PDA

View Full Version : FFVI Re-Release Anybody?

GooeyToast
09-15-2005, 11:10 PM
With the recent accouncing of FFIV for the GBA, I think it's fair to say that in the near future, Square will probably re-release VI for the DS or GBA.

So if and when they do, would you buy it, and what kind of extra features would you like?

Wiegrahf42
09-16-2005, 02:40 AM
By all means! I would be interesting to see how they could incorporate the touch screen.

DJZen
09-16-2005, 03:18 AM
they'll probably remake it for DS or something eventually

Crossblades
09-16-2005, 03:21 AM
Nah, probably for the GBA. They would've released FF IV for the DS

GooeyToast
09-16-2005, 03:32 AM
Well, V is coming for the DS so I wouldn't rule it out.

Crossblades
10-08-2005, 05:24 PM

V is coming to GBA along with VI

DJZen
10-08-2005, 08:04 PM
I'm kinda suprised they went with GBA instead of DS for this one.

ljkkjlcm9
10-08-2005, 09:17 PM
I think it has to do with that they're completely remaking III for the DS to use the two screens and everything, and by porting it to the GBA, I'm sure it's a much easier process than making it for the DS, even if it were just a port, just because of the two screens and everything.... and it doesn't seem like they are drawing out the release of these games, like FFIV coming out this year when it was just announced. If they put it on the DS it would have required a lengthier period of time. Those are the reasons I see for the GBA instead of the DS...

THE JACKEL

GooeyToast
10-08-2005, 09:26 PM

V is coming to GBA along with VI

Yeah, I meant to say III.

Rengori
10-09-2005, 05:04 AM
They could also just release it for the PSP too.

ljkkjlcm9
10-09-2005, 06:41 AM
haha, no that's ok, I think they made the right decision with the GBA, the much better decision

THE JACKEL

Rini
10-09-2005, 02:48 PM
I'd love to see a remake, but sadly I don't have any "hand"-consoles, so I wouldn't get to enjoy the renewed game if it's done to DS or PSP or GBA x(

However, I would NEVER want to see a ps2 or 3 version with 3d graphics or voiceovers. The idea just seems so horrible (keeping FFX & X-2 voiceovers in mind)...

Slothy
10-09-2005, 05:21 PM
I think it has to do with that they're completely remaking III for the DS to use the two screens and everything, and by porting it to the GBA, I'm sure it's a much easier process than making it for the DS, even if it were just a port, just because of the two screens and everything.... and it doesn't seem like they are drawing out the release of these games, like FFIV coming out this year when it was just announced. If they put it on the DS it would have required a lengthier period of time. Those are the reasons I see for the GBA instead of the DS...

THE JACKAL

Also it could have to do with the fact that more people are going to have GBA's and/or DS than the DS alone, meaning more people can play it. Doesn't really explain why III would come out for the DS then, but I guess they figure they've gone so long without actually bringing it to this side of the Pacific that they should put a little extra effort into it.

Rengori
10-09-2005, 06:35 PM
haha, no that's ok, I think they made the right decision with the GBA, the much better decision

RANDOM BIT OF TEXT THAT WOULD PROBABLY BE IN HIS SIG
I meant that it would come out for the GBA and the PSP, that way everyone with a handheld system could play it. That, and I lost my GBA.

ljkkjlcm9
10-09-2005, 09:14 PM

RANDOM BIT OF TEXT THAT WOULD PROBABLY BE IN HIS SIG
I meant that it would come out for the GBA and the PSP, that way everyone with a handheld system could play it. That, and I lost my GBA.

Well with that logic, why'd the PSP even come out, that way all the games would be on the DS/GBA and everyone would be all set as well. Or why doesn't every console game come out for every console, so everyone with a console can play it. And plus, i hear they have emulation for your PSP, so you can play it anyways.

And don't complain about me signing my messages, I don't want a line before it says THE JACKEL everytime, it's like a signature, it's part of what I said, not a footnote

THE JACKEL

DJZen
10-09-2005, 10:19 PM
The DS has better sound hardware, meaning the opera scene could have been done with actual vocals. I'm sure they could use actual vocals on the GBA too, but that would be one expensive ass cart.

Slothy
10-10-2005, 03:51 AM
The DS has better sound hardware, meaning the opera scene could have been done with actual vocals. I'm sure they could use actual vocals on the GBA too, but that would be one expensive ass cart.

I think it would be a pretty expensive cart whether on the GBA or DS. Voices take a good deal of space as I understand it, something carts aren't known to have in abundance.

DJZen
10-10-2005, 06:40 PM
Quite right, my good man, although cartridges are very capable of containing over 1GB of information, you just have to be willing to pay money for it. However, the DS is I'm sure capable of handling a higher quality compression format with less strain on the hardware, making it a more viable option.

