PDA

View Full Version : AC vs TSW

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
09-16-2005, 06:27 AM
Ok (now that the servers are done changing on eyesonff), for those of you who have ripped Advent Children and have also seen The Spirits Within, how would you compare these movies?

Say whether or not you liked The Spirits Within, then say how good or bad it was. I've seen it, but this not usually the forum to discuss that movie, so put spoiler tags on your spoilers.

Then discuss Advent Children in a strictly non-spoiling matter. Negative approxiately 30 days is way less than positive 4 years, so no spoils in this part of your post. Tell me whether or not you liked it, then say how good or bad it is, then give some general reasons, like you would find in a review about a movie where they don't want to give away too much of the plot.

Legal examples when explaining your conclusion about AC, "Too slow/fast/perfect, weak/good plot, I did(n't) like the ending that I won't describe, the music stunk/rocked, I did(n't) like so and so (as much as in the game)..."

Me, I thought TSW was ok, but it was hard getting attached to new characters so fast. This problem might be alleviated in Advent Children. It should, actually. The voices weren't too bad. I only recognised one guy from Armageddon, and he was cool. The plot was interesting, I guess. Unfortunately, I don't have it, so I haven't seen it in a while, so the plot isn't that memorable to me. The characters were kinda cool I guess. Aki was kinda hot. Oh, and the art was really cool in that movie.

I haven't seen AC yet, but I get the feeling it will be better, at least that's what I'm hoping. Not a lot of people liked the movie, in and out of the gaming community, but I see a lot of people in the gaming community liking AC, so I have a feeling it'll do better. Hopefully you guys will reinforce my confidence by saying it's better than TSW.

Rostum
09-16-2005, 06:54 AM
I liked TSW, and AC was also good, if not better!

DMKA
09-16-2005, 07:18 AM
I liked both films, but FFVII: AC was superiour by trillions upon trillions of lightyears.

BackRoomKid
09-16-2005, 07:32 AM
AC > TSW

period

but TSW was descent, don't get me wrong

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
09-16-2005, 02:56 PM
The one thing is despised about TSW is that they tried to get you as attached to the characters as they possibly can, with aki infected n all and then they just kill them all off (Except aki) in the end! that for me was stupid and pointless!

AC did have its own flaws but the shear fact that it did a decent job of covering imo one of the best ff's in the series, wins it for me!

Faith in SE ... restored!

Shoden
09-16-2005, 04:46 PM
AC 200% better.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
09-17-2005, 05:16 AM
This is what I like to see. 11-1 (1=Origin). It's almost split down the middle so far with TSW. Looks like people like AC whether or not they liked TSW, which is always good. Wow, no votes for liking TSW and not liking Advent Children.

Is Origin the only person here who didn't like AC? And there are like 20 people (well, let's see after everyone votes) who like it.

I doubt Square is making a mistake making another movie. This one won't bomb like the last one. Assuming everyone buys a copy, those who've already downloaded!

Dreddz
09-17-2005, 11:52 AM
I disliked both, maybe TSW a bit more....

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
09-17-2005, 06:35 PM
Oh no, a couple more votes for not liking AC. Well, 11-3. Come on guys! It should be 2-10-1-10!

natecub25
09-17-2005, 07:13 PM
I loved both! But I love AC more due to i felt more attached to the characters, than TSW. There was a great many WOW moments in AC than there were in TSW. :)

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
09-17-2005, 07:24 PM
huh? were or were not.

ChaosTheory
09-17-2005, 10:06 PM
I've seen em both(I've already bought AC so downloading it is legal for me in my book!) and I enjoyed AC more. TSW was great and all, but kind of a let down at the same time, just because it really didn't end well. I won't say more about it.

AC had a great opening, had all my favorite characters, and basically brought the world of FFVII alive again. Plus, seeing Tifa kick someone in the head(you can see that in the trailers) always is a plus.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
09-17-2005, 11:06 PM
hey ya bought it? how? is it out all of a sudden?

Shlup
09-18-2005, 01:36 AM
I found watching TSW to be a huge waste of my time. AC, however, I will probably watch several times.

Akari Amano
09-18-2005, 07:35 AM
i liked both...

but i like ffvii ac the best

ChaosTheory
09-19-2005, 12:16 AM
hey ya bought it? how? is it out all of a sudden?

I've already pre-bought it, I should have said.

Instead of just putting five bucks down to reserve it, I just went ahead and paid in whole so I can just go and pick it up when it's released.

Necronopticous
09-19-2005, 12:43 AM
They were both fantastic films.

Strawberry_Mew
09-19-2005, 08:34 PM
Well I thought that TSW story line was a bit boring XP but it was a alil bit kool but AC just totaly tops the cake XD