PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else have a similar problem?

Twisted Tinkerbell
09-18-2005, 05:49 PM
The other day I was out, and I had gift vouchers for a shop, and I went into three of their branches and the only stuff they had that fitted me was really ugly. I'm not a stupidly large ie uk 22-24 size, yet they went up to that, and nothing was in my size. And to be honest I'm a fairly average size. Yes in the end I did find something, but they had to take it off the smurfing mannequin. I got given free stuff for all the agg they caused me. Still won't shop with them again though. So anyone else with a similar problem?

fire_of_avalon
09-18-2005, 05:56 PM
Wait. They gave you free stuff because the garments you happened to like happened to be out of stock in their stores? I don't know who you shop with, but I don't see how they stay in business. It's life to not be able to find your size. Sometimes, stores run out. Because people shop there and buy things.

And yeah, it does suck to shop and not find anything in your size.

bipper
09-18-2005, 06:01 PM
If you accept the free stuff, and don't shop there again, I think there is somthing wrong with that.

Bipper

ZeZipster
09-18-2005, 06:04 PM
If you accept the free stuff, and don't shop there again, I think there is somthing wrong with that.

Bipper

I concur.

I'm quite versatile when it comes to clothes. My closet varies from YL tshirts to L tshirts, and I wear everything in it. But then again I don't have boobs.

Iceglow
09-18-2005, 06:27 PM
Ok guys well Kitten didn't exactly make this clear but I was there and therefore I will explain (being Kitten's fiance I think I remember what happened then) We had to return something to Ann summers (not that it is anyones business what we brought or why we had to take it back but there ya go thats the company go figure :P) on Oxford Street. As we decided sod it we don't want a replacement they gave us a refund in Ann Summers gift vouchers so that Kitten could get something else from there they also gave her a free novelty sweet, a few condoms (being a sex shop it makes sense) and a catalogue. After looking round that store before going to the store on Wardour street looking for something to buy for the vouchers. In the end we ended up in Brewer street and finally got a decent bit of service from an assistant (nice bloke even if I did stand a better chance at pulling him than the woman behind us who was fluttering her eyelashes geez what happened to perception these days?) He called round a fourth store before offering us the display clothing. Getting back to Kitten's we sat on the internet and looked at both the catalogue given to her and the ann summers site and discovered that whilst every line goes up to a UK womens size 22 - 24 (thats about 46 inches upwards in waist alone) Most of the lines start at a UK size 10 (which is equivalent to a 28 inch waist) Kitten is a size 8 (26 inch waist to us guys). Now what is the point in covering all sizes from a size 10 to a 24 but not a size 8? Also before any of you use google and go look for yourselves at their site we were not interested in their underwear as you can get better looking stuff at other shops.

Rye
09-18-2005, 06:29 PM
I'm a size 9 (a little smaller than a 9, but not a 7) and I have difficult time finding stuff in stores. I'm convinced that if you're not a size 6 or lower, it's impossible to find clothes. :(

rubah
09-18-2005, 06:29 PM
I hate when people say 'give us your t-shirt size!'

and then you think 'Oh, well the medium I got last year fit really swell!' and you get one of those.

and then the shirts come in, and it's like "ZOMP *swamped*"

Then the next year you think "Hey, let's get a small this year!"

and they come in, and there aren't enough smalls. and it's "ZOMP *swamped*"

My prediction for small orderage this year is "ZOMP, *breaks shirt*"

Seriously. How many different t-shirt sizes are there? I don't get it.

We ordered shirts for quiz bowl last year, and our sponsor upped all the sizes :( They were already the large-sort-of-mediums, and getting a large meant I had to tie it down with a scrunchie:OOOOOO

Who the heck thinks "Oh, my students don't know what size they are. Let's make them all bigger!"?

Aside from my quiz bowl sponsor, obviously.

Vyk
09-18-2005, 11:23 PM
So they gave you free stuff for not having what you want, on top of free stuff you got when returning what you didn't want but somehow ended up with anyway, and you still don't think they're worth your time? Somehow that just made the whole situation seem even worse than when bipper pointed it out. Not everyone is going to find everything they want/need everywhere. It doesn't mean they're trying to be mean and segregate against you or anything o_o;

Twisted Tinkerbell
09-19-2005, 12:13 AM
So they gave you free stuff for not having what you want, on top of free stuff you got when returning what you didn't want but somehow ended up with anyway, and you still don't think they're worth your time? Somehow that just made the whole situation seem even worse than when bipper pointed it out. Not everyone is going to find everything they want/need everywhere. It doesn't mean they're trying to be mean and segregate against you or anything o_o;

I paid for something that I had to take back cause it was lousy, they then gave me gift vouchers, the only reason I got free stuff was cause I was fed up with trapsing around a shop which had nothing in my size, I then went into a further two shops and still nothing in my size, cause I'm skinny with no breasts, so guess what I still think the damn company screwed me over, cause I ain't fat or skinny with huge breasts. I don't expect to find everything I want need, but after three shops having nothing you'd be pretty fed up too.

Shlup
09-19-2005, 01:05 AM
There's a store at the mall (Hollister) where I wear an XL if it fits. I'm totally average-sized too. My boyfriend likes to shop there 'cause he skinny-ass wears a medium. xD I can't imagine the guys who go in there for a small. Must be children. My boyfriend is 5'11" and 125 pounds! He wears a size two in ladies jeans.

Vyk
09-19-2005, 02:48 AM
Holy crap. And I thought I was scrawny. No offense, but I'm 5'8 and really scrawny and even I weigh more than that. I don't think its healthy at all to be that scrawny. Get some meat on that poor boy! XD

And Kitty. I see what you mean now. But if they're all affiliated, I'm not surprised other stores didn't have anything different from the first.

Shlup
09-19-2005, 03:38 AM
Holy crap. And I thought I was scrawny. No offense, but I'm 5'8 and really scrawny and even I weigh more than that. I don't think its healthy at all to be that scrawny. Get some meat on that poor boy! XD
He had to go through a bunch of tests before he could even get health insurance. xD All the guys in his family are like that though; they eat a ton and are skinny as hell.

Vyk
09-19-2005, 04:09 AM
Good metabolism I suppose. Mine's pretty through the roof, but as I said, even I'm not that well off. Or bad off. If it's a problem. Which I doubt. People with metabolic rates that make them look anorexic are usually really healthy. I know I am. Can't remember the last time I got sick

Markus. D
09-19-2005, 05:17 AM
well, i had to leave the cinema through a heavy array of events that happened while enjoying the awesome kung fu hustle for the 3rd time.

i got one of those, see a movie whenever for free when you use this token.

when i went in to see it the next day they said, id please... i was like... what????

i ddnt have any on me at the time, i shouted at the manager for discriminating against tall people... then i left.

Vyk
09-19-2005, 05:27 AM
i shouted at the manager for discriminating against tall people... then i left.
What the...