PDA

View Full Version : whats the worst ff in your opinion

leon123
09-18-2005, 01:52 AM
whats the worst ff in your opinion

Slade
09-18-2005, 04:37 AM
None. But my least favorite is probably 4 or X-2. But theyre still great so i have no worst.

ViVincent
09-18-2005, 04:45 AM
Final Fantasy VIII, My hate will never die for this game!

raskerino
09-18-2005, 01:55 PM
Final Fantasy VIII, My hate will never die for this game!

grrrrrrr... my hate for you shall never die. On subject though probably FF2, dunno why I like them all.

Ralph
09-18-2005, 01:59 PM
I didn't play much FF's, but I dislike part 2. I have Dawn Of Souls, and I have finished FF1 for 2 months now, and in FF2 I'm in Kashuan Keep, with weak charas.

Alive-Cat
09-18-2005, 03:26 PM
FFIX
my hatred will never die for this game.

Dreddz
09-18-2005, 05:28 PM
I dont dislike any of them, but X-2 was my least fav.

Black Mage FF1
09-18-2005, 06:50 PM
How anyone can hate FFIX or FFVIII more then FFX-2 is behond me.

Anyway, FFX-2 is easily the worst FF game ever. Just horrible, simply horrible.

rubah
09-18-2005, 07:12 PM
X-2 was fun and kept me relatively entertained, which is more than I can have said for ff4.

Captain Maxx Power
09-18-2005, 08:21 PM
I don't think it's necessary to have the terrm "turd cracker" as a topic title. :mad:

Destai
09-18-2005, 08:37 PM
X-2 was fun and kept me relatively entertained, which is more than I can have said for ff4.ditto. Besides that I dont dislike any of them.

KoShiatar
09-18-2005, 08:38 PM
Thread like this will never have a solution, because it depends on very individual tastes.

kikimm
09-19-2005, 01:51 AM
Well, that's why he's asking for our opinion. ;D

Of all the ones I've played, I think FF1 is the worst. But "worst" is a bit harsh; I just found it extremely boring. I like a uh, developed story, and characters. It feels too simple to me. Like rubah said, X-2 was at least entertaining, even though I didn't like it. It makes sense. :)

muchacho
09-19-2005, 02:56 AM
how do you guys not like ff4? that game was so good.

anyway i dont hate any of them, but my least fav. was 5 or 9.

Vyk
09-19-2005, 03:51 AM
Mystic Quest would win this if anyone had actually played the game. Thankfully most of you seem to have not had the pleasure. Failing that as an option I'd have to vote Crystal Chronicles.

DMKA
09-19-2005, 04:12 AM
FFIII

Apollo
09-19-2005, 04:02 PM
My least favorite would have to be FFVII. :o

KoShiatar
09-19-2005, 08:35 PM
Mystic Quest would win this if anyone had actually played the game. Thankfully most of you seem to have not had the pleasure. Failing that as an option I'd have to vote Crystal Chronicles.

I have played it, but never finished it...I just couldn't get myself to the task.

SeeDRankLou
09-19-2005, 08:49 PM
I don't dislike any of them, but my least favorite is FFII.

Black Mage FF1
09-19-2005, 08:53 PM

*Played both FFMQ and FF CC and I loved both.*

FFx-2 is still the worst FF game ever made.

Light Mage
09-19-2005, 09:25 PM
I utterly, utterly HATED the "player's guide" for FFIX.

When you pay £15 for a guide book you don't expect to have to read "go to our website to find this out" or "go to our website to find that out" etc.

GAH! I KEEL J00!

bipper
09-20-2005, 01:00 AM

I did and I agree! Mq is the worst 'turd cracker' It is a floater in the abysial toilet of crap RPGs, but it is still horrid.

rubah
09-20-2005, 01:52 AM
I got much further in mystic quest before starting my hiatus than I did in ff4.

Cruise Control
09-20-2005, 02:13 AM
Turd cracker XDDDDDD
Mystic Quest

Light Mage
09-20-2005, 01:00 PM
I quite liked Mystic Quest. Maybe it was just the way you could choose your enemy encounters and won prizes for defeating battlefields of enemies...

