Thankfully I dont like Amanos work or the GBA micro so hurray for me.

Dreddz
10-10-2005, 06:01 PM
I would be peeved, but Ive got and beaten them all anywayz.....

DJZen
10-10-2005, 07:08 PM
I wonder if they'll update the programmer's room this time...

Crossblades
10-10-2005, 07:24 PM
FFIV Advance Heading for December Release in Japan, 3 days after the US release

http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2005/1952.html

Destai
10-10-2005, 08:33 PM
FFIV Advance Heading for December Release in Japan, 3 days after the US release

http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2005/1952.htmlWhere does that article say three days after the US release?

Flying Mullet
10-10-2005, 08:43 PM
The US release has already been announced. Check the article that's linked to at the beginning of this thread.

feioncastor
10-16-2005, 06:45 PM
I'm actually kind of bothered about this.

The same thing happened with FFI&II:DoS. I played FF1 in 1990, and everyone else played it in 2000 something, and they think they're the FF-masters now that they've played the watered down easy version of FF1.

I guess I should be happy that another generation has had the chance to enjoy the game that brought me so much enjoyment... But still, I'm bothered by it.

I bought Final Fantasy II (or 4, as it's really called) within a few weeks of its US release, and I consider myself a hardcore FF fan for things like that, since I've been there since the beginning. I just get frustrated with the whole "OMG FFX-2 IS TEH COOLEST FF OF THEM ALL WAY BETTER THAN THE STUPID OLD ONES FOR SUPER NINTENDO WITH BAD GRAPHICS".

Meh.

ljkkjlcm9
10-16-2005, 07:21 PM
well dude, I played FF back in 1990 as well, I was a bit young and played with my parents, but I loved it, and I've been a fan since the beginning as well. But I mean, with this and FFV and FFVI going to the GBA, I can't complain, it gives me 3 more great FF games on the road, and wait, FF1+2 DoS, though changed a bit, still good games, and FFIII DS, wow, so now I have ff1-6 portable, I'm not complaining, I know I've playeed all the old ones and am an FF fan, that's what matters to me, these people can think they're like FF masters or something, but it doesn't make them one, just be happy that all these games are available on the go!

THE JACKEL

Ultima Shadow
10-16-2005, 08:52 PM
*can hardly wait* :hyper:

Anyone knows anything about a europe release date?

DJZen
10-17-2005, 10:25 PM
"OMG FFX-2 IS TEH COOLEST FF OF THEM ALL WAY BETTER THAN THE STUPID OLD ONES FOR SUPER NINTENDO WITH BAD GRAPHICS".

If you'd said FFVII here your argument would have held water. However, I have NEVER ONCE heard somebody on this board say anything positive about FFX-2 besides the occasional person saying "well the gameplay isn't bad".

Fact is, there's a perfectly valid reason for changing things around in a game. It's called giving people a new experience. Fans of the original FFI are going to complain about a re-release NO MATTER WHAT. You can't appease all the people all the time. If they implement a new MP system, they say "ZOMG IT HAS TEH MPZ KILL IT NOW!!!!!!111". If they just give it a graphical update, they'll say "OH NOES!!!11 TEH EYE CANDEYS!!!!11" And if you change ANYTHING AT ALL, someone somewhere will accuse Square of having sold out and lost their soul. If you don't change anything at all, conversely, people will complain that it's the exact same game in new packaging released only so SE can milk more money out of their loyal fan base. Basically, no matter what they do, people are going to hate them for it.

However, if they actually bother to change large segments of the game and add new features, the people they're really marketting to are the old school fans who loved the original and are interested in seeing it with new features. We've all played FFIV in its original state by now. Even before FFC was released, the fan translation was so mind numbingly widely distributed that people had pretty much entirely written off FFIIus (and you'll notice, it's no longer necessary to say FFIIj when talking about FFII). We can even still easily play the original without having to go out of our way to do it (read: ebay). All these new features add is a new twist on something we've all already done. This IS a good thing because, even if it makes the game easier, it's going to be interesting to say the least to see what these changes are.

BuzzSaw
10-18-2005, 06:43 AM
I think it would be cool to play as Golbez... especially the part between the Giant and the inner core of the moon. Or play the side quests of Kain when he bails on the group over and over... or when Tellah takes off to search for Meteo... or when everyone is seperated when Leviathan attacks... damn! I see a lot of cool possibilites here...

+ am I the only one that thinks they should still release FF3 and FF:MQ
as a 1 cd compilation on PS1?

ljkkjlcm9
10-18-2005, 12:31 PM
+ am I the only one that thinks they should still release FF3 and FF:MQ
as a 1 cd compilation on PS1?

YES, PS1 is dead, and considering their remaking FFIII for the DS, it's near impossible to put it on another system now due to the whole two screen thing and other features it'll probably have. Plus MQ wasn't all that great.

THE JACKEL

Flying Mullet
10-18-2005, 01:24 PM
Or play the side quests of Kain when he bails on the group over and over...
This made me think. It would be fun to play an optional quest, kind of like the new quest in FFII, where you take Kain through Mt. Ordeals and wherever when he's proving himself(the little cutscene at the end of the game).

Sasquatch
10-18-2005, 04:35 PM
I'm actually kind of bothered about this.

The same thing happened with FFI&II:DoS. I played FF1 in 1990, and everyone else played it in 2000 something, and they think they're the FF-masters now that they've played the watered down easy version of FF1.

