PDA

View Full Version : FF7 Remake on PS3 Real?

Tidus Andronicus
09-16-2005, 08:51 AM
Sorry if this is already posted somewhere... lol

There is appearently a lot of stuff going around about that Final Fantasy 7 tech demo at E3... actually becoming a REAL FF7 remake game! Mainly because at TGS, the FF7 demo they have running no longer says "just a tech demo"
And because in an exclusive one-on-one interview with 1up.com, "Nomura admitted freely that, should he find the time once all of his current projects are completed, he would like to take the mouth-watering Final Fantasy VII tech demo for PlayStation 3 and turn it into the complete remake for which fans of the original have been clamoring for years."

If this actually happens, it might actually encurage me to play through FF7 again! ^__^// And this would be a great way to get some younger kids to actually play FF7, and introduce a younger generation to Final Fantasy games! :p

http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3143672&did=1

(course I would also love to see FF8 remade...=P)

Jenova
09-16-2005, 09:18 AM
They said there is currently no plan to remake ff7. They just redid the intro to show off ps3 graphics.

Captain Maxx Power
09-16-2005, 11:35 AM
As always the situation is thusly. IF they remade FF7, it would cost less than your average game, but more than FF7 was made on. So from the get-go it's technically a more expensive game. You've got to do things such as remake the backgrounds (most likely fully 3D sans switchable Camera Angles), the characters, the animations, the battle screens etc. while the story and what not will be set in stone. So the actual creation time would be shorter than a normal game, and probably shorter than the time it took to make FF7. Now if they released the game chances are it would do extremely well, being as popular as it is, and how everytime something remotely FF7 looking comes out everyone pounces on with the "OMG ROFL FF7 REMAKE!!!!111" comments.

So we're looking at a situation where they have a choice. They could either spend less time and money on a game, or the usual amount on another game. I guess at the end of the day it's not a question of how lucrative it would be, but rather the question of whether or not Squenix wants to simply move on in terms of their game creation, which I believe they do. I hope they do anyway, otherwise we'd all still be playing Pacman and Space Invaders.

Light Mage
09-16-2005, 12:45 PM
But the CAN move on in terms of game "creation"... it just wont be a new story or magic system, etc.

It's not like they'll simply be converting it to another patform *cough*FFIV*cough* but making a new game (in a sense) reusing a very popular idea.

I'm not saying I want something DIFFERENT to FFVII - in the same way that the Zelda games are all different - as it'll have the same plot, story, combat system, weapons/armour/magic, etc etc. (Besides, look at how popular Zelda is these days...)

Does that make sense?

bipper
09-16-2005, 01:19 PM
What would be sweet is if they made the game, and added an epolouge of sorts. Square needs to make a decent collector's remake. Working Designs remakes should be what squaresoft's design team should go for. Throw a ton of colector items in there, mabey tweak plotholes and stuff; make Aries revivable and give cloud the ability to killer her before Sepiroth can ! :D

I would like to see square put as much pride in FF as Working Designs gave top lunar. I never bought any of thier collections, as they looked like a waste to me.

Bipper

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
09-16-2005, 02:08 PM
If square have remade four onto another console, y not 7 is wot gets me. It wud sell for the same price as any other ps3 game (does anyone no wot that is by the way?) and it wud take less money to make. i wud gladly sell my mother to get my hands on that game :D

Sephiroth_Lionhear88
09-16-2005, 02:21 PM
if they would make a remake of VII (and i definitely hope they do:D) i think they have to make some new stuff you know like extra sidequests and more options etc etc because if they don't there's a big chance lots of people won't buy it because it's just the same old game just polished up a bit.

for the record i would buy it:p

Tidus Andronicus
09-16-2005, 02:57 PM
The reason I started this thread, was to descuse that Nomura seems to actually want to remake FF7 if he can! And the other thing is that Square wasn't saying the FF7 graphics demo, was just a demo anymore. They seem to be encuraging the rumor of a FF7 remake... lol

I know the general idea, is that we shouldn't hope for a true FF7 remake... but who knows... I think the FF7 graphics demo has sparked memories for some of the Square guys, cause they keep dropping hints. lol

Course this could all just be a silly marketing ploy... =/

Light Mage
09-16-2005, 07:10 PM
You have to wonder why they've put effort into creating and making Dirge of Cerberus and Advent Children considering FFVII is now about 8 years old.

