PDA

View Full Version : Another Chav Thread...

Alive-Cat
09-17-2005, 08:51 PM
Well, yeah, exactly what the titles is. Who here totally resents chavs?

Psychotic
09-17-2005, 08:53 PM
I don't resent them unless they do idiotic stuff like beating people up for no reason.

Alive-Cat
09-17-2005, 09:02 PM
I agree.

Zeldy
09-17-2005, 09:03 PM
A chav once wrote 'Freek' in my planner :(

DMKA
09-17-2005, 09:18 PM
What's a "chav"?

Alive-Cat
09-17-2005, 09:18 PM
Mweow

Old Manus
09-17-2005, 09:20 PM
r u disin me

Alive-Cat
09-17-2005, 09:21 PM
a chav is a HUGE english problem that we english have. they're just total idiots, who beat people up, uhhhh, "tag up" the streets, etc.

Resha
09-17-2005, 09:21 PM
I desire to meet this 'chav' (and maybe 'chavette'). They sound like an interesting species, to be sure.

Alive-Cat
09-17-2005, 09:22 PM
Well, they'd try to fight you no doubt about that.

DMKA
09-17-2005, 09:24 PM
a chav is a HUGE english problem that we english have. they're just total idiots, who beat people up, uhhhh, "tag up" the streets, etc.
This is the funniest post today.

Alive-Cat
09-17-2005, 09:32 PM
why, thankyou kind sir.

nik0tine
09-17-2005, 09:33 PM
British hardasses. hahahahaha :lol:

DarknessFromAbove
09-17-2005, 09:35 PM
a chav is a HUGE english problem that we english have. they're just total idiots, who beat people up, uhhhh, "tag up" the streets, etc. . . . well, I'm not English, so am I safe from this 'chav' menace?

Psychotic
09-17-2005, 09:35 PM
British hardasses. hahahahaha :lol:Why hello sailor, you want my British hardass? :joey: Well, it'll cost you...

Sorry Uncle Sam, we don't accept your no good "Dollars" here.

Alive-Cat
09-17-2005, 09:36 PM
Yeah, allthough i guess theres arsholes everywhere.
keep safe bruva!

Zeldy
09-17-2005, 09:37 PM
Imo, a Chav is a type of person who wears Tracksuits and a Burburry hat smelling of stale smoke listening to 50 cent.

Alive-Cat
09-17-2005, 09:38 PM
spot on! but you forgot violent...

Hawkeye
09-17-2005, 09:40 PM
Post here if you're a Chav!!11onetwo!1

Doomie
09-17-2005, 09:45 PM
omg, jus cuz i had sex at 8 yeerz old, dusnt meen u culd make fun of me.

DarknessFromAbove
09-17-2005, 09:47 PM
Imo, a Chav is a type of person who wears Tracksuits and a Burburry hat smelling of stale smoke listening to 50 cent. O.O omg scarry. They sound like every guy at my school!

Alive-Cat
09-17-2005, 09:49 PM
you may not be safe...

Rye
09-17-2005, 09:49 PM
omg, jus cuz i had sex at 8 yeerz old, dusnt meen u culd make fun of me.

xD

We don't have them in America.

Alive-Cat
09-17-2005, 09:51 PM
You lucky poeple!

Resha
09-17-2005, 09:55 PM
I BET CHAVS SHOW THEIR BOXERS, DON'T THEY?

Rye
09-17-2005, 09:57 PM

We have THOSE type of people. xD My principal was yelling about them during a school assembly last week. It was brilliant.

"Men, don't wear your prison pants to school! We aren't in G-Unit Gangsta Land, I do not want to see your underwear."

Alive-Cat
09-17-2005, 10:00 PM
yeah, so i guess you gets chavs in america. just not called chavs.

udsuna
09-17-2005, 10:04 PM
I think in America, we call them "wannabe gangsters". Or something to that effect, it changes based on region, and specific behaviors. Usually they're racist little SOBs who like to think they're invincible, but for some reason are too cowardly to do anything *alone* except push around people they know they can take. Fight back THEN, and they pretty much piss themselves. Of course, they come back with three other guys later.