I see where you're coming from, but still disagree. I agree with you on the graphics thing -- many people think FFVII or FFX is the best FF, without playing the earlier, better games, with worse graphics. And I started playing FFs when I was young, too -- I won't try to BS myself, or anybody else, into thinking I started playing when I was five years old, but you can if you like.

But if the older, better, classic games can be released now that FF has a larger following, and will be experienced by more people, even without the good graphics, I'm all for it. It's not like I'm going to say "no, I played it first, you can't have it!"

Flying Mullet
10-18-2005, 06:04 PM
More details on what the FFIV GBA port will include:
http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q4-2005/101805a.html

It's not like the original FFI on the NES what that hard either.

ljkkjlcm9
10-18-2005, 06:11 PM
With that new info, I am SO putting Edward into my final party, gonna max out his level and make him the best Spoony Bard EVAR!!11!one1!!1!!!1

THE JACKEL

Flying Mullet
10-18-2005, 06:19 PM
I always did hate losing Yang. Now I can have him back. :thumb:

Crossblades
10-18-2005, 08:22 PM
Will Golbez be included?

Destai
10-18-2005, 09:50 PM
neat http://www.square-enix.co.jp/ff4a/

DJZen
10-20-2005, 05:52 AM
My final party will be:

Edward
Cid
Edge
Porom
(to be determined)

Takara
10-20-2005, 06:37 AM
I'm probably still gonna keep the original final party (Cecil, Rosa, Edge, Kain, and Rydia) on my first playthrough, just to experience the story again and see the changes they made. But besides that, I'm not sure if I'll try taking other characters to the Final Dungeons than those five, unless all the other characters get upgraded weapons.

... Though, I guess seeing Edward try to whoop Zeromus's ugly ass with his puny Dream harp would be hilarious, in an "OMG, I AM ZEROMUS AND I AM GETTING HIT BY A PUSSY WITH A HARP! I FEEL SO INSULTED!" kind of way. :D

DJZen
10-20-2005, 07:34 AM
I'm guessing there will be even more upgradeder weapons in the new dungeon, but that's just me.

Flying Mullet
10-20-2005, 03:20 PM
Yeah, I imagine that at the bare minimum you can get good gear for all of the other characters that never make the final dungeon so they are comparable to the five that do.

And maybe they will have enemies in teh final dungeon that drop alerts so you can get more later on in the game to fight the pink puffs.

Sephex
10-24-2005, 03:57 AM
Yeah. My head keeps on exploding as more info is released. That is all.

Crossblades
10-24-2005, 07:35 PM
I plan to include Yang in my party against Zeromus:)

Carmilla
10-29-2005, 04:52 PM

I agree 100%. When i play these ports and rereleases i want them to be as close to the original as possible. I dislike making changes to older games with no point in mind.

Example, FF for GBA. This game was so easy it wasnt even funny. I got to level 25 in about 1 hour of play time. Plus the new dungeons have items that are ridiculously over powered. A staff with infinite Nukes!!!

And FF2 extra dungeon did have a cool idea but its the same dungeon but backwards. And all the 100 so called new monsters are just color swaps. Bah!

Still, FF4 should be awesome portables, like FF and FF2, but i for one, wont be messing with the 'new' improvements.

Oh and lol at ""OMG, I AM ZEROMUS AND I AM GETTING HIT BY A PUSSY WITH A HARP! I FEEL SO INSULTED!" :mog:

DJZen
10-29-2005, 09:37 PM
There's actually a reason for the changes, it's called giving you an incentive to buy something you already own.

Sasquatch
10-29-2005, 10:38 PM
... and it'll work, too.

Sephex
10-29-2005, 11:15 PM
Yeah. I'm happy that Squenix is putting more effort into their ports these days.

Captain Maxx Power
10-31-2005, 08:33 PM
My final party will be:

Edward
Cid
Edge
Porom
(to be determined)

I'd assume Cecil would have to be there no matter what.

Sasquatch
10-31-2005, 11:57 PM
I don't know if this was mentioned before or not. But it'd be awesome to be able to control Golbez, I think.

Crossblades
11-02-2005, 07:46 PM
FF IV boxart revealed

http://media.gameboy.ign.com/media/771/771903/img_3184997.html

Takara
11-02-2005, 08:09 PM
ROFL. Rosa's proportions are all off. It's either that, or the angle she's drawn in makes her look like she's falling on Cecil and Kain. >_>

Jowy
11-02-2005, 09:42 PM
An E 10+ rating? Sounds like the 1991 translation all over again.

UWAOOOOU
11-03-2005, 01:01 AM
I like the box art though I generally dont like Amano.

Fire_Emblem776
11-03-2005, 04:45 PM
is that a new art work? Or is it old like from the guide book? Ive never scene any amano art for ff 4, i have scene them to 6 though *hehe i love the gude book*

Starboard Regulator FlareNUKE
11-03-2005, 08:15 PM
There is a lot of FF4 Artwork by Amano

Fireblade13
11-04-2005, 06:16 PM
It makes 0 sense that 3 will be on DS and 4 on GBA

ljkkjlcm9
11-04-2005, 06:18 PM
It makes 0 sense that 3 will be on DS and 4 on GBA
uhm, they're completely remaking 3, and I'm sure the main reason is it's never been released in the US, plus it really is one of their best games and they want to add more depth to it, such as each character having personalities and stuff.

