PDA

View Full Version : Theme songs announced FFXII-KHII

Destai
09-17-2005, 01:42 PM
Final Fantasy XII's theme song will be called "Kiss me goodbye" performed by a pretty unknown artist Nobuo Uematsa picked up from somewhere. The lyrics are in English because it suits the game theme

Utada Hikaru is back for KHII singing the theme song "Passion" which wont be out in Japan till sometime winter (both the single AND the game)

Dont you feel better now?

Skyblade
09-17-2005, 03:53 PM
Final Fantasy XII's theme song will be called "Kiss me goodbye" performed by a pretty unknown artist Nobuo Uematsa picked up from somewhere. The lyrics are in English because it suits the game theme

Utada Hikaru is back for KHII singing the theme song "Passion" which wont be out in Japan till sometime winter (both the single AND the game)

Not really. I think that they should still use Simple and Clean for Kingdom Hearts II. It's the theme of the series. If they were going to change it, they should have given CoM a different theme song as well.

Destai
09-17-2005, 05:15 PM

Not really. I think that they should still use Simple and Clean for Kingdom Hearts II. It's the theme of the series. If they were going to change it, they should have given CoM a different theme song as well.Its not the theme of the series, just of Kingdom Hearts one. And CoM had...what? Hardly more than five original tracks? CoM was more like Kingdom Hearts one&1/2, not Kingdom Hearts 2. CoM's theme song is much less important on so many levels.

SeeDRankLou
09-17-2005, 09:22 PM
Not really. I think that they should still use Simple and Clean for Kingdom Hearts II. It's the theme of the series. If they were going to change it, they should have given CoM a different theme song as well.
I'm going to laugh at you and all others making this criticism when KHII comes out and you're all like "OMG I love this song, it fits the Kingdom Hearts so well, *blah blah blah*".

Skyblade
09-17-2005, 10:45 PM
I'm going to laugh at you and all others making this criticism when KHII comes out and you're all like "OMG I love this song, it fits the Kingdom Hearts so well, *blah blah blah*".

Don't bother. I probably will like the song, and I don't see how it can not fit KHs better than Simple and Clean. Awesome as that song is, if you listen to the lyrics it doesn't really fit any of the relationships in the game.

But I still want Simple and Clean in there, because I feel that they've made it the theme of the series. That's my personal view, and you are welcome to have your own.

SeeDRankLou
09-18-2005, 07:52 AM
I think they're probably going to have both songs.

I've always found that the lyrics to Simple and Clean describe a situation that in general is similar to the situation between Sora, Riku and Kairi, and between Sora, Donald and Goofy. Simple and Clean to me describes a bond between two people who do not understand the way the other feels because that person doesn't really understand either. You see that progression happen with every one of the above group of characters, especially between Sora and Riku on Riku's part.

Skyblade
09-18-2005, 08:34 AM

I've always found that the lyrics to Simple and Clean describe a situation that in general is similar to the situation between Sora, Riku and Kairi, and between Sora, Donald and Goofy. Simple and Clean to me describes a bond between two people who do not understand the way the other feels because that person doesn't really understand either. You see that progression happen with every one of the above group of characters, especially between Sora and Riku on Riku's part.

I think that they'll have both songs too, and I won't mind that. But if they don't have Simple and Clean, they'll be upset.

Personally, I think Simple and Clean seems like a one-way love story. The girl singing the song cares about the guy, but the guy doesn't seem to care enough about the girl to do anything for her. He's not willing to so much as meet her father, and he says that "it's enough when I say so", that claiming to love her should be enough for her. I think the girl knows that he doesn't really care as much for her as he claims, which is why she doesn't try to stop him from leaving, no matter how much it pains her.

While, in KHs, there is no such one-way affection. All of the characters would do anything for their friends. Riku turns to the darkness to help Kairi. It may not be the right thing, but it is done to help those he cares about. Sora would do anything for his friends, as he demonstrates countless times. Donald and Goofy disobey King Mickey's orders to help Sora.

Very different situations, I think.

Destai
09-18-2005, 08:29 PM

pop songs arent that deep. I think they just thought it was catchy. Thats my wild theory for the day.

SeeDRankLou
09-18-2005, 10:21 PM
Personally, I think Simple and Clean seems like a one-way love story. The girl singing the song cares about the guy, but the guy doesn't seem to care enough about the girl to do anything for her. He's not willing to so much as meet her father, and he says that "it's enough when I say so", that claiming to love her should be enough for her. I think the girl knows that he doesn't really care as much for her as he claims, which is why she doesn't try to stop him from leaving, no matter how much it pains her.
I think it goes more like this. The girl is experiencing feelings for the guy that she hasn't experienced before. "You smiled at me, and said..." So the guy says "Don't get me wrong I love you, but does that mean I have to meet your father?" And later he says "Wish I could prove I love you, but does that mean I have to walk on water?" So the guy loves the girl, he just doesn't understand why she doesn't know that or what he has to do to make her know that. Misunderstood feelings on both parts, a general situation that happens on a lot of characters' parts in the game.

Destai
09-18-2005, 10:36 PM
The song sounds so terrible when you put it apart and examine it like that.

SeeDRankLou
09-19-2005, 05:32 PM
No it doesn't, it actually sounded better once I understood what the song was actually talking about. At first I didn't really understand what the point of the song was at all or why it was in Kingdom Hearts. When I looked at the lyrics more closely it made much more sense in both content and reason.

Destai
09-19-2005, 06:51 PM
oh come on, If I really wanted to I could apply Baby one more time or gay bar to Kingdom hearts (well baby one more time or any pop song about love). As far as I've read one of the staff who was interviewed was a large fan of Utadas and that was reason enough for them to ask her to do the song since it would give the single so much attention in japan. And yeah it sounds really corny when you explain it and the lyrics like that if you ask me.

SeeDRankLou
09-19-2005, 07:54 PM
oh come on, If I really wanted to I could apply Baby one more time or gay bar to Kingdom hearts (well baby one more time or any pop song about love).
And I could apply several Metallica songs to the movie Titanic, but they weren't in the movie so it wouldn't make any sense to.

And yeah it sounds really corny when you explain it and the lyrics like that if you ask me.
And the Mona Lisa is simply a picture of a woman.

Destai
09-19-2005, 11:03 PM
oh come on, If I really wanted to I could apply Baby one more time or gay bar to Kingdom hearts (well baby one more time or any pop song about love).
And I could apply several Metallica songs to the movie Titanic, but they weren't in the movie so it wouldn't make any sense to.

And yeah it sounds really corny when you explain it and the lyrics like that if you ask me.
And the Mona Lisa is simply a picture of a woman.In the game or not it doesnt mean or prove the song has any particular relevance to the story. I just see a difference between pop songs and art work.

Vaprice
09-26-2005, 12:30 AM
they should've had the orginal poke'mon theme songs instead of their own creations...