PDA

View Full Version : The final Xenosaga game.

Destai
09-16-2005, 09:23 PM
So Xenosaga III will be the last game in the series. I guess the project was an overall failure. I dont understand how it went wrong. It started off so right. Then Namco got cheap like Square did with Xenogears and the sales didnt go well for episode II. They even fired (its not a case that he quit or anything) the head writer. Wouldnt the series have been somewhat of an RPG legend and a large proift for Namco if they were all completed with something near the quality and depth of storyline as episode I. Im really dissapointd to hear about this.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-16-2005, 09:33 PM
What do you mean, they "got cheap" with Episode II? They spent a ton of money. That's why they fired Takahashi when the game bombed.

Destai
09-16-2005, 09:35 PM
What do you mean, they "got cheap" with Episode II? They spent a ton of money. That's why they fired Takahashi when the game bombed.They fired the head writer as I understand it. He didnt resign. And from different articles I've read they had less choice in what they were doing than in episode I and the story was altered lots. Thats what I mean. I'ts been a while since I read up on the changes in episode I and II , I only started this when episode III was announced. I'll have to go look for those articles again.

Germ Hamee
09-17-2005, 05:28 AM
I'm pretty disappointed. Xenosaga had loads of potential but they piddled around too much, which is what has killed the series. Now that they're ending it at III, it's become pretty much a giant waste of time considering they've gone absolutely nowhere with anything. They'll have to pull a miracle out of their asses to redeem the series with the conclusion. I'm not holding my breath.

Madonna
09-17-2005, 05:36 AM
What do you mean, they "got cheap" with Episode II? They spent a ton of money. That's why they fired Takahashi when the game bombed.They fired the head writer as I understand it. He didnt resign.That's what Kishi said.

And, despite being a hopeful about the entire Xenosaga series, I have always felt it was kind of meh when the first one was not going to have anything to do with Xenogears. Not that it could have, but hey.

Skystone
09-17-2005, 08:21 AM
What do you mean, they "got cheap" with Episode II? They spent a ton of money. That's why they fired Takahashi when the game bombed.
No. Soraya Saga (Takahashi's wife) and Takahashi himself did write the original script for Ep. II, but Monolith Soft ousted them both before the game's release. The company itself shortened the script to make the game simpler (thus resulting in several storytelling abominations). The entire second disk has little to do with the original outline.

If it is desired, I can post list with some of Monolith's changes.

And, despite being a hopeful about the entire Xenosaga series, I have always felt it was kind of meh when the first one was not going to have anything to do with Xenogears. Not that it could have, but hey.
Originally, saga and gears were to be linked. But then Monolith Soft (I presume) got it in the way.

Destai
09-17-2005, 12:45 PM
Well it still looks fantastic to me, even if it is depressing to see it come to an end. The silver haired robot labelled KOS-MOS could easily (and probably is) T-elos. KOS-MOS's replacement or something like that. The final production model. edit:nope the official site says its KOS-MOS.

edczxcvbnm
09-17-2005, 03:36 PM
I posted the list of changes in the other thread if anyone wants to go and read them.

Basically Namco wanted to make Xenosaga and got board halfway through episode II of six and masturbated on the whole thing.

Those screens look like they are using the same /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gifty battle system from the second game :(

Destai
09-17-2005, 03:40 PM
I posted the list of changes in the other thread if anyone wants to go and read them.

Basically Namco wanted to make Xenosaga and got board halfway through episode II of six and masturbated on the whole thing.

Those screens look like they are using the same /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gifty battle system from the second game :(Well apparently theyre not. The graphics look like a compromise between episode I and II. I like em.