PDA

View Full Version : CoM-Can't get cards - getting mad!

karatehero
09-19-2005, 03:34 PM
For whatever reason, I can't seem to get good cards from anywhere. All I want is good level 9 cards. I just got to destiny islands .

Where can I go to get some good cards? Should I keep going or stop and try to get some? I got a bunch of moogle room cards. should I save it and try and see if the freebie cards are good and reload if they are bad?

SeeDRankLou
09-19-2005, 08:51 PM
should I save it and try and see if the freebie cards are good and reload if they are bad?
That's not a bad idea. You may want to wait until the next world before you start doing that, just to be safe. Just keep trying the moogle rooms, you'll get 9s eventually. Remember, any cards you don't like you can always sell back. And if you are running low on moogle points, make two consecutive rooms that are very big with lots of stuff to hit/jump on. Just go back and forth between the two rooms and hit/jump on everything, you'll rack up moogle points in no time.

karatehero
09-19-2005, 09:47 PM
kewl,

I didn't know if there was a next world, or if this was it.

Thanks!

Cruise Control
09-20-2005, 10:29 PM
Traverse town gives away loads of nines, but they are only kingdom keys, its a good place to start,

Ouch!
09-21-2005, 12:11 AM
On the final floor (13th Floor I believe.) it becomes very easy to both level up and rack up a lot of moogle points in the manner that SRL suggested. I went from 40-something to the high sixties in no time with a half-decent deck. I went through the game avoiding a bunch of battles and I never thought to use zeroes so until I got to the final boss fight I had a rather rough time. The moogle rooms on the last floor offer a bunch of good cards. I always went with an omnislash heavy deck. I had six or seven Cloud cards and whatever the card is that reloads all your cards instantly is. Megalixer (sp?) I think.

I'd suggest stocking up on 7-9 cards of the strongest keys you can get and have at least three zero cards, but more is probably a good idea. You can always be cheap as all get-out and use only zero cards for your attack cards and just cancel every attack your enemy throws at you. Sure, it takes a while, but it's guaranteed win.

karatehero
09-21-2005, 05:24 PM
Hmm, that all 0 thing I don't think will work for me. I made a deck that has

9-0-9-0-9-0-9-0.....

Thinking that any sleights used I could hit with my 0 and any attack cards are beaten by my 9. Riku IV keeps killing me.

So, I thought that 0 cards only be 9+ cards. I thought a 0 card always lost to a 1-8.

Skyblade
09-21-2005, 05:51 PM
Zero cards can beat any card or even any sleight. Wait until the enemy plays a card, then play a zero card. It will card break the enemy's card, no matter what the value of that card is. However, if you use a zero card, the enemy can break that card with any value card. If you use zero to start out an attack, it's useless, because it will always be countered. But if you use it to counter an enemies attack, you should have no problem.

karatehero
09-22-2005, 01:37 PM
That trick worked out real well. I setup my deck like this

Attack
0-0-0-0-0-.....

Cure
9-9-9-8-8-7-7-0-0-0-0

Hi potion - 9
elixer - 9
megaelixer - 9

I just made sure I always had a curaga waiting to be used. It was pretty easy then.

I appreciate the tip. I was pulling my hair out! Then I beat Riku 4 and didn't save. I got my butt whooped in the next battle and had to do Riku again!

Ho hum! Thanks again!

karatehero
09-26-2005, 03:46 PM
Yup, I still can't get cards. I am at level 13 right now. I have a moogle shop that I am buying all the red cards from. He just won't give me anything over a 7. Do I just have bad luck or is there a secret here?

Skyblade
09-26-2005, 07:17 PM
Yup, I still can't get cards. I am at level 13 right now. I have a moogle shop that I am buying all the red cards from. He just won't give me anything over a 7. Do I just have bad luck or is there a secret here?

The game doesn't like you. Sorry, but I think it's just bad luck.

karatehero
09-26-2005, 07:41 PM
Its just insane! I keeps buying the 500$ pack, and the cards are always crappy. I think I'm just going to finish the game and we'll see what happens.