PDA

View Full Version : Black Mages

Cruise Control
09-19-2005, 09:55 PM
What do you think? And while we're at it whats your favorite Black Mage's song.

I think they are freakin brilliant. I like Battle With Seymour.

SeeDRankLou
09-19-2005, 10:46 PM
I like the Black Mages quite a bit, I hope they keep doing more stuff. It's hard to choose a favorite, but I guess I'll go with Maybe I'm a Lion.

rubah
09-20-2005, 02:09 AM
Clash on the Big Bridge is possibly my favorite from their first cd, with Those Who Fight Further possibly coming in a close second.

On their second, none of them can compare to The Skies Above. It fulfills so many dreams in one not-quite simple song.

But Maybe I'm a Lion is hot also, and Blue Blast!

The Filecreator
09-26-2005, 09:23 PM
i`d go for bleu blast, unless....
is otherworld also a BM song?
if so, i`ll go for otherworld :D

kikimm
09-29-2005, 12:59 AM
I've never really listened to them, which makes me feel bad. I want to, but I'm really sure what to expect, since I haven't done any research; I just know of them.

Maybe this will thread will inspire me, but most likely I'll forget by the time I leave this forum. :strung:

XxSephirothxX
09-29-2005, 02:51 AM
They're good. Very good. And that's that.

Daryl
09-29-2005, 11:05 PM
They are great. I don't recall a specific song I preferred, but I enjoy what I have heard of theirs.

Yoruhoshi
10-02-2005, 10:36 PM
They are awesome. They're like, I dunno, Japanese hard rock. They rule. (Of course, I am biased. I always role-play as a Black Mage.)

Destai
10-03-2005, 12:21 AM
Theyre great, I like Jenova.

Shoden
10-04-2005, 05:13 PM
One winged Angel, Jenova and EDancing mad are my favourites.

ffxatticus
10-07-2005, 01:51 AM
i just looked up the cds online and for some reason one copy of each version is 20 dollars where as there is another which is 50, anyone know why?

Destai
10-07-2005, 06:02 PM
i just looked up the cds online and for some reason one copy of each version is 20 dollars where as there is another which is 50, anyone know why?One copy was probably genuine while the other copy was a perfectly shaped fake slightly illegal made in taiwan copy.

Winter Nights
10-07-2005, 06:15 PM
I really liked the first album, but the second wasn't that great. Most of the tracks were decent at best, aside from Otherworld and The Skies Above. They were horrible. Female vocals do not sound right with Otherworld. The Skies Above was worse. The music was great, on par with the first album. If they would have left it at that, it would be fine. But, NOOOOOOOO.. That singing made me want to rip my ears off and toss them in the blender.

ffxatticus
10-07-2005, 07:44 PM
why is it 50 bucks then?

Swifthom
10-16-2005, 10:29 PM
The skies above is brilliant, pure genius madness andsomehow it just... works...

Now everytime ihere the original song I can picture the lyrics in my head... ARGHHH...

That said, generally I think their good, most songs are a light improvement over the original, some are better and the odd one or two is worce. But I do enjoy their music, thumgs up from me.

Destai
10-16-2005, 11:00 PM
why is it 50 bucks then?Becuase ones real so its better.

Cruise Control
10-23-2005, 11:54 PM
I find it difficult to listen to To Zanarkand, or any song that has snatches of that in it, without hearing the skies above.

Winter Nights
10-26-2005, 02:06 AM
The Skies Above is an abomination to the art of singing.

rubah
10-26-2005, 04:08 AM
What is your, and others', gripe with The Skies Above? Is it just the opera+rock mix? Maybe I've been exposed to too much j-rock, but it doesn't seem that outlandish

Cruise Control
10-27-2005, 12:52 AM
I find it difficult to listen to To Zanarkand, or any song that has snatches of that in it, without hearing the skies above.
What is your, and others', gripe with The Skies Above? Is it just the opera+rock mix? Maybe I've been exposed to too much j-rock, but it doesn't seem that outlandish
No, you misunderstand me, I just like it that much! I don't think there was a better voice that they could have used.
Otherworld is also awesome, its the opposite of the original because you can actually understand what they are saying.