Skyblade
09-16-2005, 07:43 PM
As always the situation is thusly. IF they remade FF7, it would cost less than your average game, but more than FF7 was made on. So from the get-go it's technically a more expensive game. You've got to do things such as remake the backgrounds (most likely fully 3D sans switchable Camera Angles), the characters, the animations, the battle screens etc. while the story and what not will be set in stone. So the actual creation time would be shorter than a normal game, and probably shorter than the time it took to make FF7. Now if they released the game chances are it would do extremely well, being as popular as it is, and how everytime something remotely FF7 looking comes out everyone pounces on with the "OMG ROFL FF7 REMAKE!!!!111" comments.

So we're looking at a situation where they have a choice. They could either spend less time and money on a game, or the usual amount on another game. I guess at the end of the day it's not a question of how lucrative it would be, but rather the question of whether or not Squenix wants to simply move on in terms of their game creation, which I believe they do. I hope they do anyway, otherwise we'd all still be playing Pacman and Space Invaders.

Don't diss Pacman and Space Invaders. Awesome games.

Anyway, you're right for the most part. However, despite their desire to move on, I think that in terms of business opportunities that a remake of FFVIII would be one of the smartest things they could do. For less time and effort they could make a game that would probably make more money than their current next planned release.

Crop
09-16-2005, 07:45 PM
Cant they just leave a game as a game instead of making all new things about ti, I say they should have left FFVII as it was.

Shoden
09-16-2005, 08:03 PM
remaking 8 would be a waste of money but 7 on the other hand will bring in loads.

Dreddz
09-16-2005, 08:22 PM
I still dont think a remake will happen.....

ISRviper
09-16-2005, 09:05 PM
maybe aquare should start a pole or petition, asking how many people would buy FF7 if they remade it for PS3.... and maybe if they see that a large amount of people would buy the game than maybe they would think aboute reamking it. This would also mean that FFXIII would be put on a hold, or they would make both things simoltanesly.

Destai
09-16-2005, 09:17 PM
maybe aquare should start a pole or petition, asking how many people would buy FF7 if they remade it for PS3.... and maybe if they see that a large amount of people would buy the game than maybe they would think aboute reamking it. This would also mean that FFXIII would be put on a hold, or they would make both things simoltanesly.
Theyre already thinking and working out how the sales and costs, profits etc. would go if they remake it. and they know people would buy it.

KoShiatar
09-16-2005, 09:25 PM
I have the impression they are waiting to see what happens with the Compilation of FF VII.
It would be nice if they decided to end it with a bang - which is the remake. But this proves nothing at all.

Winter Nights
09-16-2005, 09:37 PM
If they make a remake... I'd buy it, for the simple fact that my PS1 copy is broken. Prolly would, even if it wasn't broken.

If they don't make a remake.. I'll rebuy the PS1 copy and be perfectly fine with that.

It would be awesome to have, but it's not that big a deal. I'd prefer to have a new game, than a new version of an old game.

As for whether or not they will actually remake it.. Who knows? At first, it seemed to be just a Tech Demo. There was one for FF6 on N64 and one for FF8 on PS2.

But, there seems to be a buzz about this one both within Square-Enix and with the fans themselves that wasn't there with the others. Fans definately will drop mundo cash on it and the dev team at SE is definately interested. To me, it seems like a perfect business plan for Square-Enix to build some extra cash.

