PDA

View Full Version : Grandparents

Rye
09-18-2005, 07:40 PM
Describe your grandparents! Does/did your Grandpa bring you fishing? Does/did your Grandma bake you cookies, read you stories and sew you sweaters with love in every stitch? Or does/did your Grandma call you spoiled and accuse you of having no friends? xD

My Italian grandma fills the second Grandma description. My American grandma wasn't the super sweet happy grandma, but she was nice to me. :) I never knew any of my Grandfathers, but I have a cool Step-Grandpa.

nik0tine
09-18-2005, 07:51 PM
They are nice, but they're kinda controlling.

Seymour_Guado_Goth
09-18-2005, 07:52 PM
My grandfather's spine has curved so i don't really do anything with him. And my grandma she's too old to do much. My other grandparents are dead. Last time i saw them they were in their coffins.

The Summoner of Leviathan
09-18-2005, 07:53 PM
Both my grandfathers died whilst my parents were teenagers.

My maternal grandma, Grammy, is awesome. I love her so much, I miss her the most (Since I moved away). Though she does not have much she always tries to give the most to us, her grandchildren. She is so full of life, and has this quality that is astounding at times. Eventhough I do not share th same beliefs as her, she has this faith in GOd, that is touching. 8starts tearing up* I miss her so much...

My paternal grandma, Nanny, is cool too. She taught me every card game I know. She is smart, and she has alsways a story to tell from her childhood, or from when she travelled. My mom once my grandma and her were at a wedding reception in Cali, convince her to dance on a table *loves that story*. She is stubborn as heck, though I have to love her for it, she will never back down. Though now in her later years (she is 10 years older than my other grandma), life has started to take away from her. So I worry a lot about her cuz she gets worked up easily, then that distracts and bother her, and then doesn't help with her alzeihers (she has been diagnosed with it, but only mild, and was for a while reluctant to take medication). I miss her too....

I can't say anything about my granddads cuz I do not know them, though I would love to meet them. The closet thing I knew to one was my great grandfather but he died in '94 so I did not kno him well for I was too young. I have my great grandmother still, and I love her. Though because of my own laziness and stupidity I never did see her much.

rubah
09-18-2005, 07:54 PM
my grandmothers cook well.

my grandpa Bill is sorta deteriorating in old age, but grandpa floyd is about the same.

I don't really spend much time with any of them *bad*

moldybread
09-18-2005, 07:58 PM
My last grandparent died in 2001, but he thought he was in a battleship in WW2(EDIT: <--- my italian grandpa :love: ). My Grandma Louise was really nice, she made people smile.

Old Manus
09-18-2005, 08:04 PM
"During the war..."

Zeldy
09-18-2005, 09:30 PM
I love going my Nana's, there is this huge picture frame full of the whole family :love:

DMKA
09-18-2005, 09:37 PM
I was really close to my dad's parents. My grandpa on my dad's side died when I was about seven. He was an immigant from Mexico, who somehow work his way into becoming a Untied States Sailor. I still have one of his Navy covers (or "hats" =p), and I have a couple pictures of him in his dress blues. He was a real nice guy, even though after he died my aunt would tell me stories of how evil he was...but she was his step daughter, so eh.

My dad's mom was awesome, despite having a few irrational prejudices (some racial). She would buy me and my sister so much, and when we ended up homeless she helped us out as much as she was able to. She was just that grandma, you know, that gives you warm fuzzies when you hug her. She died when I was 13.

Now my mom's parents, I wasn't very closed to at all, and I'm still not. My mom's dad hated kids. He was senile, selfish, and a drug addict, which ended up being the death of him. After all the drugs and alcohol, on top of having Parkinson's disease, his liver finally quit and killed him at the age of 65. this was about two years ago, when I was 18, I think. I didn't care very much so I don't really remember.

My mom's mom is still alive. We've gotten a little closer, but I still think she's been a bitch to me majorly at times...I think she's gotten a lot nicer since she stopped smoking though. I dunno, we never spent a whole lot of time together.

Whats interesting, however, is my mother's grandfather, my great grandfather, is still alive and well. He's probably more active than me, and doesn't look like he'll be dying anytime soon. He's a tad senile, a Navy vet, and he chews tabacco and spits it in a Foldgers can which is pretty effing nasty to me, but I guess he's ok. He chews tobacco and has a history as an alcoholic, yet he's outlived three of my grandparents...heh.

Dreddz
09-18-2005, 10:01 PM
All my grandparents died ( in a matter of 6 months )
Depressing stuff......

Faris
09-18-2005, 10:03 PM
Annoying Psychopath.

The rest passed away. Gradpa's before I was born.

Kamiko
09-18-2005, 10:23 PM
Umm... not so bad. I love my mimi!
^_^
If she ever finds out I'm bi though, she'll probably try to excorcise me or something. Very religous.

muchacho
09-18-2005, 10:56 PM
my grandpa has alzhimers so he used to tell me the same story about how a cow ran threw his backyard..... he told me that story 4 times in an hour one time.

my grandma is deaf in one ear, so shes really loud. shes spoils me all the time. and she drinks like a tank.

Craig
09-18-2005, 11:26 PM
My Grandad and Granmother on my Mum's side of the family are both dead. My Grandad on my Mum's side died before I was born.

My Grandad on my Dad's side of the family is dead, and I've never met my Granmother on my Dad's side.

Twisted Tinkerbell
09-19-2005, 12:27 AM
I only knew my nan and grandad on my mum's side, and they brought me up cause my dad left and my mum was too busy with work, or driving lessons, or her boyfriend (who now lives with us and we don't get on). My nan used to take me out all the time, and we were really close, and my grandad would take me to see model airoplane shows, and held my hand when I was in the dentist and I was scared. He died when I was ten and my nan died a few months ago.

Shlup
09-19-2005, 12:57 AM
I love my grandparents! I have seven!

My stepmother's mother (her father died before I was born) is the only one who actually buys me things I want for my birthday and Christmas without needing a shopping list. She don't bake or sew or anything though.

My stepfather's father is a loud old man who teases me, and his wife is a tiny old woman who is super nice and takes me with her sometimes when she buys Chinese black market pottery. xD

My Nana and Pa Bill (dad's mother and her common-law husband of 30 years I guess it is) are crazy pot smoking hippies who lived in Beverly Hills and recently took all their Hollywood crap into a tiny cabin in the mountains. So it's all log cabin outside and crazy LA panther sculptures and crap inside.

<center>http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v54/ShlupQuack/fountain.jpg
(Nana and Pa are the old people, duh)</center>

And Mema and Grampa (mom's parents) raised me until I was eleven and are my favorite people. Grampa takes me to the traim museum and buys me hats and Mema sews me quilts and hats and is sewing my bridesmaid dresses for my wedding next summer.

<center>http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v54/ShlupQuack/03_grents.jpg
(at the mall two weeks ago)</center>

And that post was long because I love all my grandparents and love to talk about how awesome they are. :)

Rye
09-19-2005, 12:59 AM
Wow, your grandparents rock. :) That's pretty awesome of your Mema to sew the bridesmaid dresses.

Shlup
09-19-2005, 01:01 AM
I asked her to 'cause she sewed them for my mom, and she said she did that 'cause she was being cheap, but I want her to do it anyway because she is le coolest! I'm their only grandchild so I'm spoiled. xD