PDA

View Full Version : DC Vs. Marvel

Ashley Schovitz
09-17-2005, 10:30 PM
Uh Oh here's something that might get you in trouble which one of these is better to you? Marvel has made way more TV shows and movies with theirs but DC still has its pints, it's up to you. Let's see all the films by both companies
DC:Superman, Batman, Batman Returns, Batman Forever, Batman & Robin, Batman Begins, Catwoman

Marvel:Spiderman, Spiderman2, Blade, Blade 2, Blade Trinity, The Hulk, Dare Devil, X-Men, X-Men 2, Fantastic Four, Elektra, The Punisher
As you see most of Dc's are batman flicks, they need to be more creative.
I like Marvel best

ZeZipster
09-17-2005, 10:38 PM
I'm not too fond of the movies, but I like the Marvel characters more than DC characters. DC characters just seem unoriginal.

Nick Schovitz
09-17-2005, 10:52 PM
Even though I love Batman, I'm going with Marvel they have more characters than DC
Here are some DC shows
DC:Superman, Batman, Batman Beyond, The Batman, Teen Titans, Static Shock, Justice Leauge Unlimited

MecaKane
09-17-2005, 10:59 PM
They're both equal.
And then their worlds get merged into one, and their super heros are also merged so you get weird things like Super Boy and Spider-Man, and Wolveriene and Batman, and other things! >_>

radyk05
09-17-2005, 11:00 PM
i like marvel the best but the batman comics are awesome (even tho i stoped reading them after the knightfall series).

batman comics and batman related characters >= marvel heroes > dc heroes.

kane: those were the amalgam series. they were awesome too but lasted very little.

XxSephirothxX
09-17-2005, 11:11 PM
I like more of Marvel's characters, but DC's characters get way, way better graphic novels. Batman in particular: Knightfall is good, Longest Halloween is Great, and anything by Frank Miller is beyond fantastic.

Yuffie514
09-18-2005, 01:38 AM
...yes, i admit that i do watch them...

DC: Batman, Static Shock, Superman, etc

Marvel: Spiderman, X-Men, Iron Man, etc

played some, watched some, and i'm still an anime-girl. in my eyes, Marvel has done two things right...Spiderman and X-Men [: Evolution]. i don't own any Marvel games, i've played games (like Marvel -vs- Capcom), in which their characters are featured. as for DC, the latest cartoon i saw was Static Shock.

...hands up Marvel and i shame the fact that my vote is not Red, but Blue...

Slade
09-18-2005, 04:20 AM
DC because Teen Titans was spawned from them :love:

Shadowflare
09-18-2005, 05:43 AM
I've always been a Marvelite. Batman was my first and is my current love, but Marvel Comics has been my primary loyalty since I was 6. I have gained a bit more respect for DC in recent years, with the Justice League series on Cartoon Network, but Marvel is still lightyears ahead of them in character and story quality, and especially continuity.

Del Murder
09-18-2005, 05:53 AM
DC has Batman and Marvel has everything else. I think the Justice League could beat the X-Men but X-Men is so much cooler. And Spidey is my favorite superhero of all time. Marvel has better comics and movies, but I'll give the TV shows a push. Spider-Man is my favorite cartoon ever, but Justice League and Batman are pretty damn good.

Raistlin
09-18-2005, 06:18 AM
Batman is by far the best thing produced by DC. However, that's really it. Batman also has way too many freakin' movies, but the character was redeemed by the latest movie.

Marvel, now, has a ton of awesome characters. First off: Spider-Man and X-Men, made even more awesome by their classic cartoons. X-Men also has the most consistently good movies(Spider-Man was good, but 2 sucked; whereas, X-Men was great, as was X-2). Then there's: Daredevil, the Hulk, The Punisher, Captain America, Blade, and also a whole section of comics most people don't read or really know much about: Silver Surfer, Thanos, The Impossible Man (best character ever; too bad he's only in like three comics), the whole Infinity Gauntlet characters. That's the real nerdy stuff, right there.