And based on the fact that Nomura went from "It's just a tech Demo, it means nothing." to "I'd love to remake it, once I have time." in a matter of months, tells me it may just be a matter of waiting for the official announcement. Maybe at the next E3 or TGS. *shrugs*

DJZen
09-16-2005, 09:55 PM
If they make it, I'll buy it.

But if they ****ing make Aeris ****ing revivable, I'll ****ing kill the person in charge of the decision with my own ****ing hands!

ISRviper
09-16-2005, 09:57 PM
Do you guys think if they do plan on making a remake that they should add some extra stuff to the game, (more side quests or just more stuff in total) so for those people that will be saying that they would buy it only if they add more stuff. Most people (Rpg fans but not Hardcore final fantasy fans) wouldn't buy a game just because it looks better. As for me..... I am already starting to save up money so I can buy a PS3, and hopefully a remake of FFVII

Destai
09-16-2005, 10:06 PM
Do you guys think if they do plan on making a remake that they should add some extra stuff to the gameyes

Winter Nights
09-16-2005, 10:27 PM
Not really caring if they add extra quests. Expand the existing ones maybe. I WOULD like it if they clean up the translation abit.

"This guy are sick." :p

DarknessFromAbove
09-16-2005, 10:45 PM

But if they ****ing make Aeris ****ing revivable, I'll ****ing kill the person in charge of the decision with my own ****ing hands!
lol, you're funny ^_^

DMKA
09-16-2005, 10:50 PM

Yes.

TheKolkster
09-17-2005, 12:58 AM
They said there is currently no plan to remake ff7. They just redid the intro to show off ps3 graphics.

Um... duh. And that was five months ago... Things have changed.

DK
09-17-2005, 01:28 AM
Not really caring if they add extra quests. Expand the existing ones maybe. I WOULD like it if they clean up the translation abit.

"This guy are sick." :p

If they removed that line it would be a great tragedy.

If they were going to remake it, i'd like additional sidequests, a vastly update chocobo growth/racing thing, and also a huge gold saucer. But the one thing they should most definitly leave alone is the Materia system, which has been my favourite magic system in any RPG, let alone FF. Oh, and no voice acting. It would be completely wrong to have voice acting in this game. In fact i'm not even sure how much I'd want the graphics to change. What if they completely redid everything? Different cities and all. That would be...well, i've played this game so many times. It seems wrong to think about it in a different world. Adding an FFX style battle system wouldn't be so bad, with switching characters in battle, though that's it, the limit breaks were fine as they were.

However, I did read somewhere that they said IF they were ever to consider making this game again, it would take them 5 years to do it. So it wont be for a long, long time even if they do do it.

Winter Nights
09-17-2005, 02:03 AM
The 5 years bit was clearly an excuse, as the 1up interview states that the notion of the remake has apparently come up many times within SE meetings.

Also it doesn't make much sense that updating an existing game would take as long, if not longer than making a new game would. It seems to me, the process would go through quicker.

Cloud No.9
09-17-2005, 02:27 AM
konami will probably remake sh1 for ps3. that's the rumour anyway. gamecube had the re's. plenty of pacman stuff out these days. so why not?

it would be nice to see them all with hands and nose and lips and ears

Rengori
09-17-2005, 02:34 AM
Seeing as how many people are bringing this up, perhaps.

Gnostic Yevon
09-17-2005, 02:54 AM
I'm not sure I want this. FF7 is fine as it is. Yes it would look great on PS3, but I wish square would tattoo one concept on their eyebrows -- NEW CONTENT. It's taken well over 5 years for FF12 (last original offine FF was released in Dec. 2000 to Mar 2006 for FF12). On the other hand in the same time period they've planned 5 full fledged spin offs of FF7.

Sorry guy's but I'm all Aerised out. I want at least one full fledged FF game (FFXI and expansions don't count -- no storyline) before the even utter the words "remake of FF7". Even from a franchise point of view this makes sense. We already have 6 remakes and 10 original FF games. Slightly more than a third of FF games right now are rehashed versions of earlier material. And 83% of those spinoffs are directly related to FF7 (and 100% of them contain pretty obvious references).

