PDA

View Full Version : Its jsut Javelin never Jav2

Migitman
09-16-2005, 02:02 AM
I heard of Javelin 2 being hidden atop one of the 7 height pillars of the Nelveska temple and yet when I went on each the other of the two pillars had a suppoedly Escutcheon 2 as well. I went on the pillars with move-find item and found a regular escutcheon and regular javelin. I thought it may just be a failed find so I reset my playstation and sure enouph I recieve those same two crappy items. Then I thought maybe the 2 isn't in the name and so after the battle I try equipping them and they are regular items so I don't even bother. Can anyone tell me a way that I will actually get the items I want?

BG-57
09-16-2005, 02:42 AM
Lower the brave of the person searching. Close to 10 as possible. If you go below, they'll chicken out (literally!).

You can tell when you get the good stuff because Escutcheon (2) is gold, and Javalin (2) is blue. The 2's are not in the name, but if you have the regular Escutcheon and Javelin, they'll appear as different items in the list with the same names.

BTW, Nelveska Temple is the first chance you get to recruit the mighty Hydra class. If you want to tame a Hyrudra, equip Train instead of trying to use the Mediator's Invite. You can breed Tiamats, the best monster ally in the game, IMHO. Although it may be a low priority for you.

Don't forget to go for that Ninja Sword as well!

Migitman
09-17-2005, 03:25 PM
THeres a ninja sword in the temple?

Despotus
09-18-2005, 06:38 AM
The ninja sword, Sasuke Knife?, is behind the temple. There is a Nagrarock (a weak weapon but it adds 'frog' status too) :cool: inside the temple/cave.

BG-57
09-20-2005, 09:51 PM
The Sasuke Knife is a must-have since it's unique.

Worker 7 New starts out standing on the spot where you can the Nagrarock. It's not worth the bother though since you can get others by poaching Porkys.

Dark Messenger
09-25-2005, 03:49 PM
The Nagrarock also turns the target back from Frog status. It happened with a Two-Swords Knight...

Roogle
09-30-2005, 02:07 AM
For general information, Rafa is a good unit to give Move-Find Item to. She starts with naturally low Brave and it works well with her default ability skillset.

eestlinc
09-30-2005, 04:33 AM
also for reference, her low brave makes her a horrible monk.

Roogle
09-30-2005, 11:10 AM
Her poor barehanded fighting ability can be remedied, but some special skills and weapon attacks will be damaged by low Brave. Her Reaction Abilities activate at a much lower frequency.

It's best to have her Movement Ability as Move-Find Item to find the item that you're looking for and train her towards magical skillsets. Truth is a good skillset that takes advantage of her default statistics.