FFIV is mainly just a port, so yes, it makes sense

THE JACKEL

Crossblades
11-05-2005, 11:35 PM
Screenshots galore!:)

And a video:D

http://www.gamespot.com/gba/rpg/finalfantasyiv/screenindex.html?page=1

Necronopticous
11-06-2005, 08:15 PM
I'm so excited D;
ROFL. Rosa's proportions are all off. It's either that, or the angle she's drawn in makes her look like she's falling on Cecil and Kain. >_>Oh yeah and I really really really like the boxart. I think Rosa is supposed to be drawn such that it looks like she is laying against Cecil and Kain.

Sephex
11-06-2005, 08:42 PM
**Reactions to screen shots and videos**

Holy ****. Holy ****. Holy ****. Holy ****. Holy ****. Holy ****. Holy ****. Holy ****. Holy ****. Holy ****. Holy ****. Holy ****. Holy ****. Holy ****. Holy ****. Holy ****. Holy ****. Holy ****. Holy ****. Holy ****. Holy ****.

I'm really digging the retuned music.

gnu factory choice
11-06-2005, 08:52 PM
nintendo and square would make soooooo much money and make soooo many people happy if they put final fantasy 3 (VI) and chrono trigger onto the gameboy advance... but im still looking forward to IV which i have never played before.

Crossblades
11-06-2005, 09:06 PM
nintendo and square would make soooooo much money and make soooo many people happy if they put final fantasy 3 (VI) and chrono trigger onto the gameboy advance... but im still looking forward to IV which i have never played before.

Square is releasing VI for the GBA along with new features. But yeah, Chrono Trigger for the GBA would be awesome

KoShiatar
11-06-2005, 10:09 PM
Brand new Amano cover art!!!!!

*drools* *drools* *drools* *drools* *drools* *drools* *drools* *drools* *drools* *drools* *drools* *drools* *drools* *drools* *drools* *drools* *drools* *drools* *drools* *drools* *drools* *drools* *drools* *drools* *drools* *drools* *drools* *drools* *drools* *drools* *drools* *drools* *drools* *drools* *drools* *drools* *drools* *drools* *drools* *drools* *drools* *drools* *drools* *drools* *drools* *drools*

*dies*

I want that game. If only for the cover art!!!!!!!!!!

Elite Lord Sigma
11-07-2005, 02:25 AM
I've never played any Final Fantasy past II (you must think I'm a deprived child), so I'm heavily planning to get this game. And it seems like they renamed the four fiends to their names from Soul of Chaos from Dawn of Souls. Also, I can understand the E10+ rating, seeing how this game has some...err...stuff that younger children would get confused by (even though I think the E10+ rating itself is pointless).

DJZen
11-07-2005, 04:33 AM
Oh, those are the proper names of the 4 fiends. They're from Dante's Inferno.

So.... Smut is okay to put in an E10 game, but simulated sex isn't okay in an M game? hmmmm...

Takara
11-07-2005, 05:31 PM
Well, it's not like you see anything when you use the smut item... Unless the screen changing colours, the Calbrena music starting to play, and Cecil commenting about the magazine is considered as highly inappropriate.

KoShiatar
11-07-2005, 09:47 PM
Or says he'll go blind (depends on the version), which migh make you think he was doing somethin nasty a paladin should never do.

Rengori
11-07-2005, 10:42 PM
Are we talking about the "cafe"?

DJZen
11-08-2005, 04:51 AM
Still, "smut" is a word that you'd think would raise the rating to T just on its own.

Reine
11-08-2005, 04:21 PM
Damn it! I cant wait either!

Although, I wish they would have a 2-D "classic" version of FFIII!

I actually wouldnt mind an FFMQ remake either..

Chrono Trigger! Star Ocean! Bahamut Lagoon! On GBA!

Like Square would listen...

Takara
11-08-2005, 07:48 PM
Damn it! I cant wait either!

Although, I wish they would have a 2-D "classic" version of FFIII!

I actually wouldnt mind an FFMQ remake either..

Chrono Trigger! Star Ocean! Bahamut Lagoon! On GBA!

Like Square would listen...

Agreed with all of the above.

DJZen
11-08-2005, 07:51 PM
It'd be awesome if they remade FFMQ and then added a whole new quest after Benjamin sets sail. Like maybe he has to sail around until he finds the guy who made the 5 crystals and then throttle him.

Fire_Emblem776
11-09-2005, 03:27 AM
**Reactions to screen shots and videos**

Holy ****. Holy ****. Holy ****. Holy ****. Holy ****. Holy ****. Holy ****. Holy ****. Holy ****. Holy ****. Holy ****. Holy ****. Holy ****. Holy ****. Holy ****. Holy ****. Holy ****. Holy ****. Holy ****. Holy ****. Holy ****.

:choc2: :choc2: :choc2:

yea the music is a bit off though who cares, its close to it anyways.

DJZen
11-09-2005, 03:49 AM
It's GBA. Some sacrifices have to be made to quality.

Takara
11-09-2005, 05:25 AM
It sounded pretty good for a GBA port, IMO.

Reine
11-09-2005, 07:57 AM
I so want this game now!

I cant even play the original, My copy of FF Anthology is missing! ;_;

FF1&2 DoS will keep me going for now...