I don't care if they make the new remake sometime during the life of the ps3, but what I want from SE is NEW CONTENT, or at least that's what I want more. If the trend continues, your kids will be shocked to learn that there was once a time when FF7 was a single game and not a collection of stories vaguely related to a guy named cloud.

Winter Nights
09-17-2005, 03:18 AM
Well, since it wuld be on PS3 and FF12 will be out before that.. Somehow, I think you'd get your wish there.

TheKolkster
09-17-2005, 04:33 AM
If this game is remade (Which we all know it will be), I think they should add the resurection of Aeris and the death of Marlene and Aeris's mother. Those were all left out in the original :\

bipper
09-17-2005, 04:53 AM
Death of Marline wtfomgz!?

oh.... her mother :D I do agree with the resurection of Aries bit though, just to let her fan have a great time when she takes the difficuty factor our of the game with great gospel :) /flex

Bipper

TheAbominatrix
09-17-2005, 04:56 AM
If they added Aerith's resurrection, that would not only ruin the drama and meaning, but it would also contradict Advent Children and any other sequels. Aerith's resurrection wasnt 'left out', it was never intended to happen.

Also, both Aerith's adopted mother and Marlene lived through the game. They escaped meteor in Kalm. Marlene is seen in the end and in Advent Children.

As far as the remake happening, when Square announces it I'll care. Until then, as far as I'm concerned, it isnt happening. I'd like to see it, but I'm not gonna freak everytime Square vaguely mentions it.

TheKolkster
09-17-2005, 05:43 AM
Gah, I need new sources. I was told they were going to Resurrect Aeris, but ran out of time. And I also read that Marlene and Aeris's mother were caught and gassed by Shinra.

As far as the remake happening, when Square announces it I'll care. Until then, as far as I'm concerned, it isnt happening. I'd like to see it, but I'm not gonna freak everytime Square vaguely mentions it.

It already has happened... :P

TheAbominatrix
09-17-2005, 06:56 AM
No, it hasnt. Nomura said he would like to when he has time. That doesnt mean anything. Nomura is not Square as a whole, and when will he have time? That isnt an announcement. When SQUARE says that they're remaking FFVII, then I'll care. Saying they would like to or that they might is not saying that they will.

As for Aerith's supposed resurrection, read Squall of SeeD's post here http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=17635

And Marlene is quite clearly in the ending FMV of VII, and her role in Advent Children is very prominent.

From the game:

Barret
"Hey! What's gonna happen to Marlene!?"

Cait Sith
"Doncha worry none, Marlene's in a safe place. She's with
Aerith's mama."

(Barret scratches his forehead and turns away.)

Cait Sith
"Barret!!"

(He bounds over to Barret.)

Cait Sith
"What was that scratching just now!?"
"As long as Marlene is safe, who cares what else happens, right?"

We later find out that 'safe place' is Kalm, thanks to the events in the ending FMV.

ISRviper
09-17-2005, 07:30 AM
I think it is there duty to remake FFVII... even if it does take 5 years, there will be a whole new generation of people by than that haven't played the original FFVII, and anyone that hasn't played FFVII will probably miss out on the best Final fantasy game to come out.

TheKolkster
09-17-2005, 07:42 AM
No, it hasnt. Nomura said he would like to when he has time. That doesnt mean anything. Nomura is not Square as a whole, and when will he have time? That isnt an announcement. When SQUARE says that they're remaking FFVII, then I'll care. Saying they would like to or that they might is not saying that they will.

I don't care what that bum says. Hes just saying that to throw everyone off. Hes secretly working on it and thats how hes hiding it. And this spring when we all go to the gaming store to get a PS3, we'll see FFVII on the shelves :D

As for Aerith's supposed resurrection, read Squall of SeeD's post here http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=17635

And Marlene is quite clearly in the ending FMV of VII, and her role in Advent Children is very prominent.

