PDA

View Full Version : Forum/Browser annoyance

Vyk
09-18-2005, 11:52 PM
This is a two part question, and I'm putting it here because I can probably assume it's my browser's fault. But to begin, the way I like to navigate this message board is to abuse the "New Posts" link, and "Find all posts by Vyk" in my profile. Its usually the only two things I need. I like to see if there are replies in threads I've been to, via my profile. Red folders means there's been replies since last I looked, right? Wrong T_T Almost everything I've replied to in the past day or so are now red and in most cases I was the last one there. Now were I to go to the New Posts thing, anything I replied in should be yellow, and not bold. Well, its all red and bold >_> It could be a problem with the forum set-up. But I highly doubt that. You guys know what you're doing. It could be due to the server change. In which case I suppose it'd be a good idea to delete cookies and stuff. I don't know how to delete that stuff with FireFox. With IE it was just part of Internet Options. Right clicking the IE thing on the desktop and going to propterties or something. Does that also affect FireFox's cookies and history and stuff? I kinda doubt it. Also, is there any way to fix this problem without loosing uh... the forum history or whatever. I mean if I delete cookies I assume then that either all threads will either be marked as read, or marked as unread, which will screw everything up. Granted it'd get back on track after a day or so, and if that's how it has to be then I'll deal with it. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Edit: I found the option in FireFox. Had to use the "Help for Internet Explorer Users" thing but I got it :D Cleared the cookies and cache. Didn't cause as much trouble as I feared. I'm already back on track and everything seems to be working as it should now. *Shrug* I apologise for wasting anyone's time.

crono_logical
09-19-2005, 08:09 PM
Nice to see someone's reading the announcements, trying it out, and finding it works :D