Dreddz
09-17-2005, 10:04 PM
no offense, but I hate people like you. People say ( and im pretty sure you lot have too ) that i look like a chav. Now, firstly, I dont go around hitting people. Or do something horrible for what they look like or the way they dress. People assume that people that wear sports brands are chavs. Thats not true, and i see lotz people cross the road or avoid me ( mainly if im in a group ) because they think we will attack them. That is so stupid. And people will treat you like dirt because you dress with sporty brands. To me, they deserve a smack. Also, they think they are better than you for what you wear. People that refer people as chavs are losers IMOP

Faris
09-17-2005, 10:08 PM
We need to give those kind of people wedgies. NICE BOXERS! *pulls*

Zeldy
09-17-2005, 10:09 PM
no offense, but I hate people like you. People say ( and im pretty sure you lot have too ) that i look like a chav. Now, firstly, I dont go around hitting people. Or do something horrible for what they look like or the way they dress. People assume that people that wear sports brands are chavs. Thats not true, and i see lotz people cross the road or avoid me ( mainly if im in a group ) because they think we will attack them. That is so stupid. And people will treat you like dirt because you dress with sporty brands. To me, they deserve a smack. Also, they think they are better than you for what you wear. People that refer people as chavs are losers IMOP
Yes, you do look like a chav but i didn't say you was Violent or anything. Just face it, other people dont like the Chav lifestyle, they find it threatening. I find it threatening to be honest, Im sick of all the sly comments i recieve from Chavs. People are allowed their opinions.

Alive-Cat
09-17-2005, 10:11 PM
So, if that was like, for sexy me, then you, are not a chav. you're not romotely like one.

Dreddz
09-17-2005, 10:13 PM
Yes, you do look like a chav but i didn't say you was Violent or anything. Just face it, other people dont like the Chav lifestyle, they find it threatening. I find it threatening to be honest, Im sick of all the sly comments i recieve from Chavs. People are allowed their opinions.
Why would someone call me a chav for what I wear. This is so stupid, and so are you lot.........
EDIT : http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&lr=&oi=defmore&q=define:Chav
Its got nufin to do with what you wear, you lot are all losers......

DK
09-17-2005, 10:17 PM
Now, firstly, I dont go around hitting people. Thats not true, and i see lotz people cross the road or avoid me ( mainly if im in a group ) because they think we will attack them.

To me, they deserve a smack.

what

Alive-Cat
09-17-2005, 10:17 PM
hey, we were just reasuring you.
EDIT: No, no, No! you're wrong, and a loser, because you're totally getting me wrong. And you seem like a bit of a drama queen. Anyhows, it's NOT what you wear, it's the attitude.

Dreddz
09-17-2005, 10:20 PM
Now, firstly, I dont go around hitting people. Thats not true, and i see lotz people cross the road or avoid me ( mainly if im in a group ) because they think we will attack them.

To me, they deserve a smack.

what
No, people that judge you from what you look like, and say stuff like, oh hes such a chav, so poor, and being all snotty, they are the ones that deserve a smack......

Zeldy
09-17-2005, 10:20 PM
Its just the whole way you act, gib- erm.. Dreddz.. You can be aggressive in your posts and the way you write, 'Nufin'. Its just all the little things, i have lots of Chav/Townie friends and i can hardly understand what they type
"Den dey sed ow r u? *big flashing LOL*" and have an emoticon for every letter in the alphabet.

Alive-Cat
09-17-2005, 10:22 PM
EXACTLY! lol

Dreddz
09-17-2005, 10:22 PM
have lots of Chav/Townie friends
so chavs arent aggresive......

Old Manus
09-17-2005, 10:24 PM
FLAME WAR

Alive-Cat
09-17-2005, 10:25 PM
Well, everyone's got a different opinion on them. The people Zelda says are chavs aren't, because they sound like nice decent people.

Dreddz
09-17-2005, 10:25 PM
FLAME WAR
they started it.....

Alive-Cat
09-17-2005, 10:27 PM
have you even read my posts yet??? it's nothing to do with clothes, it's just that chavs will get shunned by other chavs if they dont wear the right clothes.

