PDA

View Full Version : The Battle over Narshe-help!

Zell>Everything
09-16-2005, 06:37 AM
Ok, perhaps I'm just an idiot, but I think there's a good chance my ROM is skulled. Some mog talks to you and you have to organsie your party into three groups right? Well, through failure on the part of either man or machine, I can't get past this screen. I've tried arranging the parties into three columns in the top left corner, as well as three rows, but when I click start it just gives me the "You need three groups(s)!" message. Where am I going wrong? I don't particularly want to have come this far and have to just quit. Thanks in advance.
Oh, perhaps a screen shot of a correctly ordered 3 parties if possible? Gracias.

Strider
09-16-2005, 06:39 AM
It's just it. You need to have three separate groups.

There's three boxes along the bottom of the screen. At least one character must be in all three of those boxes. It can be... 2-2-3 or 3-1-3 or whatever you like.

x_Hopeless_Deviate_x
09-16-2005, 07:13 AM
Believe me hun, it may seem like you've gone pretty far into the game, but you're just starting it.
I remember the first time I played FF6 about 7 years ago I wasn't very good at RPGs yet and I was devastated when I was stuck on the first encounter with Ultros!
Anyways, good luck and have fun!
;)

Momiji
09-16-2005, 09:25 AM
Hint: Make one party with 4 of your best characters, and go directly to Kefka. The other parties can handle themselves in the back to defend. This part irritated me too.

Jiro
09-19-2005, 04:39 AM
Yea. i made a party of four but i took out evey soldier first then went for kefka

Flying Mullet
09-19-2005, 02:25 PM
Yeah, that's what I usually do too.

I typically use Terra, Celes and Edgar as they can attack all enemies though magic or tools, and then one other to tag along with the group.

Sasquatch
09-19-2005, 04:52 PM
Hmm.

I usually make three semi-equal parties. Sabin is in one party, usually with two other people, unless he's got Fire Dance by then, then he's only with one other person. Gau is in a party with one other person, because he's got Pteradon (and thus, Fireball). And Edgar has the Bio Blaster, so he's only got one other person with him. Usually, if Sabin has Fire Dance, I'll put Locke and Terra/Celes with Gau, because Fireball doesn't kill everybody. Then Cyan and Celes/Terra will be split up between Sabin's party and Edgar's party. I'll put everybody in their spots between the rocks so none of the soldiers can get past them to Banon, and wait for them to get to me...after a while, I'll move them up a little bit, so only two of them are fighting, and make the middle one go towards Kefka...but usually I make sure I kill all the soldiers before Kefka goes down. And I'll use my party of three on Kefka -- either have Celes/Terra would attack and heal with magic (or maybe runic, depending on how much damage he's doing with his magic), Locke would steal a time or two then attack with the Gauntlet or Genji Glove, and Gau would do something powerful like Stray Cat (Catscratch).

Mayb next time I'll do that, make one good party and have them do all the work.

Zell>Everything
09-20-2005, 10:00 PM
Update guys-being the moody goth kid I am, all boxes were set to black. As such the three blocks at the bottom were invisible :P Heh, and now to continue with the game...

DocFrance
09-21-2005, 02:22 PM
Good luck with that. I've found the best strategy is to put Edgar in a group alone. With his Bio Blaster, he can take out all of the first wave of soldiers (the green ones, I think) in one turn.

Jaffer
09-23-2005, 03:14 PM
I always let one full team rush to Kefka and two other serround Banon

Taiyou
09-28-2005, 07:55 AM
Generally what I do is put Sabin, Gau, and Cyan into one group.. have Sabin Fire Dance, Cyan use his Swordtechs and have Gau use the Hazer Rage since he has Bolt 2 from that and more often than naught, he uses the spell on all of the enemies, eliminating them all. Terra and Edgar are in another group -- Terra uses Fire on them all and Edgar uses Autocrossbow. Locke attacks in the last group, while Celes uses Ice. I keep the group of three in the area where two lines of soldiers come in on the left and on the other side, Celes and Locke are on the far right and Terra and Edgar are in the middle....

But that's just me. ^_^