Doomie
09-18-2005, 01:43 PM
I voted Marvel, but you forgot some characters from DC, I think. Wonderwoman, The Green Lantern, and the Flash is what I can think of.

Slothy
09-18-2005, 02:11 PM
Let's see all the films by both companies
DC:Superman, Batman, Batman Returns, Batman Forever, Batman & Robin, Batman Begins, Catwoman

Marvel:Spiderman, Spiderman2, Blade, Blade 2, Blade Trinity, The Hulk, Dare Devil, X-Men, X-Men 2, Fantastic Four, Elektra, The Punisher

You managed to leave out 4 or 5 Superman movies there (forget how many of those there are. Not worth mentioning beyond number 2 anyway), and probably a few DC movies I haven't heard of, have forgotten, or didn't even realize were DC movies. There was also a Captain America movie, and an older Punisher movie, but again, not really worth mentioning.

Marvel is better if you ask me. Their characters are more interesting, and tend to come off as more human than the Demigod's of the DC universe, the major exception being Batman who is one of the most interesting and well developed characters in comics period. At the end of the day though, guys like Spider-man, the X-Men, Fantastic Four, and a lot of their villians take the cake though.

And to the comment that DC seems to have better graphic novels, I'll have to agree completely. It doesn't seem Marvel has a lot of stand alone graphic novel stuff at all. Kingdom Come may be one of the best comic stories I've ever read period, but then again Marvel did make the book Marvels, which I don't think any Marvel comics fan should miss out on.

Dreddz
09-18-2005, 04:21 PM
I accidently put Marvel, DC ia better cause the Batman movies are better than any of marvels work....

Raistlin
09-18-2005, 05:12 PM
The first Batman movie (that I can remember, anyway) and the most recent Batman movie are the only ones worth watching. The rest suck. The Superman movie's are crap, too.

Spider-Man (Spider-Man 2's worth seeing once...maybe), X-Men, X-2, Blade, Daredevil...all are worth seeing. The Hulk was crap, and I haven't seen Fantastic Four or The Punisher yet.

Shoeberto
09-18-2005, 05:19 PM
Like everyone else has said, Marvel over DC, except for Batman.

DC's are based too much on people just randomly being all-powerful, whereas Marvel's have actual backstories of the characters going from human to their superpowered form. The exception is Batman, but we've already covered that.

Dreddz
09-18-2005, 05:26 PM
Dc have had more successful movies, Batman, Batman Returns ( not the other 3 ), Superman 1,2 and 3. All are better, and rated better my critics. Not saying Marvel havent had success, just DC did do better movies....

Raistlin
09-18-2005, 06:51 PM
DC did better movies? Are you nuts? DC did the <i>only</i> movies until not very long ago.

radyk05
09-18-2005, 08:34 PM
DC did better movies? Are you nuts? DC did the <i>only</i> movies until not very long ago.

don't forget the superman movies. those were from the early 80's and the batman movies that started in the early 90's. seven dc movies in total (that i know of).

aren't we forgeting image comics? spawn is one of the greatest super heroes of all times. i think that batman, spiderman and spawn are all in a class of their own. they are all so... human.

Maxico
09-18-2005, 09:08 PM
http://www.superdickery.com/images/other/1296_4_013.jpg

How can anybody not love a company that printed comics like these?

KoShiatar
09-18-2005, 09:19 PM
Personally I tend to go more on Marvel's side, because of the X-Men and Elektra.

Dreddz
09-18-2005, 10:00 PM
Marven made all the movies Popcorn, cheese flix. Movies like Batman are way better, and reviews also surgest yes as well.....

Sephiroths Clone
09-18-2005, 11:58 PM
Marvel has had great movies. i.e. Spiderman and the only good (recent) DC movie has been Batman Begins, and the new Suoerman movie doesnt look good at all.....superman sucks. Batman does own everyone though. but ill still go with marvel on this one.