Dreddz
09-17-2005, 10:29 PM
have you even read my posts yet??? it's nothing to do with clothes, it's just that chavs will get shunned by other chavs if they dont wear the right clothes.
No, chavs are just anti social......

Alive-Cat
09-17-2005, 10:35 PM
Exactly.

Zeldy
09-17-2005, 10:38 PM
The Chavs i described are the Chavs i know. I dont go out much so i dont see them 'in action'
Anti - Social isnt nice :( Can i come and write 'freek' in your school planner? and ask you a million times if your a goth? Say your music sucks?
Skidd on the floor shouting Rock right infront of you?

Dreddz
09-17-2005, 10:39 PM
A chav can be anyone, just as long as they are anti social. With Zelda saying that I look like a chav is totally wrong. Chavs dont look like nufin. I hate chavs, but everyone is like " Oh your a chav though ", How am i a chav if you dont even know my personality........

Alive-Cat
09-17-2005, 10:40 PM
Doing that would be anti-social behaviour.

themagicroundabout
09-17-2005, 10:42 PM
:confused: :confused: :irked: :confused: :confused:

Dreddz
09-17-2005, 10:44 PM
I think people just define people that wear sports brands as there are many yobs that wear stuff like that.
This chav thread sucks, the previous ones were better......

Alive-Cat
09-17-2005, 10:44 PM
i made one of the previous ones. YAY!

Zeldy
09-17-2005, 10:47 PM
He likes them. He likes all the arguements. Haha! I see Chavs wearing tracksuits, and there are pictures of you in the album wearing tracksuits, you listen to the music, and your aggressive. Not all Chavs are Violent, but i cant be bothered argueing anymore

edit- Dont delete posts, now i look silly :(

Dreddz
09-17-2005, 10:47 PM
what, take a long look back on search, there was a large chav thread that happened in Jan or sumin.....

He likes them. He likes all the arguements. Haha! I see Chavs wearing tracksuits, and there are pictures of you in the album wearing tracksuits, you listen to the music, and your aggressive. Not all Chavs are Violent, but i cant be bothered argueing anymore

edit- Dont delete posts, now i look silly :(
You dont know what a chav is then......

Craig
09-17-2005, 11:03 PM

Look, whether you like it or not the "Chav" culture in the UK is a problem.

People who cross the road when they see you with a gang of friends are not in the wrong.

I mean can you really blame them? The majority of the people who dress that way in the UK (Not you) are Chavs anyway, and don't say they aren't, because it's a big problem here.

If I saw you in the street with a bunch of friends, I would do my best to avoid you too. Not because you are a Chav, but because you look like one, and unless you pointed out otherwise I'd have no way of telling, and would rather cross the road than risk walking through a crowd of people who might be Chavs for all I know.

Because, if it turned out that the gang of people I walked through were Chavs, they would start something, not neccesarily beat me up (Although it's a possibility) but just do something stupid.

Like the other day some guy was riding down the road on a bike, with his friend walking next to him, as I was walking past his friend he deliberately stopped his bike infront of me, and tried to trip me.

There are 2 types of people who dress like you.

There are the people who like the style of clothing, and the type of music.

Then, there are the Chavs. Same clothing and music, but they are idiotic people who steal cars, beat people up, graffiti and just behave in an anti-social manner. And there are alot of them, which means that when you see someone who dresses the way you do, it's got a decent chance of being a Chav.

With no way of telling the difference between the 2 solely on appearance, you have to understand that people are going to try and avoid you, because for all they know you might be a Chav, and they'd rather not find out the hard way.

Jess
09-17-2005, 11:15 PM
I think people just define people that wear sports brands as there are many yobs that wear stuff like that.
This chav thread sucks, the previous ones were better......

Right okay, Ithink the main problem in this thread is the definition of 'chav'. A chav is not a person who wears addidas, or whatever.
However, a chav is somebody who has anti-social problems. They are aggressive and are up for an arguement/fight all the time. They eat at McDonald every single day of the week, walk around thinking they are better than everybody else. Get pregnant at the age of 12, then ruining the childs life because they've fucked up their school life, got a criminal record and are going to juvi for the next 6 months. They stay out till 2 am in the morning throwing rocks at old peoples houses, setting off fireworks in the middle of the street, thinking they are superior than everybody else and basically just making themselves look like complete wankers.
To me, thats a chav. I see plently of them everyday, and they aren't nice people.

