PDA

View Full Version : Reno

Dreddz
09-17-2005, 10:10 PM
Has anyone noticed that Reno has changed so much in AC. In the game he was suave and cool. And Rude would strut in. And strut out. In AC, they seem like a comedy duo, and Reno has turned into a goof, instead of staying his cool self.
Just saying........

KoShiatar
09-17-2005, 10:19 PM
Yes. However, in some other scenes, you see Reno still knows how to fight. And he always had some idiotic traits...think about the Wutai scene when he rebuffs Elena, saying something like "Just looking at you is making me sober".
Anyway, I'd have been happy with a less goofy Reno, too. What strikes me much more than that is that in the game he wasn't all that pretty at all, he had a thin, angled face with high cheekbones, and now they've almost made him into a bishounen.

DMKA
09-18-2005, 03:00 AM
Has anyone noticed that Reno has changed so much in AC. In the game he was suave and cool. And Rude would strut in. And strut out. In AC, they seem like a comedy duo, and Reno has turned into a goof, instead of staying his cool self.
Just saying........
Actually, I restarted FFVII last night and realized that Reno was always on the silly side somewhat, particularly the "oh! *runs back* and don't step on the flowers!" scene that makes me crack up now. x)

krissy
09-18-2005, 05:34 AM
im super cool dunno what you're trying to imply here

KH-Cloudy
09-18-2005, 06:06 AM
The funny part is when he smaked Rude in the face when he was turning (did i remember it right?)

Dreddz
09-18-2005, 11:56 AM
Just saying........
Actually, I restarted FFVII last night and realized that Reno was always on the silly side somewhat, particularly the "oh! *runs back* and don't step on the flowers!" scene that makes me crack up now. x)
ye, he was funny, but hes kinda goofy in AC, hes alot different.........

Shoden
09-18-2005, 12:25 PM
I like the scene where he and Rude are holding a bomb each:

Reno: "hey pal is this thing powerfull?"
Rude:"It's a refinement of Shinra technology"
Reno:"oh ho so you made it, then it must be powerfull"
Rude: "Don't know about powerful but sure is flashy"
Reno makes a ho ho ho face looking delighted.

Rude: "you like, don't you pal"

XD then they throw the bombs after cloud passes.

Maxico
09-18-2005, 01:21 PM
I could have sworn they were supposed to die in that scene. The way he says something along the lines of "guess there's no overtime today" and the way the whole scene is set up makes it really strange that they turn up again at the end.

Sephiroth_Lionhear88
09-18-2005, 03:05 PM
the funniest part was when reno stepped on rude's glasses and rude looks really shocked but instantly grabs a new pair of glasses :D

ninja-yuffie
09-18-2005, 05:07 PM
yeah i noticed that too,
reno is more like a comedy purpose now instead. i cant seem to take him seriously ><

krissy
09-18-2005, 08:13 PM
"guess there's no overtime today" .

i meant cuz the bomb would blow and me and rude wouldn't have to do much more afterwards cuz the bomb's 2 good, geez guys

everyone twists my words

DMKA
09-18-2005, 09:14 PM
I could have sworn they were supposed to die in that scene. The way he says something along the lines of "guess there's no overtime today" and the way the whole scene is set up makes it really strange that they turn up again at the end.
Same here. But I liked the way it ended up turning out, because I like when things turn out differently than I expected.

Sephiroth_Lionhear88
09-19-2005, 02:08 PM
that's always cool but what i'm wondering is who is that fourth turk? you see reno, rude, elena and that other dude. at first i thought it was tseng but didn't he die

DMKA
09-19-2005, 05:20 PM
that's always cool but what i'm wondering is who is that fourth turk? you see reno, rude, elena and that other dude. at first i thought it was tseng but didn't he die
There's another thread about that. Yes it was Tseng, and obviously he didn't die, although I too was under the impression that he did.

Strawberry_Mew
09-19-2005, 08:30 PM
I liked the Comedy Duo XDXD

Mo-Nercy
09-19-2005, 11:32 PM
I've always found the Turks to be a source of comic relief, even back in FFVII. Like when Elena didn't know whether to thank Cloud or punish him for hurting Reno or when Rude and Reno reveal who they like to one another. It wasn't exactly "hah-hah" funny but the effort on Square's part was there.