From the game:

Barret
"Hey! What's gonna happen to Marlene!?"

Cait Sith
"Doncha worry none, Marlene's in a safe place. She's with
Aerith's mama."

(Barret scratches his forehead and turns away.)

Cait Sith
"Barret!!"

(He bounds over to Barret.)

Cait Sith
"What was that scratching just now!?"
"As long as Marlene is safe, who cares what else happens, right?"

We later find out that 'safe place' is Kalm, thanks to the events in the ending FMV.

It's been so long since I've beaten the game, I guess I forogt about that. Either that or I didn't read it :\

Winter Nights
09-17-2005, 11:26 AM
*shrugs* PS3 debuts in Japan next winter. Most of Nomura's FFVII work (as well as KH2) will have released by then, at least in Japan. If they WERE going to remake FFVII, it would seem to me that they would want to do it quickly after the other FFVII items were released. So if it is to happen, I'd expect an official announcement late 2006/early 2007. If they choose to work on a different PS3 FF or Nomura starts picking up other projects, I doubt it will ever happen. The interest in the fan base will always be there, cause it is FF7.. But that interest will not be as prominent, once the other FF7 items have been out for a good while. With FF12 and KH2 coming out as well, a lot of fans will already have put more of there interest in those games, anyway. For a remake to be the hit that it would seem right now, timing would have to be right.

If all that seemed random and chaotic... Blame the fact that I just woke up. :p

KoShiatar
09-17-2005, 10:02 PM

And I'll be there to help you.

cid7
09-18-2005, 12:02 AM
ok i really hope with all my heart and soul that they remake the orignal. And this is what i want. Actuall dialouge, and much better graphics thats all. Don't mess with the storyline just keep everything verbatium to the orginal for ps 1. I hjave a feeling that they will because all great games have seem to be in the process of being remade like sonic the hedgehog, the legand of zelda. so this has got to join the masses of remade better looking games.

Light Mage
09-18-2005, 12:16 PM
"This guy are sick." is as much a classic FF line as "You spoony bard!"

:D

Alive-Cat
09-18-2005, 01:24 PM
Well, seen as they're making an FF7 sequal on the ps3, (not Dirge of ceberus) they're bound to remake 7. It's the natural business move, because they'd make billions out of it.

TheAbominatrix
09-18-2005, 01:53 PM
There hasnt been an FFVII game for the PS3 announced. The only other game aside from DoC that hasnt come out yet is Crisis Core, and that's slated for PSP.

Slothy
09-18-2005, 02:26 PM
If square have remade four onto another console, y not 7 is wot gets me.

It would cost slightly more to remake 7 for the PS3 than to slap 4 onto a handheld. And by slightly, I mean a hell of a lot more.

Frankly, I don't want a remake. I want new games, not old ones I've played countless times for the better part of a decade. Yeah, I think a remake would be cool, but I'd rather a new experience entirely. Give me a new game, with new graphics, new and exciting gameplay, new characters that are so well written I become as attached to them as I did the characters in 6 and 7, and give us a new and original story. And considering the original game was done so well overall (despite the sometimes sketchy translation), I don't think it warrants a remake, certainly not in the same way RE was remade. FF7, unlike the original RE has actually stood the test of time very well.

Tidus Andronicus
09-20-2005, 09:17 AM
http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3143672

Here is a video of the interview with Nomura, about 4 minutes and 20 seconds into it, they start talking about an FF7 remake.

Its still the same kind of answer though, "If there is time, we would like to do it."

bipper
09-21-2005, 02:15 AM
what is with the blantent hate of Aeris. My god. The only person that had a semi-decent reason for not doing it is TheAbominatrix. IF they made a remake and IF you could revie her and IF you don't like her then DON'T DO IT.

It should simply be an extra tidbit, that has no effect on the story line, but lets those who would like to use her, to use her. I think that haters would be find if you could revive her then kill her again, repeat. So there, everyone is happy?no?