Fire_Emblem776
11-09-2005, 08:24 AM
I so want this game now!

I cant even play the original, My copy of FF Anthology is missing! ;_;

FF1&2 DoS will keep me going for now...

isnt ff 4 in ff chronicles?

TheAbominatrix
11-09-2005, 08:47 AM
In the American release, yes. Not in the European release.

Necronopticous
11-10-2005, 10:08 AM
Final Fantasy IV Advance is featured in the Nintendo Winter DS official catalogue booklet. It's a full page feature on page 80 with artwork of Cecil as a dark knight and paladin along with three screenshots and the following:
Relive the Fantasy

Grab your sword. The fourth installment of the wildly popular FINAL FANTASY series has arrived. Filled with dozens of magical spells and hundreds of monsters, weapons and items to help you on your quests, the game delivers an adventure you won't soon forget. Players can expect 30 to 40 hours of playing time as they journey on land, by sea and in the air, and explore new towns, caves and mountains in their attempt to recover stolen crystals. Twelve different characters with new abilities, spells and items join and leave the party at different parts of the quest to keep the tension mounting!I'm trying to figure out how hundreds of monsters are going to help me on my quests.

Flying Mullet
11-10-2005, 02:03 PM
I'm trying to figure out how hundreds of monsters are going to help me on my quests.
Even after the Cheese thread you've still got it. ;)

DJZen
11-10-2005, 09:31 PM
I'm trying to figure out how hundreds of monsters are going to help me on my quests.

You kill them, they drop exp, gil and items.

Necronopticous
11-11-2005, 08:42 AM
Ah, but if they didn't exist there would be no reason for exp, gil, or items! That's like saying terrorists help us in our struggle for safety from terrorists!

Masamune·1600
11-11-2005, 09:02 AM
Ah, but if they didn't exist there would be no reason for exp, gil, or items! That's like saying terrorists help us in our struggle for safety from terrorists!

I'll be happy if there's a way to name the king. ;)

Rase
11-11-2005, 09:31 AM
Well, with all the new info (Screen, video, etc.) I must say I'm still very excited about this game. I seriously hope I'm not somehow dissapointed.

11-11-2005, 11:57 PM
It probably will not be included... The sound of Square USA allowing the Development Room with all the Japanese creators sounds unlikely... and if they do, the smut item would be removed or changed...

Takara
11-12-2005, 02:06 AM
Well, it was included in Chronicles. We'll see when the game's released, I guess.

Sephex
11-13-2005, 04:38 AM
I hope it is, but I won't be upset if it isn't. I got to see it through a fan translated ROM and the Chronicles version as well.

DJZen
11-13-2005, 07:55 AM
At this point, Square-Enix isn't in the business of excluding things from the US releases.

Crossblades
11-13-2005, 03:45 PM
New FF IV Advance Details

http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q4-2005/111205b.html

The newest scan for the upcoming Final Fantasy IV Advance has answered some questions about the additions to the game. Specifically, it outlines how the character switching will take place and some details surrounding the new dungeon.

Character switching will take place in Mysidia in the tower. All the available characters will be gathered there, and by talking to one of them, they can trade places with a member of your current party. It seems this function will only be available for characters that can make it to the tower, as not all characters are available.

The new dungeon will be 50 floors in length, and its purpose will be to level the other characters and give them ultimate weapons similar to those found in the original game's final dungeon. Once again, a special boss monster will guard each one. and each will be unique to the GBA version. The scan shows Porom getting a "Seraphim Mace" as her ultimate weapon.

scan
http://www.rpgamer.com/games/ff/ff4/propaganda/ff4002.jpg

DJZen
11-13-2005, 07:34 PM
And once again the hypothesies prove correct.

Sasquatch
11-13-2005, 09:02 PM
Character switching will take place in Mysidia in the tower. All the available characters will be gathered there, and by talking to one of them, they can trade places with a member of your current party. It seems this function will only be available for characters that can make it to the tower, as not all characters are available.

In other words, Tellah is not available. Golbez, however, might very well be.

Sephex
11-13-2005, 11:20 PM
Cool. I unconciously figured that you would be able to switch characters in the tower of Mysidia. In fact, I was so sure of it, that I almost mistook it for being old news!

Sefie1999AD
11-13-2005, 11:24 PM
I think everyone will be available there for the final dungeon except for Tellah, FuSoYa and Golbez. After all, Golbez and FuSoYa went to the Lunar Subterrain before Cecil and others got to the Moon, the two didn't go there together with the main party. In the original FF"2", there's also the yaoi comics line said by one of the crystals: "FuSoYa and KluYa's son went inside. And they've been in for quite a long time." I'll probably make a save in front of Mysidia and beat the game with the default FFIV ending party, and then go through the Moon again with Cid, Yang, Palom, Porom and Edward... though somehow I think you're forced to take Cecil with you, so you can't make a group out of those who weren't in the Moon in the original game. =/

DJZen
11-14-2005, 12:34 AM
I don't see why you couldn't though. Imagine if they DID let you replace Cecil? It doesn't seem terribly out of the question.

Sefie1999AD
11-14-2005, 01:03 AM
Sure, that would be neat, but who would use the crystal against Zeromus then?

Rase
11-14-2005, 02:26 AM
Edward. :cool:

DJZen
11-14-2005, 05:00 AM
And that would pwnz.

