PDA

View Full Version : How to not die against Malboro's.

BizzerocitY
09-18-2005, 06:28 PM
See, I'm in Esthar in the third disk, and I found a Malboro and I used Mug on it and got 2 tentacles for the tear's reece or ring or whatever0, and then the Malboro used bad breathe and confused and poisoned and beserked me and all this other stuff, so I ended up getting a game over. How can I fight Malboro's and not die? My Squall is like level 45 or so with over 100 strenght, my Zell is like level 38 or so with over 100 strength and Irvine is like level 25 because I tried to use Rinoa alot, and then she went coma so I'm using him and his strength is in the 40's and I have a lot of magic, but I'm not able to junction anti-status ailments to my defenses, and if I could which ones would I junction? I have all the GF's up to Alexander, but none after. And Squall has junctioned to him: Quetzy, Diablos, Alexander, Pandemonia. Zell has: Ifrit, Cereberus, Leviathon and Brothers, and Irvine has: Shive, Siren and Carbuncle. So... What should I do to beat Malboro's, because I really want to get Doomtrain. And all the other secret GF's.

rubah
09-18-2005, 07:04 PM
In the true square spirit, it is easier to defeat malboros after you already have killed some of them. (to get malboro tentacles for the GF doomtrain)

So what you do is take your mugger and magic user and give them Cerberus, who has ST Def x4. ST def= Berserk, Confuse, Silence, and one other. You'd want to use either Slow/Stop/Haste (to prevent slow), or Bio (to prevent poison damage) Or, you could use Pain magic and that would help a lot also~ Give this person the GF Pandemona also, and then use triple magic on Speed (or slow or stop or haste) and if you have them learned, auto haste, initiative, and spd+40% (I don't think pandemona or cerberus have ablx3 so but you need Diablos to have Mug, so junction him in too)

Then, go in, Mug the sucker, then run away:D

G SpOtZ
09-18-2005, 07:10 PM
i'm on disc 2 and all three of my characters have status def junctions... hmmm. i'll get back to you on which characters have which gfs.

junctioning 100 esunas is very useful.

EDIT: yeah rubah's advice with the pains junctioned is good too. go rape those elnoyles.

only put those on one character. then have that character have the treatment command to cure ur other characters.or you can double up and use esunas. whichever works.

BizzerocitY
09-18-2005, 07:28 PM
Well I just learned Mug, and I don't remember what Pandemonia is learning, but I know it's not any of the things you said. But I like the hit and run thing. Is there anyway I can continue with the story line and train for awhile randomly somewhere with strong monsters, then come back and fight Malboros with more abilities learned?

rubah
09-18-2005, 07:34 PM
Have you gotten the Ragnarok yet? If you haven't, just continue on with storyline until you do xD Otherwise, go get the Odin, Tonberry, and Cactuar GFs.

BizzerocitY
09-18-2005, 08:31 PM
Ragnarok? What's that? Is it a GF?

rubah
09-18-2005, 08:51 PM
more like a mode of transportation xD

Keep playing.

BizzerocitY
09-18-2005, 08:55 PM
Okay then. I'm gonna go get the Jumbo Cactuar and Bahamut and Eden first, then I'm gonna do the Tonberry King, then I'm gonna finish the game. Because I want to.

G SpOtZ
09-18-2005, 09:11 PM
ultima weapons hard, or at least i thought he was. i always had so much trouble with him, but that's because my characters were all level 100.and i wasn't quick enough. ultima weapon was really fast for me, and doomtrain helps a lot with him, so i suggest you get doomtrain first.

and you don't know what the ragnarok is. you can't get bahamut and eden if you don't have the ragnarok.

BizzerocitY
09-18-2005, 09:39 PM
I read about it. It's a car or transportation vehicle thingie.

nik0tine
09-18-2005, 10:52 PM
Junction 100 Berserks and confuses to status defense. Give that person Sirens treatment ability. You win.

Gilgamesh of Legends
09-18-2005, 11:02 PM
ultima weapons hard, or at least i thought he was. i always had so much trouble with him, but that's because my characters were all level 100.and i wasn't quick enough. ultima weapon was really fast for me, and doomtrain helps a lot with him, so i suggest you get doomtrain first.

and you don't know what the ragnarok is. you can't get bahamut and eden if you don't have the ragnarok.

ultima weapon hard? 3 renzezokens finished him.

TheSpoonyBard
09-19-2005, 12:29 AM
The GFs with ST-Defx2 are Carbuncle, Cerberus and Siren, so make sure you've got one of those on each character, then junction 100 Beserks and Confuses. Cerberus and Doomtrain have ST-Defx4 so you could include Bio and Sleep as a ST-Def. Siren's Treatment can help out with any other unpleasant ailments.

G SpOtZ
09-19-2005, 02:44 AM

ultima weapon hard? 3 renzezokens finished him.
-_-;; i didn't have many auras and ultima weapon killed me before i could get my life into yellow or cast aura. it was SOOO pathetic. but that's just because all my previous files i had crappy characters because i was too lazy to draw magic, so my juncioning sucked. everybody but squall was super weak. yeah it was sad so we'll see how i do this time around.

Gilgamesh of Legends
09-19-2005, 03:16 AM
stat atk drain punishment 2 dead on closest to hell, awesome training spot

Kirobaito
09-19-2005, 05:02 AM
You can also get Quistis into the mega-low HP, junction her with Auto-Haste, and use Limit Degenerate on them. You won't be able to mug Tentacles, but you can win them afterwards.

Jessweeee♪
10-01-2005, 05:11 PM
here's what you do: make sure at least one character has 100 beserks and 100 confuses (confuse is optional though highly reccomended) and that character needs treatment. Treat that character then whoever has mug, mug until you get the tentacles and get the hell out of there.

darkmischief
10-01-2005, 07:28 PM
In short...protect against everything that makes you lose control of your character...which is Beserk, Confuse, Sleep...just have that one guy that has these junctions to have Siren's Treatment, and then its pretty easy after that...or you could play cards and get 24x Malboros...

Christmas
10-01-2005, 07:44 PM
Use the Ribbon item on your GF and they learn the ability. Junction it and you are safe. But this item can only be found using the special add-on game Chocobo World for the PocketStation. This isn't available in North America, but you can use it if you own FF8 for PC.

Gilgamesh of Legends
10-01-2005, 11:32 PM
3 words. Pray for Odin

G SpOtZ
10-02-2005, 02:11 AM
have pandemona learn initiative, then give that person pandemona and diablos. diablos with mug, of course, hopefully you'll mug it on the first try.

Bahumat
10-02-2005, 02:43 AM
Or get some ribbons. easy fix. you become immune to negative stat effects.

Gilgamesh of Legends
10-02-2005, 02:48 AM
where do you get ribbons?

Christmas
10-02-2005, 03:11 AM
where do you get ribbons?

Use the Ribbon item on your GF and they learn the ability. Junction it and you are safe. But this item can only be found using the special add-on game Chocobo World for the PocketStation. This isn't available in North America, but you can use it if you own FF8 for PC.

Bahumat
10-03-2005, 06:55 AM
Or if you use a gameshark......No, I didn't, but my friend did. He's the one who showed me.

boys from the dwarf
10-03-2005, 07:47 AM
the long but easy way to get malboro tentacles is get into a battle with a malboro and if odin dont show up, run away.keep on doing it until odin comes and hope you get some malboro tentacles afterwards.