Bipper

TheAbominatrix
09-21-2005, 02:21 AM
It's not out of hate of Aerith, it's about ruining the dramatic element. It's pointless to revive her as it goes against all the reasons the creators killed her off in the first place.

Even people who love Aerith have disagreed with this in the past. It has nothing to do with disliking her, it has to do with not ruining the continuity of the stories and not ruining the drama of it.

KoShiatar
09-21-2005, 10:01 PM
It's not out of hate of Aerith, it's about ruining the dramatic element. It's pointless to revive her as it goes against all the reasons the creators killed her off in the first place.

Even people who love Aerith have disagreed with this in the past. It has nothing to do with disliking her, it has to do with not ruining the continuity of the stories and not ruining the drama of it.

I couldn't have said it better.

Light Mage
09-22-2005, 10:03 AM
Light Mage: "If they don't lazarus Aeris they should have a new healing-type character, how about the Nurse from Mideel as a playable character?"

nik0tine
09-22-2005, 11:13 AM
Don't listen to anybody here who says that they arent going to remake FF7 becuase they are. Anybody who says otherwise is a liar and anybody who tries to back up their argument with evidence is obviously making /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif up. I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE FF7 REMAKE!!!!!!!

ljkkjlcm9
09-22-2005, 11:56 AM
you people have to realize something, the only games that have been remade with completely new graphics, were 1, 2, and 3! That's because of how old they were and how far behind the times, plus, compared to making them into full 3-d going from 8 to 16 bit isn't all that difficult.

Ok so they added FMVs to IV V and VI, but not enough to consider it a remake. I'd say the most they'd ever do is re-release FFVII with a few things updated here and there, but not a complete graphical remake. But I highly doubt they would do that either because you can still buy the PS1 copy and play it on your PS3. OF course, Square has proved me wrong before, such as their first sequel to an FF game, FFX-2 and the like, so who knows. But I still think it won't happen, and personally, I don't want it to because all it will do is hype up this overrated game some more, don't get me wrong people it's a great game, but it's still overrated.
(I'd like an FFVI remake just as much as an FFVII)

THE JACKAL

Squall of SeeD
09-22-2005, 04:21 PM
The 5 years bit was clearly an excuse, as the 1up interview states that the notion of the remake has apparently come up many times within SE meetings.

Also it doesn't make much sense that updating an existing game would take as long, if not longer than making a new game would. It seems to me, the process would go through quicker.

It would take just as long, if not longer. Hell, look at how long Final Fantasy XII has taken. They've been working on that since 2001.

All that could be reused from VII is the script. Nothing else. And the script is the fastest-conceived part of a game. It's all the graphical rendering that takes up time. Kitase's projection of five years was very realistic.

Don't listen to anybody here who says that they arent going to remake FF7 becuase they are. Anybody who says otherwise is a liar and anybody who tries to back up their argument with evidence is obviously making /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif up. I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE FF7 REMAKE!!!!!!!

And anybody who spouts off like this is obviously incapable of accepting the truth and has chosen to withdraw into a world born of delusions. Nomura has stated that it's something he'd like to do if ever has the time. However, there's no foreseeable opportunity for him to have the time for at least more than another year. Listen to what the guy said himself. Jesus Christ.

you people have to realize something, the only games that have been remade with completely new graphics, were 1, 2, and 3!

I wouldn't even call those remakes, because they just enhanced what was there instead of remaking it all over again with different graphics.

Slothy
09-22-2005, 06:56 PM

And anybody who spouts off like this is obviously incapable of accepting the truth and has chosen to withdraw into a world born of delusions. Nomura has stated that it's something he'd like to do if ever has the time. However, there's no foreseeable opportunity for him to have the time for at least more than another year. Listen to what the guy said himself. Jesus Christ.

I think you may need to calm down a little. I'm fairly certain nik0tine was kidding.