Rase
11-14-2005, 05:12 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/RyanStage/Pwnz.jpg

5 second Paint job ftw.

Sefie1999AD
11-14-2005, 05:37 PM
Great! And after the Spoony Bard has finished using the crystal, Edge starts the final battle by throwing a Spoon at Zeromus. :D I think this villain has some serious issues with cutlery...

Aurora_sword
11-22-2005, 11:51 PM
Ah.
*looks for ROM*

RaidenWeb17
11-23-2005, 10:56 PM
holy crap i cant freaking wait

Necronopticous
11-27-2005, 08:46 AM
Reserved my copy today. I'm very excited.

Takara
11-27-2005, 11:44 AM
I just want money so I can buy it when it's released. *sulks*

Reine
11-27-2005, 04:03 PM
So what about these new characters? Any word on them?

Sephex
11-27-2005, 06:00 PM
Reserved my copy today. I'm very excited.

I'm going to do that tomorrow!

Erdrick Holmes
11-27-2005, 07:16 PM
Getting it when it arrives. In fact my next paycheck is for reserving a copy.

Reine
11-28-2005, 01:37 PM
Since GBA games from US will play on a UK GBA, when my brother goes to US with his dad, hes getting me a copy.

Paul
12-01-2005, 12:13 PM
US GBA games work fine on UK GBA? is FFIV Advanced getting a PAL release anyway, does anyone know?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-01-2005, 12:37 PM
It's kind of odd that they didn't really update the spell animations, which look pretty choppy in comparison to those of the FFI and FFII remakes.

But yeah. 1UP did a huge preview (http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3145957&did=1) for the game that details the bulk of the new content.

Crossblades
12-01-2005, 03:03 PM
It's kind of odd that they didn't really update the spell animations, which look pretty choppy in comparison to those of the FFI and FFII remakes.

But yeah. 1UP did a huge preview (http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3145957&did=1) for the game that details the bulk of the new content.

That's an awesome preview. :)

Only 2 more weeks!:D

crashNUMBERS
12-01-2005, 07:46 PM
I love the cover art (http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/bigboxshots/7/929937_70127_front.jpg) and the new face art (http://www.1up.com/media?id=2521159&type=lg) they did for this game. Kick ass. I just wanna know who these damn new characters are...

ThroneofDravaris
12-02-2005, 12:01 AM
I heard something about Wakka and Quina.

Crossblades
12-02-2005, 12:05 AM
I heard something about Wakka and Quina.

what?

Sephex
12-02-2005, 04:31 AM

Oh my god. My head exploded again. I am shaking. My eyes are burning. I feel weird. And my head exploded.

Reine
12-02-2005, 01:24 PM
The page doesnt load

Necronopticous
12-02-2005, 05:45 PM
So who do you think the secret boss is at the end of the grimore dungeon?

KluYa?

Masamune·1600
12-02-2005, 06:10 PM
So who do you think the secret boss is at the end of the grimore dungeon?

KluYa?

I've been wondering that since the article first appeared, but I guess we'll have to wait and see. I hope it's not KluYa, though; SE can do better than that.

Flying Mullet
12-02-2005, 07:15 PM
That's right, it won't be KluYa, it'll be BuYa (Pronounced "BOO-YA!!").

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-02-2005, 11:11 PM
I have a pretty good idea who it is. In fact I'm so sure of it that I'm not going to say anything such as to avoid a potential spoiler.

Sephex
12-02-2005, 11:14 PM
I have no clue who it could be. I mean, I can think of one possibility, but it does not make any sense.

Crossblades
12-02-2005, 11:14 PM
I have a pretty good idea who it is. In fact I'm so sure of it that I'm not going to say anything such as to avoid a potential spoiler.

Same here

crashNUMBERS
12-03-2005, 01:07 AM
Then tell me in a PM...

ThroneofDravaris
12-03-2005, 01:45 AM
Then tell me in a PM...
…I’m not sure, but I think he was joking.

My guess is it will be Sephiroth. Then everyone will be able to say 'Wow AWESOME crossover! That's by far the BEST idea anyone has ever had! Thank you Square-Enix, I was afraid you were going to do something unoriginal and lame! I mean Sephiroth; that’s NEVER been done before!”

crashNUMBERS
12-03-2005, 01:52 AM
Meh. But that sephiroth idea would suck and what you said is exactly my thought on how it would turn out...

Takara
12-03-2005, 03:21 AM
A couple of friends and I have been (jokingly) suggesting it might be Culex.

MoonZapdos
12-03-2005, 03:28 AM
Pretty cool ^^
Hope it's gonna be as cool as FFTA :D
When will it be released in Europe?

Reine
12-04-2005, 11:51 AM
So the new characters and abilities were a marketing ploy by Square..sorry Kishi

Well, I cant wait, and like Sephex, my head has exploded

I had a lame thought that the boss will be Golbez

But anyway, I dont want it to be spoiled, not this time.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-04-2005, 11:58 AM
I don't mind that there aren't any actual new abilities or characters since the bonus stuff turned out to be really cool anyway.

DJZen
12-04-2005, 09:45 PM
Oh it's totally gonna be KluYa.

Crossblades
12-05-2005, 02:30 PM
Oh it's totally gonna be KluYa.

We'll just wait and see. One more week to go!:)

ThroneofDravaris
12-05-2005, 02:37 PM
[cheap bastard] Yay, that means the rom will be up soon as well![/cheap bastard]

Fireblade13
12-06-2005, 01:50 PM
6 more days!