Winter Nights
10-27-2005, 01:34 AM
That is not opera. I listen to opera. That is just horrible singing.

Destai
10-27-2005, 01:40 AM
That is not opera. I listen to opera. That is just horrible singing.Quoted for truth. *loves you for posting that*

Winter Nights
10-27-2005, 01:58 AM
Quoted for truth. *loves you for posting that*
Thank you, thank you. *bows*

Holy_Aeris
10-31-2005, 09:04 AM
Grr they ruined Otherworld and the Skies Above!!!! Should of just left the songs as it is!

The Black Mages, first album, is pretty good though!

crono_logical
11-07-2005, 07:43 PM
I watched the Black Mages playing live the other day, and when I heard it, I decided it was crap compared to the CD versions of the tracks they played :p

Uematsu looked too much like Mario in those videos :D

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
11-12-2005, 11:42 AM
I agree with all of you.
I down loaded both the albums and I really liked the first album but the second was a bit of a dissapointment. After choosing vocalists like Faye wong, Rikki and Jade, you would expect the voices chosen by Uematsu for The skies above and Otherworld would be on the same level. When i burnt them onto disk i left them two out.

BTW I love:
JENOVA
Those who fight further (something like that)
Fight with seymour.

From "the Skies above"
Vallo Flemenco
and Matoyas cave

I never thought it would be my kind of music though.

vampirepiggyhunter7
11-18-2005, 09:15 PM
I love force your way...

RaidenWeb17
11-24-2005, 04:54 PM
Grr they ruined Otherworld and the Skies Above!!!! Should of just left the songs as it is!

The Black Mages, first album, is pretty good though!
Yeah i agree with this guy. Otherworld SUCKED with that chicks voice. and when i was listening to The Skies Above i was like ok no what did they change and then that stupid dude's voice starts singing and it actually scared me at first i wasnt expecting something so stupid. I abrubtly turned it off.

Roto13
12-03-2005, 06:10 AM
What a weird coincidence. This is the first time I've seen this topic, and I'm listening to my favourite Black Mages song. The Decisive Battle.

xtreme112
12-03-2005, 06:54 AM
I've never even heard of them, I'm assuming they do ff songs or something, what are they all about?

RaidenWeb17
12-05-2005, 12:50 AM
Nobou got a couple of his pals and such and just remixed the songs. Thats it.

Little Blue
12-17-2005, 02:51 PM
I like them, the skies from above i think is brilliantly ludicrous, i was laughing so much when i heard it, but i think otherworld is just dull. My favourites Hunters Chance

Cloud Valentine
12-18-2005, 05:10 PM
I love the black mages, and pretty much prefer these versions of the songs rather than the origional versions (1. most of the origional versions are midi, 2. it's pretty much my kind of music) except for otherworld and the skies above. Otherworld is just worse due to the crappy female vocals which are not only out of place but generally she can't sing. The skies above is just different and really shouldn't be compared to To Zanarkand. I personally like The Skies above, but the singing could've been better. They possibly should've just left the singing out.

Other than that, I love all the songs, especially those who fight further and Maybe I'm a lion. Dancing mad is great too, but it's incredibly long.

On another note, are there any other FF songs that anyone would like to be redone by the black mages? I personally want to hear a BM remix of Dark Messenger (no vocals please though).

Cruise Control
12-18-2005, 11:31 PM
My favorite has to be Matoyas Cave, I really like when the original kicks in. I would like to hear a remix of the SeeD theme.

YTDN
01-17-2006, 08:56 PM
I like The Skies above, Dancing Mad, JENOVA, Otherworld and Force your way.

JackNapier
02-04-2006, 12:31 AM
They rock. I like Force Your Way(FF8 boss theme). I didn't like The Skies above at first but it grows on you.

Shin Gouken
02-07-2006, 02:35 PM
They really are freaken talented muscisions. I only have the first album, and naturally, my fave is clash on the big bridge (Gilgameshs theme :cool: )