Dignified Pauper
09-22-2005, 07:26 PM
ZoMG TEH FINEL FANTESIE VI1 IS GETTInG ReMDAE!! I Am TEH EXCITED!

VI and IV need remade. They'd bring people into FF's.

nik0tine
09-22-2005, 08:03 PM
And anybody who spouts off like this is obviously incapable of accepting the truth and has chosen to withdraw into a world born of delusions. Nomura has stated that it's something he'd like to do if ever has the time. However, there's no foreseeable opportunity for him to have the time for at least more than another year. Listen to what the guy said himself. Jesus Christ. :p

Carl the Llama
09-22-2005, 11:19 PM

[TR][TD]yes i definately agree, i wouldnt ever want a way to revive aeris as it would ruin the speech that Cloud makes:

Cloud: ...Shut up. The cycle of nature and your stupid plan don't mean a thing.
Aerith is gone. Aerith will no longer talk, no longer laugh, cry...... or get
angry...... What about us...... what are WE supposed to do? What about my pain?
My fingers are tingling. My mouth is dry. My eyes are burning!

Sephiroth: What are you saying? Are you trying to tell me you have feelings too?

Cloud: Of course! Who do you think I am!?

Sephiroth: Ha, ha, ha...... Stop acting as if you were sad. There's no need to
act as though you're angry either. Because, Cloud. You are...

fantastic speech :D

Winter Nights
09-22-2005, 11:53 PM

[TR][TD]yes i definately agree, i wouldnt ever want a way to revive aeris as it would ruin the speech that Cloud makes:

Cloud: ...Shut up. The cycle of nature and your stupid plan don't mean a thing.
Aerith is gone. Aerith will no longer talk, no longer laugh, cry...... or get
angry...... What about us...... what are WE supposed to do? What about my pain?
My fingers are tingling. My mouth is dry. My eyes are burning!

Sephiroth: What are you saying? Are you trying to tell me you have feelings too?

Cloud: Of course! Who do you think I am!?

Sephiroth: Ha, ha, ha...... Stop acting as if you were sad. There's no need to
act as though you're angry either. Because, Cloud. You are...

fantastic speech :D
I actually hate that speech. Like a good portion of the "emotional" dialogue in FF7, the translation makes it sound over-dramatized and fake. Any voice acting that did that speech word for word would just sound silly.

Light Mage
09-23-2005, 02:14 PM
All that could be reused from VII is the script. Nothing else. And the script is the fastest-conceived part of a game. It's all the graphical rendering that takes up time. Kitase's projection of five years was very realistic.
Surely the battle system, Materia system and everything else will remain.

You say all that can be used is the script, I thing quite the opposite - all that has to be changed is the graphics.
That's all most people really want, I think - FFVII with PS3 style visuals?

:-)

DarkLord
09-25-2005, 05:54 AM
Hell yeah, Light Mage. I'd love to see new graphics on VII, it's the only thing it lacks.

TheAbominatrix
09-25-2005, 06:01 AM
But that's the point. It's the graphics and the programming of the game that is going to take the time. That's SoS's point.

Rengori
09-25-2005, 06:53 AM
VI and IV need remade. They'd bring people into FF's.
And II, III, and V all need to be remade on the PS3 as well. FFI is too classic to be remade in 128-bits.

Light Mage
09-26-2005, 05:55 PM
Light Mage:
"They should remake FFV, with even more characters, even more jobs, even more levels... bigger, better and bloodier. SEE how much damage Ice3 REALLY does!"

ThroneofDravaris
09-26-2005, 06:04 PM
Yeah…or they could just give it 3D graphics, and remember that changing anything else would compromise the integrity of the original game…

BoneDisturbed
09-28-2005, 10:00 PM
It would be most likely that a remake would be made, and has dicided a long time ago, why else would they make a "Tech Demo" and a movie named "Final Fantasy VII Advent Child"..?

It all points in one direction... We will have our remake...