Reign
12-06-2005, 01:58 PM
6 more days!
*drools*

Tempest
12-06-2005, 08:48 PM
6 more long, grueling days. I can't wait anymore. Upgraded graphics, new dungeons, and being able to change party members for the last dungeon. FFIV for the GBA is gonna be great!!!

DJZen
12-06-2005, 11:29 PM
I'll be able to get it new! Yay for pay checks!

Takara
12-07-2005, 02:27 AM
I might get an early present (money) for Christmas by the end of the week. Hopefully, I'll have enough for the game and to get a new GBA (even if it's used).

*twitches*

Sephex
12-07-2005, 03:38 AM
I already have mine fully paid for. Can't wait.

Crossblades
12-07-2005, 04:12 PM
5 more days.......

ThroneofDravaris
12-07-2005, 04:25 PM
Yeah ok, you don’t need to do that. No one's going to forget.

Crossblades
12-07-2005, 04:54 PM
Yeah ok, you don’t need to do that. No one's going to forget.

You sure about that?

ThroneofDravaris
12-07-2005, 06:11 PM
Considering the fact that everyone seems to be spraying there pants over this release, yes.

Flying Mullet
12-07-2005, 06:58 PM
... everyone seems to be spraying there pants over this release...
Twice now. :(

Takara
12-11-2005, 12:28 AM
Considering the fact that everyone seems to be spraying there pants over this release, yes.

So? What is so wrong or harmful in a group of gamers sharing their excitement about one of their favourite games being released in a few days? Or is that considered spam just because we're not all salivating about yet another FFVII spin-off game?

If you don't like a topic, you are not forced to read it, you know.

UWAOOOOU
12-11-2005, 05:53 PM
I'm sure I'll pickit up sometime when I have the money to spend. FFVI comes first though.

ThroneofDravaris
12-11-2005, 06:22 PM
So? What is so wrong or harmful in a group of gamers sharing their excitement about one of their favourite games being released in a few days? Or is that considered spam just because we're not all salivating about yet another FFVII spin-off game?

If you don't like a topic, you are not forced to read it, you know.

Rest assured, if this was a re-release of any other FF game; I would be just as willing to criticize the enthusiasm of its fans if they went as far as to start a countdown…

Crossblades
12-12-2005, 01:06 AM
Rest assured, if this was a re-release of any other FF game; I would be just as willing to criticize the enthusiasm of its fans if they went as far as to start a countdown…

Then you should leave those fans alone and let them have their fun

Flying Mullet
12-12-2005, 01:51 PM
One more day(I wanted to be the one to say it this time).

Crossblades
12-12-2005, 02:43 PM
One more day(I wanted to be the one to say it this time).

Don't you mean a couple more hours before the stores start sellling them?:)

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-12-2005, 02:45 PM
Today's the shipping date, isn't it? I wouldn't expect to see the game in stores until tomorrow.

Flying Mullet
12-12-2005, 03:51 PM
Yeah, online stores sell them today because with shipping they will get to the customer by tomorrow at the earliest. That way they are technically still selling the game the day it comes out.

Fireblade13
12-12-2005, 08:34 PM
I just pray that it comes with accuracy and different levels of difficulty

Necronopticous
12-12-2005, 10:39 PM
O, tomorrow. How I long for you.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-12-2005, 10:41 PM
Tomorrow, I want to be inside of you.

Reine
12-13-2005, 12:54 PM
I know who that final boss is..some guy spoiled it for me..

It is Zeromus' sprite that was used in the Japanese Easy Type

I expected something a little different...

12-13-2005, 01:13 PM
DGemu has the japanese rom up of FFIV advance... I think i'm gonna test it out, FYI, I looked at the screenshots, Cecil looks very different and the Float Eye things have more shading. So it is an update...

Flying Mullet
12-13-2005, 01:36 PM
Tomorrow is here!

Aurora_sword
12-13-2005, 01:57 PM
This maybe a frequently asked question already, but does it have the porno book?

Dignified Pauper
12-13-2005, 03:00 PM
Final Fantasy IS porn.

*walks behind closed doors.*

Necronopticous
12-13-2005, 07:37 PM
Damn Gamestop, they don't get their shipment in until this afternoon and I have work right after that...I think I'll go bug them right now until they pull a copy out of their ass or something.

Flying Mullet
12-13-2005, 07:51 PM
Yeah, I have to go to the mall to talk to the cell phone folks so I think I'll swing by EB and see if they have any in. If not Gamestop and Target are on the way home. :cool:

Takara
12-13-2005, 08:31 PM
Anyone lend me $40 CAD so I can buy the game? >_>

Erm, I mean...

I hope those who manage to buy it today have loads of fun. xD Cursed lack of job and being poor. I might not even be able to get it before sometimes in January.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-13-2005, 08:32 PM
Why wouldn't you just download it?

Crossblades
12-13-2005, 08:37 PM
My preodered copy won't come in till tomorrow:(

Takara
12-13-2005, 08:38 PM
When I find an English rom, I might. I doubt there won't be any around for a couple of days. ;o

Necronopticous
12-13-2005, 08:39 PM
Downloading a port kind of defeats the purpose of the port. I mean, sure there are new features, but the real charm is being able to play Final Fantasy IV on the go.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-13-2005, 09:01 PM
I'd say the new content rather edges out the portability, useful as it is. I especially wouldn't wait until January to play the game for the sake of being able to carry it around.

