PDA

View Full Version : FF3: No more random encounters!

Peter_20
09-18-2005, 12:40 PM
Ever heard of the "Cure = no encounter" trick in FF2?
Well, it works in this game as well!
And what's more: you can cure yourself ANYTIME in FF3, meaning you can erase encounters forever if you want to.
Just get a large supply of Potions & HiPotions and get some high amounts of Cure spells, and you're set!

KoShiatar
09-18-2005, 10:11 PM
I don't know the trick...would you please explain it?

Peter_20
09-18-2005, 11:43 PM
I don't know the trick...would you please explain it?Well, strategy-wise, it only works on emulators.

You simply Save State and wander around until you get drawn into an encounter.
Now use Load State and walk to the point right before the encounter starts, and use a curative item or spell
(Potion & Cure).
This will reset the whole encounter thing, effectively "erasing" the encounter you otherwise should have got drawn into.

Simply put, using Potion or Cure will erase the encounter occuring in the next step.

Captain Maxx Power
09-19-2005, 05:48 PM
If you be doing that then ye characters will be weaker than a fishwife suffering from scurvey.

Peter_20
09-19-2005, 07:17 PM
If you be doing that then ye characters will be weaker than a fishwife suffering from scurvey.
I never told you to use it like that!
It's useful if you wanna check a dungeon or something without having to be disturbed by random encounters all the time!
Nothing is more patience-trying than running around getting lost in an unknown dungeon and get drawn into some fight crap every fifth step! :mad:

You should use it for that stuff; in order to make it easier to investigate new places.
Then, you can start for real, PREPARED for the place! :D