Old Manus
09-17-2005, 11:17 PM

Look, whether you like it or not the "Chav" culture in the UK is a problem.

People who cross the road when they see you with a gang of friends are not in the wrong.

I mean can you really blame them? The majority of the people who dress that way in the UK (Not you) are Chavs anyway, and don't say they aren't, because it's a big problem here.

If I saw you in the street with a bunch of friends, I would do my best to avoid you too. Not because you are a Chav, but because you look like one, and unless you pointed out otherwise I'd have no way of telling, and would rather cross the road than risk walking through a crowd of people who might be Chavs for all I know.

Because, if it turned out that the gang of people I walked through were Chavs, they would start something, not neccesarily beat me up (Although it's a possibility) but just do something stupid.

Like the other day some guy was riding down the road on a bike, with his friend walking next to him, as I was walking past his friend he deliberately stopped his bike infront of me, and tried to trip me.

There are 2 types of people who dress like you.

There are the people who like the style of clothing, and the type of music.

Then, there are the Chavs. Same clothing and music, but they are idiotic people who steal cars, beat people up, graffiti and just behave in an anti-social manner. And there are alot of them, which means that when you see someone who dresses the way you do, it's got a decent chance of being a Chav.

With no way of telling the difference between the 2 solely on appearance, you have to understand that people are going to try and avoid you, because for all they know you might be a Chav, and they'd rather not find out the hard way.
http://www.toonopedia.com/peanuts.jpg

Rye
09-17-2005, 11:18 PM
Jess wins at the internets!

Jess
09-17-2005, 11:22 PM
Jess wins at the internets!

OMFGZ YAY. :hyper:

Chaos
09-17-2005, 11:40 PM
Jess pretty much said what I was going to say.

I did part of my A level art on chavs. I basically satirised them for a good couple of months under the guise of doing a reliable social commentary.

However, the more I explored this so called 'chav' culture the more it annoyed me when people go targeting chavs. Its become a trendy word...you get government ministers talking about the chav problem and to me its become almost racist and discriminating.

However, yes there is a problem with anti social behaviour, ignorance, violence, bigotry and racism amoung todays youth and mid 20's. But you find this all across the spectrum irrespective of dress sense or social class. To say all 'chavs' are racist and violent just based on how they dress is like saying all Germans are Nazi's. At my college I'm friedns with a girl who I would call a chav. I know loads of people who are chavs and they are really nice. I know a lot of 'alternative kids' who are the bees knees, but I also know 'alternative kids' who are racist, sexist idiots who need a good slapping. Its the same.

So I hate the so called chav culture of casual violence and intimidation, but hating violence and intimidation is hardly a new thing really, so it doesnt matter who perpetuates it. Or something.

And to really complicate the issue, the chavs who are violent, bigoted, lazy spongers, pasty, callous, promiscuois and binge drinkers arn't really chavs. They are pikeys. :) (aka my neighbours.....>.<)

Chaos

Craig
09-17-2005, 11:46 PM

Are you trying to tell me something?

Maxico
09-18-2005, 12:04 AM
HAHA, LETS ALL LAUGH AT THE WORKING CLASS.

Vyk
09-18-2005, 12:07 AM
All this talk of anti-social behavior unnerves me. I think I know what you all mean. But being violent to the point where people don't want to socialize with you is not necissarily anti-social. Being socially avoidant, like most geeks are, is anti-social. If you're gonna discriminate or whatever you guys are doing, please whatch how you do it. You don't want to single out the wrong people :D Which seems to be a point a lot of people are trying to make. I just wanted to focus on that issue.

DMKA
09-18-2005, 12:13 AM
I am showing my boxers right now...ZOMG I AM CHAV?

DK
09-18-2005, 12:19 AM

Maxico is joint winnar of the internet with Jess.