Necronopticous
10-10-2005, 06:45 PM
At the end of Kingdom Hearts: Chains of Memories there was a full version of Simple and Clean by Utada Hikaru with vocals. However, I don't expect to hear vocals during Maria & Draco.

DJZen
10-10-2005, 06:57 PM
I'm not gonna get my hopes up for it, but they ARE going to add features to the game. I was just musing on what would be a good feature to add.

Flying Mullet
10-10-2005, 07:10 PM
I just hope they don't remove the yaoi scene with Edgar and Sabin. :love:

Crossblades
10-10-2005, 07:13 PM
I'm curious to know what the new features will include

DMKA
10-10-2005, 08:22 PM
Hopefully this time the battle screen won't take 30 seconds to popup every time.

Slothy
10-10-2005, 08:28 PM
However, the DS is I'm sure capable of handling a higher quality compression format with less strain on the hardware, making it a more viable option.

An excellent point. Hadn't thought of that actually.

At the end of Kingdom Hearts: Chains of Memories there was a full version of Simple and Clean by Utada Hikaru with vocals.

And that kind of prooves me wrong. Although it wasn't that long ago that it was pretty much a given you wouldn't hear vocals on a handheld. I guess we can chalk this up to me not buying a handheld since the GB Color.

I think if they could do it, vocals might be pretty cool for the opera scene. I think I'd still want the original version in there though. I've got over ten years of nostalgia attached to that scene.

Rengori
10-10-2005, 08:49 PM
Hopefully this time the battle screen won't take 30 seconds to popup every time.
It was only roughly 3-5 seconds.

Necronopticous
10-10-2005, 09:23 PM
It's on a cartridge, so there will be no load times.

Also, I'm fairly positive there will be no vocals during Maria & Draco. After all, the synth pseudo-voice track was part of the charm.

charchar
11-02-2005, 08:37 PM
personally i hope they release them all on GBA, not that it matters right now with me not owning one. of course III will be on DS, unfortunately, so i can't just buy a GBA and get them all. i really want to get dawn of souls though...

can DS play Advance games? cause that would save me some trouble and money.

ljkkjlcm9
11-02-2005, 09:55 PM
personally i hope they release them all on GBA, not that it matters right now with me not owning one. of course III will be on DS, unfortunately, so i can't just buy a GBA and get them all. i really want to get dawn of souls though...

can DS play Advance games? cause that would save me some trouble and money.

wow uhm you're behind, FFIV, FFV, and FFVI are going to the GBA, and yes the DS plays GBA games, so eventually a DS could play FFI-FFVI

THE JACKEL

charchar
11-02-2005, 10:37 PM
heh. fancy that... of course, II and III are the only ones i haven't played. looking forward to it...

Fire_Emblem776
11-03-2005, 04:48 AM
i hope that the sound quality will be snes, and not the ps version. the ps killed the battle theme:cry:

ThroneofDravaris
11-03-2005, 07:12 AM
CZAR DRAGON CZAR DRAGON CZAR DRAGON CZAR DRAGON CZAR DRAGON CZAR DRAGON CZAR DRAGON CZAR DRAGON CZAR DRAGON CZAR DRAGON CZAR DRAGON CZAR DRAGON CZAR DRAGON CZAR DRAGON CZAR DRAGON CZAR DRAGON CZAR DRAGON CZAR DRAGON CZAR DRAGON CZAR DRAGON CZAR DRAGON CZAR DRAGON CZAR DRAGON CZAR DRAGON CZAR DRAGON CZAR DRAGON CZAR DRAGON CZAR DRAGON CZAR DRAGON CZAR DRAGON CZAR DRAGON CZAR DRAGON CZAR DRAGON CZAR DRAGON CZAR DRAGON CZAR DRAGON CZAR DRAGON CZAR DRAGON CZAR DRAGON CZAR DRAGON CZAR DRAGON CZAR DRAGON CZAR DRAGON CZAR DRAGON CZAR DRAGON CZAR DRAGON CZAR DRAGON CZAR DRAGON CZAR DRAGON CZAR DRAGON CZAR DRAGON CZAR DRAGON CZAR DRAGON CZAR DRAGON CZAR DRAGON CZAR DRAGON CZAR DRAGON CZAR DRAGON CZAR DRAGON CZAR DRAGON CZAR DRAGON CZAR DRAGON CZAR DRAGON CZAR DRAGON CZAR DRAGON CZAR DRAGON CZAR DRAGON CZAR DRAGON CZAR DRAGON CZAR DRAGON

Reine
11-03-2005, 07:18 AM
Remove the damn "65535" HP Limit!

Make Kefka more powerful!

Improved spell/summon graphics (think FF Origins/DoS :cool:)

A secret dungeon or two with powerful enemies and a secret uber boss!

Czar Dragon!

Kefka as a playable character! (I hacked the PS version to do this :cool:)