If not, i suggest that we raid Square-Enix and kill everyone... :shoot:

But thats just me.. A guy who's played way to much FF7 as it is.(If possible) :love:
But I'll keep my fingers cross.

Rengori
09-28-2005, 11:33 PM
Not really the smartest way to keep Square Enix in buisiness.

BoneDisturbed
09-29-2005, 07:19 PM
Ahh.. Okay then... Then lets rough them up a bit then... :D

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
10-02-2005, 02:00 PM
About a year and a half ago i read an article on the net saying that FFVII AND FFVIII where going to be remade on the PS2. I say "YAY!!" for both but, I haven't heard any more about it yet. Id buy them though.....I want FF8 remade 4 PS2!!!!!!!!!

Tidus Andronicus
10-03-2005, 12:07 AM
Yay! Finally someone else wants FF8 remade as well as me! ^__^/ XD

Though, I know thats almost impossible to happen...
I luv the game, and it had the biggest emotional impact on me of all the FF games, or any kind of game for that matter, but unfortunetly, I just don't think it has enough fans to justify being remade... unlike FF7, which almost everyone loves. XD

Still, FF8, with all of its wonderful CG movies... would look so beautiful with real-time backgrounds, and graphics like PS2, or even better PS3.lol

I think, of all the games I've ever played... only a few have had as profound emotional impact on me as FF8... (I think LoD and CC were the others.) ^_^ lol I wish all of the could be remade... *sigh*

I think I'll say that if Square ever starts getting so unoriginal that no one likes their new stuff... They could just focus on remaking their old games, new and improved... They'd probably make more money that way. XD (imagine FF7-9 PS3 style)

Fonzie
10-08-2005, 05:06 AM
For all you guys who think it would take 5 years for a remake of the game, your probabley wrong because the plot is already set for the game(FF12 was 5 years because of the plot and the ways of the cities look) and all they have to do is just fix the graphics and maybe add a couple new item,sidequest,and materia. So it should maybe take about 3 years or more. Also bringing Aeris back alive is like the world ending in 5 mintues, it's just not going to happen.

Mercen-X
10-12-2005, 12:14 AM
Not really the smartest way to keep Square Enix in buisiness.
I plan to eventually buy them out anyway. Them and any other game company whose products proved purchase-worthy. Then I'll merge them all together into one huge hideous super-deformed mutant company and you'll see remakes galore! Of course, this is somewhen near the year 3000, long after I've successfully cornered the gaming entertainment market with my mind morphing games. Then I'll move on to discover the key to immortality via the Phoenix Eye, die of old age and will be resurrected by my six warrior children to fulfill my destiny and rule over the world forever. It is ordained by the stars.
Then I'll use a slightly less potent version of the Phoenix Eye potion of immortality to resurrect all of my faithful fallen followers and shower them in the glory that is gaming bliss. :D

Fonzie
10-12-2005, 04:55 AM
So its decided we'll buy out Square Enix, okay evrybody put their money together. I've got 67$ in my pocket how much everybody else got?

Jhei
10-12-2005, 05:06 AM
I give you all my money on my pocket, oh! I have a cent....

Anyways, I don't think that FF VII is confirmed yet to be remade. If it is going to be remade, then I want to play it... But of course I would REALLY want FF VIII to be remade too, and FF IX too....

Hugomand
10-12-2005, 12:54 PM
I seriously hope they make that remake! And I think they do! I just saw the tech demo and I was like, OMFG!!! YEAH! :D

Chris
10-12-2005, 01:31 PM
It would be pretty nice to have an updated version of the game.

dan2k3
10-19-2005, 01:49 PM
i personally do not think that a remake is a good idea. Not because i wouldnt buy it, but because it may lose all the magic and the games replay value if it was remade in full 3D. some things were never meant to have good graphics as it would ruin them (Worms) i feel ff7 may be the same and a remake that took away from the original would be worse than no remake altogether. I would rathe square-enix concentrated on the next lot of FF games rather than do a remake for fans who may find that it wasnt all they built it up to be.