Psychotic
09-18-2005, 12:41 AM
HAHA, LETS ALL LAUGH AT THE WORKING CLASS.Gladly. :laugh:

I'm from middle class suburbia, I voted Conservative, and I am proud! :monocle:

Old Manus
09-18-2005, 09:20 AM

Are you trying to tell me something?
Yes.

Twisted Tinkerbell
09-18-2005, 11:00 AM
WhereI live is full of chavs, and they all smurf me off on a regular basis. I shall put the fear of GOTH into them all. *evil laugh*

Alive-Cat
09-18-2005, 11:31 AM
Cool.

Jess
09-18-2005, 01:39 PM

Maxico is joint winnar of the internet with Jess.

I have to share my title? ;o

Old Manus
09-18-2005, 01:42 PM
Never.

DK
09-18-2005, 02:14 PM
I have to share my title? ;o

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

Alive-Cat
09-18-2005, 07:15 PM
FIGHT? WHERE!

Dreddz
09-18-2005, 09:47 PM
the thing i dont get is that I always walk past chav like people, and have to this day never been harassed, robbed, or even touched on the street. And you lot say they go around hitting people. And the fact I live in a pretty crap area ( peckham, London ) and i dont get anything done to me.
Me con fu fu

Twisted Tinkerbell
09-19-2005, 12:50 AM
Your lucky, I'm in London too, and some chavs (I call them chavs cause of their behaviour btw) tried mugging me and my friends, we laughed in their faces. The chavs in my area ask me all the time "are you a goth?" or "are you a punk?" "have you ever tried to kill yourself?" If only they knew the truth, I'm a riot grrl being treated for depression

Cloud No.9
09-19-2005, 12:51 AM
here they are called neds.

Little Miss Awesome
09-19-2005, 05:43 PM
Well, I can't stand extreme chav folk, who hit people unprovoked and wear odd unmatching clothes and think they are really great, but I have two good friends who could be called "chavs" but they don't have the personality or the lack of class or descency that goes with the chav stereotype.

Alive-Cat
09-19-2005, 06:28 PM
yeah people like that are not chavs. or at least I think they arent.

Dreddz
09-19-2005, 08:07 PM
ARRRRGGGGHHHHHhh, LMA, a chav has nothing to do with what you wear. Just your personality........

Little Miss Awesome
09-20-2005, 09:11 PM
ARRRRGGGGHHHHHhh, LMA, a chav has nothing to do with what you wear. Just your personality........
ARRRRGGGGHHHHHhh, Dreddz, I'm sorry, I'm not implying dress is the only thing what makes a chav a chav. Sorry I cam across that way :)

Alive-Cat
09-20-2005, 09:20 PM
Yeah, so forgive...
lol
Aaaaanyway, i totally think chavs are the shinra.

Leeza
09-20-2005, 09:28 PM
the thing i dont get is that I always walk past chav like people, and have to this day never been harassed, robbed, or even touched on the street. And you lot say they go around hitting people. And the fact I live in a pretty crap area ( peckham, London ) and i dont get anything done to me.
Me con fu fu
More than likely, the reason they don't harass you is because you dress like them and look like them so they think you are one of them. They have no reason to harass one of their own. Yes, you say the way you look and dress doesn't make you a Chav, but to someone who doesn't know you, you might as well be.

Old Manus
09-20-2005, 09:44 PM
DREDDZ R UNDRCOVER

Captain Maxx Power
09-21-2005, 12:13 AM
While I don't paticularly want to start a flame war here, I will tell you all my views on the whole situation.

I have been bothered by Charvers my entire life. For those who don't know, Charver is Roman for "Unruly Youth". I will attempt to define it as best as I can. A Charver is someone who belongs to a social group, NORMALLY DEFINED through a combination of clothing, style-tastes and social behaviour. It's not very clear exactly what a Charver could be defined as. I think the term "Yob Culture" is a more accurate/fair name for the problem, as it encompasses those who cause problems within society who belong to this ill-defined social group.

I'm going to be frank. If I woke up tommorow morning to find every single one of those Yobs dead, I'd most likely dance a jig, start a street party and proceed to throw the corpses onto my manure pile. Basically put, I don't like them one bit. They have no redeeming features that I know of. They care only about themselves, are highly inconsiderate to others, mindless pro-create ad infinum, are unruly and generally anti-life in the very literal sense of the word. It's a complete wonder that the populace as a whole hasn't uprised against them (though I've heard from a Greek friend of mine horror stories of people rioting for this very reason).