Prizes = incentive for fighting/leveling up.

Strawberry_Mew
09-20-2005, 08:47 PM
Well I love all the Final Fantasy's I played but my least fav would be Tactics. I thought the battles took to long

BG-57
09-20-2005, 09:58 PM

I have played it. It's a cute little game, not particularly difficult. The only tricky part was two character parties were very vunerable to petrification attacks.

As Light Mage suggested, visible enemies that you could pick your battles with was a nice touch.

It's nowhere near the top of my favorite FFs but I didn't hate it with a passion either.

Dreddz
09-20-2005, 11:00 PM
FFIII
I agree for the most part, the ROM of it was poor. But I did enjoy it, and seeing as it was a ROM. I had to give it credit.....

crashNUMBERS
09-25-2005, 02:51 AM
FFIII is my fav FF actually...

worst turd cracker
Leon123. Even your own thread agrees...

Ceil
09-25-2005, 02:59 AM
I loved Mystic Quest, and still have the cart :o

My least favourite was FF8. I hate the game so much, I never even give it the dignity of Roman Numerals.

FFX_fanatiq
10-01-2005, 06:51 AM
How anyone can hate FFIX or FFVIII more then FFX-2 is behond me.

Anyway, FFX-2 is easily the worst FF game ever. Just horrible, simply horrible.

You said it all
ffx-2=^(@^(@

Roogle
10-01-2005, 07:12 AM
This is just a note to all those that create topics to please choose an acceptable and proper name for their topics. While this isn't strictly enforced, I trust members to use their own judgment when creating threads.

Thanks.

ThroneofDravaris
10-01-2005, 09:23 AM
FFIII

It's FFV, cept crap.

Slothy
10-01-2005, 01:39 PM
I don't hate any of them really, but FF1 really is the worst of them all. Some may say that's a bit of an unfair assessment; that since it was the first in the series it's not going to seem as good as the others. My response to them is that FF4, and FF6 (my favorite game of all time btw) have held up very well despite each being over a decade old. FF1 had pretty good gameplay, but it's total lack of a compelling story or actual characters keeps it from being very fun in the long run for me.

Shadowdeathrose
10-01-2005, 04:24 PM
i dont care wat any of ya say all ff games are gr8 esspecially x-2

Bowser
10-01-2005, 11:42 PM
1. Mystic Quest :smash:
2. FFVIII (Ughh.....)
3. FFX (Hated the characters except Kimahri)
4. FFX-2 (~No comment~)

:mad:

LunarWeaver
10-02-2005, 12:00 AM
VIII...Summon summon then keep your hit points low on purpose and Renzokuken Renzokuken...Junctioning was an interesting concept though.

Crossblades
10-02-2005, 04:15 AM
I like all FF games, and I haven't tried X-2 and XI yet, so I can't give an opinion on them

Primus Inter Pares
10-02-2005, 06:51 AM
Zelda. :cool:

Shoeberto
10-02-2005, 06:57 AM
I wasn't a big fan of IV.

Shadowdeathrose
10-03-2005, 03:50 PM
garamorde wats the piont of playing em if ya dont like em??

Rubix
10-03-2005, 04:09 PM
Final Fantasy I
Not because it's crap but because I found it hard to get into. I am sure that if I played it when it first hit the shelves I would of been amazed.

The Shoeless Hobo
10-07-2005, 12:24 PM
I disliked FFI, FFIX and FFX-2 aswell as the Final Fantasy that had Cecil in it. I don't dislike Cecil, I just don't know if this Final Fantasy is IV or V.

But I like in order of preference:

1. FF6 & FF7 (Draw)
2. FF8
3. The Final Fantasy with only four main characters (Where you choose jobs for them(On SNES))
3. FFMQ
4. FFX

The rest I havn't played.

