PDA

View Full Version : What are your opinions on "Legend of Legaia"?

Crossblades
09-19-2005, 02:43 AM
My interest in this game just sparked all of a sudden. It looks interesting. What are your opinions on this game? Is it good?

TheAbominatrix
09-19-2005, 02:58 AM
I enjoyed it very much. Aside from the battle system, there isnt much that's out of the ordinary, nothing that really sets it apart from the rest of the RPGs out there. Lots of tired cliches, but for the most part I enjoyed it and would love to play it again.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-19-2005, 03:03 AM
The commercial was pretty weird.

Lord Chainsaw
09-19-2005, 03:24 AM
My favorite part of that game was the boss battles. They would last. That's the way boss battles should be. None of this deal where a boss has 5000 HP and you slice it for 1000 damage a round.

Regular battles unfortunately weren't as good. It was a lot of fun trying to reach level 99 to get that secret summon. I never did. Lost interest in that sidequest somewhere around level 78-80. Considering end game levels are in the high 30's, I'd say this was a pretty crazy and pointless sidequest.

Vyk
09-19-2005, 03:48 AM
I never even heard of that. But I adored this game. The battle system is ace. I remember one reviewer called it Xenogears on steroids. Like a turn-based fighting game with tons of combos. I dunno why but I absolutely loved that about it. And in that one town with all the minigame things where you can play an arcade fighting game and really cut loose. That was awesome. Though the game had a slight edge, being a pixelated 3D game I was severely nostalgic for Xenogears itself. It was cliched I suppose... But something about it was different. To me anyway. The cliches weren't yawn worthy or annoying. They worked for me. I personally loved the game. It was lighthearted non-boring fun.

The Shoeless Hobo
09-19-2005, 07:43 AM
This was a great game. One of the best non-Square games for PSone. I want it again... :(