PDA

View Full Version : SephoriTH and AeriTH

BackRoomKid
09-16-2005, 07:06 AM
Sooo just a quick question for discussion.

I don't really wanna go to in dept with translation and stuff like that, cuz that's in other threads, i just wanna know something

Is the "TH" in SephoriTH the same as the "TH" in AeriTH? (pronounced as the sound of an "s")

cuz i noticed that on Advent Children....it sounds like they're saying "seph-eee-ous"

Mitch
09-16-2005, 10:50 AM
I always thought it was Aeries

Captain Maxx Power
09-16-2005, 11:30 AM
Isn't Sephiroth merely the word used to describe the Jewish End of Days, or at least some aspect of it?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-16-2005, 02:46 PM
The Sephiroth is the Kabbalistic path to God. Has nothing to do with the apocalypse.

And yes, the "th" is the same. Sephiroth is sefirosu, and Aeris is earisu.

G SpOtZ
09-16-2005, 03:04 PM
The Sephiroth is the Kabbalistic path to God. Has nothing to do with the apocalypse.

And yes, the "th" is the same. Sephiroth is sefirosu, and Aeris is earisu.
he's right. but that's just for japanese. i personally think sephiroTH sounds way better than sephiroS

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-16-2005, 03:12 PM
Of course. Sephiroth is obviously the intended transliteration since the reference wouldn't make sense otherwise.

HunterFlamebrow
09-17-2005, 12:20 AM
That would explain why they say his name funny on One-Winged Angel as well. I was wondering . . .

BackRoomKid
09-17-2005, 06:16 AM
alrigh, so it IS like Aerith (Aeris)

okay, thanx for the clarity

Vyk
09-17-2005, 08:41 PM
Indeed, you can tell very clearly when they're singing one winged angel. Except that also brings to light the whole Aerith/Aeris issue. See... "Aerith" is supposed to be pronounced like "Aeris". Well Sephiroth... its supposed to sound like Sephiroth... apparently. Bah, forget it. I don't want to get into it when I already know the answers XD I just find it ironic that the argument bends around backwards when talking about someone else. But I guess that's because she's supposedly a reference to "Earth" so it works the same in the end.