PDA

View Full Version : Japanese Release Date

Sephiroths Clone
09-18-2005, 07:18 PM
According to IGN Kingdom Hearts II will be coming out in Japan December 22. Yet there has been no news on the North American Release date.

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/651/651837p1.html

So-Luna
09-18-2005, 10:23 PM
Yeah so when is it going to come out in the U.S.?

lordmakalpine
09-21-2005, 12:01 AM
I would imagine that Disney is probably pushing SE hard to get it released before Christmas. i'm not too worried about a january release for the US

Ouch!
09-21-2005, 12:04 AM
Usually when a game comes out in Japan it takes a lot longer than one month to come out State-side.

SeeDRankLou
09-21-2005, 07:47 PM
Usually when a game comes out in Japan it takes a lot longer than one month to come out State-side.
Usually....but there's this thing I think they were trying to start doing. When they announced an official released date for FFVII:Advent Children, they announced that the North American released date would be the same as the Japanese. That didn't work out, but they were trying to do something like that. Some say the reason this game is taking as long as it is is because they are also trying to do that with this game. But I think that Square-Enix would have said something of that nature at the TGS that just happened. All that being said, several gaming sites have updated their KH2 release date as March 1, 2006. This not coming from the mouths of Square-Enix, but still.

Ouch!
09-22-2005, 02:38 AM
The only reason I can imagine that SE would have any success having a close release date would not be because SE wants it that way but because Disney does.

SeeDRankLou
09-25-2005, 05:14 AM
Well there was no holiday type reason to do that with FFVII:AC, but they still tried to do that.

TheAbominatrix
09-25-2005, 05:17 AM
The reason they tried to do that with AC was to discourage American piracy of the film. Games cant really be shared on the net like movies can (well they can, but not as well), and besides no one person could fan-translate the entire game and get it up in a torrent that quickly.

With AC, almost everyone who could download it did, and those that were disappointed with it most likely wont buy it, while if it had been released on the same day as the Japanese, they most likely would have purchased it.

SeeDRankLou
09-26-2005, 09:09 AM
Stop being right. :tongue:

TheAbominatrix
09-26-2005, 10:13 AM
xD sorry, I'll try.