PDA

View Full Version : Contact Lenses

GooeyToast
09-19-2005, 10:15 PM
Yeah, I've got some.

Mine are very comfortable and soft. I hardly notice them.

Only problem is, i have to try not to rub my eye and I can't just take them off whenever whereever I want.

So who here wears/enjoys them?

P.S.: Can you wear them in water?

Rye
09-19-2005, 10:16 PM
I have contacts, I like them very much. :) I can't get water in mine or else they burn my eyes. My friend put her contacts in water and they turned green, so I don't think you can.

Traitorfish
09-19-2005, 10:18 PM
I don't wear them, 'cause I think the idea of weging a piece of glass in your eye seems a little painful. It isn't supposed to be, I know, but I'd probably mess it up... I didn't actually add anything to this topic , did I? Sorry. :(

Chris
09-19-2005, 10:18 PM
I have some that makes my eyes green (!) but I don't really need them. Just to look go... better than I already do. :cool:

Rye
09-19-2005, 10:19 PM
I don't wear them, 'cause I think the idea of weging a piece of glass in your eye seems a little painful. It isn't supposed to be, I know, but I'd probably mess it up... I didn't actually add anything to this topic , did I? Sorry. :(

They're not actually glass. I thought they were glass too, before I actually got one. They're very flexible and watery.

Chris
09-19-2005, 10:23 PM
Well, you can get some adapted for water use. You can pratically get some to any occasion.

SeeDRankLou
09-19-2005, 10:44 PM
I wear contacts, and have been for almost 8 years. They're a thin piece of plastic, I usually can barely feel them, and I got used to them very quickly. I now wear Day and Night contacts, it's a relatively new kind you can leave in your eye for a month without taking them out once. They are wonderful, and until like two or three days before I have to take them out I can't even feel them, and I almost never rewet them until then either. Also, I don't have peripheral vision when I wear my glasses, but I do when I wear my contacts.

Chaos
09-19-2005, 10:55 PM
I wear them. They are so much better than glasses IMO although I still wear them from time to time. Mine are daily disposables so I have to take them out after 12 hours and I can't get them wet. They burn.

I want ones you can wear all the time even when sleeping. I think you can get them now...you just have to take them out once a month or something.

Mind you, laser eye surgery sounds good....

Chaos

The Jamie Star Scenario
09-19-2005, 10:57 PM
I think I need to get a some of the abovementioned contacts. I have the one day ones as my eyesight isn't that bad but when I trying to spot a hottie on a night out I would rather be wearing my contacts than my glasses therefore I have them.
Though I always get drunk and fall asleep in them and then wake up with my eyes all blurred from the contact and some sort of eye juice. It is lovely.

Kirobaito
09-19-2005, 10:59 PM
I've had contacts for three 1/2 years. I wear them much longer than I should. I get a year supply at a time, and I'm only on my second year's supply.

SomethingBig
09-19-2005, 11:37 PM
I have an astigmatism, so contacts + me = sux. Even the new Acuvue Advanced, which are supposed to be great for people with astigmatism, sux.

Leeza
09-20-2005, 12:02 AM
I never ever thought that I would want contacts because I didn't think that I could ever put something in my eyes, but I've changed my mind and will be getting some eventually. Glasses can be a pain.

kikimm
09-20-2005, 12:10 AM
I don't have any yet (or glasses) but I'm pretty sure I'll have to get them eventually, as my eyesight isn't exactly perfect now. I'm a little nervous, as I don't like putting things near or on my eyes. Oh well. :monster:

Mitch
09-20-2005, 12:52 AM
I don't really like wearing contacts, they get real sore after a few hours but If I go out of to someones house I wear them because I don't look to good with glasses...

rubah
09-20-2005, 01:01 AM
I've had contacts for three 1/2 years. I wear them much longer than I should. I get a year supply at a time, and I'm only on my second year's supply.
And then you complain after a mere nine hours of reading.

I don't have or need contacts.

Salmon King
09-20-2005, 02:53 AM
I've gotten used to my glasses. Had them since 6th grade. Contact lenses scare me. I don't want them to go behind my eye and then me having to rub all over the eye to get to it.

Rase
09-20-2005, 06:46 AM
I wear some all the time, except when sleeping, since that would apparently make it possible for one to get stuck behind my eye. :(

However, ever since I switch from glasses to contects, I've loved them. Only problem is occasionally they get out of place or hurt, but a quick blink or rub usually fixes that. :)

-N-
09-20-2005, 06:47 AM
I'm doing classified research concerning contact lenses.

Speaking of which, has anyone ever tried freeze-drying their lenses?

Jack
09-20-2005, 09:15 AM
I have daily disposables which I use when I need them, or expressed above, want to look good. I learnt how to do it at Reading Festival after wasting like 15 of them. I've used them in water and they were okay,but that wasn't sea water/Chloride Pool Water so I supose it didn't matter so much.
Very comfortable I think.

Miriel
09-20-2005, 09:24 AM
I've had contacts for about 5 years now. I couldn't live without them.

Jewels
09-20-2005, 11:49 AM
I'm so glad I got rid of my glasses and got contact lenses. They have never troubled me, and I never get sore eyes from wearing them all day. I have worn them to sleep and nothing's happened. However, I remember my optometrist saying it's not good to wear them when I go swimming in a pool because of the chlorine.

Yamaneko
09-20-2005, 06:21 PM
I wear contacts because I don't want to be a nerd. :(

Silmaril
09-20-2005, 06:50 PM
I wanted contacts once, but I couldn't bring myself to poke myself in the eye. I'm used to my glasses and I like 'em coz I look very nice in them :)

GooeyToast
09-20-2005, 10:24 PM
I wanted contacts once, but I couldn't bring myself to poke myself in the eye. I'm used to my glasses and I like 'em coz I look very nice in them :)

You don't "poke yourself in the eye", but simply place the contact gently against thy pupil, and then it kinda sticks to it and you bring your finger away.

It all becomes standard precedure after a week or so.

Jojee
09-20-2005, 10:28 PM
I have grey contacts and they are comfy and soft and pretty ^__^

Twisted Tinkerbell
09-20-2005, 10:31 PM
I want to get coloured ones, i saw cats eyes lenses that looked cool. Other than that I don't my ex bf did, personally I thought he looked better with glasses.

Jess
09-20-2005, 10:34 PM
I wear glasses but not often, just when I'm in class and I can't see the whiteboard etcetera.
I am getting contacts but when I got my glasses (about 4/5 months ago), I was told to wait about half a year before I got them. I don't know why though.

Sporkeh
09-20-2005, 10:35 PM
I've used them for like, 6-7 months now. Sometimes it is a bother though...sometimes it hurts or falls out. :P But it's okay I guess. :] It took me a while to get used to putting them in though--I remember when I had to try them on at the optometrist, and it took me forever just to stick 'em in. XD;;