It was a lot better in AC. Reno. Door. Close. Hilarity.

Pouring Rain
09-20-2005, 01:57 AM
Reno's hair scares me. I think that he's funny though. He sticks his tounge out at peoples. And he's says stuff that is really retarded. Especially when he's drunk xD Yesh, I'm 11 and I play FF7. Amazing, isn't it?

krissy
09-20-2005, 02:25 AM
retarted...or deep?

Raven Nox
09-20-2005, 04:58 AM
Somehow, I think changing them into a comedy duo fits. Though yes, they do lose part of their personalities through it, but, they had a sense of goofy funniness a little in the game also.

Sephiroth_Lionhear88
09-20-2005, 03:28 PM
they were also funny in the game that part in wutai when elena wanted to fight cloud and party and reno and rude said no because they had a day off or somethingXD

Dreddz
09-20-2005, 05:32 PM
they were also funny in the game that part in wutai when elena wanted to fight cloud and party and reno and rude said no because they had a day off or somethingXD
ye ye, In AC he would more likely walk into a door or sumin. Thats the type of humor they gave him in AC....

Strawberry_Mew
09-21-2005, 09:44 PM
the funniest part was when reno stepped on rude's glasses and rude looks really shocked but instantly grabs a new pair of glasses :D

Or the time Reno accenditly hit Rude in the nose with his weapon X3

Valleygirl
09-22-2005, 08:10 AM
I've always liked the way Reno acts. :D And I've always considered him a bit goofy in his own strange way. I also noticed him beeing quite a bit more goofy in AC, but I liked it. :love: Because of him, the movie AC has everything; Love, fighting, An actual STORY (a lot of films don't have that), comedy, tragedy. hehe.. it's a bit of everything :<3:
They even had a Moogle in there :mog: :D
Missed the Chocobos though :cry:

Anyway
:ty: Square!!

:p

Strawberry_Mew
09-22-2005, 03:36 PM
Ya I really wanted to see a Chocobo X3

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
09-22-2005, 04:07 PM

watch that scene again you'll notice a hellicopter (sp?) in the background :D

Maxico
09-22-2005, 04:42 PM

watch that scene again you'll notice a hellicopter (sp?) in the background :D

Which they would have used to get there before the Bikes arrived. They couldn't just teleport there could they?

Ceil
09-24-2005, 02:35 AM
No one mentioned Reno's freaky climbing skills ;) Dude's a spider!

And Rude fell, and started to get up, but then was all like 'Screw it'. :p

=Angelus=
09-24-2005, 01:47 PM
I think they were relatively cool under circumstances and didn't go
"OmniGosh!! there are Random Encounters around this place!!" and run like sheep (which are cute.. but well... you get the idea)

but well.. its super silly when (was it Yazoo?) who said
"Whats this? you don't have any faith in us huh?"

Reno goes speechless..then Rude sorta gets adjusting his tie as he doesn't know how to reply (or maybe cuz they were meant to keep a secret :p ) {Rude knows the importance of fighting with his tie properly styled :D }
Reno gets pissed... looks around a few times.. then...
*~*~Battle Cry!!~*~*

:D:D

ShiggtyLuffLuff
09-25-2005, 06:27 PM
Reno: Uoryaaaa~~

Best battlecry ever. Those two make great comic relief, but also stay true to how they were in the game when they fight. Like getting their butts handed to them over and over again and going right in for more. =D

PjO
09-25-2005, 08:37 PM
Rude and Reno were just as comedic in the game as in the movie. Maybe a little more, but I suspect that is just to show more their personalities; the movie wasn't as long as the game, obviously, and they needed to convey it somehow. Reno always scared me and Rude was always cool, but Reno would always get Rude to lighten up or do something stupid in the game. They were perfect (although the scene where Yazoo states he doesn't believe them about the location of Jenova just as he begins to tear down the Meteor monument was just too goofy, even for Reno. The eyes... o_o).

Although, quite possibly my favorite part of the movie, that's also quite funny, is when Cloud saves Barret from a falling pillar and Barret shouts "You're late, B*tch!"

=Angelus=
09-26-2005, 02:05 PM
Reno. Door. Close. Hilarity.
hahaha... i remembered this one!! was LMAO even though i haven't gotten my subtitles up yet!! :D:D