Ashley Schovitz
09-19-2005, 12:33 AM
Here's a classic for you. Slade http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b185/S-wo/TeenTitansOriginal.jpg

Doomie
09-19-2005, 12:44 AM
The first Batman movie (that I can remember, anyway) and the most recent Batman movie are the only ones worth watching. The rest suck. The Superman movie's are crap, too.

Spider-Man (Spider-Man 2's worth seeing once...maybe), X-Men, X-2, Blade, Daredevil...all are worth seeing. The Hulk was crap, and I haven't seen Fantastic Four or The Punisher yet.

The Punisher is fantastic. It is a MUST-SEE. Also, I saw all Batmans besides the most recent, and I think Batman Forever is the best.

Slade
09-19-2005, 06:29 AM
Here's a classic for you. Slade http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b185/S-wo/TeenTitansOriginal.jpg

:love:
Good ol' Titans.

Slothy
09-19-2005, 09:44 PM
The Punisher is fantastic. It is a MUST-SEE. Also, I saw all Batmans besides the most recent, and I think Batman Forever is the best.

I'll have to disagree with you there. The Punisher was hands down the worst comic book movie I've seen since Batman & Robin (although that movie is in a league of it's own when it comes to being absolute crap).

As for Marvel movies being nothing but popcorn cheese flicks. Bull I say. Spider-Man, X-Men, the Hulk, and FF (to a slightly lesser extent than the others) all managed to have better stories, and more human characters that you can actually relate to than any Batman or Superman movie with the exception of Batman Begins. Not that the DC movies are crap, since most are far from it, but the stories, characters and their relationships in most of those DC movies doesn't compare to the best that Marvel has put out if you ask me.

Endless
09-19-2005, 10:39 PM
DC for me, they published The Sandman, which is pretty much the only comics I've ever bought. I'm tempted to check V for Vendetta (DC comics too) just because Gaiman often makes references to it as an important work.

Captain Maxx Power
09-20-2005, 12:27 PM
Marvel have Spiderman and Wolverine. 'Nuff said.

theundeadhero
09-20-2005, 05:53 PM
I really like it years ago when Marvel and DC came together to do the Marvel vs. DC crossover thing. That was really cool. I still have the graphic novel that they put all those comics together in. It's a hard choice for me, but I think I like DC better because they have Batman and Lobo. When the Lobo comics first came out they were amazing. Still the very best as far as I can see. After a while the drawing style changed and they got kinda cheesy. I still have a lot of Lobo comics though.

I remember when Iw as six years old and the old 60's Batman show came on TV again. I watched it religously and loved it. I also remember when I was in Elementary school when Batman: The animated series came on tv. It was really Dark, and cool. One of the better cartoons ever.

Traitorfish
09-21-2005, 10:55 PM
I would choose neither.
Personally, I like Warhammer Monthly, Games Workshop's comic. The best guys The Redeemer. I mean, a chainsaw-weilding, zombie-mashing zealot, with a hat that's actaully on fire! How cool is that!?! His car is even a APC/gothic cathedral!
Out of the choices, I would go for Marvel, because they have less of a tendenacy to go in for that kind of 'American Glory' junk.... Except for Capatin America... Although, DC do own 2000AD, the source of such wonder as Judge Dredd and ABC Warriors.
Dark Horse is good too- they publish Hellboy, and the Aliens comics.

Nick Schovitz
09-21-2005, 11:57 PM
So Slade you think that Beast Boy can beat Mystique? You're crazy just look at the two.
http://www.zaldivacomics.com/images/comics/marvel/mystique_03%20(Large).jpg http://tn2.deviantart.com/300W/fs6.deviantart.com/i/2005/096/5/7/I_love_you____by_BeastBoy743.jpg He's gay which one do y'all prefer?

kratos_GoS
10-03-2005, 08:50 AM
Marvel has spider-man and wolverine
plus i like Stan lee and how he is in all the movies