Flying Mullet
12-13-2005, 09:32 PM
Cruising the the game store now. :cool:

Sefie1999AD
12-13-2005, 10:34 PM
When I find an English rom, I might. I doubt there won't be any around for a couple of days. ;o

There's already one, which I managed to get thanks to a certain admin here. :)

I played the game for a bit over an hour (I'm getting Tellah to my party next), and so far, the updated graphics seem pretty good (although I kinda don't like how Rosa's face looks in the text window when she speaks) and the music is great as ever. The "intro" scene which plays if you leave the main screen (with New Game and Load Game) on almost makes the remake all worth it already, IMHO. :)

The script is well done, being mostly retranslated, though some lines are directly from the PSX version (such as the King telling Kain, "You insolent cur! How dare you barge in here!?"). I haven't reached the "Spoony bard" scene yet, but I'll probably report about that later. There's also a bit of changes, maybe due to censorship or some system's limitation. For example, the dancer in Baron Village doesn't take off any of her clothes anymore. IIRC, the characters also swear more in PSX, while in GBA, the only thing I remember is Cecil shouting "Damnation!" during the opening scene.

The loading times, thank goodness, are very good. The game looks as if it lagged a bit at times, but it doesn't really slow down, and the battles and menus all load up quite fast and smoothly. The battles are also amazingly fast-paced and end quickly even with the 3rd highest battle speed (default). Oh, and the default config setting is to have Auto-Dash on, and that way, you can't walk even by holding the cancel button. I decided to remove that and disable the Auto-Dash, so when I want to run, I'll just hold the cancel button. :) Anyway, FFIV Advance seems pretty good so far, not suffering from a lousy script and a watered down battle system (FFII SNES), over-the-top cussing scenes (the fan translation of FFIV SNES) or loading times (FFIV PSX). Hopefully the high quality of the remake will stay throughout the game.

GooeyToast
12-13-2005, 11:06 PM
So does anyone know if it's as difficult as the Chronicles version, or if it is easier?

Sephex
12-14-2005, 01:47 AM
Well, I got it today, I've been playing it on and off all day. I am now about to go after the Dark Elf in the Toria area. I am very happy with this remake/port. I have been playing it on my Game Boy Player. Some retuned music is better than the original (Red Wing's theme/normal battle music) while others are just odd (Mysidia/Serpent Path theme). The rest I have heard I pretty much think are on par with the original game soundtrack.

Like Sephiroth1999A.D. said, the battles seem faster paced. I am going to have to fight for money, as the doubling trick is GONE (no more multiple excaliburs either)! Also, it does seem a bit laggy, but it's not a big deal.

If you are any kind of fan of FFIV, you will love this remake!

Dignified Pauper
12-14-2005, 01:55 AM
I was just killed by a Zu outside of Mysidia because I had 54 hp and thought i'd live against an attack and well... Guess what, he hit me for 54 damage and i have to restart on the mountain to Fabul because I never save when playing ROMs. I want to cry.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-14-2005, 06:52 AM
I'm stopping for tonight. I'm at Troia. This rocks. More to come.

http://norbert-x.com/rock/userfiles/Kishi/ffivgba173.png

Takara
12-14-2005, 08:02 AM
There's already one, which I managed to get thanks to a certain admin here. :)

We waaaaaaaaaaantsssssssssssss it! We wants the precious! :drool:

Gods, I'm such a FFIV junkie. o_o

Flying Mullet
12-14-2005, 02:01 PM
I only just got Rydia last night in Kaipo, but I'm loving it just as much as everyone else. I have to agree that the intro movie before you get to the main screen(New Game, Continue, etc...) is awesome. The fights do seem faster paced and I'm enjoying the subtler graphics and music.

Necronopticous
12-14-2005, 07:23 PM
Yes, this is what the people want.

Thank you Square-Enix.

Crossblades
12-14-2005, 10:17 PM
Picked up my copy today

I love how they remixed the music and gave the graphics a huge overhaul. I'm ready to fight Octomammoth now

Tempest
12-14-2005, 10:37 PM
Just finished the battles at Fabul. I'd say the game is easier then the PS1 version. The monsters aren't as fast and the crew is turning them to dust in no time.

Sefie1999AD
12-14-2005, 10:42 PM
It was funny how Tellah's first line in the battle against Edward was "You spoony bard!" He just went to attack Edward and yelled that. In the original FF"II" SNES, he at least said several things before saying the spoony bard line. His lines after that were stuff like "Die!" and "Shut up!"

I'll enter the Antlion's cave next. Everyone seems to be playing the game a lot faster than I. Maybe because many have more time than I. I've played it for only about 2 hours and 25 minutes so far.

EDIT: Oh, and I think SE gave Tellah level 1 spells since his Fire/Ice/Bolt only take 5 MP. I think this is a good addition. Although Fire2/Ice2/Bolt2 are stronger, they take so much MP that Tellah runs out of MP after at most 5 spell casts.

Crossblades
12-14-2005, 10:44 PM
Just finished the battles at Fabul. I'd say the game is easier then the PS1 version. The monsters aren't as fast and the crew is turning them to dust in no time.

