PDA

View Full Version : Gibli Favorites

Yew-Yevon
09-16-2005, 03:03 AM
Whats your fave Gibli film....heres some midi from mine :D

http://www.wingsee.com/ghibli/nausicaa/music/nausicaamidi05.mid

in fact heres the whole character data base... :D :love:

Nausicaa
Nausicaä is the beloved Princess of the Valley of the Wind. She is 16 years old, but her wisdom is far beyond her young age. She has dedicated herself to help her people, including trying to find a cure for the Fukai poison that so many suffers from. She is brave, courageous, intelligent, loyal, honest, and everything that one looks for in a true heroine. She stands tall against all adversaries and is willing to sacrifice her life in order to save those around her.

Nausicaä and her people moved to the Valley of the Wind when she was very young. It is uncertain when her Mother died, but it was probably after the family moved to the Valley. She loves her Father, King Jiru, very much and spends a great deal of time in the Fukais researching the plants in hopes of curing him and others like him of Fukai poison. Sadly though, her Father was killed when the Tolumekians attacked the Valley.

Nausicaä is an experienced jet-powered glider pilot and has a talent dealing with animals. She shows great compassion for animals and Fukai creatures alike and is somehow able to establish a connection with them. She is also very intelligent and spends a great deal of time researching Fukai plants. When she and Asbel fell deep to the bottom of the Fukais, she discovers the secret of Fukais and it is that they are actually cleansing the Earth of all the harmful chemicals that the mankind has injected into our world.

Nausicaä was killed trying to save people from an attack by the Omhus. She stood before the rush of angry creatures, sacrificing her life and so her people were saved. The Omhus, however, revived Nausicaä and she was brought back to life.

It is believed that Nausicaä is actually the saviour ancient legends have said will come to replenish all that has been lost and bring all mankind to a peaceful green field. Without doubt, Nausicaä has the every potential to complete this task.

the rest are here.
http://www.wingsee.com/ghibli/nausicaa/characters.html

DMKA
09-16-2005, 03:05 AM
Spirited Away is my favorite.

kikimm
09-16-2005, 03:17 AM
Probably Princess Mononoke. If you've seen it, I shouldn't have to explain why. If you haven't, please buy it. :monster:

There's so many that I haven't seen, though, which makes me...angry.

Rini
10-04-2005, 12:07 PM
I've only seen Nausicaa, Totoro, Mononoke, Spirited Away, The Cat Returns and Howl's Moving Castle which is the newest, I just saw it last weekend :P

All of these have been really great, especially the Cat Returns, 'cause it has cats in it ^^; No seriously, Howl's Moving Castle is by far the best along with Princess Mononoke. It's kinda hard to even try to explain why, they just are :D Maybe it's because they provide so much to think about that they never really leave you bored, not once during the movie. *shrug* anyhoo, everyone should go see Howl's Moving Castle (I think it's "Hauru no Ugoku Shiro" or somethin like that in japanese :3).

By the way, its "Ghibli", not Gibli. :)

Luara
10-04-2005, 03:35 PM
Spirited Away is my favorite.

Dreddz
10-04-2005, 06:00 PM
Probably Princess Mononoke

TheAbominatrix
10-04-2005, 06:04 PM
Spirited Away is mine, but My Neighbor Totoro will always hold a special place in my heart :skull3:

edczxcvbnm
10-04-2005, 06:18 PM
Kiki's Delivery Service.

Necronopticous
10-04-2005, 07:24 PM
<B>Totoro</B>, thank you.