Let me give you an example close to my heart. In Newcastle, which is a city in the extreme north of England, has a square just outside one of it's "Malls", called Eldon Square. In this square many of the "Goths" and "Alternative" kids hang-out. Day after day, night after night, without fail, Charvers will converge on this square and cause trouble. There's been stories of extreme violence against the people here, and on a few rare occasions some near-death experiences. I can't confirm if there has been a murder at any time, so you can assume there hasn't until proven.

This is typical of what these Charvers stand for : Death and destruction. They despise all others who don't appear to be them, and set out to kill all others. I repeat, kill. I have no doubt that the average Charver would have absolutely no gripes with killing many "Goths". To be fair, I would happily kill a Charver without so much as a raised eyebrow, but I don't actively go out with the intention of finding them and starting trouble. I'm above that.

Whether or not you consider one group to be better than the other (Us or them, Charvers being on one side, the rest of the world on the other) is up to your own interpretation. I will say this. I DO think I'm better than these people, and I'm not afraid to say so. I don't care if it sounds prejudiced but, well, after suffering at the hands of prejudice by these people, it's hard not to reciprocate in a similar fashion against them.

Little Miss Awesome
09-21-2005, 01:32 PM
[QUOTE=Maxx Power]Let me give you an example close to my heart. In Newcastle, which is a city in the extreme north of England, has a square just outside one of it's "Malls", called Eldon Square. In this square many of the "Goths" and "Alternative" kids hang-out. Day after day, night after night, without fail, Charvers will converge on this square and cause trouble. There's been stories of extreme violence against the people here, and on a few rare occasions some near-death experiences. I can't confirm if there has been a murder at any time, so you can assume there hasn't until proven.[QUOTE]
This is the sort of charver I was talking about, the ones who don't let other people live the way they'd like to happily. I hang around the square at Eldon Square sometimes, and I've never had any problems from anyone but at school one non-uniform day there was a massive riot because all of the violent charvers attacked the people who they classified as goths, people had to go to hospital and everything!

Alive-Cat
09-21-2005, 07:24 PM
Once where i live someone who i didn't know personally, but did know who they were, got killed by a load of chavs. Or maybe one, but he got like, a knife stabbed into his throat. pretty vicious attack.

Shoden
09-21-2005, 07:28 PM
hmm Hippies Vs Chavs.

I hate Chavs so much, freaky inhuman idiots.

Dreddz
09-21-2005, 07:33 PM
Me con fu fu
More than likely, the reason they don't harass you is because you dress like them and look like them so they think you are one of them. They have no reason to harass one of their own. Yes, you say the way you look and dress doesn't make you a Chav, but to someone who doesn't know you, you might as well be.
Most probably actually, but I still dont know whats so violent about them. One offered his last cig to me on the street one time. How on earth can he be bad ?

Alive-Cat
09-21-2005, 07:34 PM
hmm Hippies Vs Chavs.

I hate Chavs so much, freaky inhuman idiots.

They should be shoved into oven sized microwave.

Shoden
09-21-2005, 09:03 PM
you'd need a microwave the size of Wales to fit all these pests in.

Alive-Cat
09-21-2005, 09:14 PM
Yeah, we'll do that.

Old Manus
09-21-2005, 09:47 PM
One offered his last cig to me on the street one time. How on earth can he be bad ?
That was lol

Traitorfish
09-21-2005, 09:59 PM
Oh, me! Me! I resent chavs! (Or neds as they call them in sctotland). But, I resent almost everyone... I'm basically a ball of self-loathing and paronia, bound together by a hatred for everything and everyone else. Like Bible-Belters!

Fuzakeru
09-22-2005, 02:09 AM
"Men, don't wear your prison pants to school! We aren't in G-Unit Gangsta Land, I do not want to see your underwear."

I can honestly say I didn't read the thread past this point because this is probably the funniest thing I've read today. xD! I wanna go to Gangsta Land.