Yeah I noticed that too. Just like how they did with FF I&II DoS

Tempest
12-14-2005, 10:50 PM
Although the monsters still hit hard like the PS1 version and have higher Hp then from the original, SNES version. I think it's nicely balanced though, especially for any newbies of the series who want to pick up the game.

Crossblades
12-14-2005, 10:58 PM
I don't feel that they hit hard. The most damge I've seen them do is 20

Tempest
12-14-2005, 11:06 PM
I don't feel that they hit hard. The most damge I've seen them do is 20
They hit a little harder later on. I've seen 50+ damage on a few characters, thankfully not on Edward.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-14-2005, 11:19 PM
One notable difference I've noticed so far is that in previous versions of the game, if you got Cecil up to Level 99 before the battle against Cain, he wouldn't be able to hurt you too much (if at all) and you could easily whittle down his 65,000-some HP. Not that it changed the story or anything, but it was fun to do. In this version, though, Cain's jump attack never misses and will drain Cecil's HP in short order even if he's at Level 99. Curiously, the same isn't true of the Yang fight in Baron.

Sephex
12-15-2005, 02:02 AM
I haven't had much time to play it today, but I am glad to see that you are enjoying the game! I am about to go to the Tower of Zot, myself!

TurkSlayer
12-15-2005, 03:06 AM
I can't wait to get ahold of this game. I read an article on it yesterday, and it said that you now get to CHOOSE who accompanies you to the final battle. I started dancing when I read this, then realized I was in a grocery store and sat down.

Dignified Pauper
12-15-2005, 04:07 AM
I've just beat the Giant of Babil, and now can get my secondary 5 characters their hidden weapons in the first hidden dungeon. What I'm really interested about is the second dungeon once the game is completed.

Jowy
12-15-2005, 06:37 AM
I just landed on the Moon. Nine hours gameplay time, level forty for everyone. Curious as to who the bonus boss at the end of the Lunar Ruins is, and nobody on the internet seems to know.

Dignified Pauper
12-15-2005, 07:15 AM
Well, I know that you have to beat the game to get to it. I have all my minor characters secret weapons, and I'm going to switch out some people. Yang is gonna replace Edge. and Cid is replacing Kain. Hammer rocks.

Nasarian Altimeros
12-15-2005, 03:42 PM
I already know who the end boss is. Anyway, im going to America soon with my dad, and im gonna try and get my brother this game for christmas (Dad will pay of course)

You wont beleive how much Andreil wants it :rolleyes2

Dignified Pauper
12-15-2005, 04:42 PM
I've arrived at the last dungeon. Well, here's how it is. If you don't want to know of how the secret dungeon works, don't read this.

Every 5 floors is a special sections with a door you have to enter. Through the door is a place that can only open if you have the correct member in your party. So far I've finished Rydia's and Rosa's two places.

Now, your entire party goes with thim however. At the end of the place is a Lunarian Summon monster, kind of like the dark aeons. After killing them, you get an item for the character as well as an item that summons that monster once and only once causing 9999 hp damage. Not really worth it, however, I do want to see the final boss. I read who it was earlier, but I want to see if it's gonna be all that hard.

I beat the game in the low level 50s late 40s with some ease. I don't think it's as difficult as the Playstation version.

Reine
12-15-2005, 08:04 PM
I want to experience all the areas with the new music and graphics, and see the new translation.

The extras are a bonus

Crossblades
12-16-2005, 02:59 AM
I love how FF IV came with this propanganda :)

http://www.rpgamer.com/games/tales/top/propaganda/toppropaganda121405.html

Guess it's official :D

Reine
12-16-2005, 05:02 AM
Yes, Like I keep saying...

Be a good Square and release all your other SNES RPGs on GBA!

Final Fantasy,
Final Fantasy II,
Final Fantasy III,
Final Fantasy IV,
Final Fantasy V,
Final Fantasy VI,
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest,
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance,
Chrono Trigger,
Star Ocean,
Bahamut Lagoon,
Sword of Mana (Seiken Densetsu?)
The rest of the Mana/Seiken Densetsu series

With all these on GBA, I would be in portable gaming heaven!

Oh, and about Tales of Phantasia...I'll do a Sephex

*Head explodes*

Cool, thats awesome, Phantasia on GBA, Eternia on PSP
EDIT: Im sure its Eternia on PSP, or is it Rebirth?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-16-2005, 12:49 PM
I doubt the GBA could handle games like Chrono Trigger, Bahamut Lagoon, or Seiken Densetsu 3 without serious downgrading them. In fact, I have no idea how they're going to pull off the FFVI remake.

Alexander
12-16-2005, 02:18 PM
They kept "You spoony bard!".

That is the only thing I need to know to think it will rock. I will download it NOW. :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Crossblades
12-16-2005, 03:36 PM
EDIT: Im sure its Eternia on PSP, or is it Rebirth?

No, you're right. It's Eternia

I doubt the GBA could handle games like Chrono Trigger, Bahamut Lagoon, or Seiken Densetsu 3 without serious downgrading them. In fact, I have no idea how they're going to pull off the FFVI remake.

If they could pull off a FF VI remake, they could most definitly pull off a chrono Trigger remake

Sephex
12-16-2005, 10:56 PM
Yeah, but as Kishi said...I am not sure if they can pull it off right. Maybe they should...uh...dual weild the cartrageseses?.09

Yeah, I don't know either.