PDA

View Full Version : Xenogears and xenosaga O_o

FFX_fanatiq
09-17-2005, 06:56 PM
I just bought xenogears and i'm wondering is it in any way related to xenosaga?

Vaprice
09-17-2005, 07:17 PM
They both start with the letter X

Dreddz
09-17-2005, 07:35 PM
they are i fink.......I duno about in game references, cause i havent played the xenosaga games......

Vyk
09-17-2005, 07:39 PM
They were made by a lot of the same people. So you'll see similarities and stuff. The original plan was for Xenosaga to be a prequal. But they can't have references that close anymore 'cause of copyright or something. As Square owns everything about Xenogears now. And Namco will likely be publishing the rest of Xenosaga. I'd imagine the new plan was for Xenosaga 5 to take place in the same time/era as Xenogears. Just somewhere else in the galaxy. Possibly explaining (in no direct fashion) why perhaps that ship was out there transporting Dues. Or where Gears originally came from or something. But Xenosaga Episode 5 will not be Xenogears T_T I don't think they could work their way back up that calibur anymore anyway >_>; Xenogears > Xenosaga.

Shoeberto
09-17-2005, 07:39 PM
Xenogears was originally intended to be part five of a multi-game story, but Square and the dev team had some issues yadda some stuff got changed. The Xenogears team went to Namco, Namco gave them the green light to do whatever they wanted to do, so they're starting the story from the beginning, but also changing a lot of things. Partially because Square still owns rights to a lot of the original XG content, but also because they wanted to change the story.

So you'll see references to each other, and a few similar plot points, but they aren't as closely related as many would think.

fantasyjunkie
09-23-2005, 09:56 AM
I loved Xenogears

edczxcvbnm
09-23-2005, 01:15 PM
They were made by a lot of the same people. So you'll see similarities and stuff. The original plan was for Xenosaga to be a prequal. But they can't have references that close anymore 'cause of copyright or something. As Square owns everything about Xenogears now. And Namco will likely be publishing the rest of Xenosaga. I'd imagine the new plan was for Xenosaga 5 to take place in the same time/era as Xenogears. Just somewhere else in the galaxy. Possibly explaining (in no direct fashion) why perhaps that ship was out there transporting Dues. Or where Gears originally came from or something. But Xenosaga Episode 5 will not be Xenogears T_T I don't think they could work their way back up that calibur anymore anyway >_>; Xenogears > Xenosaga.

That and Xenosaga Episode III will be the last game in the series.

Azure Chrysanthemum
09-23-2005, 03:58 PM
I believe they canned the original story writer which leads me to believe that Namco is doing their own thing with Xenosaga and utterly deviating from the original plan.

edczxcvbnm
09-23-2005, 05:22 PM
Devaiting from the original plan happened mid way through episode II so we got like 1/4th of the whole story and a 1/3rd of that fourth is broken gibberish due to wierd cuts all over the place. As long as it finished up decent then yeay. If not *kill*

Destai
09-24-2005, 12:32 PM
maybe off topic slightly but "pffft"

If they do a decent job at episode III and actually somehow tie up all the lose ends in a decent manner it would be pretty incredible. I think theres going to be more second Miltia flashbacks.