Quiksilver326
10-07-2005, 12:26 PM
1.Final Fantasy IX(The freakin tail was annoying me)
2.Mystic Quest
3.Final Fantasy V

Mythra
10-07-2005, 02:05 PM
The only one's I can say I hate/dislike were Mystic Quest and FF-X2. They just didn't feel like a FF game. Granted Mystic Quest came out a long time ago, but also at that time I believe Zelda: Link to the Past came out and that game kicked a$$

BG-57
10-08-2005, 05:47 PM
I disliked FFI, FFIX and FFX-2 as well as the Final Fantasy that had Cecil in it. I don't dislike Cecil, I just don't know if this Final Fantasy is IV or V.

Final Fantasy IV, aka Final Fantasy II on SNES. It was rereleased as FFIV on PSX.

Interesting, I thought FFIV's plot was even better than FFVI's as far as the SNES FF's went. Although I didn't care for rigidly defined character classes.

I thought FFV had a much worse plot than either FFIV or FFVI, but the flexible job system partially made up for it.

rubah
10-08-2005, 08:51 PM
I disliked FFI, FFIX and FFX-2 aswell as the Final Fantasy that had Cecil in it. I don't dislike Cecil, I just don't know if this Final Fantasy is IV or V.

But I like in order of preference:

1. FF6 & FF7 (Draw)
2. FF8
3. The Final Fantasy with only four main characters (Where you choose jobs for them(On SNES))
3. FFMQ
4. FFX

The rest I havn't played.

the one you don't like is ff4, and your third place favorite is ff5.

DJZen
10-08-2005, 09:32 PM
Least Favorites with ration explanations as to why:

FFVII: I just didn't get into the storyline (and I've played it several times, so it's not for lack of knowing it), I thought the characters were uninteresting, and the whole "LETS MAKE EVERYTHING ÜBER-EPIC TO THE POINT WHERE EVEN THE NPCS ARE CHEWING THE SCENERY!!!" It just wasn't the sort of thing I get into. The materia system was fun, but I like class based RPGs more.

FFIX: I thought this game was trying to straddle the old-school/new-school fence too hard. On the one hand, it had a very new-school battle system what with trance mode and equippable abilities (I don't like having to spend 5 hours on some silly sidequest just to get good abilities, for the record), but it also had a more "uh oh! villains! let's rescure the president and save the babes!" old school feel. Many people say that being medieval makes it old school. Well, for one thing, it's rennaisancey, not medieval, and for another, no it doesn't. The whole thing just came off as going in two directions at once for me, and I wasn't all that into it. The translation was really good though.

FFIV: It's not that I don't like it, it's that having completely fixed classes on characters you have no control over the presence of in the party just seems like such a huge step backwards for Final Fantasy to me. In FFI you got to choose your job. In FFIII you got to choose your job at any time. In FFII you could make any character do whatever you wanted to do, there were no jobs. FFIV not only pre-determined all your characters's jobs, but you couldn't even select between them. Couple that with the game's reluctance to let anyone's deaths be meaningful (Yang, Palom, Porom, Cid and Edward are all fine in the end), and the whole "well remember that thing that I just said was our last chance 5 minutes ago? I was lying. THIS is our last chance" story progression just rubs me the wrong way. It is fun though.

FFCC: I'm forced to side with my detractors on this one. I'm not quite sure what SE was thinking with the battle system, but it's too convoluted and slow, and there's too much necessity to repeat levels (which get harder every time you beat them). It's not that it's not fun, it's that they could have done a better job. If you want to see how much fun this game could have been, play Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures. I can't even begin to explain how much more well executed that game was.

FFMQ: I do not dislike this game. I like this game, but I DO dislike one thing in particular. The battles are all VERY easy. You can walk into a dungeon completely unprepared and pretty much just hit attack the whole time and you'll be fine. This isn't a bad thing in and of itself, but the fact that you have to fight so many of these easy battles is VERY discouraging to newbie RPG players, which is apparently who this game was designed to accomodate. The HP display as a bar was a step in the right direction, as were the graphics and music, and even the story and dialogue and jobless "you get all the magic and weapons!" system, but they really should have made the battles less numerous.